• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views




    Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Results 1 to 25 of 27
    Like Tree2Likes

    Thread: Tell me about sixpackshortcuts

    1. #1
      Member
      Join Date
      Apr 2007
      Gender
      Location
      Victoria B.C. Canada
      Posts
      2,868
      Likes
      60

      Tell me about sixpackshortcuts

      I've been at the gym for 5 months, and stumbled upon this on youtube. Is this a good place to learn from? yes it costs money, no i wont pay for it because i'm not made of money (i'll download it). Is this guys preaching something i should follow or assume it's a scam?

    2. #2
      Dionysian stormcrow's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 2010
      LD Count
      About 1 a week
      Gender
      Location
      Cirith Ungol
      Posts
      895
      Likes
      482
      DJ Entries
      3
      To my knowledge, to acquire and maintain a six pack you have to do crunches frequently. If you don't want to commit to the work and are looking for shortcuts, how can you be motivated to do the exercise required to maintain a six pack? People don't get healthy and just remain on a plateau of healthiness their whole life, they have to constantly exercise(at least a couple times a week) to maintain this state. I just wanted to say that before this thread gets potentially locked. Why do you keep posting threads about scams?
      tommo likes this.

    3. #3
      Member
      Join Date
      Apr 2007
      Gender
      Location
      Victoria B.C. Canada
      Posts
      2,868
      Likes
      60
      Quote Originally Posted by stormcrow View Post
      To my knowledge, to acquire and maintain a six pack you have to do crunches frequently. If you don't want to commit to the work and are looking for shortcuts, how can you be motivated to do the exercise required to maintain a six pack? People don't get healthy and just remain on a plateau of healthiness their whole life, they have to constantly exercise(at least a couple times a week) to maintain this state. I just wanted to say that before this thread gets potentially locked. Why do you keep posting threads about scams?
      sixpackshortcuts is a guys channel on youtube, and he has a website. It works for me because i'm overweight (5'10 218 pounds) because he talks about losing stomach fat. But i wanna know from the health experts here if this guy should be trustworthy or not. You don't go to the gym, you do it at home. 30 minutes 3-4 days a week for 12 weeks. He said the meals are like $100 a month, or maybe he said 200, i forget but it's really cheap foods that keep you full. If you do not enjoy cooking, his meal plan is for you. I don't like to cook, so i'll definatly take a look at his meal plan.

      Also, why do you think it's a scam?
      Last edited by LucidFlanders; 06-24-2011 at 09:24 AM.

    4. #4
      Banned
      Join Date
      Mar 2011
      Posts
      918
      Likes
      223
      DJ Entries
      4
      So this youtube guy basically tells you to exercise and eat healthy? Revolutionary!

      I haven't seen his videos personally, but it sounds like it would be effective. I don't know why you're seeking approval of it on here, I'm sure the guy has a bunch of testimonials elsewhere on the web, or in the youtube comments section.

      Going into a work-out program hoping to cut corners and take shortcuts usually reflects your lack of commitment, though. If you want a 6-pack, you're gonna have to work for it. Good luck.

    5. #5
      Member
      Join Date
      Apr 2007
      Gender
      Location
      Victoria B.C. Canada
      Posts
      2,868
      Likes
      60
      Quote Originally Posted by Raphael View Post
      So this youtube guy basically tells you to exercise and eat healthy? Revolutionary!

      I haven't seen his videos personally, but it sounds like it would be effective. I don't know why you're seeking approval of it on here, I'm sure the guy has a bunch of testimonials elsewhere on the web, or in the youtube comments section.

      Going into a work-out program hoping to cut corner and take shortcuts is usually reflects your level of commitment. If you want a 6-pack, you're gonna have to work for it. Good luck.
      He talks about the myths, and if you're trying to lose body fat using a cardio machine is NOT a good way to lose it because how much effort you put into it and how little results you get out of it. He has a plan, and he talks about the most important thing about losing body fat is the 48 hours AFTER your workout, you get on his plan and he gets you losing calories even while you're not working out and just sitting around. He also talks about his personal trainer was the best in the country at the time he was with him, and that crunches are not good for losing belly fat since it works your abs, and not your belly fat. Your abs are hiding under your belly fat which is why you would see next to no results. I also have a p90x at home with me, but i'm not ready for that right now.

    6. #6
      Miss Sixy <span class='glow_FFFFFF'>Maria92</span>'s Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 2009
      LD Count
      Mortal Mist
      Gender
      Location
      Seiren
      Posts
      5,003
      Likes
      1408
      DJ Entries
      82
      Calories are calories. fat is fat. You can't just shed belly fat. You've got to shed fat everywhere else, too. Being a guy, yes, most of that fat is stored around the stomach. Working out only your stomach, though, will not burn stomach fat faster. It'll help you get a 6-pack, no doubt.

      Eating healthy is pretty simple. Pick up and develop a taste for low or negative calorie foods. Cut back on carbs, unless you enjoy the sensation of being hungry and having reached your calorie intake limit three hours ago. Your resting metabolic rate will constantly consume calories, too. So, as long as you're eating right and getting a moderate amount of exercise, you should see some good results. No need to kill yourself on the treadmill.

      Click the sig for my Dream Journal
      444 Dreams Recalled
      13 Lucid Dreams

    7. #7
      Member
      Join Date
      Apr 2007
      Gender
      Location
      Victoria B.C. Canada
      Posts
      2,868
      Likes
      60
      Quote Originally Posted by Mario92 View Post
      Calories are calories. fat is fat. You can't just shed belly fat. You've got to shed fat everywhere else, too. Being a guy, yes, most of that fat is stored around the stomach. Working out only your stomach, though, will not burn stomach fat faster. It'll help you get a 6-pack, no doubt.

      Eating healthy is pretty simple. Pick up and develop a taste for low or negative calorie foods. Cut back on carbs, unless you enjoy the sensation of being hungry and having reached your calorie intake limit three hours ago. Your resting metabolic rate will constantly consume calories, too. So, as long as you're eating right and getting a moderate amount of exercise, you should see some good results. No need to kill yourself on the treadmill.
      I never use the treadmill, but there is alot of equipment at the gym i don't use. I'm self conscious about my weight, or just doing things that have people watching me. I workout at the gym right now 5 days a week for nearly 7 hours a week but i eat pretty bad still...i'm too lazy to buy my own food.

    8. #8
      Banned
      Join Date
      Apr 2007
      Location
      Out Chasing Rabbits
      Posts
      15,193
      Likes
      929
      Scam.

      The ONLY way to get a 6-pack is to hit the track and the weight room. You need to do the ab workout to get the abs, but that isn't enough. Most people don't realize that. You need to run. Lifting weights won't burn the calories that running does. If you are male, you need 7% body fat or less, ladies 9% or less to have a 6 pack. If you are over that, no matter how strong your stomach is, it will look flat.

      Make sure you do it right though. For men, 10-12% is considered healthy, women, 12%-15%. It is okay to go below that, but only if it's because you are in shape. You can go well below that level and still be healthy, but only due to exercise, not malnutrition, so once you start getting a 6 pack, stop dieting if you are.

      When I was on the track team in college, but body fat was at about 4%, but I ate 8 thousand calories a day.

    9. #9
      LD's this year: ~7 tommo's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 2007
      Gender
      Location
      Melbourne
      Posts
      9,202
      Likes
      4986
      DJ Entries
      7
      Oh seriously dude. You obviously have incredibly low self esteem because people like that are the ones who fall for all this bullshit.

      You keep posting scams and then talking the people up, when you are asking for advice about it in the OP.

      If you are actually wanting to get a 6-pack:
      Basically listen to Ninja.
      - Lose fat
      - Exercise

      You already have a 6 pack under the fat. Not that I advise solely losing weight so that you can see it, coz the muscles will be too small and you'd have to lose way too much weight.

      Also you're not going to keep your abs up, if you just want abs. Because you're looking for a quick fix to your relationship problems and when you realise it's not easy, you will stop. I know this and you know this. Get serious about helping yourself feel better. Stop looking for easy ways out. A girl won't fall for you coz you have a 6 pack.
      Last edited by tommo; 06-24-2011 at 02:46 PM.

    10. #10
      Member
      Join Date
      Apr 2007
      Gender
      Location
      Victoria B.C. Canada
      Posts
      2,868
      Likes
      60
      Quote Originally Posted by tommo View Post
      Oh seriously dude. You obviously have incredibly low self esteem because people like that are the ones who fall for all this bullshit.

      You keep posting scams and then talking the people up, when you are asking for advice about it in the OP.

      If you are actually wanting to get a 6-pack:
      Basically listen to Ninja.
      - Lose fat
      - Exercise

      You already have a 6 pack under the fat. Not that I advise solely losing weight so that you can see it, coz the muscles will be too small and you'd have to lose way too much weight.

      Also you're not going to keep your abs up, if you just want abs. Because you're looking for a quick fix to your relationship problems and when you realise it's not easy, you will stop. I know this and you know this. Get serious about helping yourself feel better. Stop looking for easy ways out. A girl won't fall for you coz you have a 6 pack.
      I keep posting scams then talking the people up? the the eff are you talking about? i'm not doing this for girls, either...i got tired of being fat 5 months ago so i decided to try and lose it. Stop posting random bullshit in my threads if all you're going to do is say complete bullshit that you think is right, when it's not even right at all.

    11. #11
      Miss Sixy <span class='glow_FFFFFF'>Maria92</span>'s Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 2009
      LD Count
      Mortal Mist
      Gender
      Location
      Seiren
      Posts
      5,003
      Likes
      1408
      DJ Entries
      82
      Quote Originally Posted by LucidFlanders View Post
      I keep posting scams then talking the people up? the the eff are you talking about? i'm not doing this for girls, either...i got tired of being fat 5 months ago so i decided to try and lose it. Stop posting random bullshit in my threads if all you're going to do is say complete bullshit that you think is right, when it's not even right at all.
      http://www.dreamviews.com/f16/would-you-trust-116610/
      http://www.dreamviews.com/f96/aware-project-103085/
      http://www.dreamviews.com/f48/tell-m...ippers-115883/ (requested knowledge, link posted, promptly ignored, "talked up" razor shaving)

      You are making this all sorts of easy. You know that, right?
      tommo likes this.

      Click the sig for my Dream Journal
      444 Dreams Recalled
      13 Lucid Dreams

    12. #12
      Member
      Join Date
      Apr 2007
      Gender
      Location
      Victoria B.C. Canada
      Posts
      2,868
      Likes
      60
      He's talking about this thread.

      And yes, i know i have been asking for advice and not liking what others say, i am well aware of that. But not this thread. I gave a bit of information about what he does for his plan, not "talked up" I only talked up because most of the time nobody even looks at what i am asking, they say it right away. The whole point of me asking is that they also look it up and then make their decision, not already have a decision just reading the title. Not everything is a scam.
      Last edited by LucidFlanders; 06-24-2011 at 09:30 PM.

    13. #13
      Miss Sixy <span class='glow_FFFFFF'>Maria92</span>'s Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 2009
      LD Count
      Mortal Mist
      Gender
      Location
      Seiren
      Posts
      5,003
      Likes
      1408
      DJ Entries
      82
      Quote Originally Posted by LucidFlanders View Post
      He's talking about this thread.

      And yes, i know i have been asking for advice and not liking what others say, i am well aware of that. But not this thread. I gave a bit of information about what he does for his plan, not "talked up" I only talked up because most of the time nobody even looks at what i am asking, they say it right away. The whole point of me asking is that they also look it up and then make their decision, not already have a decision just reading the title. Not everything is a scam.
      For general reference, fad diets and shortcuts are scams. The normal healthy weight loss for people who aren't professional Olympic athletes is about 1-2 pounds per week. 50-100 pounds per year. There aren't any real secrets that will get you better, faster results. Eating healthy and exercising regularly and in moderation isn't a secret, and isn't particularly difficult. Staying motivated is your biggest hurdle. If you have the motivation to obtain and maintain a good physique, you don't need the videos or any other program. You'll achieve it on your own volition. If all you do is eat right and exercise (not back-breaking exercise at that, though scaling up is never a bad idea; e.g. start taking daily walks, then run a bit on your route, then run some more, until you're jogging the whole thing, then expand, and so on), then you'll pretty much be working at maximum capacity. Nothing you do beyond that will really make a difference.

      So ask yourself, is getting fantastic abs something you really, really want? Is it something you're willing to stick with for the long term? Are you prepared to learn how to shop, cook, and eat healthy meals and check your eating habits? Are you prepared to commit to a solid routine of exercise? If so, go for it. I wish you luck. But if you wavered, if you faulted, sorry to say, but your chances of achieving the end result is slim at best. Feel free to attempt it, but if you lack the willpower to set down the cheetos three months from now cuz you dropped 10 pounds and feel you deserve a treat, well...don't be disappointed when you start gaining it all back.

      Click the sig for my Dream Journal
      444 Dreams Recalled
      13 Lucid Dreams

    14. #14
      Xei
      UnitedKingdom Xei is offline
      Banned
      Join Date
      Aug 2005
      Posts
      9,984
      Likes
      3082
      With respects to losing fat from your stomach area specifically, this doesn't work. The body constantly redistributes whatever fat is in your body evenly. The only thing you can do is get your overall fat levels down, and this is 90% of the basis for getting abs.

    15. #15
      Member Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal Made lots of Friends on DV Referrer Bronze Populated Wall Tagger First Class 25000 Hall Points Veteran First Class
      <s><span class='glow_9ACD32'>DeletePlease</span></s>'s Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 2010
      Posts
      2,685
      Likes
      2883
      DJ Entries
      12
      two hundred sit-ups

      There you go, a simple yet effective routine for improving your core strength. It honestly doesn't get any simpler than that.

    16. #16
      Banned
      Join Date
      Apr 2007
      Location
      Out Chasing Rabbits
      Posts
      15,193
      Likes
      929
      Quote Originally Posted by Xei View Post
      With respects to losing fat from your stomach area specifically, this doesn't work. The body constantly redistributes whatever fat is in your body evenly. The only thing you can do is get your overall fat levels down, and this is 90% of the basis for getting abs.
      Another reason to go running. Running takes a lot of energy, so you body will redistribute fat into your legs. Especially if you run a lot of hills.

    17. #17
      Member
      Join Date
      Apr 2007
      Gender
      Location
      Victoria B.C. Canada
      Posts
      2,868
      Likes
      60
      Quote Originally Posted by ninja9578 View Post
      Another reason to go running. Running takes a lot of energy, so you body will redistribute fat into your legs. Especially if you run a lot of hills.
      I start at a new gym on Monday (goodlife fitness), so i'll be working on the treadmill. I always figured running would kill my knee i had major surgery on at 18, but i can lift 300 pounds on the seated leg press, and other leg ones just fine with no pain....soo...

      BTW sixpackshortcuts gets some videos sponsored by youtube, so if you go on and look at the right you may find some of his videos there. I also sometimes see it on the ads on this site aswell.

    18. #18
      Rain On Your Roof Achievements:
      1000 Hall Points Made Friends on DV Veteran First Class
      Unelias's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 2008
      LD Count
      Lost count.
      Gender
      Location
      Where angels fear to tread
      Posts
      1,228
      Likes
      254
      As previously said, if you want to show them off to others you need to cut fat off too. But maybe the best exercises for abs are done with chin up bar. Do crunches while you hang from the bar by bringing your knees to the chin and suppressing your whole core at the same time. Another one is to bring your knees to the chest and throw your legs from side to side while crunched. That is a bit hard since it requires power from the core and sides too, but an excellent exercise. Those are just few examples. Your own bodyweight is usually enough if done right.

      In my opinion situps are no good, they are the worst kind of abs. It is so easy to do them with legs. You can modify situps though ie. taking a stick and putting it behind your neck and holding it there with your hands. This takes the exercise to the core muscles because you have to keep your hands behind. Still, I'd say crunches and special abs exercises are a lot better. They work out your inner abs too. You can always hang upside down from bar and take a lifting weight and do abs there
      Jujutsu is the gentle art. It's the art where a small man is going to prove to you, no matter how strong you are, no matter how mad you get, that you're going to have to accept defeat. That's what jujutsu is.

    19. #19
      Banned
      Join Date
      Apr 2007
      Location
      Out Chasing Rabbits
      Posts
      15,193
      Likes
      929
      Quote Originally Posted by LucidFlanders View Post
      I start at a new gym on Monday (goodlife fitness), so i'll be working on the treadmill. I always figured running would kill my knee i had major surgery on at 18, but i can lift 300 pounds on the seated leg press, and other leg ones just fine with no pain....soo...

      BTW sixpackshortcuts gets some videos sponsored by youtube, so if you go on and look at the right you may find some of his videos there. I also sometimes see it on the ads on this site aswell.
      You really want to run outside on the grass, treadmills are boring, and bad for all of the joints.

    20. #20
      LD's this year: ~7 tommo's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 2007
      Gender
      Location
      Melbourne
      Posts
      9,202
      Likes
      4986
      DJ Entries
      7
      Yeah, you also don't use your (hamstrings? - back of your thigh muscles) at all.
      Coz the treadmill is pulling you legs back when you land instead of you pushing yourself forward.


      Gyms are for people with no self control.

    21. #21
      Rain On Your Roof Achievements:
      1000 Hall Points Made Friends on DV Veteran First Class
      Unelias's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 2008
      LD Count
      Lost count.
      Gender
      Location
      Where angels fear to tread
      Posts
      1,228
      Likes
      254
      Quote Originally Posted by tommo View Post
      Gyms are for people with no self control.
      Not 100% accurate comment, but I am pretty sure what you are aiming at.
      Jujutsu is the gentle art. It's the art where a small man is going to prove to you, no matter how strong you are, no matter how mad you get, that you're going to have to accept defeat. That's what jujutsu is.

    22. #22
      Banned
      Join Date
      Apr 2007
      Location
      Out Chasing Rabbits
      Posts
      15,193
      Likes
      929
      Truth, gyms have plenty of purposes, they have machines you don't have at home. I don't go to one anymore, but when I ran track I did to get some muscle groups I couldn't get at home or on the track.

    23. #23
      LD's this year: ~7 tommo's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 2007
      Gender
      Location
      Melbourne
      Posts
      9,202
      Likes
      4986
      DJ Entries
      7
      You can do everything you can do with machine, without them. Push-ups (hand stand ones too), pull-ups, running, jumping, swimming, squats etc. Maybe get dumbbells if you wanna get a bit more bulky muscle to look strong or something.

      Unelias - Yeah it's not true for everyone, but mostly people go to gyms when they don't have the willpower and self-discipline to exercise regularly by themselves.

    24. #24
      Rain On Your Roof Achievements:
      1000 Hall Points Made Friends on DV Veteran First Class
      Unelias's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 2008
      LD Count
      Lost count.
      Gender
      Location
      Where angels fear to tread
      Posts
      1,228
      Likes
      254
      I hardly ever use machines at gym. What I need for a gym is free weights, chin bar, bar for powerlifts, sandbags and kettlebells. Maybe bench but I do chest muscles with own bodyweight. Machines are too non-dynamic for my aims.

      I know what you were aiming at though tommo. Most of the people who go to the gyms do quite trivial set with different machines which could be done way better with free weights or different exercises. While I agree you can do many, many wonderful things with own bodyweight ( I fill my training mostly that way too) there are set of attributes you cannot increase with own bodyweight. Or if you want you need a partner. Ie. deadlifts or snatch.

      Mind you that I am talking this all from point of view of martial artist. How your body looks is trivial compared to efficent body.
      Jujutsu is the gentle art. It's the art where a small man is going to prove to you, no matter how strong you are, no matter how mad you get, that you're going to have to accept defeat. That's what jujutsu is.

    25. #25
      Member
      Join Date
      Apr 2007
      Gender
      Location
      Victoria B.C. Canada
      Posts
      2,868
      Likes
      60
      Quote Originally Posted by tommo View Post
      You can do everything you can do with machine, without them. Push-ups (hand stand ones too), pull-ups, running, jumping, swimming, squats etc. Maybe get dumbbells if you wanna get a bit more bulky muscle to look strong or something.

      Unelias - Yeah it's not true for everyone, but mostly people go to gyms when they don't have the willpower and self-discipline to exercise regularly by themselves.
      While eventually i will be working out by myself but right now i am not, not because i don't have the willpower to do it, or no self controll, i just wanna go because i rather get a feel for some things before i do say...p90x or 6packshortcuts. BTW speaking of 6packshortcuts, here is a video where you can burn 700 cals in 20 mins.

      YouTube - &#x202a;Home Workout (Burn 700 Cal in 20 min) For Six Pack Abs&#x202c;&rlm;

    Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

    Bookmarks

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •