• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Hard time for dreamers?

Fl

Hard time for dreamers?

Was watching the movie Waking Life, (great informational movie btw), and in one scene a man hops from a train and asks the main character if he is a dreamer. He answers yes. The man goes on to explain that it's a hard time for dreamers.

I feel like I've been struggling lately with my dreaming even though I've been trying pretty hard.

Why would it be a hard time for dreamers? Is anyone else encountering problems recently? What are your thoughts?

used to be Guerilla
      LD Count
      Arizona
      Wow that's kind of creepy in a way, because I have been having a lot of trouble remembering dreams, and having good ones are rarer in the past few months or so. Perhaps the world is just, in a dark age?
      I would rather die on my feet then to live on my knees.

愚かなロボット~StarMan* Achievements:
      Made lots of Friends on DV Veteran First Class 5000 Hall Points
      LD Count
      Mushin.
      England
      Quote Originally Posted by ragincajun2288 View Post
      Was watching the movie Waking Life, (great informational movie btw), and in one scene a man hops from a train and asks the main character if he is a dreamer. He answers yes. The man goes on to explain that it's a hard time for dreamers.

I feel like I've been struggling lately with my dreaming even though I've been trying pretty hard.

Why would it be a hard time for dreamers? Is anyone else encountering problems recently? What are your thoughts?
      It could be talking about how humans are being conditioned for logic rather then creativity and the dreamers or the creative ones are finding it hard to survive without becoming rooted in logic and losing there dreaming ability to dead end jobs and credit cards.

We are the gifted of the future many kids come here from last time. ~ Indigo Ghost
      I like the breeze in dreams flowing into my head. ~ Indgo Ghost
      There is no life, there is simply ideas, and with idea's things happen. ~ Indgo Ghost
      Meditation Since 04/Jun/2010 {I had some enlightenment.} Goal: Have a slice of the real loaf [ ]

LD Count
      Austin,Texas
      I've been having trouble too. Haven't LD'd in a while and while I'm remembering at least one dream a night they are all mostly dull and boring or stupid in a boring way. Such as having an acquaintance I don't like that much climbing into my bedroom window barefoot demanding lotion. Odd yes. Interesting? Not really.
      For in Dreams we enter a world that is entirely our own.

Florida
      Quote Originally Posted by IndigoGhost View Post
      It could be talking about how humans are being conditioned for logic rather then creativity and the dreamers or the creative ones are finding it hard to survive without becoming rooted in logic and losing there dreaming ability to dead end jobs and credit cards.
      Well put, I feel like it may have been referring to how closed minded society is on the whole subject. A lot of people seem to just go about their daily lives without ever even contemplating the power of their own mind. Most people just accept reality as it appears through their eyes, so they automatically think its absurd when someone brings up the idea of being able to use their brain power to such an extent of being able to LD or AP. It's the creative ones that always seem to understand, or at least be interested in the whole concept of it.

LD Count
      Austin,Texas
      Quote Originally Posted by DjSuspense View Post
      Well put, I feel like it may have been referring to how closed minded society is on the whole subject. A lot of people seem to just go about their daily lives without ever even contemplating the power of their own mind. Most people just accept reality as it appears through their eyes, so they automatically think its absurd when someone brings up the idea of being able to use their brain power to such an extent of being able to LD or AP. It's the creative ones that always seem to understand, or at least be interested in the whole concept of it.
      This is so depressing to me but sadly for the most part you are right. And I've been guilty of it in the past myself. Losing my creative deamy side because society was starting to drill into my head that it accomplishes nothing to dream and that lucid dreaming is a waste of time. And here I've been wondering why I've felt so beige lately.
      For in Dreams we enter a world that is entirely our own.

愚かなロボット~StarMan* Achievements:
      Made lots of Friends on DV Veteran First Class 5000 Hall Points
      LD Count
      Mushin.
      England
      Quote Originally Posted by Malika View Post
      This is so depressing to me but sadly for the most part you are right. And I've been guilty of it in the past myself. Losing my creative deamy side because society was starting to drill into my head that it accomplishes nothing to dream and that lucid dreaming is a waste of time. And here I've been wondering why I've felt so beige lately.
      That's why you have to do like me and use your creative secrets to make enough money so that you don't have to worry anymore and can spend your time on the magic of life.

We are the gifted of the future many kids come here from last time. ~ Indigo Ghost
      I like the breeze in dreams flowing into my head. ~ Indgo Ghost
      There is no life, there is simply ideas, and with idea's things happen. ~ Indgo Ghost
      Meditation Since 04/Jun/2010 {I had some enlightenment.} Goal: Have a slice of the real loaf [ ]

this may sound weird, but my LD isnt off track at all, but recently the dreams have been very different, weird. more unexplainable than usal, but dreams are usally pretty crazy.

Fl

Hmm

I definitely agree about society. But for the most part, people who dream like us are different. So why are we being affected as well? I think we are in some type of dark age, or maybe we just need the alignment of another planet. I'm not sure. I just know it used to be a natural thing for me and now I have to practice and struggle a lot, the fact I'm not alone in this says something.

Or maybe the guy on the movie was right. Dreaming is dead because nobody teaches it anymore.

LD Count
      im having trouble, I only lucid about once every 2 weeks, and i cant fly.

Fl
      This morning I had a nightmare that there is a demon is who suppressing our consciousnesses and trying to invade the dream world. Coincidence?

LD Count
      wait, if 1 person is having trouble, then why are we, it seems like we are connected somehow.
      I was just thinking what if there is one point in our life that all dreamers will be called and we would have to, say fight this dark age, and bring back dreaming to the world.

LD Count
      DJ Entries
      mabe you should calm down a little.
      remember, dreams reflect your waking life, so if you are having a period where your life seems boring and repetitive, your dreams will certainly not be unbelievable. I think you get nightmares if you think about scary things or if you get indigestion.
      when i have a lucid dream the first thing I will do isorder a pizza.

PIZZA
      pizza is sacred.

LD Count
      ok

Fl
      I think you get nightmares if you think about scary things or if you get indigestion.
      lol

on another note, sackboy your actually right, the dark age is now. Nobody teaches dreaming any more and people are sleeping through their dream life and their waking life! It's up to us to push them into a higher consciousness. And yes, I believe we're all definitely connected.

Member Achievements:
      Referrer Bronze 1000 Hall Points Veteran First Class
      LD Count
      Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
      I think maybe you're all in a slump because you're getting yourself worked up over it. Your dreams reflect your state of mind, if you expect that your in a dark age and that your dreams will suck well then your dreams are probably going to suck! I disagree with us being in a "dark age" of dreaming. More and more people everyday learn about lucid dreaming and take an interest in it. And there are some that have no interest in it, everybody has their own beliefs and ideas towards things like dreaming, lucid dreaming is not for everybody and it should be up to no one to force it on others.
      Abra likes this.
      Sleeping Like Superman: Extraordinary stories of sleep and dreaming
      Currently working on a nonfiction popular science book on sleep and dreaming. I am a sleep researcher in the dep of medical neuroscience at Dalhousie University, writer, and clinical research coordinator for phase II-IV drug trials.

https://twitter.com/KevJbradley

Logic And Creativity

Quote Originally Posted by thomulf View Post
      mabe you should calm down a little.
      remember, dreams reflect your waking life, so if you are having a period where your life seems boring and repetitive, your dreams will certainly not be unbelievable. I think you get nightmares if you think about scary things or if you get indigestion.
      Quote Originally Posted by IndigoGhost View Post
      Hmmmm... I'm a little skeptical about that, creativity and logic often overlap. For example engineers have to think of creative ways to solve problems that would logically work. It's a myth that creativity and logic can't live a peaceful existence together.

Fl
      More and more people everyday learn about lucid dreaming and take an interest in it.
      Yes, that's why almost everyone on this forum is relegated to it, because they know so many people that are interested in it in real life. Get out of here man, how many times have you seen kids on here post they don't know anybody at all that does this stuff. I myself know one person. One. And I know a lot of people.

Member Achievements:
      Referrer Bronze 1000 Hall Points Veteran First Class
      LD Count
      Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
      Well there's not too many people that know about it now, I never said there was. I just said that more people are learning about it everyday. And I actually know like ten people, mostly all unrelated to each other (different circles of friends) that want to or that already do lucid dream. I agree though, the word does need to be spread about lucid dreaming. I just had my first and.. People are missing out XD

How do you suggest we spread the word? That's the big problem, and people like Stephen LaBerge have been trying to do it for decades.
      Sleeping Like Superman: Extraordinary stories of sleep and dreaming
      Currently working on a nonfiction popular science book on sleep and dreaming. I am a sleep researcher in the dep of medical neuroscience at Dalhousie University, writer, and clinical research coordinator for phase II-IV drug trials.

https://twitter.com/KevJbradley

Fl
      Use the media I guess. It's the only way we can. Problem is most people now of days would rather tune out and watch reality TV.

DJ Entries
      So, uh, just wondering, but what conditions of society do you propose would positively influence the dreaming environment, ragincajun?

Also, regarding logic shoved down our throats: I'd argue the exact opposite. We're having lies shoved down our throats. The corrupt (moneymakers, some politicians, the religious and paranormal) would love for us to blindly accept their fiction. Unless you were talking about math-logic or science-logic dulling us. In the case of the latter, let me know, 'cause I've got a couple good points to loose on that.
      Abraxas

Quote Originally Posted by OldSparta
      I murdered someone, there was bloody everywhere. On the walls, on my hands. The air smelled metallic, like iron. My mouth... tasted metallic, like iron. The floor was metallic, probably iron

Wololo Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal Tagger Second Class 1000 Hall Points Made lots of Friends on DV Populated Wall Referrer Bronze Veteran First Class
      LD Count
      Spiral out, keep going.
      DJ Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by Halfbaker View Post
      Hmmmm... I'm a little skeptical about that, creativity and logic often overlap. For example engineers have to think of creative ways to solve problems that would logically work. It's a myth that creativity and logic can't live a peaceful existence together.
      That's not exactly what he was talking about...

Interestingly enough, I've been having very bad dream recall lately. My current dry spell is undoubtedly due to the break I've taken from LDing for finals week and then the 3 weeks I spent in Spain, but my recall is shit and what I do remember every morning leads me to believe I've been missing out on some awesome dreams lately. Hopefully I can get back into it quickly. I honestly think my drinking green tea before bed had something to do with it, placebo or not, because stopping that and stopping remembering my dreams came one right after the other.

Member Achievements:
      Vivid Dream Journal Referrer Bronze 5000 Hall Points Veteran First Class
      DJ Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by ragincajun2288 View Post
      This morning I had a nightmare that there is a demon is who suppressing our consciousnesses and trying to invade the dream world. Coincidence?
      I had a dream like that not too long ago, it was fuzzy, but I saw a giant demon feeding off dream energy.

Just thought I would put that out there.

Fl
      So, uh, just wondering, but what conditions of society do you propose would positively influence the dreaming environment, ragincajun?
      Less emphasis on the de-individualizing and suppression of creativity corporations and government pursue. More research on dreams and lucid dreaming published for public viewing. More research into dreaming period, we're still unsure the exact reason we dream or what they mean, if anything.

I had a dream like that not too long ago, it was fuzzy, but I saw a giant demon feeding off dream energy.
      I've come to the conclusion, despite the dubious looks of skeptics, that there is some kind of entity that is attempting to suppress the consciousness of people on earth. Dreaming, especially lucid dreaming, let's you explore you consciousness and have moments of clarity about reality. Perhaps this entity is the biblical Satan, I don't claim to know.

Dream Warrior Achievements:
      Tagger First Class Made lots of Friends on DV Veteran First Class Huge Dream Journal Referrer Silver 10000 Hall Points

Where the furry things rule
      DJ Entries
      A lot of people I know are having problems with their dreams. My WILD's aren't nearly as reliable as they used to be, I've been having more CRS (can't remember shit) nights than I've had in a long time... Some other people who have had consistent lucids in the past (WakingNomad, Man of Shred) have also encountered difficulties... It might not be everyone having problems, but there are quite a few.

And I agree that logic and creativity can coexist, but when things move too far to the logical side it is easy to lose the ability to believe in things that can't necessarily be explained by logic alone.
      "Anything you can imagine is real." - Pablo Picasso.
      "Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake." - Henry David Thoreau

Tasks of the Year Completed: China (Asia)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast