• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Can you describe "dream" pain

Yes I know sometimes you can feel pain from the real world in your dreams much like you can hear things and put it in your dream. BUT: What i mean by pain is the false pain - as if your not really being hurt outside your dream but you just broke an arm and you feel that kind of "dream" soreness... it reminds me of the color orange for some reason.

Post your thoughts or experiences on this =D

hmmm, I've felt this in dreams before
      Its feels like pain, only its not painful
      More like the memory of pain, like when you remember how painful somthing was, and imagine it untill the point of where you can actually almost feel it.
      Or the pain you feel for others when you witness them hurting themselves
      people often say "oooh I felt that"
      Interesting...

I have felt actual, stinging pain in dreams. Usually if I get hit by something like a rock.
      [Insert Witty Sig Here]

WILD's: 1!!!

Banned
      LD Count
      DJ Entries
      A guy from my class, cross dressing once grabbed me by my balls and started squeezing.

That hurt.

Like, vivid pain. But then again not really, it was very much the feeling you get when you're about to be hit, like, adrenaline all over your head, the OMG I GOTTA DO SOMETHING feeling. I woke up after about 1 second into the feeling.
      And it actually hurt afterwards, when I was in my bed, but it went away quite fast.

On another note, that was a really weird dream.

EDIT: Not lucid...
      Last edited by Maeni; 08-21-2008 at 03:43 PM.

It's more like a sting. I noticed that when I affirm to myself that I'm still dreaming and that non of this is real, the pain just fades and causing me to feel better afterward- kinda like a stress reliever.

I've gotten shot twice in the chest, and it felt like a dull ache, like inside me. I could actually feel the arrow grazing my heart and all that, the blood and all. I sorta like it. Makes a dream more real

Banned

I have felt pain on occassion. I've also felt other sensations that kind of lasted a minute into waking up.

Wow, lots of interesting things - and sometimes i feel the stinging to, but i have never had a lucid dream since like 3rd grade and remember a dream like average of 1 every month or longer so i have less stories, but the last dream i remembered i face planted into the cement ground after falling from a fatal height, lost a tooth, had a weird pain but was surprised at how much it didnt hurt in dream - then i figured i had some sort of gift, then i got woken up =( lol

and I liked it... dun dun Balestar's Avatar
      England
      I've felt pain in lucid dreams; getting shot with arrows/stabbed with a knife/slashed with a sword and when I woke up I could still feel it for a while.. very wierd feeling!

Anti-asshole activist -Blakren-'s Avatar
      Earth
      I got shot in the face! It was an aching pain for some reason for me.

"What are you, a gangster? Get in that pool!"-Random DC of mine... don't ask.

Massachusetts, USA
      Describing dream pain is just as futal as describing what we call "Real" pain.

By far, Mothra (in all of it's forms) is the worst kaiju of all time.

Lurker
      To me it feels something like pins and needles without the tinglyness, just the unbearable feeling you get along with it, or muscle spasms/contractions.

Strapped Behind A Happy Face Mask
      Once in a dream i got an electric shocked on the leg with what seemed to be a very high voltage. I woke up straight away and there was an aching pain in my leg, very odd. But i guess it was caused by some sort of muscle spasm when i was asleep .

On a different note however, there was a thread i read a week or so ago about someone who had been having dreams of being tickled. They couldn't wake up but said they felt the full sensation of being tickle whilst in the dream, they said it was like torture... This i find even more strange !!
      DILD = 9
      WILD = 0

'If you are not living on the edge, you are probably taking up too much room!'

Body Clock Experiment...

Quote Originally Posted by Maeni View Post
      A guy from my class, cross dressing once grabbed me by my balls and started squeezing.

That hurt.
      I had the same but then this happend while fighting som1 he got me out of ballance, trowed me on the ground and then he called 2 friends of him to keep me still from moving. Then he grabbed my balls and started squeezing them, he was provoking me while laughing maniacly. When i woke up my balls still hurted like in my dream, they still hurted cos i was squeezing my own balls

IN MY HEAD
      I had a dream where i was attacked by my friends cat and scratched a huge gouge in my arm. It hurt pretty bad for a few seconds and blood shot out everywhere, but i forgot about it quickly and the pain went away. I have also had similar experiences with other feelings as well. I was in a dream one time where i was swimming in the ocean and when i woke up i had a salt water taste in my mouth.
      C:\Documents and Settings\Alex\Desktop\alexgrey.jpg
      The worst mistake you can make is to think you're alive when you're really asleep in lifes waiting room.

LD Count
      GA
      It goes something like "OUCH! Hey that s**t hurt!"

No but seriously, it can be just like real pain in regular dreams. I never feel any pain when Im Lucid though, only when Im in a non-LD.

Banned
      LD Count
      DJ Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by DarkComrade View Post
      I had the same but then this happend while fighting som1 he got me out of ballance, trowed me on the ground and then he called 2 friends of him to keep me still from moving. Then he grabbed my balls and started squeezing them, he was provoking me while laughing maniacly. When i woke up my balls still hurted like in my dream, they still hurted cos i was squeezing my own balls
      Hah.. Haha...

That's why Sleep Paralysis should keep working! >_<'

Well with me, it was just like after-pain, just like it feels after getting hurt IRL.
      I didn't do anything to myself, but I still had the pain for a few 2-5 seconds after I woke up. .

Quote Originally Posted by Reality_is_a_Dream View Post
      Describing dream pain is just as futal as describing what we call "Real" pain.
      Disagree - We can compare dream pain with real pain giving each other somewhat of a sense of how it feels (i.e. Aches, Stings, Sore)

Massachusetts, USA
      But what I call a "Sting", you may call a tickle, and our perception says that we feel the same thing, but the pain I feel may be thousands of times more intense than yours.

By far, Mothra (in all of it's forms) is the worst kaiju of all time.

Quote Originally Posted by Reality_is_a_Dream View Post
      But what I call a "Sting", you may call a tickle, and our perception says that we feel the same thing, but the pain I feel may be thousands of times more intense than yours.
      Eh i guess, but doesnt hurt to try and describe

LD Count
      Tons
      Bay Area, California
      DJ Entries
      Dream pain feels like more of a discomfort to me than a real pain. There is also the fear of the pain, which seems to be there whether I'm lucid or not. Like when the doctor is about to put the needle in your vein to draw blood. You know it is not really going to hurt that much, but you still flinch. It is like the anticipation hurts more than the actual pain.

Then again, I've felt real pain in real life that is so terrible, it is impossible to remember accurately. It is like your mind is not able to hold onto that horrible painful feeling, so you don't form any memories of it.

Banned
      Quote Originally Posted by Robot_Butler View Post
      There is also the fear of the pain, which seems to be there whether I'm lucid or not.
      Ugh, and that is one crappy way to lose lucidity... to panic in such a situation

Banned
      Can't remember the last time I felt pain in dreams. I feel soreness a lot when I'm running, it's actually a dream sign for me.

DJ Entries
      You only feel pain is you stop to focus on it. If there is something more pressing to distract your attention, you won't feel a thing. It's like little kids playing. A kid can hurt himself badly, but if he's having fun at what he's playing, he'll shake it off and jump back in the game. But if his parents make a big deal out of it and draw attention to his injury, he'll start to cry.

The more attention you give something, the more real it becomes. That is true of dreams or real life.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast