• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views




    Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Results 51 to 75 of 208
    1. #51
      Callapygian Superstar Goldney's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 2007
      Gender
      Location
      Budapest
      Posts
      1,901
      Likes
      11
      Quote Originally Posted by wer View Post
      Mark47... this argument is over. Your mind is closed.
      Who's that guy?

      /me disappears with a flourish
      *............*............*

    2. #52
      - Neruo's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 2005
      Gender
      Location
      The Netherlands
      Posts
      4,438
      Likes
      5
      Quote Originally Posted by wer View Post
      JESUS CHRIST YOU FOOLS
      Man. that line should be in a SONG or something. It really flows.


      - its already officially accepted in the scientific community that phenomena such as ESP exist!
      I'll break it down for you:

      1) N.

      2) O.

      I am wrong? Then why not make yourself a million dollar?!
      http://www.randi.org/research/challenge.html Just show them your super-powers, or your mom's super powers, and will get a million!

      Of course they don't know how it works, but thats beyond the point! There is simply to much evidence supporting this type of phenomena... I mean the most brilliant thinkers of all time believed that consciousness wasn't just part of the brain. Even Einstein had his theory of non-locality...
      Some of the greatest minds believed in a flying-zombie-god-son! Some of the greatest minds of the ancient greeks and romans believed the earth was FLAT! :0

      Haven't you read about Project Star Gate?
      lol.

      Best, name, ever.

      really.

      Haven't you read the HUNDREDS of THOUSANDS of reports from people who have experienced psychic phenomena? Do you ACTUALLY think that they are all lying? And don't you ask yourself the question: if I'm just random flurry of brain activity, then why the fuck do I have free will?
      No, the people are just stupid, and easily misguided. Fact is, that there HAVE been a lot of tests in the field of supernatural powers. You just ignore that, because it doesn't back up your theory that it ISN'T bullcrap, made up by delusional and bored people

      Also, you can't prove free will, so don't drag in this metaphysical "WE NEED 2 HAVE SUPER POWERZ YO, OR HOW CAN I LIKE THINK?!" argument : )

      You can call me nuts, crazy, insane, mad or lost, but it doesn't even touch me. Imagine how I feel - here I am, 100% possitive that psionics and extra-consciousness exist, and here you are, completely clueless and completely close minded, unable to accept anything that isn't completely obvious, throwing all these rude and stupid remarks that only add on to how ignorant I think you are. DO YOU THINK I'VE NEVER BEEN A SKEPTIC?!? Don't give me that bullshit, I wanted psionics to exist before I knew they were real, but I also kept strict skeptism to the whole ordeal, until, of course, I finally found some proof (not to mention with several witnesses).
      Well, comes to shows who's the silly person here. Glad to see you are 100% sure. I guess you defy simple rules of logic, like how you can somehow be certain that your not in the matrix or something, or that you have been very cleverly lied to. Basically the point I am getting is, is that your 100% absolutism just kicks you in your own nuts. Everyone that ever says they are 100% certain about something are exaggerating or lieing. You can't be 100% certain about Anything, really.


      What concerns me is that you seem like you don't even WANT there to be more to life then whats right in front of your face. Guess what, answers are not going to come to you without any effort. You have to want to find it.
      Haha. Wow, just when I though you couldn't sink lower. What does this have to do with anything? Did you ever decided weather something was likely, depending on how muck you liked it? Wow, great science there, einstein would be proud!

      Anyhow, nice rant man, maybe take a chill-pill or something? The fact of the matter is, that there has never been a single documented case of ANY psychic-guy, telekinesis-guy, bending-spoons-guy or ANYTHING. By claiming some lame tricks are psychic powers you are just making yourself look silly. Look into what potential human beings have Without any supernatural stuff.

      Well, try, do Try to give me a single proper Proof of psycic powers. Man, if there was good evidence, no-one could logically deny, all the clergymen and new-age-twats and any group that hungers for metaphysical lies would be so much in everyone's face, they would spam more than a monkey on crack.

      yeah?

      Good. Bye now!

      ...Wait... I am feeling strange... There... there is blood comming out of my ear... oh crap, what is this, Wha-- ARHHHHH!!! MY BRAIN!!! MY BRAIN IS MELTING!!! IT ARE HIS PSI-POWERS!!! ARHHHH!!!!!!---------

      “What a peculiar privilege has this little agitation of the brain which we call 'thought'” -Hume

    3. #53
      Consciousness in the Void Universal Mind's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2004
      Gender
      Location
      The Eternal Paradox
      Posts
      12,853
      Likes
      1031
      SolSkye, what you said was a major crock. Wikipedia gives Jackson statistics from 2000, at which point the black population was 68.83% (See "Demographics"). What were you talking about?

      http://209.85.165.104/search?q=cache...lnk&cd=3&gl=us

      Does the bullshit ever stop?
      Quote Originally Posted by really View Post
      God cannot destroy himself because He is Omnipotent.


    4. #54
      wer
      wer is offline
      Observer wer's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2003
      LD Count
      10+
      Gender
      Location
      in harmonic contradiction
      Posts
      732
      Likes
      0
      Quote Originally Posted by Universal Mind View Post
      Does the bullshit ever stop?
      I guess not...

      However:

      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stargate_Project

      http://jeff.zaadz.com/blog/2006/5/esp_controversy

      http://skepdic.com/remotevw.html

      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Extra-sensory_perception

      http://www.flathatnews.com/news/395/...s-to-close-lab

      http://www.newint.org/issue237/future.htm

      http://www.remoteviewinghistory.com/...institute.html

      http://anson.ucdavis.edu/~utts/azpsi.html

      -------------

      Any skeptics on this forum, whether you are a positive or a negative one, please read a couple of these articles at least. Read the evidence. Read about the experiments and the amazing results, and read about how they were not accepted because people were not willing to accept what was set right in front of them. I'm not a childish daydreamer. I'm no religious fanattic. I simply look for the truth. If the truth happened to be that we are a bunch of biological mess, then I would accept it. But thats not the case. Thats not what I've seen. I spent a long time not able to accept the things I saw. I spent a long time in a great deal of confusion, not knowing what to think or what to believe, not even able to accept what I saw with my own two eyes. Hell, I even had witnesses. I know how hard it is to accept, so I understand where all these skeptics are coming from. Really, I do. But please, everyone, please, let us discuss this like mature and advanced intellectuals. All I ask is that all the skeptics here hear what I have to say, just listen and be a skeptic, a positive skeptic who isn't trying to necessarily try as hard as they can to disprove something and put down something that they can not honestly say with 100% of their being that it does not exist, because when you do that you are no longer a skeptic.

      Lets try to keep this a friendly topic for now on. I'll listen to any good points that are thrown at me, and I'll consider them without ego and the illusions it carries with it. All I ask is for everyone else to do the same. This should not be a bashing fest between skeptics and believers, this should be a constructive argument where we actually get somewhere.

      I'm sorry for all the insults I threw at certain people on this thread. Now, please, Mark75, Neruo and every one else who agrees with their theory, please read at least one of the articles I posted and tell me what you think without the hostility. Some of them are better then others.
      Last edited by wer; 08-16-2007 at 05:23 AM.
      "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: his eyes are closed."
      - Albert Einstein
      "We're so engaged in doing things to achieve purposes of outer value that we forget the inner value, the rapture that is associated with being alive, is what it is all about."
      -Joseph Campbell
      "He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would fully suffice. This disgrace to civilisation should be done away with at once. Heroism at command, senseless brutality, deplorable love-of-country stance, how violently I hate all this, how despicable and ignoble war is; I would rather be torn to shreds than be part of so base an action! It is my conviction that killing under the cloak of war is nothing but an act of murder."
      -Albert Einstein

    5. #55
      Beyond the Poles Cyclic13's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2005
      Gender
      Location
      Everywhere and Nowhere at once
      Posts
      1,908
      Likes
      39
      I didn't pull that number out of my ass, I got it when we last argued about your podunk town. Since that time, someone must've either edited it or I somehow got it off of another part mistakenly. The number I had looks closer to the Mississippi state numbers. Click on Race and Ethnicity...but that's besides the point, as usual.

      It still doesnt change the fact that you are proud of a city that has no direct correlation to yourself in the here and now. In typical UM style, you continually divert the issue at hand- the one that your life has no purpose or excitement so you must refer to the past accomplishments of others in order to feel some fulfillment for yourself now...how absolutely PATHETIC!

      Where's a link showing me how active and innovative a city it is today? Exactly my point. Now, go back to your sad level of boredom and stagnation in your backwater town.
      Last edited by Cyclic13; 08-16-2007 at 05:36 AM.


      The Art of War
      <---> Videos
      Remember: be open to anything, but question everything
      "These paradoxical perceptions of our holonic higher mind are but finite fleeting constructs of the infinite ties that bind." -ME

    6. #56
      Consciousness in the Void Universal Mind's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2004
      Gender
      Location
      The Eternal Paradox
      Posts
      12,853
      Likes
      1031
      Quote Originally Posted by wer View Post
      I was not calling paranormal notions bullshit. I was saying it about SolSkye's false demographics statistics regarding Jackson on top of all of the other things he says with hostility while not knowing what the Hell he is talking about.

      I don't completely rule out paranormal abilities and have at times seen some suggestions that some of them might be for real. I just haven't seen any of them proven and don't understand why nobody has picked up the award money that has been offered to anybody who can prove paranormal ability under strict lab conditions. That's about as far as my passion for the debate goes. I'm not opinionated enough on that topic to debate it.

      Quote Originally Posted by SolSkye View Post
      I didn't pull that number out of my ass, I got it when we last argued about your podunk town. Since that time, someone must've either edited it or I somehow got it off of another part mistakenly. The number I had looks closer to the Mississippi state numbers. Click on Race and Ethnicity...but that's besides the point, as usual.
      Do you ever consider getting your information from anywhere other than your own anal canal?

      Quote Originally Posted by SolSkye View Post

      In typical UM style, you continually divert the issue at hand- the one that your life has no purpose or excitement so you must refer to the past accomplishments of others in order to feel some fulfillment for yourself now...how absolutely PATHETIC!
      You apparently have no idea what a counterargument is or else are too chicken or unequipped to ever try to counter one. Every time I use one on you, you act like you have forgotten what the topic is. Speaking of which...

      Quote Originally Posted by Universal Mind View Post
      Science is the art of reducing leaps of faith as much as possible. It is a system that involves testing and supporting theories. Nothing is ever fully proven. Theories are only supported, and the strength of each is a matter of probability. Religion does not involve that. Religion is not about faith leap reduction. It is just about faith leaping.
      Well?

      http://youtube.com/watch?v=7eSzE3QJR...elated&search=
      Last edited by Universal Mind; 08-16-2007 at 05:40 AM.
      Quote Originally Posted by really View Post
      God cannot destroy himself because He is Omnipotent.


    7. #57
      Beyond the Poles Cyclic13's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2005
      Gender
      Location
      Everywhere and Nowhere at once
      Posts
      1,908
      Likes
      39
      Yea, he unfortunately came here to initiate some off-topic arguments with me because he can't admit to himself he lives in a backwater country bumpkin town with nothing going for him or those around him...a sad little shell of a man living WAY too proud of a town that's accomplishments have long since been history....much like his life. EX-social worker...EX-cool guy...quit living in the past.

      PS. I left the other threads with you and said I wanted nothing to do with your country bumpkin ass...give it up. I'm not going to argue with you. I'd be more than happy to counter anyone else's points. But, you sir, are a complete loser. a 35 year old hick caught in the past, too narrow-minded and blind to even admit it. Pfft...proud of living in Jackson, Mississippi and nothing to show for it!?!?...what a joke...
      Last edited by Cyclic13; 08-16-2007 at 06:00 AM.


      The Art of War
      <---> Videos
      Remember: be open to anything, but question everything
      "These paradoxical perceptions of our holonic higher mind are but finite fleeting constructs of the infinite ties that bind." -ME

    8. #58
      wer
      wer is offline
      Observer wer's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2003
      LD Count
      10+
      Gender
      Location
      in harmonic contradiction
      Posts
      732
      Likes
      0
      Quote Originally Posted by Universal Mind View Post
      I was not calling paranormal notions bullshit. I was saying it about SolSkye's false demographics statistics regarding Jackson on top of all of the other things he says with hostility while not knowing what the Hell he is talking about.

      I don't completely rule out paranormal abilities and have at times seen some suggestions that some of them might be for real. I just haven't seen any of them proven and don't understand why nobody has picked up the award money that has been offered to anybody who can prove paranormal ability under strict lab conditions. That's about as far as my passion for the debate goes. I'm not opinionated enough on that topic to debate it.
      Well, I appreciate your positive skepticism. As far as why people haven't token peoples Randi challenge I can not honestly say, but I would be surprised if he was a total fraud. His prize is in bonds though, thats for certain. I don't see a reason why I shouldn't enter his little challenge when the time is right and I can do something big enough for his standards, whatever they are, even if his prize is in bonds. I guess we'll just have to wait, won't we?

      As far as you comment on why people haven't proven it in strict lab conditions, well, thats not a valid question because people have. The links I gave are all about that. Theres not much more proof you can get then astounding statistics. I haven't heard about psychokinesis in the lab, but as for ESP its well known about all the studies that have been done. The problem is they have no idea how it works. At this time, there is no way to scientifically prove how ESP works, its possible that it can't, or at least the force behind it will never be visible anywhere but inside us. We can do things such as telekinesis that make it obvious that psychic phenomena exists, but as for scientific research on what force they used and how they did it, well, they can't.

      But that doesn't stop the fact that its there, happening and causing things that are seemingly unexplainable. All thats obvious is that whatever it is it stems from consciousness.
      "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: his eyes are closed."
      - Albert Einstein
      "We're so engaged in doing things to achieve purposes of outer value that we forget the inner value, the rapture that is associated with being alive, is what it is all about."
      -Joseph Campbell
      "He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would fully suffice. This disgrace to civilisation should be done away with at once. Heroism at command, senseless brutality, deplorable love-of-country stance, how violently I hate all this, how despicable and ignoble war is; I would rather be torn to shreds than be part of so base an action! It is my conviction that killing under the cloak of war is nothing but an act of murder."
      -Albert Einstein

    9. #59
      Consciousness in the Void Universal Mind's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2004
      Gender
      Location
      The Eternal Paradox
      Posts
      12,853
      Likes
      1031
      SolSkye, that's a kick ass counterargument to add to the discussion. False psychological analyses from the big weenie behind some of the most awful dance club noises imaginable are perfectly good substitutes for actual debate. You should be proud. You might not be proud of yourself, but I am damn proud of you.
      Quote Originally Posted by really View Post
      God cannot destroy himself because He is Omnipotent.


    10. #60
      Beyond the Poles Cyclic13's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2005
      Gender
      Location
      Everywhere and Nowhere at once
      Posts
      1,908
      Likes
      39
      You are forgetting that you were the one to bring in the off-topic noise here, and think that by tacking a one line response to the topic makes it worth refuting. I just settled what's what with the off-topic nonsense you brought.

      I'm quite honestly elated that our music goes over your head. I doubt anyone living in Jackson, Mississippi would have the perspective enough to understand any modern music from outside of Jackson. You still listen to Led Zeppelin on a daily basis for god's sake. Gee, can we say, caught in the past much?


      The Art of War
      <---> Videos
      Remember: be open to anything, but question everything
      "These paradoxical perceptions of our holonic higher mind are but finite fleeting constructs of the infinite ties that bind." -ME

    11. #61
      Consciousness in the Void Universal Mind's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2004
      Gender
      Location
      The Eternal Paradox
      Posts
      12,853
      Likes
      1031
      Quote Originally Posted by SolSkye View Post
      You are forgetting that you were the one to bring in the off-topic noise here, and think that by tacking a one line response to the topic makes it worth refuting. I just settled what's what with the off-topic nonsense you brought.

      I'm quite honestly elated that our music goes over your head. I doubt anyone living in Jackson, Mississippi would have the perspective enough to understand any modern music from outside of Jackson. You still listen to Led Zeppelin on a daily basis for god's sake. Gee, can we say, caught in the past much?
      Yes, I should stop listening to Led Zeppelin and start listening to SolSkye. That point totally makes up for your intellectual cowardice.
      Quote Originally Posted by really View Post
      God cannot destroy himself because He is Omnipotent.


    12. #62
      Banned
      Join Date
      Oct 2005
      Gender
      Posts
      4,571
      Likes
      1070
      Quote Originally Posted by wer View Post
      Wow. Your an idiot.

      Don't you people fucking see past whats what in front of you? Haven't you considered the possibility that our consciousness isn't just simply a flurry of random brain activity? JESUS CHRIST YOU FOOLS - its already officially accepted in the scientific community that phenomena such as ESP exist! Of course they don't know how it works, but thats beyond the point! There is simply to much evidence supporting this type of phenomena... I mean the most brilliant thinkers of all time believed that consciousness wasn't just part of the brain. Even Einstein had his theory of non-locality...

      Haven't you read about Project Star Gate? Haven't you read the HUNDREDS of THOUSANDS of reports from people who have experienced psychic phenomena? Do you ACTUALLY think that they are all lying? And don't you ask yourself the question: if I'm just random flurry of brain activity, then why the fuck do I have free will?

      You can call me nuts, crazy, insane, mad or lost, but it doesn't even touch me. Imagine how I feel - here I am, 100% possitive that psionics and extra-consciousness exist, and here you are, completely clueless and completely close minded, unable to accept anything that isn't completely obvious, throwing all these rude and stupid remarks that only add on to how ignorant I think you are. DO YOU THINK I'VE NEVER BEEN A SKEPTIC?!? Don't give me that bullshit, I wanted psionics to exist before I knew they were real, but I also kept strict skeptism to the whole ordeal, until, of course, I finally found some proof (not to mention with several witnesses).

      What concerns me is that you seem like you don't even WANT there to be more to life then whats right in front of your face. Guess what, answers are not going to come to you without any effort. You have to want to find it.
      Well, you convinced me. I was holding out for some decent reasons, but that speech was so moving, I'll just have to settle for rhetoric!
      Quote Originally Posted by SolSkye View Post
      PS. I left the other threads with you and said I wanted nothing to do with your country bumpkin ass...give it up. I'm not going to argue with you. I'd be more than happy to counter anyone else's points. But, you sir, are a complete loser. a 35 year old hick caught in the past, too narrow-minded and blind to even admit it. Pfft...proud of living in Jackson, Mississippi and nothing to show for it!?!?...what a joke...
      Come on, now, SolSkye. It's not the bumpkin's fault he's uncultured. The ones that really piss me off are these hollow snobs who spend their time validating their existences by attempting to one-up them in petty and uninformed e-arguments on who has "more culture".


      But there are very few black people in my town, so obviously I don't know what I'm talking about.

    13. #63
      Saddle Up Half/Dreaming's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 2007
      Gender
      Location
      Fiddler's Green
      Posts
      909
      Likes
      4
      I want to say its techno....but I can't be confident with that.

      Solskye, don't take this the wrong way, but your self-righteousness is appauling. You claim both your strange conspiracy theories and your music are "over my head". Smart people get ahead in life. If you're so much smarter than 99.9&#37; of us, then why are you not world famous?
      Still can't WILD........

    14. #64
      Beyond the Poles Cyclic13's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2005
      Gender
      Location
      Everywhere and Nowhere at once
      Posts
      1,908
      Likes
      39
      I'm not self-righteous. I never said my music was all this or that, nor did I say I was smarter. UM was the one to first do direct personal insults if I'm not mistaken which conceded his defeat. And, I just said I'm glad someone like him doesn't understand it. He lives in the past, afraid to admit it and start moving forward. I can give respect to Led Zeppelin but that was, what? some 40 years ago? There are plenty of other amazing groups out since then, you might want to try and look into some.

      We've only been at it for a little over a year, and I don't think things fall together that quickly. Especially from Japan. I would say things are moving forward at a nice pace, though.

      Keep defending someone in the wrong though. It's fun to watch your silly alliances.


      The Art of War
      <---> Videos
      Remember: be open to anything, but question everything
      "These paradoxical perceptions of our holonic higher mind are but finite fleeting constructs of the infinite ties that bind." -ME

    15. #65
      Banned
      Join Date
      Oct 2005
      Gender
      Posts
      4,571
      Likes
      1070
      There's no "alliance", everyone is just sick of you for being a pompous douche.

    16. #66
      Consciousness in the Void Universal Mind's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2004
      Gender
      Location
      The Eternal Paradox
      Posts
      12,853
      Likes
      1031
      Yeah, SolSkye, the fact that I like Led Zeppelin means I don't like or even know about any bands that came out after they broke up. You are so great at logic. I mean, I've even heard of SolSkye. But what I am so glad to learn is that SolSkye is going to be worth a shit LATER. Damn, the anticipation is going to be rough.

      Wait... SolSkye does not exist. Didn't you say reality is just an illusion? Dammit, you had me all worked up.
      Quote Originally Posted by really View Post
      God cannot destroy himself because He is Omnipotent.


    17. #67
      Beyond the Poles Cyclic13's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2005
      Gender
      Location
      Everywhere and Nowhere at once
      Posts
      1,908
      Likes
      39
      A pompous douche, eh? I never claimed I wasn't one when it was necessary. Gee, I wonder what all you guys are doing then? You guys must be proud members of PDA (Pompous Douche Anonymous). Can I join so I can be in denial, too?

      Awww, poor Universal. Resorting to attacking the only thing he knows about me, my music. The only thing is, when it comes from someone like you it can't possibly affect anyone worth a damn. Don't you see that by now? All I need to look at is what you do, and where you are from, and it's easy to see you have blinders on keeping you from having any real perspective.

      What I do know is, what I'm saying about you must be hitting home in some regard, because you just couldn't help yourself but to follow me all the way to this thread to continue 'discussing' it. hehe.
      Last edited by Cyclic13; 08-16-2007 at 06:54 AM.


      The Art of War
      <---> Videos
      Remember: be open to anything, but question everything
      "These paradoxical perceptions of our holonic higher mind are but finite fleeting constructs of the infinite ties that bind." -ME

    18. #68
      Banned
      Join Date
      Oct 2005
      Gender
      Posts
      4,571
      Likes
      1070
      Here's a thread for you, SolSkye, before this topic is locked:

      http://www.dreamviews.com/community/...ad.php?t=41887

    19. #69
      Beyond the Poles Cyclic13's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2005
      Gender
      Location
      Everywhere and Nowhere at once
      Posts
      1,908
      Likes
      39
      Locked? Nice. I hope a mod cleans up all this nonsense, not that this thread was so insightful or engaging in the first place.

      Was it good for you too, guys?


      The Art of War
      <---> Videos
      Remember: be open to anything, but question everything
      "These paradoxical perceptions of our holonic higher mind are but finite fleeting constructs of the infinite ties that bind." -ME

    20. #70
      wer
      wer is offline
      Observer wer's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2003
      LD Count
      10+
      Gender
      Location
      in harmonic contradiction
      Posts
      732
      Likes
      0
      God, didn't anyone read my plees for peaceful but constructive agruments?

      I leave and five minutes later there are 6 more post flamming each other.

      Lets all be intellectuals and keep the peace.
      "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: his eyes are closed."
      - Albert Einstein
      "We're so engaged in doing things to achieve purposes of outer value that we forget the inner value, the rapture that is associated with being alive, is what it is all about."
      -Joseph Campbell
      "He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would fully suffice. This disgrace to civilisation should be done away with at once. Heroism at command, senseless brutality, deplorable love-of-country stance, how violently I hate all this, how despicable and ignoble war is; I would rather be torn to shreds than be part of so base an action! It is my conviction that killing under the cloak of war is nothing but an act of murder."
      -Albert Einstein

    21. #71
      Banned
      Join Date
      Oct 2005
      Gender
      Posts
      4,571
      Likes
      1070
      Hi, welcome to the philosophy forum.

    22. #72
      Consciousness in the Void Universal Mind's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2004
      Gender
      Location
      The Eternal Paradox
      Posts
      12,853
      Likes
      1031
      Yeah, let's get back to the topic, even if SolSkye is still too scared to do that. No, SolSkye, I am talking about the actual topic of the thread, not how everybody in a city is exactly the same or the diagnostic criteria for Narcissistic Personality Disorder http://www.halcyon.com/jmashmun/npd/dsm-iv.html or anything like that. So, what was it you were saying about the synonymous nature of leaps of faith and the systematic reduction of faith leaping? Give me some "real perspective". I haven't seen it from you yet. All I hear from you are barking and bwocking. Tell us about that complete parallel between science and non-science. I believe were were here...

      Quote Originally Posted by Universal Mind View Post
      Science is the art of reducing leaps of faith as much as possible. It is a system that involves testing and supporting theories. Nothing is ever fully proven. Theories are only supported, and the strength of each is a matter of probability. Religion does not involve that. Religion is not about faith leap reduction. It is just about faith leaping.
      Last edited by Universal Mind; 08-16-2007 at 08:07 AM.
      Quote Originally Posted by really View Post
      God cannot destroy himself because He is Omnipotent.


    23. #73
      Member Indecent Exposure's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 2006
      Location
      Stoke, England
      Posts
      1,226
      Likes
      14
      Why all the hate and anger, somebody discuss the possibility or the imposiblity of the paranormal with logic and sense, deliberate sneibly and explain your point snad you'll find the discussion will flow much more smoothly. And stop being so racist SolSkye.
      "...You want to reclaim your mind and get it out of the hands of the cultural engineers who want to turn you into a half-baked moron consuming all this trash that's being manufactured out of the bones of a dying world..." - Terence McKenna

      Previously known as imran_p

    24. #74
      Consciousness in the Void Universal Mind's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2004
      Gender
      Location
      The Eternal Paradox
      Posts
      12,853
      Likes
      1031
      Quote Originally Posted by imran_p View Post
      Why all the hate and anger, somebody discuss the possibility or the imposiblity of the paranormal with logic and sense, deliberate sneibly and explain your point snad you'll find the discussion will flow much more smoothly. And stop being so racist SolSkye.
      Quote Originally Posted by Universal Mind View Post
      I don't completely rule out paranormal abilities and have at times seen some suggestions that some of them might be for real. I just haven't seen any of them proven and don't understand why nobody has picked up the award money that has been offered to anybody who can prove paranormal ability under strict lab conditions.
      Why has nobody earned the award?
      Last edited by Universal Mind; 08-16-2007 at 09:46 PM.
      Quote Originally Posted by really View Post
      God cannot destroy himself because He is Omnipotent.


    25. #75
      Member Indecent Exposure's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 2006
      Location
      Stoke, England
      Posts
      1,226
      Likes
      14
      i defintely agree with you, but Im lost at what your point is.
      Im not saying either one of you is correct Im saying chill out with all the hate and personal attacks.
      Everybody should just listen to that wer guy, hes acting the most sensibly, asking for sensible and constructive debate.
      "...You want to reclaim your mind and get it out of the hands of the cultural engineers who want to turn you into a half-baked moron consuming all this trash that's being manufactured out of the bones of a dying world..." - Terence McKenna

      Previously known as imran_p

    Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

    Bookmarks

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •