Like Tree5Likes

Thread: The Official Dreamviews Fit Club

Hybrid View

LD Count
      Over 9,000

Lightbulb The Official Dreamviews Fit Club

Dreamviews Fit Club

Staying Up All Night...Working Out.

Club Creed: Promoting a healthy lifestyle through positive eating habits and physical fitness

Why This Club Was Founded: I talked to Man Of Steel (MOS) about two months ago and we both realized we had been slacking heavily in our exercise routines. I proposed that we expunge our lethargic natures when it comes to fitness and arduously work on our physical fitness beginning at the start of '09.

How This Club Works: This club is based on the "buddy system". By that I mean you find a partner who is in the club (or wanting to join but lacks a partner). But before you do this, you need to come up with a weekly routine for yourself. If you've been out of the fitness loop for a while then it's best to start off with the basics and work your way up. Each day you have accomplished your fitness goal for that day. Post (in here) the workouts you've completed. At the bottom of this post is your daily file to post in here. It's up to you and your buddy to make sure you are staying on track and not cheating yourself. This club strongly encourages posting monthly pictures of the part of your body you are working (no genitalia or private areas may be posted). The picture must also include you holding up a piece of notebook paper (or any paper) with your username written on it (reasons for this are obvious).

Buddy System: Feel free to partner with a buddy whose interested in joining the DV Fit Club. Your buddy is responsible for keeping you on track, making sure you're hitting your personal targets (whatever they may be) as well as keeping you motivated. Number exchanges may be made through private messages. If you are going to give your number to your buddy, do so at your own risk.

Cheat Days: If you have stuck to your fitness routine throughout the week you are granted one cheat day in which you can satisfy your taste buds. On your cheat day, unfasten your pants and go crazy (but not too crazy).

Diet Plans: I recommend going here -> http://www.changingshape.com/dietand...ion/mealplans/

Fitness Programs/Tips: I recommend going here -> http://www.free-online-health.com/fr...e-programs.htm

Club Membership Eligibility Criteria:

- You must be 15 years of age or older
      - You must commit to at least 4 days of exercise
      - You must post your workout profile every day (sometime after your workout)
      - You must commit to cardio and weight routines (this is not to say you must curl 50 lb. weights every day...your fitness routine will be customized to YOUR current capabilities, but also allow room for growth and increase)
      Already Fit?: Great. Let this club continue to motivate you to staying in an ideal state of physical fitness.

Already Fat?: Great. You are modeling clay and this club is the potter. Jump in feet first and lose that weight!

Already Out of Shape?: You may not be fat, but you certainly won't be posing for Calvin Klein any time soon. This club is definitely for you!

Also feel free to discuss healthy recipes, tips for physical workouts or brag about your accomplishments in here.

To physical fitness...and beyond!

--------------------

Profile for joining

Name (Username suffices):
      Current buddy (if applicable):
      Want a buddy?:
      Cheat Day (Optional):
      Physical Goals:
      Days you'll exercise:
      Cardio Routine:
      Weight Routine:
      Current weight:
      Why are you joining?

---------------------

Daily Profile to post

Cardio workout(s) done today:
      Weight workout(s) done today:
      Areas of body worked today:
      Current weight:
      Current buddy:
      Foods consumed today:
      Drinks consumed today:
      Buddy's performance as a buddy (1/10):
      Rate your buddy's progress (1/10):

(Optional info to post)

Picture of body area worked:
      Video of body area worked:
      Last edited by Jeff777; 02-13-2009 at 05:49 AM.
      Things are not as they seem

LD Count
      Over 9,000
      Name (Username suffices): Jeff
      Current buddy (if applicable): None
      Want a buddy?: Yes
      Cheat Day (Optional): Saturday
      Physical Goals: Have rock hard 6 pack abs. I also want to be physically toned all over.
      Days you'll exercise: Monday - Saturday
      Cardio Routine: Jogging on treadmill
      Weight Routine: Leg, chest, glutes, ab, obliques, tricep and calve machines. Also weight curls.
      Current weight: 170 lbs.
      Why are you joining?: I'm committed to a healthier lifestlye than I'm currently living.

Veteran of the DV Wars Man of Steel's Avatar
      LD Count
      ~35
      Houston, TX
      Joining up, SAH! *salutes*

Name (Username suffices): MoS (AKA Danger, but call me Josh )
      Current buddy (if applicable): Jeff777 I thought... >_>
      Want a buddy?: Perhaps
      Cheat Day (Optional): Saturday, which is my official day of rest.
      Physical Goals: Alleviate back strain and increase overall muscle tone, including pectorals, abs, legs, and arms. A six pack would be nice.
      Days you'll exercise: Sunday-Friday
      Cardio Routine: Walking my dog every day (gotta do it anyway )
      Weight Routine: Lack of weights limits me to what I can do with my body alone, so pushups, pullups, crunches, back presses, squats, and cock pushups*.
      Current weight: 145lb last I checked, though I've been exercising for about two weeks already.
      Height: 5' 11" (though with my back out it compresses me down to a bit over 5' 9"! )
      Why are you joining?: Because I seriously need to get in better shape.

I've been doing a daily routine of pushups, crunches, backpresses, and occasionally pullups, along with taking my dog (energetic Lab, walks are sometimes more like runs) for a walk. Need to walk her every day, but haven't been doing so yet. She's needing of exercise at least as much as I.

*Three a day. *COUGHonlynotreallyCOUGH*

Just had to reply to this

Name (Username suffices): Oscar
      Want a buddy?: Not yet
      Cheat Day (Optional):
      Physical Goals: Huge lats\general increase in lifting stats. Oh, also to be 190lb by the end of the year.
      Days you'll exercise: Mon\Wed\Fri
      Cardio Routine: Jog 3 times a week (this is planned usually only ends up as once or none though)
      Weight Routine: Madcows 5x5 (experimental)
      Current weight: 78kg (171)
      Why are you joining?
      To motivate me to work harder so i can show of noticable gains in size (Also cuase im testing out a new program)

Ps. Jeff, what size do you want the pictures scaled to if we post?
      Last edited by Ozzi99; 02-14-2009 at 01:58 AM.
      "Dont drink six beers at the same time?...BRILLIANT!"

Atashermi
      Name: Amethyst
      Want a buddy?: Not yet
      Cheat Day (Optional): See note
      Physical Goals: 30 minutes of exercise
      Days you'll exercise: Sunday-Saturday (unsure about set schedule)
      Cardio Routine: DDR, 30-60 minute walks
      Weight Routine: Push-ups, leg lifts, need to find my dad's old weights
      Current weight: 223
      Why are you joining? I'm hoping that by committing to do this with friends, I'll feel more accountable to do what I set forth to do.

Note: I've been with Weight Watchers since last August and have lost 23 pounds. I continue to (try to) follow their diet program which is on a daily point system and also allows for a set number of bonus points to be used throughout the week. I've been lax on the exercise end of things, though, but I want to change that.

Fitness, go!

"If there was one thing the lucid dreaming ninja writer could not stand, it was used car salesmen."

Flying squirrels FTW!!! Snowy Egypt's Avatar
      The Anime World
      Name (Username suffices): Let's shorten it to Snowy for now
      Current buddy (if applicable): None (unless you count my mom. )
      Want a buddy?: Definitely
      Cheat Day (Optional): Sunday
      Physical Goals: lose 10 - 20 pounds before the middle of Summer break
      Days you'll exercise: Monday - Friday (not sure about Sat., but probably Sat. too)
      Cardio Routine: Walk 30 - 40 min. either in my neighborhood or on my school's track. (I live REALLY close to my school, so I could even walk there as apart of this routine)
      Weight Routine: Treadmill at the gym (we'll be getting our membership reinstated soon)
      Current weight: *sigh*....318
      Why are you joining? The above criteria should say it all, but I'll say it anyways; I'm fat. You could say obese, but I'm tall, so you could just say overweight..... ah screw it I'm obese. I hate that it's taken me THIS long to do something about it, but if I don't do something now, I never will. I've already started eating better, and that's resulted in me losing.....1 pound. But even that's just a guess. My mom said I'm lacking the exercise part, so we'll be starting that...probably next week (Well, I'll be starting it. She's already started) since it's my Winter Break.
      http://img39.imageshack.us/img39/1596/sleepingpikachu4.jpg
      This guy, , and this guy, , are mine. BACK OFF!

LD Count
      Numbers
      Green Mountains
      DJ Entries
      [QUOTE=Jeff777;1027720]
      Dreamviews Fit Club

Staying Up All Night...Working Out.

At first when I saw this, I thought that it was implying working out while in lucid dreams. That gave me a good laugh, but is also an interesting idea.
      "Above All, Love"
      ~Unknown~

Name (Username suffices): Matt
      Want a buddy?:Yes
      Cheat Day (Optional): Saturday
      Physical Goals: Lose 2-3 stone and tone up
      Days you'll exercise: Sunday-Friday
      Cardio Routine: Cycling on the Exercise Bike
      Weight Routine: Situps, Plank, Pushups, Lifting weights (don't know the terms)
      Current weight: 196 lbs
      Why are you joining? Because i want to live a long healthy and active life, not a fat and sloppy one (whatever that means).

Currently i don't have anything set in stone at all, i sometimes exercise, i sometimes don't, the majority is me sat in bed or on a chair, not making much movement, i don't do weight exercises or anything. Recently i actually feel disgusted with myself and the fat hanging off me, so its time to make a change for life.

Arizona
      DJ Entries
      Good job, Ame. Keep up the good work.

Don't leave this thread, Zhaylin. I don't think you're annoying anyone. I think everyone is just trying to help. We just think that if you ate healthier food that it would help with a lot of your health issues. We just want to see you master this and start feeling better. So please keep trying-- and stay posting on this.

I'm glad your son is having success. Being a teenager is hard enough without having the extra challenges of being overweight and having health problems. I hope he continues to do well and that you can work things out.

Adrenaline Junkie, welcome. I'm glad you're ready to make some changes in your life. Good luck!!

Thanks TS

Right, i thought i'd get this off to a good start, here's my daily report thingy.

Matt
      Cardio workout(s) done today: None
      Weight workout(s) done today: 10 situps, 20 reps lifting weights, plank for 30 seconds, 10 pushups (struggled haha)
      Areas of body worked today: Arms, abs
      Current weight: 196 lbs
      Current buddy: N/A
      Foods consumed today: Cereal: 2x weetabix, 1 can of baked beans, 2x cheese on toast, chocolate ice cream, chocolate cake, shortbread
      Drinks consumed today: Water, red tea, hot chocolate
      Buddy's performance as a buddy (1/10): N/A
      Rate your buddy's progress (1/10): N/A

Not a very good day at all today, i was doing really well in the morning but it all went downhill, i was doing work today after eating the baked beans and I slowly began feeling weaker and then i just couldn't work so i ate the cheese on toast.

Didn't exercis either, just shows my willpower, but i needed some sugary boost to help me work since i just couldn't focus when i felt really weak. Its a weird feeling, probably sugar addiction.

I'll improve on this tomorrow, without a doubt.

Drowning in Dreams Achievements:
      Made lots of Friends on DV Vivid Dream Journal Veteran First Class 10000 Hall Points Created Dream Journal
      <span class='glow_8B0000'>Zhaylin</span>'s Avatar
      LD Count
      c. 6 since join
      Central West Virginia, USA
      DJ Entries
      Welcome AJ I thought your report was a good one. You had a very good weight training day, IMO. And while there was lots of junkfood in your diet, the cereal, cheese and toast and beans seem okay to me (but I have a horrible diet lol)

Thanks TwoShadows.
      I just know how frustrating and annoying it must be to hear me whine about this and that, and then discard most of the advice I'm given. And it takes away from the posts of people who are genuinely trying instead of making a half-hearted attempt.

**Edit**
      I'll have to keep coming here. I've not exercised at all since I stopped. So while my diet will not be perfect for a long time- to those I've frustrated, I apologize and please be patient- I need this place to remain active lol.

Cardio workout(s) done today: 10 min. boxing shuffle (but with inward/outward/thigh blocks instead of punching because my elbow hurts)
      Weight workout(s) done today: 20 min. pilates
      Areas of body worked today: over all
      Current weight: 128
      Foods consumed today: about 8 chocolate covered plums, 10 oz. Special K Protein Shake; Grilled Tilapia, rice, vegetable medley from Long John's, 44 oz. Coke (I've not been awake long today though)

Mood: 4-5
      Meds: 60 mg Celexa, 18mg Strattera [my current "norms"], 200 mg Provigil, Antibiotic x's 2, Naproxen x's 2, Acid Reducer
      Health: 3-5 (ear infection, heart burn from Hades, on and off stuffed up nose, achy joints, postnasal drip)

Studied: 30 min. secular, 40 min. Spiritual
      Ministry: 0
      Cleaned: 3
      Recreation: 5
      Groomed: 10
      Total Sleep: 7 hours then 6 hours
      Quality of Sleep: 8
      Cigarettes: will be 1 pack... 9 more days until I quit
      Last edited by Zhaylin; 04-20-2009 at 02:06 AM.

BC, Canada
      TS is right, no one here is annoyed, including myself. I wrote what I wrote mostly because you were wondering why you felt so emotionally/mentally/physically exhausted when it's so obvious the answer is right under your nose.

With your last post, I feel kinda bad on some of the other stuff I said. I understand where you're coming from - you're in a tough point in your life and you're just trying to alleviate the pressures that have built up to an almost intolerable level; not cooking helps this. I like to see that you acknowledge your unhealthy choices, and it really is great to hear you've stepped up your fruit consumption and have been doing your best at the fast food restaurants. It's important being able to recognize what you're doing wrong, and that's step 1.

The real test, however, will be when your life returns to normal and you'll have to drop any justification you had for fast food and lack of exercise. Being 40 minutes away definitely helps, but even at the homestead you can have a pantry filled with TV dinners and microwavable chimichangas. If you're serious about this fitness idea - which is reflected somewhat by your consistent posting - then you should have no problem.

Really, I just want you to succeed, and that's all there is to it. Keep in gear.

Starry starry night, paint your pallet blue and gray,
      Look out on a summers day,
      with eyes that know the darkness of my soul.

Banned
      Big Village, North America
      Name (Username suffices): grasshoppa
      Current buddy (if applicable):
      Want a buddy?: If anyone wants to pair up with me it's cool
      Cheat Day (Optional): one day on the weekend if i need it.
      Physical Goals: improve cardio condition
      Days you'll exercise: pretty much every day
      Cardio Routine: trail running walk/run, Tai Chi. Hoping to pick up swimming and biking soon.
      Weight Routine: none atm. trying to focus on cardio now. I used to only do weight lifting, but I want to focus on health first, rather than aesthetics first and health second. Although, I may take up a light routine in the future.
      Current weight: 170 give or take
      Why are you joining?

I am joining so that way I can hold my self accountable, set goals, and learn what other people do to improve their fitness.

Btw, ninja. I'm sorry to hear about your knee. My dad recently got knee surgery because of the intense running he has done. He never stretched much tho, and I think that is a main reason. I'm sure you already know, but stretching lubricates the joins - preventing injury. I hope you get well soon, I know what it's like to not be able to do what you love due to physical limitations.
      Last edited by grasshoppa; 05-06-2009 at 04:45 PM.

Dream Name: Papi-mami Achievements:
      1 year registered 5000 Hall Points Veteran First Class
      An Island
      I just finished my second year college and have found myself with a lot of free time on my hands. Guess there's no better way to spend it than on bettering myself physically and improving my health

Profile for joining

Name :
      Nic

Current buddy : don't have one

Want a buddy?: sure do

Cheat Day: either thursday or friday (pizza after the club is a necessity)

Physical Goals: improve my cardio so I can run a 10k and improve muscle strength in most parts of my body

Days you'll exercise: depending on work schedule, i can hit the gym 1-2 a week and can do crunches, pullups/chinups, tri dips, pushups at home anytime

Cardio Routine: go on a jog twice weekly to start around a chip trail by my soccer field

Weight Routine: Since I only go once a week usually, I hit every muscle hard when I go cause then my body has a full week to recover

Current weight: 141.8 lbs

Why are you joining? I have lots of time on my hands and I need to improve my cardio and muscle strength because I plan on joining the military.

*Note* I'm going to be very committed so anyone who needs a partner, know that I will stick with it
      -The more you want something, the less obtainable it becomes.-
      Tasks of the month completed: 3 (Bas. 3/Adv. 0)
      Lucids: 7 (DILD-7)

Drowning in Dreams Achievements:
      Made lots of Friends on DV Vivid Dream Journal Veteran First Class 10000 Hall Points Created Dream Journal
      <span class='glow_8B0000'>Zhaylin</span>'s Avatar
      LD Count
      c. 6 since join
      Central West Virginia, USA
      DJ Entries
      It's nice to see all the activity! Welcome to all the new people

I've lost about 5 pounds in 1 week. It's probably water weight. I'm not trying to lose weight, I just have NO appetite and NO energy. Since I quit smoking on April 28, all I do is sleep. I sleep very poorly, but it's still sleep.
      Yesterday I was on a "kitten hunt" for an hour, so I was outside walking the property and doing some light to heavy lifting of yard debris trying to find where my cat is hiding her babies.
      That's the most exercise I've had in a couple of weeks

I want to start smoking again just to feel partially human! But if I can't tough out this asinine (sp) amount of complaints, then I have no business EVER returning to my congregation (I'm quiting 97&#37; because of religious reasons, 2% for my hubby, 1% because of cost)

Blah... Time to go back to sleep...

LD Count
      maryland
      i guess i will join

Name : Hannah

Current buddy : none

Want a buddy?: yeah

Cheat Day: friday

Physical Goals: just be in better shape

Days you'll exercise: everyday

Cardio Routine: walk/run/jog on the treadmill everyday

Weight Routine: hand weights every couple days

Current weight: 142 lbs

Why are you joining? i want to lose 20 pounds

LD Count
      maryland
      Name:eppy
      Cardio workout(s) done today: treadmill for 35 minutes
      Weight workout(s) done today: none
      Areas of body worked today: whatever a treadmill does.legs.
      Current weight:142
      Foods consumed today: breakfast:frosted flakes.lunch: turkey sandwhich with cheez-its,part of an apple. dinner:a salad. a piece of bread with butter. snacks:bowl of icecream.some taco salad
      Drinks consumed today:milk.water.diet coke.

not too bad.probably should eat something healthier for a snack.

BC, Canada
      11:30am - Moderate bowl of cheerios to curb my hunger until I cooked oatmeal.
      Exercise - 150 pushups
      12:15pm - Large bowl of oatmeal with brown sugar and milk.

Today is going to be my lax day. I might use the dumbbells later, but I do have aikido tonight.

Starry starry night, paint your pallet blue and gray,
      Look out on a summers day,
      with eyes that know the darkness of my soul.

Atashermi
      I don't have a scale handy, but I've been doing exponentially more walking in the last week than I have all summer, so I'm kind of looking forward to returning home and seeing if/how much I lose. Luckily the meals here are pretty healthy, plenty of fruit.

Keep going, all of you!

"If there was one thing the lucid dreaming ninja writer could not stand, it was used car salesmen."

DJ Entries
      Ran /fast/ for 1.7 miles. Definitely PR, about 11 minutes, should've brought a watch with a second hand. Walked back. Good times.
      Abraxas

Quote Originally Posted by OldSparta
      I murdered someone, there was bloody everywhere. On the walls, on my hands. The air smelled metallic, like iron. My mouth... tasted metallic, like iron. The floor was metallic, probably iron

Banned
      Quote Originally Posted by Abra View Post
      Ran /fast/ for 1.7 miles. Definitely PR, about 11 minutes, should've brought a watch with a second hand. Walked back. Good times.
      You are in very good shape Abra, I'm impressed.

As for me, my shins are better I think, I'm gonna try a 5 miler tomorrow.

Ireland

Fit Fit Fit

Name CandyCloudsofLullaby

Current buddy ): dinny have one

Want a buddy?: donny know

Cheat Day Sunday- that's when I work a 12 hour shift!!

Physical Goals:
      Fit, Healthy, Toned
      Days you'll exercise:
      Mon -Fri
      Cardio Routine: - 5min easy warm up on tredmill or Star Jumps.
      - 1min running flat out, 1min recovery (slow pace) repeat 6TOTAL 17min times each
      - Move to weight Routine.

Weight Routine: - legs;
      - on each ressistant machine at the gym,
      - start off 40kg
      -15-25reps x2set
      -Arms;
      - start off 15-25kg
      - 8-15reps x2
      -abs and lower back
      - as many possible
      - break
      - repeat

Go back to cardio routine
      Stretch and cooldown.

Go for a swim.
      Current weight:120

Why are you joining?
      I just quit 3years of smoking, lasted 2 and a half weeks so far, I wanna get back to my once fitly self, and build stamina and strength to complete my Duke of Edinburgh Gold Award this year.
      ---------------------

LD Count
      Over 9,000
      Welcome guys!

Did Pilates on Wii fitness two days back for about 15 minutes. Burned 25 calories.

Will post pics of 6 pack abs in a month...or three.
      Last edited by Jeff777; 07-21-2009 at 11:21 PM.

Banned
      I got sick yesterday from some food, but I ended up thinking that it was just regular sickness, so I ate the leftovers and got sick again Needless to say, I did nothing today.

LD Count
      Over 9,000
      How Food Affects Mood

By: Sue Gilbert

Scientists are proving that what's in the foods you eat can effect the chemical composition of your brain. The foods you eat can affect your mood, including your level of alertness and your perception of pain.

What is it about foods that yields this kind of power? It is foods ability to alter the production or release of neurotransmitters, the chemical messengers that carry information from one nerve cell to another. Neurotransmitters are responsible for such important bits of information, like "I'm full" or, "AGG! I'm very anxious about this!"

The Theory

Just how does a food affect neurotransmitters? According to Dr. Richard Wurtman at MIT, who is involved in numerous studies on nutrition and the brain, the nutrients in foods are precursors to neurotransmitters, and depending on the amount of precursors present in the food you eat, the more or less of a certain neurotransmitter is produced. Although this process may seem fairly straightforward, it is complicated by the fact that foods most often are made up of more than one nutrient, and how those different nutrients interact will also impact the production and release of neurotransmitters.

The Practice

Despite the complexity, there are certain established bits of knowledge of how food affects your mood that you can put into practice.

* Boost your alertness with protein. Protein foods are broken down into their amino acid building blocks during digestion. One amino acid, called tyrosine, will increase the production of dopamine, norepinephrine and epinephrine. These neurotransmitters are known for their ability to increase levels of alertness and energy. No one eats pure tyrosine, but eating foods high in protein will give you a slight mental boost. High protein foods include fish, poultry, meat, and eggs. If you can't eat those, try high protein foods that also contain significant amount of carbohydrates, such as legumes, cheese, milk, or tofu.
      * For relaxation and anti-stress, eat carbohydrates. Eating carbohydrates will trigger the release of insulin into the blood stream. Insulin goes about clearing all the amino acids out of the blood, with the exception of tryptophan. Tryptophan is an amino acid that normally gets crowded out by other amino acids in its attempt to cross the blood brain barrier, but when its competitors are out of the way, it enters the brain en mass. Once in the brain, the tryptophan is converted to serotonin. Serotonin is a neurotransmitter that has the effect of reducing pain, decreasing appetite, and producing a sense of calm, and in too large a quantity, inducing sleep. Research has shown that dieters tend to become depressed about two weeks into a diet, about the time their serotonin levels have dropped due to decreased carbohydrate intake. Healthy carbohydrate foods to turn to for anti-stress include whole grain breads and crackers, whole grain pasta, rice, cereal, and fruits.

* For the most beneficial effect of either carbohydrate or protein, eat them separately. For example, the energy boosting effect of protein will be offset if you start out a lunch of fish (pure protein) with a roll (mostly carbohydrate). Make the protein the first food that you eat, and then, go lightly on the carbohydrate if it is mental alertness you are after.
      * Caffeine can be an effective antidepressant. Despite its bad rap, caffeine can do some good. For mild cases of depression which do not need medical attention, a little caffeine can be an effective antidepressant. It has the added benefit of not needing to increase the dosage daily to get the same effect. Long term epidemiological evidence more than supports the safety of a cup or two of coffee a day. More than that however can begin to have counterproductive effects in some people.
      * Likewise, folic acid is an important counter to depression. Folic acid deficiencies have been linked to depression in clinical studies. Folic acid deficiency causes serotonin levels in the brain to decrease. Psychiatric patients with depression have much higher rates of folic acid deficiency than the general public. As little as 200 micrograms was enough to relieve the depression -- that amount is easily obtained in a cup of cooked spinach or a glass of orange juice.

* Lack of selenium can cause bad moods. Individuals suffering from a lack of selenium have been shown to be more anxious, irritable, hostile, and depressed than their non-lacking counterparts. Correcting deficiencies normalizes mood, but getting more does not elevate mood further. It is speculated that selenium may have some unknown neural function, but as of yet, its mode of action is unknown. Be sure to get your daily dose by eating a Brazil nut, or tuna sandwich, sunflower seeds, whole grain cereals, or swordfish.
      * Put eggs back in your diet to improve memory and concentration. One nutrient that many of us are apt to be low on, in our fervor to avoid high-cholesterol foods, is choline. Choline is a B complex vitamin that is concentrated in high cholesterol foods like eggs and liver. A lack of choline can cause impairment of memory and concentration. Choline is a precursor to the brain neurotransmitter, acetylcholine. Acetylcholine is linked to memory. People given drugs that block acetylcholine flunk memory tests. Low levels of acetylcholine have been linked to Alzheimer's disease and poor memory. What a good excuse to put eggs back on your diet plan!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast