• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
      Member Achievements:
      Referrer Bronze 1 year registered Veteran First Class 10000 Hall Points
      DJ Entries

Mausoleum Of Maussollos

Mausoleum Of Maussollos - Going In A Painting And Visiting
      I am someplace like an art gallery where I am taking down this large painting of an ancient building off of this easel. After taking the painting down I hang it from the ceiling. After looking at it, I realize that it is a painting of the Mausoleum Of Maussollos. I enter the picture and am now inside the building.

On the first floor, there are all of these larger statues about 5 to 6 feet tall. As I float up to the next floor, the statues here are smaller, except for a couple of statues right inside the door, as most of these statues are about 2 to 3 feet tall. There are shelves along the walls which are sort of like trophy cases with even smaller statues on them.

There are also small statues on the third and fourth floors, in addition to several paintings on the wall. In addition to the statues, there are these miniature models of carriages on the shelves of this floor.

When I get up to the fifth floor, the statues on this floor are larger like they were on the first floor, and in the middle of this floor there is a gold chariot. When I float outside to explore, this place seems to be in a desert, as it is all sandy.

Banned
      Wow, that sounds awesome man.

Member Achievements:
      DJ Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by ninja9578 View Post
      Wow, that sounds awesome man.
      Thanks. I never know what to expect from my subconscious, because it always surprises me at the way it approaches these tasks. When it gets good and ready, then the tasks get completed, and usually in a way that I had not even considered doing them.

This be our finest battle Scarhand's Avatar
      Between a dream and reality
      I absolutely love this idea.

I liked last years, but I was but a novice then and could not participate.
      However I'm dying to start on this, and will do so as soon as I can.
      "This is for long forgotten light at the end of the world..."

The Voices Sing to Me bassairmoon's Avatar
      LD Count
      England
      DJ Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by bassairmoon View Post

I’m dreaming and I know it. I can’t remember why I know it, though. I’m stood in the dining room talking to mom. I tell her I’m dreaming. She agrees. I ask why she didn’t argue with me. She shrugs.

I try to fly randomly
      (I can’t remember exactly when) and then I remember the Dreamviews Task of the Year. So I decide to go to the Hanging Gardens of Babylon. I can see it in my head, so I think I have a chance.

I try everything.

I try writing it on a piece of paper and clicking the link. I try opening a door and expecting to be there
      (and actually ending up in my garden instead). I try flying there by launching myself off a plank. Nothing works. I even try going to the development behind my house to find something to jump off.

I fail. But I try.

Meh, well ... I tried. And WILL TRY AGAIN! lol
      Sexuality is fluid, whether you're gay or you're straight or you're bisexual, you just go with the flow. - Shane McCutcheon (L Word)

Banned
      You'll get there soon, you got plenty of time. I gotta start too

finland
      nice
      Insanity is the mind's only effective defense against reality.
      sometimes dreams are so good that it hurts to wake up... .

Oneironaut Achievements:
      Veteran First Class 5000 Hall Points
      iadr... you're such a professional... almost done!

i think I'll try whenever I become good at LDing... The year has just started so I guess that I'll have plenty time... For now I'd rather increase my Dream Recall which is around 3 dreams a night and become better at stabilizing...

I'll definitly try this if I become good during this year... Definitly.
      OOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOO
      "He was unrespectful to the Dream Pirate"
      said the seal after beating up my brother

RESPECT THE DREAM PIRATE or the sea animals will get you! ARG! ARG! ARG!

Goals [ ]Jump on a trempoline with an elephant [ ]Meet Dream Pirate and give him a gift
      [ ]Shapeshift [ ]Spy on a DC [x]Fly

Member Achievements:
      1000 Hall Points Veteran First Class

Oooo this sounds like fun too

finland
      you have to try it is fun
      Insanity is the mind's only effective defense against reality.
      sometimes dreams are so good that it hurts to wake up... .

Deer Lodge, TN
      Man I can not get lucid!!!
      dilds:21 wilds:34
      WILD Students-
      Eppy

ray
      perched in the shadows
      you'll get lucid just don't try so hard.

hanging gardens of babylon :
      i was awakened by a bell tolling and jumped up realizing i was late to serve my lady, the queen.(i was a lady-in-waiting for the queen)i dressed quickly and ran to my lady's chambers.i quickly set up my powders and supplies and asked forgiveness for being late.she simply nodded indicating i should get on with it.as i did my lady's hair for the morning i hoped today she would be free for a while so she would talk with me.i was my lady's favorite and she frequently took off from her duties and came to me for company.today we would be walking the gardens and i was excited.the gardens were magnificent and i always longed to see and be in them even though i went in them constantly.my lady smiled playfully "you could work as a greenery woman you know." she teased, interpreting my haste with her hair correctly.i mumbled an apology and gathered my things as she got up to have her perfumist apply the final touches to today's outfit.she dismissed me and told me to wait at the end of the hall after i had eaten.later we walked toward this floor's garden gates and were bowed through by four guards.a spectacular sight met our eyes as vivid flowers and plants of every color reached unimaginable heights and wound their way around the artificial streams.we reached the massive turning screws that pulled water eternally up for the plants to drink and we sat mesmerized by their turning until my lady wanted to walk farther in.i followed and listened to her steady stream of chatter about the plants.as we went down a flight of stairs we came to a pocket of herbs and as we reached the mint my lady picked leaves off explaining its healing and restorative properties.she chewed on a leaf watching the cool water go by.we followed the stream to a deep calm pool and watched fish swim round.late afternoon sometime we heard other bells toll telling us it was time for a midday meal.we came through a tunnel of over hanging vines and emerged in a secluded balcony overlooking the west gardens.servants came and served us cool summer treats and fruit harvested from the east garden.as we ate watermelon and grapes we watched the beautiful birds that came to nest here,flit and swing through the trees and vine.my lady stood and motioned for me.we walked to the edge of the balcony and my lady stared out.she sighed and turned to me smiling."this place doesn't just keep or hold peace,it is the very nature of it......feel free to come here without me,i shall tell the guards to give you passage." overcome with joy i simply nodded.suddenly she laughed and pulled me to the pool and threw me in, jumping in after.we laughed and splashed until we were tired.afterwards we sat by the side watching the streams bubbling by.

that was a fun dream i wish i could have it again.
      geez that was long.
      adopted: illidan
      Wer-wolf alert
      The beatles r mine 4evers!!!
      broken link removed---click peez!
      "you fuzzy little man peach!"-Old Greg a.k.a. scaly little man fish

Banned
      Nicely done ray

Member Achievements:
      Made lots of Friends on DV Populated Wall Veteran First Class 5000 Hall Points Referrer Bronze Vivid Dream Journal
      LD Count
      México
      DJ Entries
      Aww, I tried and failed... why are my dreams so... WL like <.<

Here, from todays dream:

Quote Originally Posted by Walms View Post
      Sunday February 8th
      Back to sleep.

Get up, go have breakfast, don’t even care about RCing, remember the task of going to the old wonders, of course I wanted to find something interesting, but was already awake, so trying to decide which one I should go to tomorrow, there was 2 main options, Egypt or the Zeus place, then I started to think how funny it would be if I were to be dreaming, so start to stare at the clouds and see one of them had the form of a pyramid, I start to try and move it with telekinesis which works, now I become lucid, then go out and find my sister in there, I ask her if she would like to go to egypt, she says she would like to, but there is no money, then I tell her its ok since we are dreaming, then wonder if I should bring the Pyramid here or go to Egypt, going was better, so make a DT door on the cloud and tell her to hold on to me, we are going to fly, but somehow… we only jump and fall, gravity was perfect as so was air pressure, then I start to panic because some people were outside and that looked weir as hell, then start to do the common RCs, and say “What the hell am I doing… I already know these won’t work on my dreams, how stupid of me, but then… am I dreaming or not?” Which makes me lose lucidity, my sister didn’t help much tough, saying something like “Well, if it were a dream, how I can feel the air?” I agree with her and continue with daily activities, to later wake up.

Always Lucid Achievements:
      Referrer Bronze Vivid Dream Journal 5000 Hall Points Veteran First Class
      <span class='glow_FF0000'>allensig3654</span>'s Avatar
      LD Count
      100+
      Astral
      DJ Entries
      I want to try this one as well. The last task I tried( visit the planets) failed so bad. I have a REALLY hard time flying
      Float

Banned
      Aww, don't worry, flying is easy.

I need to LD!!!!!
      hmm i really want to do this but iv only had once lucid dream which im not going to talk about it was very very very semi lucid after that dream I lost all my dream recall... iv still got 11 and a half months to start lucid dreaming...

good luck to everyone else trying to do it

Member Achievements:
      1000 Hall Points Veteran First Class
      Yeah I got one! Now I'm on my way. I'm gonna do it this year.

I had a failure on the 8th but I succeeded on the 11th.

Normal dream parts are in green and lucid parts are in blue.

FAILURE:
      Quote Originally Posted by John11 View Post
      Hotel Lucid:
      I was in some foreign country. I was at the entrance to some temple. Some people were walking in. I saw that I needed a ticket to get in so I went over to a counter I saw that was selling tickets. I asked them if they took American money and they said they did. The ticket was $1.53 and I gave them two dollars. The lady was trying to figure out how to give me change. She didn’t know how.

Next thing I remember I’m in a hotel near the temple. I went to my room where I was staying. I was lying down, but I decided to get up. There was a guy in the hotel lobby taking photographs of people doing drugs. I asked him what he was doing and he wanted me to get out of the way. I proceeded to skip down the hallway and I noticed that my movements seemed like they were in slow motion. I thought it was pretty cool and that it seemed like something that would happen in a dream. Then I realized it could be a dream. I looked at my hand and it looked a little strange and I realized I was dreaming. I started flying down the hall back toward my room. I went in my room and the dream was fading. I tried touching things to stabilize it. The visuals faded and I just tried imagining touching the great pyramid for the task of the year. But whenever I tried touching something it just felt like the wallpaper in the hotel room.

The hotel room visuals reformed a bit and I went out the window of my room. Outside there was some concrete and I was trying to touch that and imagine it was the great pyramid, but that didn’t work. I started feeling my real hand and
      I woke up.

SUCCESS!
      Quote Originally Posted by John11's Dream Journal View Post
      The Great Pyramid:
      I had a series of quick false awakenings...

I just assumed I was still dreaming this time. I didn’t open my eyes. I went into the bathroom. I decided I’d crawl though my mirror and try to get the Great Pyramid to appear. It felt like going through a pool of water. I couldn’t see anything yet, but I felt myself climbing up the Great Pyramid. As I was climbing, the visuals formed. I could now see the Great Pyramid and another large pyramid. However, both were inside a giant room that looked to be made out of sand. Also, they were colored red and blue and had rounded edges. I got to the top of the pyramid quickly. I then jumped down from the top.

I wanted to go inside. I had to go around to the entrance. When I got around the corner, something came out of nowhere and tried to attack me. It was some sort of animal warrior that ran on all fours and had a spear. When it got to me, somehow I stole its spear and hit it with it. It was knocked out. I thought it was cool that I won the fight that easily.

When I went inside, I wanted to go down, but it only went up. I started going up. It was a long way to the end of the corridor. I was looking around at the interior. I was also colored blue and red and tan. It was in a semi checkerboard style, but it was really fancy. It was all very brightly lit like there was a sky light at the top of the pyramid. Whenever I looked forward, the dream would start to fade. So, I tried walking forward while looking off to the side but the dream faded.

I was going to start recording my dream, but there was someone in my bed. I didn’t think much of it and tried to record my dream. There were 3 mechanical doll people next to the bed too. They dropped off these spheres. The spheres were colorful and surrounded by a fancy wire design. These were the spheres of dreaming. One was science, one was religion. There were two other ones which I can’t recall now (humor maybe?). I asked one of the dolls to bring me the science sphere.

When they dropped the spheres off, they would disintegrate, but one of them stayed intact. I saw that the room I was in looked just like the pyramid interior and
      I realized I was dreaming again. My mom was there now (the person in the bed from before?). I told her that I was dreaming and she said, “yeah.” Then I told one of the weird mechanical dolls that and it whipped out its arm at lightning speed and it hit me right in the chest. It was a strong pain and I woke myself up.

I also visited the Colossus too. I'll post that when I get to typing up the recording.

Banned
      Nicely done

Member Achievements:
      DJ Entries

Visit To The Statue Of Zeus At Olympia

Monorail Turning Into A Vortex - Taking Me Back In Time To The Ancient Statue Of Zeus At Olympia (WILD)
      I see this monorail up in the air on these tracks in front of me so float up and board the monorail. As the monorail takes off I notice that I am the only one on board, and that it is completely hollow on the inside. The monorail is quite long and when I look out the back of it where there is no door, I see trees and other landscapes.

When I sense that this is some sort of time machine, I ask to be taken back to see the Statue Of Zeus At Olympia. The tram turns into a giant vortex that begins spinning around me in a clockwise motion while I remain still in the middle of it. The spinning stops and I am standing in front of the Statue Of Zeus At Olympia. It is huge, much bigger than I expected, as it is not only tall, but is also very wide and goes back a long ways. As I look around, there are stones laying around all over the place. I get back into the tram and it takes me back to where I started.

Banned
      Taking a Tram to Ancient Greece sounds cool.

Member Achievements:
      Made lots of Friends on DV Populated Wall Veteran First Class 5000 Hall Points Referrer Bronze Vivid Dream Journal
      LD Count
      México
      DJ Entries
      Hm, another attempt with the egypt thing, I dunno if this counts:

Back to sleep.

FA, go out of bed, RC, normal things, decide this time I will do the task, so many tasks to try and finish, right now the only thing that came to mind was Egypt, teleported there, it was, hot and dusty, ended in the top of the pyramids, it was a nice look, I had no idea which one was the Gyza one, that and boredom made me start to play with the sand, even tough there wasn’t as much as I expected, a sandstorm came, it looked cool, especially the tourists running for their life, I think some entered the pyramid, fun as it was, I got still bored, had no idea what was I supposed to do there, just standing in the top of the pyramid was boring… so started to go down from them, 12 times, one for each side of each pyramid, that was fun, but I still wanted more, so made the sandstorm into a giant tornado which was covering the 3 pyramids and went there to fly around in it, letting the air take me from the lowest part to the highest, woke up before I was at half the goal.

I mean... don't even know which one of these was the correct one and never entered <.<

Member Achievements:
      DJ Entries

Visit To The Hanging Gardens Of Babylon

Large Building With Orange Carpet - Entering A Vortex And Going To The Hanging Gardens Of Babylon (WILD)
      I am inside this large building that looks like the entrance to a ride someplace like Disney World, and I am the only one there. There is this orange carpet on the floor and walls. After floating through the hallways I come to this large open area that has a short fence with a ride on the other side of it that looks like a row of moving vortexes.

I step into one of the vortexes and begin spinning slowly around. After a while the vortex seems to begin spinning much faster, although I am still spinning slowly in the middle of it. The spinning stops and I walk out a bit disappointed as I feel as if nothing happened. As I look in front of me though I see these giant pillars holding up this large stone structure that I perceive to be the Hanging Gardens Of Babylon.

As I walk through the pillars, I am in this giant stone structure that is open but has these long vines covering the roof and sides of the structure. It feels like I am in a jungle or rain forest. As I walk further, there are these beautiful flowers everywhere with the most noticeable being these beautiful orange orchids. There are bright red, purple, and dark blue flowers everywhere. A bit further there is a section with white and yellow daisies, and then a section of roses of all different colors, even orange roses. Another section is covered with these vines with purple flowers on them. There is then a tulip section with all different colored tulips. The building seems to go on forever.

When I come to a large concrete pool that appears to be fed by an underground spring and has vines with flowers growing over it, I sense that I am in the middle of the garden. On the other side of the pool there are once again rows and rows of flowers with the most noticeable being these black orchids. The garden then turns into what looks like a jungle again before exiting on the other side.

Hey, I didn't quite make it to the actual Mausoleum, but I was at a building based on it in a lucid.
      Quote Originally Posted by JET73L's dream journal
      made my intro in a horse cart out the entrance of what looked like the Mausoleum crossed with Rameses’ tomb (only without pharoh statues for pillars). For reference, the entrance was maybe 30 feet above the ground
      It wasn't one of the actual wonders, but it was really close, and until after I woke up I was thinking it was somehow the actual Mausoleum, and not a cross between the two buildings. So it's taking some time, but i'm getting closer!

Current Progress: 0/7
      Goals completed since joining: 10 -- Last goal completed: February 17, 2009
      Uncontrolled lucid dreams:23.5--controlled lucid dreams:24.5
      --WILDs:16.5--MILDs:1.5--DILDs:22--DEILDs:8--Quasilucids(do not count):3--
      --LTotMBasic:0--LTotMAdvanced:1--LTotY:0--
      JET73L's dream journal

DJ Entries
      I'm a bit dishearted by the fact that this task of the year is just another collection of travels. D:
      Abraxas

Quote Originally Posted by OldSparta
      I murdered someone, there was bloody everywhere. On the walls, on my hands. The air smelled metallic, like iron. My mouth... tasted metallic, like iron. The floor was metallic, probably iron

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast