• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Smile The Mind Portal as a Powerful Dream Map!

Hello,

I would like to present some work of mine that I call the Mind Portal. What is the Mind Portal? I will post a picture before answering.

(click on thumbnail to enlarge)

The Mind Portal is essentially a one-year time map calendar graph on a single sheet configured into a spiral attractor that can be used in many different ways. If it is used to gather information about one’s self, then it is being used as a Mind Portal. This includes means such as keeping tracking of the days, which makes it a Day Map Mind Portal; keeping track of the dreams, which makes is a Dream Map Mind Portal; or keeping track of other personal information. It can also be used for other purposes. Here, we will focus on using it as a Dream Map.

I intend to use 3 codes eventually; at the moment I am using two. I began by configuring a code by which I can review how my time occurred as I participated in it. This I called the Day Map. The picture above shows the size of this map, which is about 3 feet in circumference, providing space enough to place information into. Each unit represents one day, like on a normal calendar. In this approach, the concentric lines emanating from the center are the Dream Lines. Here, I use a coded system to write down my dreams, which works to help me remember them and see where they are occurring in relation with the day’s activity as these patterns unfold in time. In between the dream lines I place the day’s information.

I recently began a new approach, one that I have been keeping in mind for several years now. It is the Dream Map. In this approach each unit is a night where dreaming takes place. I can then see the sequences and patterns of my dreaming, which helps me to get in touch with my subconscious. The code for this is really easy; there is none. I simply draw a little picture in representing a scene from the dream I had, or if I can; several little pictures to represent different parts of the dream. I have found that by doing this and later looking at the pictures, I can instantly recall the dream I had at that time. It works.

By jozenbo at 2008-01-22
      (A blank Time Map, which can be used however one so desires and sees fit)

How well does it work? I have not tested this for over a year yet, so I can’t say exactly. I am thus far about 50 days into the map. I can testify to my experience for 50 days. I have found that when I start to track the dreams in consistently, I begin to dream every single night. The act brings the dreaming focus to my mind’s attention, and makes dreaming almost 100% likely to occur. In fact, when I was tracking I found that there was not a single night that I didn’t forget my dream, and that I was conscious and aware each night while keeping track. I then stopped for about 2 weeks and noted that then I stopped dreaming so consistently. I am now resuming my dreaming tracks. I am using a 3-foot circumference map for the Dream Map, just as I do for the Day Map. The very act of writing the dream into a picture brings the memory of the dream into the mind’s focus, putting the person in more touch with their dreaming mind.

I suspect that this can be used to go very far into the dreaming process. If mixed with various exercises (I have learned many) I suspect it could be a useful aid in gaining dream mastery, and it could also be very useful for seeing connections in the dreaming process, as patterns show up and as certain dreams tend to reoccur. I haven’t taken a picture of the full sized dream map I am in the middle of tracking in, but I will soon do this and share it as an example of what a real dream map looks like. For now, I prepared an example of a dream map about 3 or 4 years ago, it is much smaller, yet these simple little pictures alone can cause me to remember dreams instantly, as I mixed some pictures from real dreams I had in with made up ones. I later noted that even though these symbols are very simple, when I look at the real ones I can instantly recall the dream they represent.

By jozenbo at 2008-03-27
      (this is an example of a dream map I made a few years ago, by now I am working on a real map that is full sized, as this one was only a normal page size, and it still provided enough space to track, the full sized one is much bigger)

Now we come to one of the other interesting aspects of this map. It can be spun! Doing this turns the Dream Map (which is a spiral) into a optical tunnel that communicates the dreams and bridges the subconscious with the conscious. I have yet to spin a Dream Map, but if it works the same way as that of spinning a Day Map (which I have spun many times now), then it should amplify the results of what the map focuses on, in this case Dreams! I suspect that this could provide a powerful means to not only mapping out the dream patterns as our minds make them, but to mapping out the process of mastering dreams itself; though this would also have to include dreaming exercises, which the map and its spinning should amplify TREMENDOUSLY.

I am very busy, life isn’t always a day at the beach; I juggle time all the time. This isn’t going to stop me from catching up on my dream map, which is currently 2 weeks behind. When I was tracking, I was dreaming every single night. When I stopped tracking, I noticed that at least 10 days passed by without a single dream. Now it is time to get back on track with this dream map, dreaming is VERY IMPORTANT. It helps me to understand myself, to get in touch with the deeper parts of my consciousness, and to know where those hidden motives are, buried in the emotional ocean of my consciousness. Knowing about them helps me to not be controlled by them, and to live more peacefully with my self and with others. In my opinion, dreaming itself is a very important part of the Enlightenment waking up process, without mastering dreams; one is not fully there yet.

I will now share a link where this map can be downloaded for free, as I am sincere in my effort to help others to achieve a better understanding of self, as for one is for all. When even a single person can reach a better state of mind, then so is everyone else affected. Your successes reach into the collective mind of life, making everyone else better off. I hope many people get the most they can out of this. Also, in this link there is a Manual I wrote in two parts free for the downloading, it explains a lot about the Mind Portal, focusing on its overall different uses, which includes Dream Mapping. The 36x38 files are for American printing standards (for full sized prints), and the A0 are for European printing standards. Please feel free to download these free files and have fun mapping out your dreams. Thank You!

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=4...9217640d402c70
      (Link to free Map downloads)

Sincerely,
      Jozen-Bo
      Last edited by Jozen-Bo; 05-28-2008 at 09:53 PM.

Member Achievements:
      Referrer Bronze 1000 Hall Points Veteran First Class

This is just interesting enough to work. I am considering using this.

Skypedia
      Very interesting, where do I find more info about this?
      And why does it need to spin?

This reminds me of the art of memory of Giordani Bruno.. he claimed you could reach enlightment through the art of memory.

The two most famous users of the art of memory were Giulio Camillo and Giordano Bruno. Bruno wrote a book on the subject and advised that the “images [that were chosen] must be lively, active, striking, charged with emotional effects so that they may pass through the door of the storehouse of memory”. Intriguingly, Bruno proposed the zodiac tool, rather than the theatre/palace tool. He created an elaborate method, which was based on the combination of the concentric circles of Ramon Lull, and filled these with the images representing all the knowledge of the world. Bruno – and his peers – believed that these “spinning discs of the mind” would allow the mind to reach the intelligible world beyond appearances, and thus enable one to powerfully influence events in the real world – magic: they were mind machines that would somehow send the mind spinning so fast that it would move into another dimension.
      Last edited by ChaybaChayba; 05-29-2008 at 02:24 PM.

LD Count
      Tons
      Bay Area, California
      DJ Entries
      Brilliant. I love the layout. The spiral makes sense. It shows the progression in order, but also collapsing into itself. I can see how this could cause some interesting patterns to become more obvious. I've got an oversize printer, so I think I'll print this out and give it a try.

Thanks for sharing all your work in this

Learning Achievements:
      1000 Hall Points Veteran First Class
      Everywhere
      This seems really interesting. I'll download and see what I can do.
      Thanks a lot!

EDIT: I have been reading other forums where you've posted this.

As to the Mind Portal...I haven't spun it in the last 3 monthes, and there was another 9 month gap as well. Tonight I am going to resume by putting the year of 2005-2006 on a wheel and spinning it. I will then patiently catch myself up to the current. Then things get real exciting!!!!
      So you are saying that this "mind portal" works as a diary where you revive all your old memories by spinning it?

I'll catch up with your instructions and come back with more questions soon. I'm all hyped up now!
      Thanks a lot, again.
      Last edited by bolognese; 05-29-2008 at 03:58 AM.

Interesting....

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Exhalent View Post
      This is just interesting enough to work. I am considering using this.
      Thank you! Should you decide to use this you'll find that it is a lot of fun. Also, there are no rules really; other then the rules we provide or follow as we set them up for ourself. One of the nice things about the dream code, is that it takes very little time to work with, it doesn't need to be planned out like the day code, and tracking takes only 3-5 minutes (if not less).

Quote Originally Posted by ChaybaChayba View Post
      Very interesting, where do I find more info about this?
      And why does it need to spin?

This reminds me of the art of memory of Giordani Bruno.. he claimed you could reach enlightment through the art of memory.

Thank You! If you want to find out more about this, simply type in the Mind Portal under Google. After what I have experienced personally I am trying me best to share what I can. There are many places I have posted, most of them focusing on the day code, which can get very complicated and very heavy....deep. It is literally a trip in every sense of the word. Here I would like to stay focused on the dream mapping use of the Mind Portal, as I have been aware for a long time now that this is very much worth investigating. It simply feels so.

I do plan on stopping at one point, and going no further; as this takes a lot of time and energy to move about in digital space land and encounter so many different communities. Not all of them are so friendly, and there is fear and misunderstanding regarding the Mind Portal when used as a day tracker. Its very soothing to come here and focus on dreams, which aren't so confusion to discuss considering that the dream code is no code.

Beyond what I have provided, there is no where on the planet where you can find more information about this, believe me when I say I have looked. I have looked. There are no records, no files, no studies, nothing. Its new, its a discovery, and its an adventure. We who use this time map for mapping out dreams or days or other personal informations are pioneers, delving into an area no one has ever gone before. I was excited when I first began to see the potentials of this map I unveiled, and as I worked with it more, I found that I am more excited now then when I first began. It keeps getting more exciting, especially every time I have a break through experience and perceive things that we are told we should not be able to perceive.

It doesn't NEED to spin, doing so amplifies its affects and produces other affects. Everything in the Universe spins, all particles, planets, stars, black holes, even human thoughts and electric currents, whirlpools, and all other things. Spinning is a essential feature of reality, it spins out of nothing to make itself real. Also, spirals are an essential geometric shape of ALL LIFE, no one can find a single form of life that is divorced of spirals, its in DNA, its in the particles, its in the stars (as they burn out...this graphs out an attractor, which is a spiral), and all other things that exist within time...time itself is spiral.

I didn't have a wheel for the first year I tracked, and towards the end of the year I had an experience that has forever changed my life. I entered another reality that was neither a dream nor awake. It was somewhere in the middle. I have had lucid dreams before, and this in many ways like that, though it was more real then anything I ever remember. When I compare it to being awake, waking reality is a blurry fuzzy place in comparison. When I compare it to the most lucid dreams I have had, it was more substantial then any of them. This came about from using the day code for almost a year, which requires one to observe with care their own activities, habits, and living patterns (it also includes a dream code- that operates on a coded structure).

Spinning this map produces powerful affects on the consciousness. Why? Why does everything spin? Why is our DNA and all life fundamentally built on attraction and spiral shapes? Its universal, spinning is accessing nature's geometry and actively engaging in its process. It speeds things up. You don't have to spin, but if you do you will find that these words hold true. I am very excited myself about spinning the Dream Map, which I have yet to do. If this works the way I see it working, then I will be able to master my dreams. Already, for the last 5 years I haven't had a single nightmare, and if I do have conflicts in my dreams, I am never defeated, nor am I ever afraid. Is this symbolic of something?

Regarding Giordani Bruno, I 100% agree with him based on my own life experiences. Without mastering our memory, how can we ever possibly be Enlightened? I will try to expose this be exaggerating a little; imagine if you can't remember what you did 1 minute ago...does this help? The Mind Portal is a Memory device, mapping out the Dreams and the Days is a process of exercising the Memory; from my own experiences doing this I have found that the memories that come are incredible, varied, multi-leveled, and so many. I even remember things that haven't happened yet at times (or at least it feels like this), and I am having more and more deja-vu each day.

Quote Originally Posted by Robot_Butler View Post
      Brilliant. I love the layout. The spiral makes sense. It shows the progression in order, but also collapsing into itself. I can see how this could cause some interesting patterns to become more obvious. I've got an oversize printer, so I think I'll print this out and give it a try.

Thanks for sharing all your work in this
      You got an over-sized printer!?! You are so lucky, they aren't cheap. I want to get one myself, but it will have to wait. There are so many things I would like to configure and experiment with, but every time I go to the print shop I have to fork out 4-5 Euro, so I am more careful about this. Feel free to give full sized copies to friends if you want. To me, the most important thing is to use this to benefit humanity; it is my earnest desire to do this, as when I look around at this world I see so much needless suffering it is clearly that our planet is suffering from a lack of conscious development. The Mind Portal is a serious and genuine attempt to help remedy this. I AM VERY HAPPY FOR YOU!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bolognese View Post
      This seems really interesting. I'll download and see what I can do.
      Thanks a lot!

EDIT: I have been reading other forums where you've posted this.

So you are saying that this "mind portal" works as a diary where you revive all your old memories by spinning it?

I'll catch up with your instructions and come back with more questions soon. I'm all hyped up now!
      Thanks a lot, again.
      Thank You! I am glad that you are gathering what there is, I sincerely hope that one day the world will have a more succinct and clear understanding about this. I am doing what I can, and if my 'math' is correct, its a matter of time before this happens.

Yes, I am indeed saying that the Mind Portal is a diary where old memories are revived, and even relived in a way that is difficult to explain. There are times when I can feel, hear, see, smell, and re-experience well over several thousand things all at once, as someone says something and it stays, as if the time it happened is eternal and still with me. This experience comes and goes on a wave-like function, if I where to graph out it from its peak to its low. When I consider how much impact the Day Map has had, I get even more excited about the implications of using the Dream Map! Speaking of, I am going to go now and start catching up those dreams, I want to actively engage and enter my dreaming mind as I did just recently...and see where this takes me!

Quote Originally Posted by psychology student View Post
      Interesting....
      Thank You! If you follow up on this, it will get more and more interesting as you find out more about it, not merely by my words, but most importantly by your own direct experience as you venture forth. By the way, are you really a psychology student? I love psychology, I studied on my own and took a few courses back in college, but earned a degree in the field of Architecture. If I could, I'd like to study psychology and earn a living doing this, as at the moment the Human Mind and Consciousness are very rewarding pursuits for me personally. If you are a student of such...how lucky you are!

Skypedia
      It's a great invention imo, and I really see why this should work. I'm sure going to use it, both for dreams and daily life.. do you need to have a full mind portal before you can spin/use it?

I read your posts on other forums too... I didn't read them all yet, but I'm in progress, you say a lot of interesting things. You're a v good teacher ^^

My main question I'd like to know is, what is the most amazing unbelievable thing you have achieved, or think you might possibly achieve in the future using this mind portal? Next to seeing energy, which is already pretty amazing, but how far can you go you think? What are the highest future possibilites you have seen?

Learning Achievements:
      Everywhere
      The Day Map seems to be really complex, but oh so wonderful. Right now I'm trying my best to create a new, personal, day code and find somewhere to print the Mind Portal/Dharma flower.
      Because I think I need to improve my real memory before being able to fully recall dreams. And I've always been trying to keep a diary to understand my thoughts and feelings, and remember my life - but there are just to many hard things to explain (because of the inadequate language/words).

So I'll first try to get a better grip of the day map (conscious life) and after that start with my dream map (unconcious life).

I read that your wife was/is pregnant, congratulations! So my following question to this would be if you could, for example, teach your personal day code to your son/daughter when he/she is older to the extent where he/she could experience your memories, and sensations, by looking at a spinning "dharma flower" ?
      I guess it should be possible, if I understand everything right. And it gives me the chills....

As for the dream map; there is no specific code needed? Or is it just that your memory is so good that you recall your dreams just by knowing when it happened (and just a little help from the picture/symbol)?

That's it for now. I'm going to sleep soon. So... good night (and good morning)!

It's a great invention imo, and I really see why this should work. I'm sure going to use it, both for dreams and daily life.. do you need to have a full mind portal before you can spin/use it?
      No. Patterns of color combinations and geometric combinations can be arranged to produce and stimulate certain affects as well as to train the eyes in different ways. Red, for example; raises the pulse slightly while blue slows it down. There are many mandalas that exist, these as well can be spun and investigated.

While some of these will produce more specific results than others, none of them are functioning the same as a time map itself, which draws upon the memories and even plays into the generating of dimensions within the memory as these events flash back through the mind. If you have 1 day of time mapped out, it provides a beginning point for the mind portal to operate on. As the days add up, the amount of memory flash back picks up, more symbols on more days represent a longer span of time.

I also developed month calendars, they roughly cover the range of one moon cycle. They offer more space to write information into, but the span of time focus is much less. The full year calendar is jogging the mind through 1 full cycle of rotation of Sun and Earth. When it is filled out and completed it has reached its limits of time focus. One of the differences between these two is that the moon cycled map provides more space for detail and is more precise in a shorter phase of time; while the larger year map provides less precision to the day; it provides more precision to the patterns between moon cycles as well providing more accuracy about the larger patterns produced from smaller ones.

I read your posts on other forums too... I didn't read them all yet, but I'm in progress, you say a lot of interesting things. You're a v good teacher ^^

My main question I'd like to know is, what is the most amazing unbelievable thing you have achieved, or think you might possibly achieve in the future using this mind portal? Next to seeing energy, which is already pretty amazing, but how far can you go you think? What are the highest future possibilites you have seen?
      The most amazingly unbelievable thing I have achieved???...

The most amazing unbelievable thing I have achieved I would say are to to be found in 3 experiences I have had at least (there are more, but these 3 are by far the most amazing). The 1st was entering some reality that was more real then anything I have ever seen before, the amount of clarity there created a shock due to its contrast. While in this place I encountered what for sensational experience was another multidimensional life form. I then saw myself for a second fly right into me. I saw this very clearly; there is off course more to this then I can describe so briefly.

The second most unbelievably amazing thing is connecting with and communicating with stars, planets, and other living things mistakenly considered dead and dumb. I feel and communicate with the Sun, and at times I feel it shining within me, at other times I am shining in it. I am becoming centered, which synchronizes my awareness to the center of these places.

In the center of the Sun or Earth, for example, there are tremendous pulsations of electrical currents producing many more patterns then those of a human brain, this is thinking at incredible rates. This second of the most unbelievable is how reality opens up inside of me and outside of me, as I begin to see both ways what there actually is.

At first I saw the higher dimensions, sometimes in a more direct way then others, the clarity coming and going in waves. I noted how they branch and curve themselves back into Infinity, finding and seeing 13 in total. Then as time went on these clarity waves increased in frequency. I wrote when I first introduced this to the Internet that this synchronizes one to stars, this statement was already drawing upon the second most unbelievable experience I have had, one that increases steadily.

The 3rd was a surge of Divine Presence. I heard directly the voice of Kali. It was the most intense experience I've ever had. I can't think of anything on Earth that could ever come close to producing such a sound. It had this overtone, the kind you'd hear when several people sing the same words, only this had no end. It was hearing an Infinite amount of voices all say one word, and this one word containing every other word within its fold. The vibrations pulsing through my body at this time are hard to describe, like highly excited matter waves.

After this, all the colors in my vision appeared very pale and grayish for almost 2 weeks. I could make them out if I focused, but otherwise they where gray. I didn't hear sound the same either, it seemed distant and silent. The vibrations of those sounds are still settling inwards and outwards into the vortex sinking points within the equilibrium flux of attractive matter.

As to what I see being the most amazing thing one can achieve using this; personally I think this could reveal our potentials to us, it may be that it reveals the means to break the cycles of reincarnation. The greatest achievement would be finding the Absolute Reality and severing ones self from the map, because the patterns are all Realized. If you consider what this means, you'll know what One becomes if this happens. I don't think it will be easy to get this far, but I see the possibility and potential for it to happen.

The highest future possibility is absolute freedom. The complete map of Absolute Reality would be found in the Mind (this would be Flawless Enlightenment), thus the paper calendar and spinning devices would no longer be needed. If one is absolutely free, they can go anywhere and be anything. Formless and without desire it has been called. This is basically getting to the end of it, as one passes through the endless doors and finds access to any reality instantly.

Though I see the potential for this, I am not kidding myself around about the difficulty of getting there. Funny thing is that this difficulty is a product of my mind, if I change the angle of perception not only should this be easy, it should be light. Changing the angles of perception to perceive more then before has been one of the benefits I've had by using the portal map.

To put it metaphorically; consciousness, a drop of water; turns into the ocean.

This is, off course, the most amazing unbelievable thing I can think of that might be a possibility, it is a potential.

The Day Map seems to be really complex, but oh so wonderful. Right now I'm trying my best to create a new, personal, day code and find somewhere to print the Mind Portal/Dharma flower.
      Because I think I need to improve my real memory before being able to fully recall dreams. And I've always been trying to keep a diary to understand my thoughts and feelings, and remember my life - but there are just to many hard things to explain (because of the inadequate language/words).

So I'll first try to get a better grip of the day map (conscious life) and after that start with my dream map (unconcious life).
      I approached this the same way, beginning with a day code. On it I provided space for tracking when I dreamed, and used symbols to display what type of dream it was.

The day code appears to be complex even when its basic structure is fairly simply. By using and combining for example 10 groups of 10 representation symbols the matrix net of possible combinations can easily become 10,000,000,000. If you approach the assembly of the code by combining a few basic structures, huge systems of identification can be produced which are easy to work with.

I read that your wife was/is pregnant, congratulations! So my following question to this would be if you could, for example, teach your personal day code to your son/daughter when he/she is older to the extent where he/she could experience your memories, and sensations, by looking at a spinning "dharma flower" ?
      I guess it should be possible, if I understand everything right. And it gives me the chills....
      When I consider the ways it may be done, yes it seems very likely that it could be done. Having familiarity with the key would help considerably. Though, before the clear visual images would ever begin to appear, there would be many unclear images. It wouldn't happen over night if it did. I haven't taught anyone my personal day code, the key remains an incomplete part of the process. The means by which the symbols are assembled hasn't been written down, I simply don't need to.

If the kid where to learn of codes, it would begin by learning about its own code. I might question it to find its own code, but I wouldn't give the answers. Nor would I make the shapes or place their positions. Eventually, the kid might start making codes I couldn't understand as it gets older and decides to encrypt the key. Having the ability to focus at such an early age, the kid could develop very quickly.

As for the dream map; there is no specific code needed? Or is it just that your memory is so good that you recall your dreams just by knowing when it happened (and just a little help from the picture/symbol)?

That's it for now. I'm going to sleep soon. So... good night (and good morning)!
      Yeah, the dream map is easy to make. Draw a little picture of the most impressionable part of the dream. When you look at the picture, your mind is more likely to recall the dream. Perhaps my working with a structured code has helped a little, though I find that as I write in the picture if I focus on how the dream felt and write with this feel, then the dream comes back much quicker when I look at the symbol later. The very act of writing the dream picture down re-enforces the memory of it. Seeing it over and over does so further.
      Last edited by Jozen-Bo; 06-01-2008 at 05:07 PM.

Oregon
      Eh, these are kinda newby-questions but:

When you start drawing symbols, you start from the center correct?

Does it matter which way you spin it?

When spinning, do you look at the dot in the center, or the whole thing?
      Dream Stats since joining:

DILDs: 3
      DEILDs: 1
      WILDs: 0

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel the Dreamer View Post
      Eh, these are kinda newby-questions but:

When you start drawing symbols, you start from the center correct?
      That is correct. This is symbolic of growth, development, and maturing. It also provides less space, the beginning of a new year (beginning where ever you want it to on the undated calendar) does not provide as much space for the code, I limit what begins there. Beginnings aren't usually clear and having less space makes this even more clear. As time goes on, the day spaces provide enough space for a full code, as the code becomes more precise by adding on new bits of information in the new space gained. Towards the end, there is a lot of space, this is when the work is closing, when things become much more clear, having more space brings more awareness to this process.

Does it matter which way you spin it?
      Yes. There are two basic single spiral maps, one to the left and its mirror image to the right. I have provided both. If you spin so that the spiral is collapsing, then this charges your mind with Yang energy, which is active and condensed. This also draws the focus towards the middle, and brings one's mind focused inwards. It also produces the feeling of going backwards. Doing this with affect you inner senses more then your outer.

Spinning so that the spiral is expanding outwards charges the mind with Yin energy, which is passive and expanded. This draws the focus to the peripheral, away from the center, one's mind becomes more focused outwards. This produces the feeling of going forward in a tunnel. This direction will affect the outer senses more then the inner.

Its important to balance these two spins if observing this over a period of time in spin, or the mind may become imbalanced at its core depth, which wouldn't be fun. There are different ways to mix it up, what I do is spin one way then the other. This helps to keeps the energy balanced. Its good to keep in mind that much of what is happening is happening far beneath the surface, you won't see it at first, you'll feel it.

When spinning, do you look at the dot in the center, or the whole thing?
      My eyes go through phases. They shift focus many times throughout the spinning. At times I look at the whole thing, the seal around the grid will appear to go counter-clock wise to the spin and then rock back clock-wise, then rock back to counter-clock wise. It has a lot of impact of the frontal lobes of the brain when you see this, you can feel it actively engaging that part of the body. When I focus on the center, this moves the sensations in the brain to the central ventricle, you can feel blood moving through the hypothalamus and pineal glands as you pick up spin (over many days).

Sometimes I focus on a single day and try to keep my eyes focused on it, or view rows as they pass by, or try to follow the path of days as they are pushed out by the spiral, or following the lines as they weave about and connect in different ways along the map. At times is looks different then others, it doesn't always do the same thing. It gets more optically holographic over time, reaching such activity levels that I myself cannot estimate.

I haven't managed to in all this time spin a finished mind map more then 23 days in a row. Spinning really amps perception, it would take more time to fully describe it. At first it seems like nothing or very little is happening, then you start to notice and feel and experience differently. Then it hits hard and fast out of nowhere and your seeing more reality then before and this is both exciting and challenging. It strains the mind to be aware of so much all at once so vividly and clearly.

So I did what I had to, I stopped for a bit. I didn't have a code to keep my focus stabilized, I was finishing the 2nd revolution of the 1st code. Having a code helps one to stabilize their focus, and being able to stay focused is a must to develop if treading into your own mind. Once you finish a code, this information settles into your mind and forms an inner fortress of operation. Having a code helps to keep your mind stabilized, and makes it easier to manage many different things all at once. If you use a code, this will eventually become much more clear what it is really doing and why.

By the way, I was born in Oregon and grew up there, how are things going there?

Oregon
      Quote Originally Posted by Jozen-Bo View Post
      By the way, I was born in Oregon and grew up there, how are things going there?
      Things seem to be pretty fine. It's pretty peaceful... Nothing really big has happened (well nothing that I've heard of).

Learning Achievements:
      Everywhere
      6 days working with the Mind Portal now! Eleven days in overall.

Since the blanks in the beginning weeks are too small I focus on (for now) the weather, my feelings and the social contact. Also I add a small Lucid Dream symbol on the nights I was lucid.
      But I can already see how good of a tool this is in many kind of ways. And I'm looking forward to spin it. When is a good time to spin it the first time; after the first month, or could it be before?
      And is there an easy way to build a good "spinner"?

Thanks

LD Count
      Numbers
      Green Mountains
      DJ Entries
      What kind of code do you mean? As in the order you fill out the dream map's spaces with dreams?
      "Above All, Love"
      ~Unknown~

Smile

6 days working with the Mind Portal now! Eleven days in overall.
      AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As time gathers so will the affects.

Since the blanks in the beginning weeks are too small I focus on (for now) the weather, my feelings and the social contact. Also I add a small Lucid Dream symbol on the nights I was lucid.
      I also limited information in to beginning days to that which I felt to be of the most immediate importance, including my feelings and social contact. I would try to squeeze in what I could, but a lot of it simply doesn't fit.

My first question is, what size is your calendar?

When there is more space, it is very helpful to make a short list of the different kinds of dreams you may have. If you went lucid, you also try to change the symbol a little to show what you did while lucid. If you has other types of dreams, such as repeating, flying, fighting, sex, or whatever comes to your mind that is worth categorizing, put them down in the list. After this becomes comfortable, expand a little; to include characters, such as angels, friends, family, light, snakes, dragons, etc. Keep the list small and simply and if something comes up that doesn't fit on it (which will happen), then simply add for the occasion.

But I can already see how good of a tool this is in many kind of ways. And I'm looking forward to spin it. When is a good time to spin it the first time; after the first month, or could it be before?
      And is there an easy way to build a good "spinner"?

Thanks

If you can spin it whenever it contains even 1 day of information to get things started. Its a good time to spin it as soon as you can spin it. It gets better if you keep up with it and as the day and dream symbols fill it in. So it could be before. Spinning even a blank calendar produces affects on the mind, though these are mild compared to when it is filled out with personal information. I came up with some instructions on how to build a wheel for spinning, I will post them here soon. If you or anyone comes up with instructions to build a good spinner easy, feel free to share. If you have a large fan, that will work well, but its linear speed isn't the same as a hand spun wheel, which slows down on a curve.

Thanks as well, I am very encouraged to finally hear solid verification that someone has ventured into the coding process. Its really very easy if you let it be and your knowledge will build on itself. Before you know it, you will see ways of putting things together that MAKE more and more sense.

Sweet Dreams,
      Jozen-Bo

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Schmaven View Post
      What kind of code do you mean? As in the order you fill out the dream map's spaces with dreams?
      For my own dream map I have no real code. Its Lucid! I can do whatever I want in whatever meaningful way I desire in order to communicate or convey the dream to me. I have been using bits and pieces of the dream code for my day calendar to fill in to smaller spaces in the beginning, as these communicate using abstractions of my mind the dream to me. I use pictures when I can, as these also communicate the dream to me. For example, in the dream map I recently began, I had a dream where I observed many rats waddling around, they where worn out and beat. There is more, but I don't need to cover all the details here. So, I drew in a child like picture of 3 rats and now when I look at that day, those 3 rats remind me of the rest of the dream.

I find that even without using a code, my mind starts organizing certain types of information automatically. For example, when I don't recall the dream very clearly I tend to frame that day with wavy lines, symbolizing distortion that has caused me to forget my dream. If the dream was clear and long, like a story, I frame with solid lines. Other things are starting to happen automatically too. Its interesting to watch happen. However, this code has no rules. Everything is flexible and prone to change. This makes it rather relaxing to use.

If your asking about the day code, I will have to get back to you on that one.

So far I have found that when you focus your mind on something such as dreaming, you get better results. Now then, if you focus your mind by writing out symbols and looking at them in as many ways as possible (stationary and spinning included) your results increase dramatically. I just got caught up on my map and now I am beginning to dream each night regularly again. When I stopped for about two weeks, so did the dreams. Soon I will begin doing dream exercises as I learned them and this too will add to the results. REAL SOLID RESULTS.

By the way, I am embarrassed to ask, but what are DILDS, DEILDS, and WILDS? I have never heard these terms before and would like to know what they are so I can upgrade my code a little. What qualifies a DILD or a DEILD or a WILD? If anyone can help me out here, a big thanks to you!

LD Count
      Numbers
      Green Mountains
      DJ Entries
      Oh, I get it, the code is what you use to remember the dream by, I thought you meant a code as in where you drew the pictures on the mind portal. And there's a list of all the acronyms in the tutorials section.
      "Above All, Love"
      ~Unknown~

Da Zone
      Holy crap this is awesome. I'm starting this tonight, I think it will be extremely usefull, if nothing else it looks great on my wall. , Jozen-Bo have you read about Mckennas time wave theory. It would be amazing to have a portal that was aligned with the time wave fluctuations over a year.
      Last edited by lucid4sho; 06-13-2008 at 03:12 AM.
      "If you realize Sunyata (the void), compassion will arise within your hearts; and when you lose all differentiation between yourself and others, then you will be fit to serve others." - Milarepa

Oregon
      Are the Mind Portal pictures/symbols supposed to be for lucid dreams only, or regular non-lucid dreams as well? (Which kind of dreams should you track for optimal results)

Seeking the path
      Just this side of the Milky Way Galaxy
      Very interesting stuff here.

I'm at work so...SUB.

Learning Achievements:
      Everywhere
      Quote Originally Posted by Jozen-Bo View Post
      By the way, I am embarrassed to ask, but what are DILDS, DEILDS, and WILDS? I have never heard these terms before and would like to know what they are so I can upgrade my code a little. What qualifies a DILD or a DEILD or a WILD?
      In short they are names on how you "entered" the lucid dream. But mostly used as explications for a specific technique.

DILD = Dream Induced Lucid Dream; which is the most common/natural way. This is where you go to sleep and later become conscious while in a dream.
      WILD = Wake Initiaded Lucid Dream; You go to sleep while being conscious of it. In other words your mind doesn't fall asleep and you enter a dream fully aware.

That's the basic stuff. And that might explain the "I had a DILD last night...".
      Now there is a method used to make some techniques easier. And that is the WBTB (Wake Back To Bed), which means that you wake up after 4-6 hours just to go to sleep again after a time, or maybe right away. That way the dreams start after a very short amount of time and the dreams usually will be longer after some hours of sleep, due to the REM cycle.

So by combining WILD and WBTB you might get a powerful WILD-technique, or a powerful DEILD-technique - or perhaps just less sleep? ;(
      DEILD = Dream Exit Initiated Lucid Dream; You wake up but your body will continue with the REM-period.

Now that was some very short explanations and it won't cover much. But praise Dreamviews! Here we have whole section of tutorials.
      Here are some links to the awesome tutorials with more details.

DEILD: (Which works best for me - and my personal favorites)
      http://www.dreamviews.com/community/...ead.php?t=6124
      http://www.dreamviews.com/community/...ad.php?t=36281

WILD:
      http://dreamviews.com/community/showthread.php?t=40684

You might also want to read Exploring The World Of Lucid Dreaming, by Stephen LaBerge. Great book that covers everything, it's definitely the best of all LD-related books.
      Well, that's all I can say for now. I'm missing my sleep... so Good Night to you all.
      And by the way! My mind portal is in it's original size!

Da Zone
      Dude WTF!! Ive only used this portal for 3 days and I had the most fucked up experience last night, I went through the portal into another fucking reality or something, i dunno cuz I escaped as fast as I could, I was scared shitless. Once I was back I could remember what had happened for a minute but then it just kept fading, now I can't really recall the experience, I just know it was super freakin intense and real, it took awhile for me to calm down after it. I've had more intense experinces, but never without the aid of a powerful hallucinogen. If this happened after 3 days then I am hella excited to see where it could go from here. You are on to something with this thing man, i dunno what it is but I hope I find out soon. Thanks for posting this, it is unbelievably amazing.
      "If you realize Sunyata (the void), compassion will arise within your hearts; and when you lose all differentiation between yourself and others, then you will be fit to serve others." - Milarepa

Quote Originally Posted by lucid4sho View Post
      Dude WTF!! Ive only used this portal for 3 days and I had the most fucked up experience last night, I went through the portal into another fucking reality or something, i dunno cuz I escaped as fast as I could, I was scared shitless. Once I was back I could remember what had happened for a minute but then it just kept fading, now I can't really recall the experience, I just know it was super freakin intense and real, it took awhile for me to calm down after it. I've had more intense experinces, but never without the aid of a powerful hallucinogen. If this happened after 3 days then I am hella excited to see where it could go from here. You are on to something with this thing man, i dunno what it is but I hope I find out soon. Thanks for posting this, it is unbelievably amazing.
      Perhaps I should look back at this subject more closely...

Exclamation Dilds, Deilds, and Wilds

In short they are names on how you "entered" the lucid dream. But mostly used as explications for a specific technique.

DILD = Dream Induced Lucid Dream; which is the most common/natural way. This is where you go to sleep and later become conscious while in a dream.
      WILD = Wake Initiaded Lucid Dream; You go to sleep while being conscious of it. In other words your mind doesn't fall asleep and you enter a dream fully aware.

That's the basic stuff. And that might explain the "I had a DILD last night...".
      Now there is a method used to make some techniques easier. And that is the WBTB (Wake Back To Bed), which means that you wake up after 4-6 hours just to go to sleep again after a time, or maybe right away. That way the dreams start after a very short amount of time and the dreams usually will be longer after some hours of sleep, due to the REM cycle.

So by combining WILD and WBTB you might get a powerful WILD-technique, or a powerful DEILD-technique - or perhaps just less sleep? ;(
      DEILD = Dream Exit Initiated Lucid Dream; You wake up but your body will continue with the REM-period.

Now that was some very short explanations and it won't cover much. But praise Dreamviews! Here we have whole section of tutorials.
      Here are some links to the awesome tutorials with more details.

DEILD: (Which works best for me - and my personal favorites)
      http://www.dreamviews.com/community/...ead.php?t=6124
      http://www.dreamviews.com/community/...ad.php?t=36281

WILD:
      http://dreamviews.com/community/showthread.php?t=40684

You might also want to read Exploring The World Of Lucid Dreaming, by Stephen LaBerge. Great book that covers everything, it's definitely the best of all LD-related books.
      Well, that's all I can say for now. I'm missing my sleep... so Good Night to you all.
      And by the way! My mind portal is in it's original size!
      Thank you so much for clearing this up and leaving the links. I am now considering how to change the code a tiny bit because of this. It shouldn't be too hard to do, I already have the idea how!

From what I gathered I have had many Dilds, and seem to be having them more frequently as I tune in. I have had the other two, both, though not as often. When I consider it, with a little practice, both should be within reach. Thanks again for sharing this!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast