• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Like Tree26Likes

Thread: Want to start having lucids now? I can help.

The Dreamer Achievements:
      Tagger First Class Made Friends on DV Referrer Bronze 5000 Hall Points Veteran First Class
      LD Count
      100+
      Chicago

Cool Want to start having lucids now? I can help.

I have posted quite a few threads here and while I do not claim to be a professional of any sort. I have succeeded in a lucid on 99 percent of tries. I can pretty much have a lucid every time I try and I can tell you how I believe you can do the same.

I found a technique, some know of it, others may not. But it is called Can-Wild. There are variations but what it means is that you use a special kind of alarm designed with patterns to awake you at particular moments and to create false awakening and instant lucid dreams. I have a 99 percent success rate using this alarm and I am confident you will too. I had 4 in a row last night using this method again. So without further a due. This is the method and the alarm to use.

SAVE THIS to your computer. http://www.htcflash.com/timer.exe
      This is an executable file but feel free to scan it. It is 100 percent clean.

DO NOT do this at bedtime. It will not work. Go to bed. Get 4-5 hours of sleep so that you will be awake in your longer REM periods. Now get out of bed for a very short period of time. 5 minutes while you are setting up the timer.

Run this timer on your computer and choose ramp 4. Then choose the 3 beeps, unless you are a heavy sleeper, then choose 9 or 27. Then click start/stop. Now, go to sleep. Thats it. That's all you have to actively do. This timer creates beeps in an alternating pattern for almost an hour, and at the end of the full pattern, it will then beep every 6 minutes indefinitely until you turn it off. Every time the alarm goes off, all you have to do is wake up. DO NOT open your eyes, do not roll over, DO not move... Each time the alarm goes off and wakes you up, just go back to sleep.. the timer pattern is set in a way to make you lucid during a dream.. and usually suddenly in the middle of a dream you will just realize you are dreaming.. if this does not make you lucid in a dream, you still have no failed.. each time the alarm goes off and wakes you up. DO NOT OPEN YOUR EYES, do not roll over, do not move.. Lay perfectly still.. but try your best to stay awake. listen to the sounds around you.. count to yourself, count your breaths, whatever you like. if you lay still and do not move.. you will usually feel the SP wave within seconds... as you feel this wave of numbness come over your body.. sometimes the vibrations and rushing noises will also accompany it.. just lay there.. when everything is silent again, and or you are in a dream.. you will be lucid.. usually after the numbness and heaviness goes away, everything goes silent.. i just get up out of bed and am in the dream world.. Anytime you do this method with this timer, you will have lots of false awakenings.. waking up in the bed in a dream is very very common with this technique... always do reality checks like pinching your nose and breathing just to be sure you are actually dreaming... ANYTIME you find that you are in fact dreaming... DO NOT just go around enjoying your lucid.. first, take a minute to stabilize it and you will have a long enjoyable lucid.. follow my tutorial in my signature for more information on exactly what to do.. do it.. read it.. its easy and it works..

Once again the timer is the best way I have found to get lots of lucids.. usually every time the timer goes off and wakes me up. IF i lay perfectly still and focus on staying awake, I can get sleep paralysis and transform that into a lucid dreams.. I can usually have 2-5 at a time using this technique.. try it and report back, let me and everyone else know how it works... this is a quick easy way for totally new people to have their very first lucid experiences... from here.. you can take what you learn on transitioning and use it for other induction methods.. Please let me know how this works for everyone... I hope this helps a lot of you because Lucid dreaming is amazing... otherwise, we all wouldn't be here telling you to keep trying...

Canada, Quebec
      I tried before to DEILD with an alarm using my computer...But my problem is my computer's fan is making too much noise...
      So I FILD every time I wake up naturally from a dream...
      I recommend your technique to everyone though...DEILD is really effective, it is my favorite technique...And very useful to chain Lucid Dreams. Especially for beginners who don't have enough stability skills in lucid dream and wake up too quick.

“Don't believe what your eyes are telling you. All they show is limitation. Look with your understanding, find out what you already know, and you'll see the way to fly.”
      LD's: 171 (133 DILD, 2 WILD, 36 DEILD)
      Nights in a row with atleast 1 Lucid Dream: 3
      Most dreams remembered in 1 night: 16
      Dreams recalled: 1308

Tagger First Class Made Friends on DV Referrer Bronze 5000 Hall Points Veteran First Class
      LD Count
      100+
      Chicago
      Yea. I think this technique should help a lot of people have their first Lucid... I would recommend turning the volume as loud as possible on the computer though.. the idea is that you wake up every time the alarm goes off. so it needs to be LOUD lol
      Sam1r likes this.

but if my natural reaction to an alarm is opening my eyes, will that mess up the process if i do? awesome post btw

The Sweetest of Sleepers Freyja's Avatar
      LD Count
      The Deep South
      Oh nooo! It's an exe file and I have a mac. Sounds amazing, though!
      “Love, she thought, must come suddenly, with great outbursts and lightnings—a hurricane of the skies,
      which falls upon life, revolutionizes it, roots up the will like a leaf, and sweeps the whole heart into the abyss.”
      -Madame Bovary, Gustave Flaubert

LD Count
      United Kingdom
      I remember one of your earlier threads about this. I never really properly tried it, and I have had a loooooooong break from trying to LD since then, but tonight I will try and give it another go.

LD Count
      Multiverse constuct 7.3 x 10^317, Virgo Supercluster, Local Cluster,Milky Way Glxy, Sol system,Earth
      DJ Entries
      I've been meaning to try this technique for a while, when I get my new laptop in a few weeks then I will be able to do it

"My body may be bound by gravity, but my imagination knows no limits." -Me
      -start date: 3/31/10, current LD count: 131
      Goals: [X] successfully stabalize a LD, explore dream world, and learn to fly
      [ ] Discover the source of consciousness, find my spirit guide, experience absolute cosmic unity

Canada, Quebec
      Quote Originally Posted by batjac10 View Post
      but if my natural reaction to an alarm is opening my eyes, will that mess up the process if i do? awesome post btw
      Well...DEILD is easier when you stay still and dont open your eyes but not impossible.
      I manage to succeed a DEILD even if I open my eyes.(not 100% though)

“Don't believe what your eyes are telling you. All they show is limitation. Look with your understanding, find out what you already know, and you'll see the way to fly.”
      LD's: 171 (133 DILD, 2 WILD, 36 DEILD)
      Nights in a row with atleast 1 Lucid Dream: 3
      Most dreams remembered in 1 night: 16
      Dreams recalled: 1308

LD Count
      100+
      Chicago
      Quote Originally Posted by reere View Post
      Well...DEILD is easier when you stay still and dont open your eyes but not impossible.
      I manage to succeed a DEILD even if I open my eyes.(not 100% though)
      Exactly what I was going to say.. Most of the time if I open my eyes... I either can't get SP to take place or it takes too long.. and I hear you when you say your first reaction is to open your eyes because mine is too.. but each time that alarm goes off, you are awoken more and more subconsciously and eventually.. when the alarm goes off... you just wake up inside.. lol.. and you dont open your eyes... Just keep telling yourself everytime "next time the alarm goes off i wont open my eyes and I wont move" and eventually, you'll do it.. and when you do prepare for SP to set in, and it comes fast usually.. like 3-10 seconds.. and it washes over you very very fast... what usually happens to me is i dont even have time for induction techniques.. I just find myself in a dream scene but with the realization that i was just laying in bed and that this is dreamland lol.. aka lucid.. Good luck with this.. and definitely keep me posted on how this works for you.. and as for freyja, there are MP3 Files that play the alarm notes in the same order and time frames that you can get. I can even help you if you are interested and want to try it on your mac... let me know..

Dream Guardian Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal Made lots of Friends on DV Populated Wall Tagger First Class 5000 Hall Points Veteran First Class
      LD Count
      Hyrule
      DJ Entries
      sounds interesting and awesome and i will try this. I just hope i don't move because i usually change positions or stretch when i wake up
      Friends are people you care about, no matter what.

Goals: Have a shared dream[ ], Meet Saria[?], Zelda[?], and Malon[ ] from Legend of Zelda, visit Hyrule[ ], find my Dream guide[ ], visit the Star Wars galaxy[ ], do a ToTM or ToTY[ ], befriend a dragon [ ], find/create my dream world[ ], forge/find a unique sword[ ], visit Gensokyo[ ]

LD Count
      100+
      Chicago
      Quote Originally Posted by Linkster17 View Post
      sounds interesting and awesome and i will try this. I just hope i don't move because i usually change positions or stretch when i wake up
      If you do move or open your eyes, dont give up, just close your eyes and focus on staying conscious internally.. it may take a couple minutes if you couldnt keep perfectly still and/or eyes closed, however, it will happen much faster than a traditional wild even with the short setback...

Was excited to try this but it wouldn't let me run the timer.

"This is not a valid Win32 application"... this is a fairly new laptop, so that might have something to do with it.
      Maybe, just for a second, you'll be awestruck.
      ...do you feel it to?

Lurker
      I have very thin walls and neighbors and parents with a very quick temper, and I would not want to wake them with these beeps. My speakers are too far away from where I sleep. The cord on my headphones are all I have and they can reach to where I am sleeping. Does this work only with speakers or with headphones too?

LD Count
      100+
      Chicago
      Quote Originally Posted by mish7x View Post
      I have very thin walls and neighbors and parents with a very quick temper, and I would not want to wake them with these beeps. My speakers are too far away from where I sleep. The cord on my headphones are all I have and they can reach to where I am sleeping. Does this work only with speakers or with headphones too?
      You can plug your headphones into your computer and that will also work... let me know how this goes for you guys

LD Count
      Virginia, USA
      DJ Entries

Thumbs up

This sounds like a great idea! I've downloaded the program, and will get back to you. It would be much cooler if you could set our own sound, instead of the beep. This would introduce the ability to allow you to speak to yourself, or have some other reality check occur during sleep, so you could use it for DILD, too....

I'm going to try and find a mask that detects REM sleep. If I can find that, and hook it up to another stimulus, this method would work without needing a timer! It would detect the dream state, and that would trigger the stimulus. Hmmm...that would be cool!

I'll let you know how it works....

I'm also going to read your tutorial. Thanks for that!

Thanks for your contribution!
      Last edited by ZoeSeeker; 07-25-2010 at 07:08 PM.
      Since 7.8.2010:
      LDs: 6 Recalls:18 Chained:1
      GOALS: [√]Induce an LD [√]Stabilize an LD [ ]Hold a conversation [ ]Fly at will [ ]Conjure objects [ ]Change weather [ ]Space travel [ ]Precognition [ ]Talk to GOD [ ]WILD [ ]Dilate Time

LD Count
      -1 wait, what?
      DJ Entries
      ill try it and post results
      I'd rather not have a signature, thanks.

Banned
      Posting results tomorrow.

Credo ut intelligam Achievements:
      Referrer Bronze 5000 Hall Points Veteran First Class
      I should try this sometime. Looks interesting.
      John 3:16

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

LD Count
      DJ Entries
      seems like it could work... i'll try it!

Created Dream Journal Made lots of Friends on DV Populated Wall Tagger First Class 5000 Hall Points Veteran First Class
      LD Count
      Hyrule
      DJ Entries
      thanks for tip, ill try that

Goals: Have a shared dream[ ], Meet Saria[?], Zelda[?], and Malon[ ] from Legend of Zelda, visit Hyrule[ ], find my Dream guide[ ], visit the Star Wars galaxy[ ], do a ToTM or ToTY[ ], befriend a dragon [ ], find/create my dream world[ ], forge/find a unique sword[ ], visit Gensokyo[ ]

Ohio
      Quote Originally Posted by Freyja View Post
      Oh nooo! It's an exe file and I have a mac. Sounds amazing, though!
      That was my original reaction. Check this website out to be able to use this application on a Mac.

This is a very good application and I feel that it will work... I'll post results tomorrow as well.
      Last edited by Masquerade; 07-26-2010 at 03:58 AM.
      hallahill likes this.

LD Count
      Hyrule
      DJ Entries
      i tried to do it last night but was too awake, couldn't go back to sleep.

USA
      Quote Originally Posted by SEJR View Post
      That was my original reaction. Check this website out to be able to use this application on a Mac.

This is a very good application and I feel that it will work... I'll post results tomorrow as well.
      Thanks for the link! I'll try this tonight and see if I can get any results.
      Last edited by Fen64; 07-27-2010 at 06:50 AM.
      -FEN
      goals: first LD [ ], fly [ ], play an instrument [ ], telekinesis [ ], fight a DC [ ], explore depths of the ocean [ ]

Banned
      Tried to do it, but my stomach felt bad AND I COULD NOT FALL ASLEEP.

tried it couldn't fall asleep and then i finally fell asleep and must have slept through like 10 of the 6 minute intervals... i had it on 9 beeps too.

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast