• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views

View Poll Results: Did SD-WILD work for you?

Voters
    24. You may not vote on this poll
    • Yes

10 41.67%
    • No

3 12.50%
    • No but i'm still trying

11 45.83%
    • Yes but I don't like it

0 0%
    Multiple Choice Poll.
    Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Like Tree20Likes

Thread: SD-WILD *official*

DJ Entries

SD-WILD *official*

Lucid dreaming from the perspective of an eight year old.

What follows is a interview and tutorial described by my eight year old brother. He has been lucid dreaming for quite a while and he wanted the world to know how he does it. Obviously some of his grammar isn't going to be the best but I don't want to take what he says out of context. If you look at how he phrases things you will realize how great the mind of a child is.

What is in this post is going to blow your minds. Most everything he says is the exact opposite of how the WILD technique is taught. I'm not saying this is going to work for everyone but it certainly works for him. Keep your mind open and realize this is all 100% true. I have asked him multiple times and he is consistent.

What follows is a quick statement about why he was interviewed.
      I just got it [WILDing] and now I’m telling it so other people can get a good life and don’t have a bad day. My dad got really mad and frustrated when he had a bad dream.

INTERVIEW:

Zebrah: How long have you had lucid dreams?
      Chris: Since I was four

Z: What's the longest lucid dream you have ever had.

C: Half an hour

Z: How long are your average lucid dreams.

C: Maybe a minute

Z: How do you lucid dream

C: I always get in a comfortable position. Where my covers are soft. I always just start think of stuff, thoughts and thoughts. Then i just go into the dream.

Z: do you not move when you do this?
      C: Kind of, because the more you move the more you don’t get in a good position.

Z: Do you go straight into a lucid dream or do you have normal dreams first.
      C: I usually have a lucid first.

Z: Are you instantly aware that your dreaming?

C: Not really, Always get to feel relaxed in your dream. Cool down your muscles.

Z: How long does this take?
      C: About half an hour. I kinda move a little, and I always itch before i get into it. When i itch on it it, it gives you more dreaming. Your mind tries to get you out of there so you have to itch before you do it. You got to itch itch itch itch.

Z: do you do this at the beginning of the night?
      C: Yeah

Z: Most of what your saying about how to WILD is the polar opposite of what is taught.
      C all I’m doing is just getting into a good position and waiting to have a dream. What their doing is getting out of the good position by waking up in the night.

Z: What does it feel like when you WILD? Do you go into sleep paralysis?
      C: Well, my eyes are kinda twitchy some times smooth kind of like a projector projecting your dream from my eyes. Like they are little projectors. I make it way easier, I don’t enter sleep paralysis, what happens if your in a dream you need to wait. When you get into a very comfortable position and you dream when you wake up your in sleep paralysis.

TUTORIAL:

Smooth Dreaming.
      SD-WILD

Step 1: Get into a comfortable position.
      Step 2: Take off all this itches, by itching them but not so hard or it stings.
      Step 3: Start sleeping. [Start waiting]
      Step 4: Start entering the dream.
      Step 5: I cool down my muscles, keep them relaxed feel like your the bed. Like your a blanket as soft as you can be. Don’t sweat, don’t feel scared.
      Step 6: start dreaming.

[Zebrah] Yeah it's fairly simple but there it is. He does this before bed and told me once that he has lucid dreams anywhere form twice a week to over once a night, it all depends. I'm going to give this a go for every night for at least two weeks. If it works, then great and I will keep using it. If it doesn't work I will realize it's not for me. I'll post my results soon. Below are his tips on dream control they seem very interesting and work for him. Ps he doesn't keep a DJ and he remembers almost all of his Lucid Dreams.

TIP: don’t get what you want if you don’t know what it looks like, don’t make it. Your brain is trying to hard to make something. Use effects to make stuff. Just think think think. I make an explosion and poof there it is.

REALITY CHECK:

Smooth Dreaming.
      SD-WILD
      [Not his exact words but this is it] When you dream it's night time. So if you think your dreaming ask yourself if you woke up this morning yet.

RESULTS:

Chris really wants people to be able to lucid dream and would appreciate any feed back. If you have some luck with this technique please post back. He says he will answer questions if you have any. He really wants people to be able to be happy and I would appreciate it also if some of you could give this a go.

Here is one of the dreams he told me that he seems really fond of (hes
      drawing a picture of it right now lol)

"I had a dream about a fox strapping me to a tree and I was trying to close my eyes and open them but I could actually feel them opening but it wasn’t turning black. I stayed in the dream."

Thanks for reading.
      ~Zebrah
      Last edited by zebrah; 05-07-2010 at 07:08 PM. Reason: fixed step 3

Flailing chicken barnacle Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal Made lots of Friends on DV Populated Wall Tagger First Class 1000 Hall Points Veteran First Class
      LD Count
      Earth
      DJ Entries
      I'll try this.....
      If an eight-year-old can do it, it may be the easiest way.
      Let's see.
      zebrah likes this.
      Alex is greatest. He <i>is</i> the Master Flan.

DJ Entries
      Indeed, indeed. (lol) The mind of a child so much much less impacted by social conditioning. Many children have a much stronger connection to their dreams. They haven't had the life crushed out of them by the strange world we live in. I know if I have children I'm going to teach them about lucid dreaming in hopes to make lucid dreaming a well known part of life as it should be. I know my brothers dreams are very vivid and when he has a nightmare he is very bothered by it. I find it interesting how easy it is for him to Lucid dream. I struggle so much with WILDing so I hope this works for me.

I think the world may finally be starting to accept lucid dreaming. I see more and more references to it in the media and I hope it will become more popular because as my brother says "I want the world to be happy"

Member Achievements:
      Made Friends on DV 1000 Hall Points Veteran First Class
      LD Count
      Woah...I need to try the scratching thing. That's awesome!

DJ Entries
      I know if this works wilding is actualy going to be comfortable. That's something he emphisized a lot was being comfortable so keep that in mind.

DJ Entries
      I love kids.

MY Achievements:
      Referrer Bronze Created Dream Journal Made lots of Friends on DV Tagger Second Class 1000 Hall Points Veteran First Class
      LD Count
      5000+
      US
      DJ Entries
      This is great! Tell Chris thanks for sharing. He deserves a cookie
      -CV
      Having Trouble With Dream Control and Clarity? Reflex Stabilization Technique

Unwilling, Improper EspadaInMyCloset's Avatar
      LD Count
      Quote Originally Posted by ClearView View Post
      -CV
      And a Master's Degree.

If only there was one for 'Theory of WILDing'....

Go insane for me, I'm that selfish you see
      We're a wicked rhyme, a line followed
      By the darkest picture, making everyone cry

DJ Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by ClearView View Post
      -CV
      he says "send me the cookie"

I hope you all try this tonight and we can get some feedback. I know I'm trying

MY Achievements:
      Referrer Bronze Created Dream Journal Made lots of Friends on DV Tagger Second Class 1000 Hall Points Veteran First Class
      LD Count
      5000+
      US
      DJ Entries
      I am trying this tonight, as well as various other techniques. I am a multi-techniquer.
      -CV
      Having Trouble With Dream Control and Clarity? Reflex Stabilization Technique

DJ Entries
      nice cv. Don't you love what he named it lol. My other brother says it sounds sexy. Another thread was posted by a new member about the same time I posted this one and he did the same thing last night. Maybe this will be the next big technique!?!

wouldnt i being doing a DELD at step 3?

DJ Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by DreamingDragon View Post
      wouldnt i being doing a DELD at step 3?
      First of it is DEILD and, nope DEILD means dream exit induced lucid dream. That is when you train yourself to wake up after dreams and not to move. After not moving you quickly go back into a dream. This tutorial is for WILDing before bed. That's why Chris called it the smooth dream WILD because there is no need for freezing and dealing with itches, and waking up in the night

EDIT: and by start sleeping he means start waiting.

DJ Entries
      I actually did something similar to this last night as well by just going to my little fantasy universe until finally entering a dream...though it takes me about 2 hours to get into a dream this way. The techniue has only worked on a few rare occasions. There was something in the air last night...so many people got lucid...

TRANSCENDENTAL PERCEPTION MidniteHazard's Avatar
      LD Count
      i will make sure to try this when i can . the mind of a child is so powerful

welcome to the new forums.
      adapt or die!
      ADAPT OR DIIIEEEE!!!!!

Central Florida
      I will be honest and maybe the first one to say but I have no clue what the instructions mean. I am lost. Mind you, I am mildly retarded (not literally)
      It's a mad world.

LD [2]
      Goals: Find DG [ ]
      Fly[x]
      Formerly known as: MadWorld

http://bit.ly/GoToCME Clyde Machine's Avatar
      LD Count
      Above 31.
      Midland, Michigan
      DJ Entries
      An interesting interview.
      DV Dictionary. / Verious: a definition. /

I'm not on DV much these days, but I'll try to toss a cool dream or two into my DJ.

DJ Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by MadWorld View Post
      I will be honest and maybe the first one to say but I have no clue what the instructions mean. I am lost. Mind you, I am mildly retarded (not literally)
      I think I'm going to write a version with my own words to help people who don't understand lol. Right now I need to get ready for bed :p

basicly get ready for bed, get comfortable, if you need to stratch yourself just do it don't agonize over it. Relax your body don't be stiff. Start to enter the dream. Once you are dreaming relax your dream body (stabalization) then being your dream. Don't strain your subconsious by trying to replicat things you don't fully know. If you are changing the dream scene create an explosion or smoke screen to allow your brain to assemble the new scene it expects to see.

ALSO: I'm going to interview him about his DEILD technique soon. Good luck tonight everyone
      Last edited by zebrah; 05-07-2010 at 06:00 AM.

LD Count
      20-30
      California
      DJ Entries
      Sounds good.

Member Achievements:
      Made Friends on DV 1000 Hall Points Veteran First Class
      LD Count
      Quote Originally Posted by Zebrah View Post
      First of it is DEILD and, nope DEILD means dream exit induced lucid dream. That is when you train yourself to wake up after dreams and not to move. After not moving you quickly go back into a dream. This tutorial is for WILDing before bed. That's why Chris called it the smooth dream WILD because there is no need for freezing and dealing with itches, and waking up in the night

EDIT: and by start sleeping he means start waiting.
      Oooh...I'll try the right way today. :thumbs:

DJ Entries
      I sort of doubt this is going to work for anyone. There's a reason why WBTB is so effective and why we do a lot of these things that would seem so silly to a child that doesn't understand. REM cycle when you go to sleep at night is very short too, so any lucids will likely be short lived. You need to sleep for a few hours first at least . I think when you're 8 a lot of things are more simple. This thread just makes me want to be 8 again...though I never had lucid dreams till I was 18.

DJ Entries
      yeah idk about it working. I did get really close to a WILD though. the real question is does this work well in the afternoon or after sleeping for a while. because a WILD would be much more comfortable then.

DJ Entries
      ^ I used to do something similar everyday while napping and get lucid for hours...I called them "Unintentional WILDs"...because I would just lay down to take a nap without thinking about WILDing or getting lucid, andI would alwyss become conscious duringthe vibrational stage or onceI entered a dream. In fact, all my luciddreamsused to benap induced in thisway.

Oh andone element which I think helped me have unintentional WILDs during naps is the use of a stimulant like ephedra or caffeine before attempting to nap. I woouldstill be ableto fall asleep butwouldremain at a very light level of sleep.

*bangs on keybord*

DJ Entries
      oh that's interesting.. I got very close to a WILD, closer then I ever have before going to bed. I think there is a possibility of this working at anytime durring the day. Sure doing it before bed might produce less long lucid dreams but combining that with DEILD could work really well.

Central Florida
      So it's basically a WILD before bed?
      It's a mad world.

LD [2]
      Goals: Find DG [ ]
      Fly[x]
      Formerly known as: MadWorld

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast