• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views




    Results 1 to 13 of 13
    Like Tree3Likes
    • 2 Post By Alric
    • 1 Post By SaMaster14

    Thread: The controversial topic of "Sleep Paralysis"

    1. #1
      Member Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal Veteran Second Class

      Join Date
      Jul 2013
      LD Count
      40
      Posts
      114
      Likes
      54
      DJ Entries
      1

      The controversial topic of "Sleep Paralysis"

      Now, before people start disregarding anything that opposes their current immaculate outlook on dreaming, I'd like you to temporarily disregard that point of view. Just for a chance to comprehend something other than your own conclusion about what sleep paralysis really is.
      If you strip down any person's internally ambitious and equally emotional perspective, what you're left with is everything they've heard externally. Considering that every person concludes their beliefs on a foundation of credible sources, the quality and quantity of these sources are equally significant. Throughout history, every religion (coming initially: from a much more extensive foundation of what dreaming is truly about) has formed theories much like your own about what sleep paralysis genuinely is. I know that if you're reading this you might think you know everything about it, and how it's "just your mind" and your's alone, but that entire ideology only bounds your awareness by the extent to which you believe it, your mind is only a fraction of the entire world, which does exist outside of your own perspective. Considering our collective existence, it's easy to see how much clearer a collective perspective is when contrasted with individual views. So please, keep an open mind before discrediting a theory much vaster and older than yours or mine could possibly be. I'd like to catalyze this controversy and bring attention to it, because saying it's just material/mental is just one way to push aside the deeper explanation.


      *Video with prohibited links to commercial products for sale removed*
      Last edited by spellbee2; 06-17-2015 at 06:37 PM. Reason: Removed video with spam links

    2. #2
      D.V. Editor-in-Chief Original Poster's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 2006
      LD Count
      Lucid Now
      Gender
      Location
      3D
      Posts
      8,263
      Likes
      4135
      DJ Entries
      11
      Can you provide a synopsis what the videos are claiming sleep paralysis is?

      Everything works out in the end, sometimes even badly.


    3. #3
      Member
      Join Date
      Feb 2004
      Posts
      5,165
      Likes
      709
      Apparently he thinks the stuff people see are shape shifting demons and they are trying to possess you and you need to call on Jesus to banish them back to hell. He also thinks that taking psychedelic drugs allows your mind to travel to other dimensions.

      Basically this video isn't watching and the guy is nuts.

      I did actually watch most of the video, and he doesn't really give any compelling reasons to believe this nonsense. Sleep paralysis is well explained from a scientific point of view, so there is little sense in coming up with outlandish theories on it just to fit into crazy religious beliefs. Even if you are a religious person, most religions don't claim that you enter other dimensions with you dream. He tries to link it to Jesus but that most definitely isn't a Christian belief. I never heard the church say that when you sleep you travel to the demon world where evil demons try to possess you.

      So it doesn't make sense in reality, it doesn't make sense with science, and it doesn't even make sense in the context of religion.

    4. #4
      Member Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal Veteran Second Class

      Join Date
      Jul 2013
      LD Count
      40
      Posts
      114
      Likes
      54
      DJ Entries
      1
      Quote Originally Posted by Alric View Post
      Apparently he thinks the stuff people see are shape shifting demons and they are trying to possess you and you need to call on Jesus to banish them back to hell. He also thinks that taking psychedelic drugs allows your mind to travel to other dimensions.

      Basically this video isn't watching and the guy is nuts.

      I did actually watch most of the video, and he doesn't really give any compelling reasons to believe this nonsense. Sleep paralysis is well explained from a scientific point of view, so there is little sense in coming up with outlandish theories on it just to fit into crazy religious beliefs. Even if you are a religious person, most religions don't claim that you enter other dimensions with you dream. He tries to link it to Jesus but that most definitely isn't a Christian belief. I never heard the church say that when you sleep you travel to the demon world where evil demons try to possess you.

      So it doesn't make sense in reality, it doesn't make sense with science, and it doesn't even make sense in the context of religion.
      First of all, that's not even close to the core idea summarized in this video. The author simply explained significant points to prove an argument about the truth of these experiences. The synopsis of this entire idea is that, when you are forgetting (dreaming/sleeping) you're not aware of anything except the thoughts that you are projecting. Thoughts and idea's cloud your mind and eventually compress into an emotional message, a code if you will. This code is then interpreted by your conscious mind and projects a movie type "reality". If you stop thinking, (lucid void) you will see everything that's still there after you stop projecting. In other terms: when you wake up, while you are dreaming (lucid dreaming) you will notice that you can control certain aspects of your dream, such as setting, certain characters, and time. Although you have this control, you will eventually start to notice that there are some dream characters that are completely individual to you, they do what they like regardless of your intentions, and 9/10 times cause/attempt to create nightmares/fear. Similarly, when you become lucid while not asleep, while awake, you start to see entities, feel them and experience the fear they project. Importantly, this idea leads to one of two conclusions,of fear and misunderstanding (denial, cowardice, voluntary non-sense, and ignorance), or of understanding (awareness, contemplation, acceptance, and sense). The first results in the ignorance of the incredibly obvious commonalities and parallel implications of ALL theoretical philosophies, including science, mathematics, religion, and every other theory there is. This choice to fear coming to terms with the true reality of things, creates a barrier in your mind, dividing the conscious from the much vaster subconscious and causing you to not have to deal with the totality of actual facts. Modern science, regarding dreaming and sleep paralysis is half truths, misinterpretations of experiments and inexperienced yet speculatively conclusive agendas which don't serve your intellect any more than your own imagination. Concluding that nightmares, lucid dream entities and sleep paralysis is "simply" fear, implies that you are too scared to face what is behind those fears, the causes and the reality of their existence outside of your mind.

      Pretending that it's all in your head, pretending that it's simply your brain not working properly implies that you are too scared to find out what's really going on. The childish fallacy denouncing events such as sleep paralysis entirely ignores the commonalities between everyone's impossibly similar experiences, 3,000,000 (reported) people per year see the same events, same characters, and same evil entities. Which signifies that despite our wildly diverse dreams, we seem to have the same nightmares. What this, and many, many other articles and documentaries about sleep paralysis explain is the second conclusion. This ideology factors in every theory and pieces together every perspective on this situation throughout our history as a human race. What the sum of the people in history that as a majority agree upon is the idea that nightmares, sleep paralysis and demonic attacks are all identical in cause. Entirely external to your conscious mind, until you are aware of it's frequency. The humorous take on all of this is the fact that throughout the past tens of thousands of years different perspectives "theorized" the same ideas, and only in the past 100 years, when we were the first people in human history to use antibiotics have scientists denounced these infinitely important sources of ancient wisdom, who from various perspectives warned in the same understanding. Ironically, many people today, confused by the modern 100 year spree of B.S. spread by delusional psychopaths with the hope to cause people like you (for example) to believe that religion is "nonsense" meanwhile believing in science, half of which is complete nonsense and 3/4 of which you couldn't prove why. Here's what you missed, 100% of the economic power in the world is owned by 1 religion, which happens to be Zionist. They have succeeded to unprecedented proportions, even reaching you. Considering the actual evidence that the top 1% of powerful economists are a monopoly this tyranny is never directly exposed, meanwhile openly admitting it in an indirect manner because people are too busy trying to disprove the very religion that morphed the cult of science into what it is today

      True wisdom is using intellect to connect and contrast ideologies, even ones that contend, to figure out what caused both interpretations. Saying that religion is complete nonsense because this one video doesn't prove to you as an individual enough to believe it, you are not considering the potential of entertaining the whole idea of religion, and comparing it to ideas such as science. If you're ignorant to an entire idea, and your reasoning is that it's just "nonsense", then you're just exposing the fact that you can't disprove it with logical facts. Ironically, despite your disagreement of the reality of religion, the bible actually tells a story of electricity, (UV energy/light). It is written in metaphorical terms of mathematics, geometry and science predating and explaining more than anything exactly that science has failed to show by itself. However, those who judge religion as something other than science or mathematics will fail to see their identical correspondence. In the same way you will not realize that movies, and daily events in life are always implying the same story. And even more similarly, you would not notice the difference between being lucid or asleep, in waking and sleeping consciousness. Artists use creativity and imagination to present truth through fiction, while politicians present fiction through truth. So until you realize the paralleling nature within the big picture of the entirety of theories regarding physical and supernatural events, you will never see past the limited scope of your beliefs. If you truly think the paranormal isn't "real" maybe you should ask someone who's done a Ouija board, or someone who's done a powerful psychedelic with a shaman. All of this stuff is real, and the ignorance and skepticism regarding scary theories is simply fear, just like the psychological explanation of sleep paralysis. Except this "fear" does MUCH more than cause hallucinations. It opens doors, tunes you into frequencies in which entities that equate to that fear influence your life.
      You might be too scared to entertain the possibility of this idea, but when you truly do, it will be much scarier than you could have ever imagined, especially if you ignorantly allow paranormal influences into your life excusing them as psychological symptoms of our physical bodies. I'm just saying, your "truth of reality" is based on less than 100 years of manipulated research and political/economic/anti-religious influence. Meanwhile the collective understanding of sleep paralysis is thousands of years old, just forgotten by the same means as you forget you are dreaming, and as you forget your dreams. Remember the history, and you will remember to be lucid, and eventually you will be lucid in waking life, then you can truly see what's going on behind the veil.

      In science this event is often described as alien abduction, yet religion explains that "aliens" are ancient demons.

      If you believe something isn't real, without finding out initially, then you are scared to find out. That is fear.
      If you don't believe or disbelieve until experiencing something, then you will inevitably find out, and will have the chance to be above something that could have potentially scared you, had you not known you were more powerful.

      Now, here's some of the most significant scientificly inclined influences in our history.

      "The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination."
      -Albert Einstein

      All of the most influential scientists believed in one god or another, the true god, or the masonic: Chronos. Love or Fear. All of your scientific validity balances upon two opposing religions, how incredibly ironic.



      Last edited by blizzardesigns; 06-21-2015 at 05:02 AM.

    5. #5
      Member Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal Veteran Second Class

      Join Date
      Jul 2013
      LD Count
      40
      Posts
      114
      Likes
      54
      DJ Entries
      1
      Quote Originally Posted by Original Poster View Post
      Can you provide a synopsis what the videos are claiming sleep paralysis is?
      Sleep paralysis is a final attack from your most influential entities to scare you away from becoming lucid while awake. Basically when you do something bad, the guilt creates a fear, the fear tunes into a specific entity which influences you to the extent of your guilt, and controls portions of your life. When you wake up in a dream you'll see these entities, but when you wake up in real life you see them without waking up, and they try to prevent you from closing your connection to them (done by not being scared of them) by scaring you until you submit and stop trying to be lucid in the waking world. So in metaphysical terms, sleep paralysis is a direct projection of fear through the doors people have opened themselves to. (doors = nostalgic imprints/experiences).

    6. #6
      Member
      Join Date
      Feb 2004
      Posts
      5,165
      Likes
      709
      First off, people don't see common things, they see all sort of random things. Then even when some people do see common things, it is usually stuff people talk about. Alien abductions is a thing people talk about, so some people see those. Why do you think some people see these 'demons' as stereotypical representation of things in the media? It isn't too likely that an actual alien would look like a little grey man, but people see that because it is a popular image in media. Religious people tend to seem religious symbols like demons or angels. That seems to suggest that people are just seeing the sort of things they would expect to seem, and that it changes from person to person suggest they are not really connected other than we all live in a culture with some shared images.

      As for your brain not working, that isn't true. Your brain is working, dreams are a natural thing every experiences. It seems far more likely that a slight miscommunication caused an entirely normal thing(dreaming) to happen after you wake, than to think your mind is drifting off into alternate dimensions. It usually only takes a few seconds and then the body fixes it self, so a minor error seems normal for an imperfect world where we have imperfect bodies. There is nothing to suggest minds can travel dimensions though. That isn't normal.

      Also, sleep paralysis doesn't harm people. When you say demons are attacking people, what exactly is that supposed to mean? If a person has a habit of suffering through multiple sleep paralysis, does that mean the demon is attacking them over and over again? What exactly is the demons goal here? They just randomly trying to scare you? That seems like a rather odd goal for a demonic creature.

      Also, I always found the idea that you can learn the 'truth' of the world through drugs to be a bit silly. There is no doubt that taking the drugs makes you believe you have found some deeper truth to the universe, but that is the effect of the drug. The drug is supposed to mess with your mind, especially stuff that makes you hallucinate. Even if you really could see demons while high on psychedelic drug, how would you possibly know a real one from a fake one? Everything you see and do while high on mind altering drugs is going to be suspect, because the drug messes with your sense of reality and makes you unable to tell what is real and fake. That is the purpose of the drug, it is what it is supposed to do.

      It also seems silly to think ancient men high on psychedelic drugs have some secret understanding of the universe. It seems far more likely they just saw weird stuff, and not knowing anything about the brain and it's interaction with drugs, made up crazy stories to explain it. Seems like an entirely reasonable conclusion to me. You believe in animal spirits, you take some drugs and start tripping and a dog talks to you, and you think it is a dog spirit, or your god telling you something. Or maybe you were just seeing stuff because you were on drugs.
      Sageous and Zoth like this.

    7. #7
      Member Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal Veteran Second Class

      Join Date
      Jul 2013
      LD Count
      40
      Posts
      114
      Likes
      54
      DJ Entries
      1
      Quote Originally Posted by Alric View Post
      First off, people don't see common things, they see all sort of random things. Then even when some people do see common things, it is usually stuff people talk about. Alien abductions is a thing people talk about, so some people see those. Why do you think some people see these 'demons' as stereotypical representation of things in the media? It isn't too likely that an actual alien would look like a little grey man, but people see that because it is a popular image in media. Religious people tend to seem religious symbols like demons or angels. That seems to suggest that people are just seeing the sort of things they would expect to seem, and that it changes from person to person suggest they are not really connected other than we all live in a culture with some shared images.

      As for your brain not working, that isn't true. Your brain is working, dreams are a natural thing every experiences. It seems far more likely that a slight miscommunication caused an entirely normal thing(dreaming) to happen after you wake, than to think your mind is drifting off into alternate dimensions. It usually only takes a few seconds and then the body fixes it self, so a minor error seems normal for an imperfect world where we have imperfect bodies. There is nothing to suggest minds can travel dimensions though. That isn't normal.

      Also, sleep paralysis doesn't harm people. When you say demons are attacking people, what exactly is that supposed to mean? If a person has a habit of suffering through multiple sleep paralysis, does that mean the demon is attacking them over and over again? What exactly is the demons goal here? They just randomly trying to scare you? That seems like a rather odd goal for a demonic creature.

      Also, I always found the idea that you can learn the 'truth' of the world through drugs to be a bit silly. There is no doubt that taking the drugs makes you believe you have found some deeper truth to the universe, but that is the effect of the drug. The drug is supposed to mess with your mind, especially stuff that makes you hallucinate. Even if you really could see demons while high on psychedelic drug, how would you possibly know a real one from a fake one? Everything you see and do while high on mind altering drugs is going to be suspect, because the drug messes with your sense of reality and makes you unable to tell what is real and fake. That is the purpose of the drug, it is what it is supposed to do.

      It also seems silly to think ancient men high on psychedelic drugs have some secret understanding of the universe. It seems far more likely they just saw weird stuff, and not knowing anything about the brain and it's interaction with drugs, made up crazy stories to explain it. Seems like an entirely reasonable conclusion to me. You believe in animal spirits, you take some drugs and start tripping and a dog talks to you, and you think it is a dog spirit, or your god telling you something. Or maybe you were just seeing stuff because you were on drugs.
      Firstly, people do see almost identical "stereotypical" egregores which look the same, and all over the world mirror what people describe, the randomness accumulates from the differing perspectives on the same causes. Secondly, experiences surrounding a non-individual idea with the same core concept represent similarities which are more alike than not. Thirdly, it is highly ironic how the "aliens, demons, and seemingly random entities" have been in millions of reported cases of sleep paralysis with close to identical descriptions and overall implications. Even more so, various religions throughout history have went as far as to name and categorize these entities. Finally, if one has experienced a form of fear, which in religious terms: opened their spiritual doors to fear based entities and they see the exact same beings despite their varying and highly diverse "shared influences", then your whole idea of shared images is contradictory in the way that people would have personalized projections and fears which would be diverse. The argument i'm trying to emphasize here is that, factually people have considerably diverse influences around the world, but regardless of the diversity of that fear, they have in-diverse personal experiences. Which clearly suggests that we are all being influenced by the same entities through various portals or dimensional doors known as emotions. Influences and experiences result in expectations, however these vary, what doesn't is the following hallucination.

      As for your misinterpretation of my implication of the "brain not working theory": that was a reflection of external argument regarding sleep paralysis, as people seem to think hypnagogic hallucination only occurs due to some brain error while transitioning from awake to sleep state. Why that theory makes absolutely no sense, is you fail to explain why the experiences during these hallucinatory states are profoundly similar around the world regardless of experiences. Another reason why that theory makes no sense is that: there is no explanation for the sudden hallucination caused by going to sleep, which seems to imply dreams are also just a hallucination. Our bodies are near perfect, and I could only assume that the only reason we aren't aware of these dimensions all around us is due to our disease and poisonous environments, inhibiting our perception in a way that limits us from being aware of what is actually there and what is "just seeing things". What's absolutely hilarious about all of this is you think that psychedelic use distorts your perception, that's what high school psychology teaches kids. However when you realize what shamans actually did, you will understand that you are seeing a lot more "false realities" than those who undergo shamanism. You see, your entire life is a dream, and it is propagated by the tryptamines and neurotransmitters which experience stimulation during your bodies cycles of eating, breathing, learning, and experiencing. When you dream, your brain excretes DMT, a chemical found through scientific study in the brains of every tested animal and human. Dmt could be thought of as the cause of dreams, along with melotonin, tryptamine, and tryptophan. What's interesting is, when you wake up you are in another similar dream, the psychedelic trip you call "life" propagated by a collective chemical reaction caused by serotonin. Even more interestingly, serotonin is almost identical to DMT as a chemical compound, and many other significant chemical hormones that greatly influence our perception. So really, you're no different from any shaman, except you haven't lucid dreamed in the day time, you haven't dealt with the profound calling of the influences behind the veil's of your limited perception. You're on the same boat as the shaman ingesting a psylocibin mushroom, a man eating peyote or a woman drinking ayahuasca, you aren't any different than a maggot, focusing it's senses on the DMT release of dead creatures, or the grass outside timelessly communicating with every plant and animal through telepathic emotional transmition. However, you're sitting here ignoring your fundamental synchronicity with the orchestra of DMT being played in nature by staring at this life-less computer screen. Demons, extra dimensional entities, aliens, or anything out of this world is simply beings who are on a frequency that feeds on death, which if you open yourself up to through the addiction of the fear chemical: adrenaline, or cortisol, you will be controlled and influenced by. You see, we are just like animals, but instead of being controlled by the gods of their bodies, we are controlled by our spirits. Whether you like to believe it or not, everything you know that is significantly true, has been discovered and realized by a scientist who, unlike you believed in one of the two gods, the one true god, or the one lie. The spiritual realm is the central focus of this reality, and everything material is a manifestation of the immaculate, geometrically perfect clockwork of energetic, condensed UV light trapped in a wave of probability within vibrating water. Spiritual order, or material chaos are two perspectives, one which rings true and one which deceives. Everything revolves around spiritual order, and your degree of belief or understanding in it.

      The difference between those who choose to apathetically ignore the signs god has placed in their path, and those who use them as clues to discover what they have been blind to is simple.
      Nothing is chaos, everything is perfectly scripted and decided prior to occurrence. There is no choice in results, only perspectives about the causes. Brilliant scientists and philosophers shared one significant quality of a core belief that they already knew everything, but simply had to listen to what god would offer, (when the student is ready the teacher will come). Seeing the similarities versus the differences is two distinctly differing views on a very important topic. Saying demons aren't real, is a fear based reaction rooting from the inability to even consider understanding what they are. Similarly, it is a fear based reaction founded upon your desire to not remember who you really are. So before you apathetically disregard this, would you rather walk with god, or with unknown influences who treat you like a battery, a worthless slave. Drug's don't have "purposes", the only real set purpose they have are to keep you stuck in this illusion by your own will until you let go of the need to control your own life with all the bull**** fear backing every ignorant decision. Eventually, and inevitably these events will only serve to teach you to not repeat these set mistakes. Btw, demons don't just try to scare you randomly, they are a militant force that sucks the negative energy from people's emotions and uses it to catalyze more negativity, and in turn harvest more emotion. They do this because they are with a fallen army, in this fallen world of sin, the abyss, with a prime goal to trap all of us into the hell they are already condemned to. They're trying to bring people like you down to their torment, so they don't have to experience as much of gods wrath. However, we are all much higher of a frequency than them, and can easily escape their influence through our only chance to escape our own sin, through the messiah: jesus christ.

      I'm not propagating religious beliefs or forcing them on you, this is just what I've come to realize. Ultimately, it's your choice, but knowing both sides, would you rather choose to disbelieve in your potentially only chance to leave this world of sin, or pretend he doesn't exist and everything will be ok even though there are evil entities wanting you to think in that very manner? You have only the choice of who will influence you, not how. In material terms, would you rather experience the fear of adrenaline and cortizol, or the happiness and understanding of serotonin and dmt. Will you react negatively, positively or neutrally? We are all, always tripping.




      Attached Images

    8. #8
      Member Achievements:
      1000 Hall Points Referrer Bronze Veteran First Class

      Join Date
      Sep 2009
      Gender
      Location
      Holmby Hills, Los Angeles, CA
      Posts
      299
      Likes
      101
      I've had sleep paralysis moments... I've never once thought of it as a demon trying to possess me... I do believe in spirits and dimensions and spiritual ideas and what not, but I've never had a sleep paralysis experience where after a while I could not force/will myself awake after I realize that my eyes are closed and not open in my room. I've heard the voices, seen some interesting characters, etc. I also don't believe in 'the devil' ... sure there are probably evil spirits, but I do not think that they can hurt/possess humans..

      And I have listened to the video, so if the OP things that 'this is just my opinion,' the guy speaking in the video presents no more evidence than I do except that I have experiences sleep paralysis and he has NOT. People love horror and love getting freaked out by things they don't understand. I actually like the feeling of sleep paralysis at times. Almost feels like I am entering an OBE. As long as I know I can get out (which I can always do), I'll never be fearful of the experience.

      Also, I don't have any sleep problems... I've actually never experienced sleep paralysis during normal sleep, only during naps (which plays perfectly into the scientifically defined explanation for sleep paralysis). So... I'm not buying the demon theory. We are a creative species, but you can't quote movies as fact that there are demons possessing us.

      I feel like the guy speaking in the video really does believe what he is preaching... but the fact of the matter is that this IS a 'conversion video.' He literally says 'turn to jesus, come to jesus as god and a child and he will protect you' what not. The synopsis Alric posted is pretty much spot on. OP, if you want to believe it go ahead, but you can't start your post off saying, forget everything you know, watch this with an open mind, and then be like, ok, now keep everything else forgotten, take this as fact, and now close your mind! You say you aren't propagating religious beliefs, but you ARE saying, well I've come to realize the 'truth' and if you don't want to believe it then sucks for you, you can burn in hell unless you too join my side hahaha. Maybe since I'm not afraid of my sleep paralysis, I'm really the devil. Could be interesting
      ~SaMaster14

    9. #9
      Member Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal Veteran Second Class

      Join Date
      Jul 2013
      LD Count
      40
      Posts
      114
      Likes
      54
      DJ Entries
      1
      Quote Originally Posted by SaMaster14 View Post
      I've had sleep paralysis moments... I've never once thought of it as a demon trying to possess me... I do believe in spirits and dimensions and spiritual ideas and what not, but I've never had a sleep paralysis experience where after a while I could not force/will myself awake after I realize that my eyes are closed and not open in my room. I've heard the voices, seen some interesting characters, etc. I also don't believe in 'the devil' ... sure there are probably evil spirits, but I do not think that they can hurt/possess humans..

      And I have listened to the video, so if the OP things that 'this is just my opinion,' the guy speaking in the video presents no more evidence than I do except that I have experiences sleep paralysis and he has NOT. People love horror and love getting freaked out by things they don't understand. I actually like the feeling of sleep paralysis at times. Almost feels like I am entering an OBE. As long as I know I can get out (which I can always do), I'll never be fearful of the experience.

      Also, I don't have any sleep problems... I've actually never experienced sleep paralysis during normal sleep, only during naps (which plays perfectly into the scientifically defined explanation for sleep paralysis). So... I'm not buying the demon theory. We are a creative species, but you can't quote movies as fact that there are demons possessing us.

      I feel like the guy speaking in the video really does believe what he is preaching... but the fact of the matter is that this IS a 'conversion video.' He literally says 'turn to jesus, come to jesus as god and a child and he will protect you' what not. The synopsis Alric posted is pretty much spot on. OP, if you want to believe it go ahead, but you can't start your post off saying, forget everything you know, watch this with an open mind, and then be like, ok, now keep everything else forgotten, take this as fact, and now close your mind! You say you aren't propagating religious beliefs, but you ARE saying, well I've come to realize the 'truth' and if you don't want to believe it then sucks for you, you can burn in hell unless you too join my side hahaha. Maybe since I'm not afraid of my sleep paralysis, I'm really the devil. Could be interesting
      I see what you're saying, however closing your mind to the idea of religion is no different from closing your mind from anything else. Not believing in something closes your mind just as much as believing in only one thing. Considering everything is the only sure way of getting a just perspective. Lots of people have experienced SP, but none of them can say that they actually know what's going on, and pretending to know what happened is the same as being scared of what really happened, so why not find out the actual truth of it. Contrasting this idea to things like the devil makes it seem absurd, but when you take into account what thousands of years of history has said about such an event, it's easy to think it's senseless. I'm just saying, why not consider every idea before coming to a conclusion? is it so scary to consider religious idea's that people have to make them out to be something ridiculous instead of serious?

    10. #10
      Member Achievements:
      1000 Hall Points Referrer Bronze Veteran First Class

      Join Date
      Sep 2009
      Gender
      Location
      Holmby Hills, Los Angeles, CA
      Posts
      299
      Likes
      101
      Quote Originally Posted by blizzardesigns View Post
      I see what you're saying, however closing your mind to the idea of religion is no different from closing your mind from anything else. Not believing in something closes your mind just as much as believing in only one thing. Considering everything is the only sure way of getting a just perspective. Lots of people have experienced SP, but none of them can say that they actually know what's going on, and pretending to know what happened is the same as being scared of what really happened, so why not find out the actual truth of it. Contrasting this idea to things like the devil makes it seem absurd, but when you take into account what thousands of years of history has said about such an event, it's easy to think it's senseless. I'm just saying, why not consider every idea before coming to a conclusion? is it so scary to consider religious idea's that people have to make them out to be something ridiculous instead of serious?
      That's the thing. I do believe in religion and I'm a pretty spiritual person. I just think the guy in the video has taken it to the extreme and has no back up to his claims. I'm Jewish, not Christian, so maybe the difference in ideology lies there. I've considered the idea of demons and the devil and to me it isn't plausible. I do believe in spirits and an afterlife, but when I experience sleep paralysis, regardless of what I see or hear, no part of me believes that it is the devil sitting on my chest and my only salvation is screaming the name 'Jesus'

      I don't think you are understanding the end of the video. The guy is telling you to close your mind to everything and believe fully what he is preaching with no evidence and basically saying that Jesus is one's only salvation and that once you embrace his way, you will see that it isn't science, but the devil. That seems pretty close minded to me... He is asking you both to not believe in what you once thought and also to close your mind by embracing that Jesus is the answer... This guy isn't asking you to consider everything, he is asking you to forget everything else and simply trust in the name of Jesus.

    11. #11
      Member Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal Veteran Second Class

      Join Date
      Jul 2013
      LD Count
      40
      Posts
      114
      Likes
      54
      DJ Entries
      1
      Quote Originally Posted by SaMaster14 View Post
      That's the thing. I do believe in religion and I'm a pretty spiritual person. I just think the guy in the video has taken it to the extreme and has no back up to his claims. I'm Jewish, not Christian, so maybe the difference in ideology lies there. I've considered the idea of demons and the devil and to me it isn't plausible. I do believe in spirits and an afterlife, but when I experience sleep paralysis, regardless of what I see or hear, no part of me believes that it is the devil sitting on my chest and my only salvation is screaming the name 'Jesus'

      I don't think you are understanding the end of the video. The guy is telling you to close your mind to everything and believe fully what he is preaching with no evidence and basically saying that Jesus is one's only salvation and that once you embrace his way, you will see that it isn't science, but the devil. That seems pretty close minded to me... He is asking you both to not believe in what you once thought and also to close your mind by embracing that Jesus is the answer... This guy isn't asking you to consider everything, he is asking you to forget everything else and simply trust in the name of Jesus.
      Sure, however, ignoring his ideology by the justification of it being close minded is more close minded then actually considering it. Couldn't you consider EVERY idea AND the christian one? You're exaggerating it way more than the video did, the devil does not sit on your chest according to the video, it's demonic entities. Paranormal does not = the devil. If you truly believe in religion then surely you'd have the capacity to consider other worldviews. Just because this video's outlook seems close minded, does not mean it's not plausible.

    12. #12
      Member Achievements:
      1000 Hall Points Referrer Bronze Veteran First Class

      Join Date
      Sep 2009
      Gender
      Location
      Holmby Hills, Los Angeles, CA
      Posts
      299
      Likes
      101
      Quote Originally Posted by blizzardesigns View Post
      Sure, however, ignoring his ideology by the justification of it being close minded is more close minded then actually considering it. Couldn't you consider EVERY idea AND the christian one? You're exaggerating it way more than the video did, the devil does not sit on your chest according to the video, it's demonic entities. Paranormal does not = the devil. If you truly believe in religion then surely you'd have the capacity to consider other worldviews. Just because this video's outlook seems close minded, does not mean it's not plausible.
      The conclusion of the video was literally 'the name of jesus has power, use it and you will be safe.' He also explicitly stated that sleep paralysis was conclusively the devil and his minions...

      I do think that anything is technically possible, I can't prove otherwise, but the thing about monotheistic religion is that if you believe in one, you intrinsically can't believe in another (even parts of it) without completely denying your original beliefs. I'm Jewish, so I do not believe that Jesus was any sort of savior, so I do not believe that his name would have any power other than being a regular name. If I accept the possibility of his video being true would mean that I would need to deny my original beliefs. But, of course, being Jewish doesn't mean that I am not open minded and it definitely doesn't mean that look down on the beliefs of others or try and force my beliefs on them.
      Sageous likes this.
      ~SaMaster14

    13. #13
      Member Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal Veteran Second Class

      Join Date
      Jul 2013
      LD Count
      40
      Posts
      114
      Likes
      54
      DJ Entries
      1
      Quote Originally Posted by SaMaster14 View Post
      The conclusion of the video was literally 'the name of jesus has power, use it and you will be safe.' He also explicitly stated that sleep paralysis was conclusively the devil and his minions...

      I do think that anything is technically possible, I can't prove otherwise, but the thing about monotheistic religion is that if you believe in one, you intrinsically can't believe in another (even parts of it) without completely denying your original beliefs. I'm Jewish, so I do not believe that Jesus was any sort of savior, so I do not believe that his name would have any power other than being a regular name. If I accept the possibility of his video being true would mean that I would need to deny my original beliefs. But, of course, being Jewish doesn't mean that I am not open minded and it definitely doesn't mean that look down on the beliefs of others or try and force my beliefs on them.
      well regardless of our personal beliefs, either could be true.

    Similar Threads

    1. Sleep Paralysis "Urges"
      By Dylan Tinning in forum Wake Initiated Lucid Dreams (WILD)
      Replies: 4
      Last Post: 09-14-2012, 12:43 PM
    2. Sleep Paralysis for a "forgetter"/"deep sleeper"
      By UnrealReality in forum General Lucid Discussion
      Replies: 1
      Last Post: 06-14-2012, 01:49 PM
    3. "Moving" during sleep paralysis?
      By AkiKaza-chan in forum General Dream Discussion
      Replies: 5
      Last Post: 09-11-2010, 05:35 AM
    4. Sleep paralysis > Lucid Dream - How To "Roll" out
      By surfingspider in forum Attaining Lucidity
      Replies: 4
      Last Post: 09-01-2007, 09:09 PM
    5. Sleep paralysis and "Lucid" Dreaming.
      By WhiteGhost in forum General Lucid Discussion
      Replies: 15
      Last Post: 01-30-2004, 09:15 PM

    Bookmarks

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •