• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views




    Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Results 1 to 25 of 46
    1. #1
      Emotionally unsatisfied. Sandform's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2007
      Gender
      Location
      Texas
      Posts
      4,299
      Likes
      23

      Fundies say the darndest things.

      http://www.fstdt.com/

      This is pretty funny, and a good reason for everyone who surfs through the R/S forum to think about what they say.

      Fun examples...

      Quote Originally Posted by Zaphod

      I have no apologetic methods. I simply express what I have had revealed to me through MY inner discussions with Christ, where I let Him do most of the talking and I shut up and listen.
      Quote Originally Posted by arrow

      I get scared when people say things like that. The heart is decietful and wicked. If you want to listen to God, read His Word.
      Quote Originally Posted by zaphod
      I may point out in Scripture where something is cogently said, but I never reply to a question like "Why do you believe God exists?" by saying "Because the Scriptures say so." First, it's not very convincing,
      Quote Originally Posted by arrow

      Scripture says it is.



      Saddest part is they are both christians.

      Anyway, if everyone doesn't keep their mouth shut who knows where your qoutes will end up!
      Last edited by Sandform; 05-25-2008 at 02:27 PM.

    2. #2
      Banned
      Join Date
      Jul 2007
      Gender
      Location
      The Weak and the Wounded
      Posts
      4,925
      Likes
      485
      "There is a huge difference between angels and fairies. There are sane people who believe in angels, and I'm not so sure a sane person would believe in fairies. Angels are messengers from God, and some of them have wings and some of them don't. They are strong, powerful, spirit beings. Fairies are just magical and someone's imagination"

    3. #3
      Emotionally unsatisfied. Sandform's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2007
      Gender
      Location
      Texas
      Posts
      4,299
      Likes
      23
      Quote Originally Posted by someone?
      [On Richard Dawkin's book The God Delusion.]

      YOu do not really expect that Christians are going to read dribble like that do you?

      The thing about Dawkins is that everything is black and white. What he believes is either true or false. There either is a God or there is no God. Atheism is either true or false. There is no middle ground and there are no doubts.

      To many people try to compromise and end up being luke warm. But you are either in or out with God, you are either for Him or against Him. You are either a friend of God or an enemy of God
      Quote Originally Posted by someoneelse
      Please give an example of when nothing but energy is converted into mass, other than the Big Bang. Thank you.

      [Particle accelerators can do it.]

      Sorry, but there was no particle accelerator at the beginning of the universe. So it's impossible for energy to be converted into mass because energy doesn't contain mass. But mass does contain energy so mass can be converted into energy. But energy cannot be converted into mass unless acted upon by mass. It therefore cannot create mass. So the converse of Einstein's theory is untrue. Sorry.
      hahah
      Last edited by Sandform; 05-25-2008 at 02:34 PM.

    4. #4
      Banned
      Join Date
      Jul 2007
      Gender
      Location
      The Weak and the Wounded
      Posts
      4,925
      Likes
      485
      "One of the most basic laws in the universe is the Second Law of Thermodynamics. This states that as time goes by, entropy in an environment will increase. Evolution argues differently against a law that is accepted EVERYWHERE BY EVERYONE. Evolution says that we started out simple, and over time became more complex. That just isn't possible: UNLESS there is a giant outside source of energy supplying the Earth with huge amounts of energy. If there were such a source, scientists would certainly know about it."

    5. #5
      Banned
      Join Date
      Jul 2007
      Gender
      Location
      The Weak and the Wounded
      Posts
      4,925
      Likes
      485
      "Gravity: Doesn't exist. If items of mass had any impact of others, then mountains should have people orbiting them. Or the space shuttle in space should have the astronauts orbiting it. Of course, that's just the tip of the gravity myth. Think about it. Scientists want us to believe that the sun has a gravitation pull strong enough to keep a planet like neptune or pluto in orbit, but then it's not strong enough to keep the moon in orbit? Why is that? What I believe is going on here is this: These objects in space have yet to receive mans touch, and thus have no sin to weigh them down. This isn't the case for earth, where we see the impact of transfered sin to material objects. The more sin, the heavier something is."

    6. #6
      Emotionally unsatisfied. Sandform's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2007
      Gender
      Location
      Texas
      Posts
      4,299
      Likes
      23
      http://christianforums.com/showthread.php?p=31497824

      [Just because something contradicts your personal belief does not make it false.]
      Quote Originally Posted by foehammer
      Actually it does.
      [In other words, reality contradicts your dogma, so you decide, rather than changing your dogma, to invoke "magic" as the answer.]
      Quote Originally Posted by foehammer
      There is nothing in reality that contradicts Genesis.

      Lol. I like his sig even bettter..


      I'm with AV1611VET, GOD DID IT --- CASE CLOSED.

      ĹEvolutionary theory predicts nothing, not even a nested hierarchy. Rather, the theory adapts to data like a fog adapts to landscapeĺ Walter J. Remine

    7. #7
      Member dragonoverlord's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 2005
      Gender
      Location
      not in spain
      Posts
      1,553
      Likes
      1
      Dam you meddling atheists, you'll get your just deserts...IN HELL!!!!!! "shakes fists wildly"
      Some are born to sweet deleight
      Some are born to endless night

    8. #8
      Emotionally unsatisfied. Sandform's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2007
      Gender
      Location
      Texas
      Posts
      4,299
      Likes
      23
      Quote Originally Posted by dragonoverlord View Post
      Dam you meddling atheists, you'll get your just deserts...IN HELL!!!!!! "shakes fists wildly"
      Hehe, faith is a two way street.


    9. #9
      Member
      Join Date
      Dec 2007
      Gender
      Posts
      1,833
      Likes
      6
      Quote Originally Posted by Sandform View Post
      http://www.fstdt.com/

      This is pretty funny, and a good reason for everyone who surfs through the R/S forum to think about what they say.
      Right, so people shouldn't express Theistic views or they will be posted on some website? Talk about hinderance of free speech.

    10. #10
      Emotionally unsatisfied. Sandform's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2007
      Gender
      Location
      Texas
      Posts
      4,299
      Likes
      23
      Quote Originally Posted by psychology student View Post
      Right, so people shouldn't express Theistic views or they will be posted on some website? Talk about hinderance of free speech.
      Gee, I wonder why I said EVERYONE. There are more than just anti-fundie sites.

      Edit: Also, how is "thinking about wat you say" a hinderence of free speech?
      Last edited by Sandform; 05-25-2008 at 04:02 PM.

    11. #11
      Sleeping Dragon juroara's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 2006
      Gender
      Location
      San Antonio, TX
      Posts
      3,865
      Likes
      1171
      DJ Entries
      144
      some of these statements are so shocking, I can not fathom a human being saying them

      others however are purely spiritual statements and are not fundamentalist in nature, but ring true with spiritual christians everywhere.

      "TriggerHappy, I find it sad that you would deny what your own heart tells you. It is a plain fact that every human being has innate ôGod-knowledgeö. It is this spiritual aspect of ourselves that connects us all to Jesus Christ. You and Mr Hallquist are merely in denial."

      this person is simply saying, listen to your heart. and that your heart is 'God-knowledge'. there is nothing fundamentalist about this statement, nor is there anything harmful about this message. this message puts all human beings on the same level, the same page, and does not raise christians above others. but rather it means, we are all equal, because we all have access to God-Knowledge from within. And if we all have this access, what then is not necessary to know God-knowledge? THE BIBLE.

      this person however did not choose the best words for their statement

      a fundie is a fundie because they rely purely on the bible. this statement would negate the need to have a bible, because your heart is good enough to know such truth.

      a real fundie statement would say just the opposite. it would say "you can not listen to your heart, because only the bible has God-Knowledge"

      im even shocked that it received a 4.5 rating.

    12. #12
      Emotionally unsatisfied. Sandform's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2007
      Gender
      Location
      Texas
      Posts
      4,299
      Likes
      23
      I think it was the fact that he/she was saying that we all have "God-knowledge" but we are just denying it. Like...Like we are looking at the a door but then denying there is a door there at all.

    13. #13
      Member
      Join Date
      Dec 2007
      Gender
      Posts
      1,833
      Likes
      6
      Quote Originally Posted by Sandform View Post
      Gee, I wonder why I said EVERYONE. There are more than just anti-fundie sites.
      But, did you post any of them? Nope.

    14. #14
      I LOVE KAOSSILATOR Serkat's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2005
      Posts
      2,609
      Likes
      2
      Quote Originally Posted by psychology student View Post
      But, did you post any of them? Nope.
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1eP84n-Lvw

      Ich brauche keine Waffe.

      Ich ermittle ausschlie▀lich mit dem Gehirn!

      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1eP84n-Lvw

    15. #15
      Member
      Join Date
      Dec 2007
      Gender
      Posts
      1,833
      Likes
      6
      So you response to my quarrel about free speech is to tell me to "Shut the Fuck up"?

    16. #16
      I LOVE KAOSSILATOR Serkat's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2005
      Posts
      2,609
      Likes
      2
      What the hell is your problem?
      Nobody is hindering your free speech.
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1eP84n-Lvw

      Ich brauche keine Waffe.

      Ich ermittle ausschlie▀lich mit dem Gehirn!

      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1eP84n-Lvw

    17. #17
      Member dragonoverlord's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 2005
      Gender
      Location
      not in spain
      Posts
      1,553
      Likes
      1
      Quote Originally Posted by psychology student View Post
      So you response to my quarrel about free speech is to tell me to "Shut the Fuck up"?
      This isn't about free speech this is just about some fundies making idiots themselvs with a straight face and we laugh at them. Where does freedom of speech come into this?
      Some are born to sweet deleight
      Some are born to endless night

    18. #18
      Banned
      Join Date
      May 2007
      LD Count
      Loads
      Gender
      Location
      Digital Forest.
      Posts
      6,864
      Likes
      385
      Quote Originally Posted by psychology student View Post
      Right, so people shouldn't express Theistic views or they will be posted on some website? Talk about hinderance of free speech.
      Shut up you Non Faery-Believing heathen!

    19. #19
      Member Bonsay's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 2006
      Gender
      Location
      In a pot.
      Posts
      2,706
      Likes
      60
      I don't want to annoy, but this has been posted before. Anyway...
      Fun fact: There are a few quotes from DV with quite high scores.
      C:\Documents and Settings\Akul\My Documents\My Pictures\Sig.gif

    20. #20
      Member
      Join Date
      Dec 2007
      Gender
      Posts
      1,833
      Likes
      6
      Ok sorry guys about the free speech thing. Can I ask a question? How comes the frequency of homosexuality is higher within the atheist demographic than the normal population? Because some Christian Science Journal told me it was.

    21. #21
      Member Scatterbrain's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2007
      Gender
      Posts
      1,729
      Likes
      90
      Non-religious gays think for themselves and see that there's no reason to repress their sexual orientation.


      It depends how you define Atheism. My definition of Atheism is one who is foolish period. But for you it might be different.

      Mystic7, Dreamviews
      He was such great fun.
      Last edited by Scatterbrain; 05-25-2008 at 11:24 PM.
      - Are you an idiot?
      - No sir, I'm a dreamer.

    22. #22
      Member
      Join Date
      Dec 2007
      Gender
      Posts
      1,833
      Likes
      6
      Quote Originally Posted by Scatterbrain View Post
      Non-religious gays think for themselves and see that there's no reason to repress their sexual orientation.
      Are they thinking for themselves? Or just listening to their genes?

    23. #23
      Banned
      Join Date
      May 2007
      LD Count
      Loads
      Gender
      Location
      Digital Forest.
      Posts
      6,864
      Likes
      385
      Oh yes, definitley the genes.

      Because those little buggers are concious entities that can sway opinions on theoretical things

    24. #24
      Member Scatterbrain's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2007
      Gender
      Posts
      1,729
      Likes
      90
      Quote Originally Posted by psychology student View Post
      Are they thinking for themselves? Or just listening to their genes?
      The genes (probably) decide the sexual orientation, the individual concludes that there's no reason to repress the orientation and that doing so may in fact bring harm.
      - Are you an idiot?
      - No sir, I'm a dreamer.

    25. #25
      Truth Seeker <span class='glow_9400D3'>LucidDreamGod</span>'s Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 2004
      Gender
      Location
      US
      Posts
      2,257
      Likes
      43
      DJ Entries
      4
      Reading these makes me feel smart , I also get a kick out of the conspiracy theorists one and the racists. But it saddens me that humans can think these things, without questioning them as much as they should.



      I wanna be the very best
      Like no one ever was
      To lucid dream is my real test
      To control them is my cause


    Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

    Bookmarks

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •