• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views

Like Tree1Likes
    • 1 Post By <span class='glow_FF1493'>Gaea</span>

Thread: Strange things happening when I LD

LD Count
      35~ ?

Strange things happening when I LD

First of all I don't recommend newbies reading this topic because it might affect your Lucid Dream in a negative way, so please leave if you aren't experienced or continue at your own risk. I think it's a good thing to leave this warning message first.

So let's go for it: Lately through these months every time I manage to get lucid, something "bad" happen. It didn't happen before so I don't know why it started after some months, anyway let me put it step by step:

- Dreaming normally ( not lucid );
      - Somehow in the dream I manage to notice I am dreaming ( get lucid, but vision still "dream like" );
      - A shadow figure ( kind of looks human ) appear and throw me somewhere and paralyse me on it ( bed, floor, table whatever it can use );
      - I end up trying to fight it back but wake up in the proccess, I also can't make it disappear while concentrating. I normally feels like I am in need of oxygen when this thing go and stand over me.

Anyone know what's up? The shadow creature isn't even scary, first time it did happen I had a "jump scary" and that's it. If I did fear it a lot it would be the reason for this asshole to keep appearing, I am kind of getting angry because of this thing ruining my LD experience no matter what I try. Emotionally I am feeling great compared to months ago so I don't really know what's up ... anyone else had this problem?

Edit:
      Forgot to mention I have a bad feeling when this thing appear, it's like I am meeting an alive being that only brings trouble or something like this.
      Last edited by Leol; 05-26-2015 at 05:22 AM.

Member Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal 1 year registered
      DJ Entries
      throw me somewhere and paralyse me on it ( bed, floor, table whatever it can use )
      This is very interesting. It's definitely related to sleep paralysis. Have you, at any time, woke up in sleep paralysis after waking up?

If there's any time you can talk before it pins you down, ask it what it represents, or why it's there. I've heard lots of stories and it seems, for some people, the subconscious is always trying to prevent you from becoming lucid/experiencing dreams with lucidity. I think this is it for your case. Or it could be a tendency to think about negative things after becoming lucid, or thinking about your physical body and the dream making a story before it makes you feel in a position of sleep paralysis.

Other than this, I really don't know. Hopefully any of these explanations or anyone else's can help you out. Sweet (lucid and not get jumped after) dreams..
      Just a scared old llama on the outside planning to dominate these forums...

Don't you dare defy me!
      Note: I'm big on grammar, you won't see one error coming out of me!

LD Count
      35~ ?
      Quote Originally Posted by ParanoidLlama View Post
      This is very interesting. It's definitely related to sleep paralysis. Have you, at any time, woke up in sleep paralysis after waking up?

If there's any time you can talk before it pins you down, ask it what it represents, or why it's there. I've heard lots of stories and it seems, for some people, the subconscious is always trying to prevent you from becoming lucid/experiencing dreams with lucidity. I think this is it for your case. Or it could be a tendency to think about negative things after becoming lucid, or thinking about your physical body and the dream making a story before it makes you feel in a position of sleep paralysis.

Other than this, I really don't know. Hopefully any of these explanations or anyone else's can help you out. Sweet (lucid and not get jumped after) dreams..
      I normally try to set a good story while meditating when I attempt to LD, also it's like I lose total control when it happens ( shadow figure appearance ) and can't think really well. I can't talk normally and it's like the words are coming out of my head ... but yes, I did more than once wake up in sleep paralysis and a few times there were shadow figures around me too.

Long Time Lucid Explorer Achievements:
      Made lots of Friends on DV 3 years registered Tagger First Class Referrer Bronze Populated Wall 1000 Hall Points Huge Dream Journal
      <span class='glow_FF1493'>DawnEye11</span>'s Avatar
      On A Special Star
      DJ Entries
      I remember dreaming of shadow figures three times before but I don't remember them touching me. But the shadow figures appeared when i was thinking of things that are sort of beyond,perhaps scary and unknown to me.I'm not sure if they might mean the same thing for you though. I think the reason why your unable to talk is because the dream needs to be stabilized. When your paralyzed you can't do much and in a way your voice can destabilize too. I remember trying to imagine a different scenery and keep my awareness or doing stabilizing techniques when i felt I was beginning to be paralyzed after moving around. When my voice feels like its fading I just don't use it for a bit and than it comes back to me. However, I agree with Paranoidllama. If you want to know why its there maybe you can try asking it what it represents or asking it to leave in a friendly way. I use to have this dream character that liked to pop out of nowhere and annoy me but when i asked him to stop bothering me he seemed like an ok dream character who eventually stopped appearing.
      "Be the best You, you can be...Relax...Listen...Imagine...*Silence*...Zzzzz"

DreamCafe11----DawnEye11
      DreamBuddy-Jadegreen

Paradise Falls Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal Made lots of Friends on DV Referrer Bronze Tagger First Class 1000 Hall Points Veteran First Class Made Friends on DV
      <span class='glow_FF1493'>Gaea</span>'s Avatar
      LD Count
      Astral Plane
      DJ Entries
      Nightstalkers :O
      or maybe just your imagination

Nightstalkers - n. dreamwalkers that do bad things in your dreams, usually are real people and not DCs (they are non-erasable from dreams, sometimes)
      ##Note: they are not stalkers :##

Use them as your trigger or somethings

If it seems like a nightstalker, probably is
      Last edited by Gaea; 05-26-2015 at 03:58 AM.
      Leol likes this.

Gaea's Dream Journal & Statistics
      Click on my picture

LD Count
      35~ ?
      Quote Originally Posted by DawnEye11 View Post
      But the shadow figures appeared when i was thinking of things that are sort of beyond,perhaps scary and unknown to me.I'm not sure if they might mean the same thing for you though.
      I see supernatural stuff in internet, but I don't really fear such things. So I know this isn't the problem, otherwise my first LD and many others would always have it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaea View Post
      Nightstalkers :O
      or maybe just your imagination

Nightstalkers - n. dreamwalkers that do bad things in your dreams, usually are real people and not DCs (they are non-erasable from dreams, sometimes)
      ##Note: they are not stalkers :##

Use them as your trigger or somethings

If it seems like a nightstalker, probably is
      Nightstalker? Never heard of it, but I did heard about "Shadow people". Being pretty honest, even though I am just lucid dreaming ( I mean, it's impossible for me to astral project without the intention ) I am starting to think it's some kind of demon lol. I will try yet again to Lucid Dream, if I lucid Dream today I will post what happened. My lucid dreams aren't consistent because I don't do dream journal and such as I am lazy, but I manage to do it sometimes per month or lots of times in a single week.

Forgot to mention I have a bad feeling when this thing appear, it's like I am meeting an alive being that only brings trouble or something like this.
      Last edited by Leol; 05-26-2015 at 05:23 AM.

LD Count
      many
      Constanta
      In your dream what you think becomes your reality. And you are not always aware of all of your thoughts. Remembeer that the dream is still governed by the unconscious. I post a thread about Lucid Nightmears ( you are lucid and you can't control some bad things and demons that appear and come to you ). About the paralyze thing, maybe you are afraid of being paralyzed or paralyzed in your dream and you have this fear as a thought that you dont know so it will happen. Same with the lack of oxygen. The bad feeling that you have helps the bad things to happen. Again, you have a bad feeling so very bad thoughts come into your mind in that moment and obviously bad things will happen. It's a good idea to "fight" it back, but not a physical fight. Go and prove you are not scared. Don't do anything to it and bring light into your dream.
      Last edited by GRValentine; 05-27-2015 at 11:28 AM. Reason: typed do instead of to
      The greatest capability of the universe is the incapability to not create

Member Achievements:
      Made lots of Friends on DV 1000 Hall Points Veteran First Class

LD Count
      30 + -
      Hey my bruh I had a similar experience just a few days ago so now I was trying out WILD lucidology style so now I feel the feeling to turn over and I ignore then I hit sleep paralysis but I choose to keep my eyes shut as I was scared of the figures I might see then this is where it gets weird so now my physical bodies eyes are closed and then I don't feel my bed anymore but I'm in a library paralysed and there's a whole bunch of of these black figures sorta like dementors from Harry Potter, but I had never opened my physical bodies eyes and had no intention of going anywhere then it was all over and I awoke shortly

Member Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal 1000 Hall Points Made Friends on DV Veteran First Class

LD Count
      A lot
      DJ Entries
      Interesting. I find it surprising that you aren't frightened by this thing. If there was a shadow figure in my LDs that could paralyze me I would be at least a little scared of it. But anyways. You mentioned you had a 'bad feeling' when it came. Could it represent anyone or anything in your waking life that might give you this feeling? Otherwise, it is probably just a dream figure that you are bringing back because after the first time you saw it, you've consciously or subconsciously been thinking about it. If this were happening to me, I wouldn't try to run or fight. I would talk to it or welcome it or do something else positive. (usually in my dreams if I stop fighting, the characters stop bothering me or will tell me what they represent/ are doing). I don't know if this will help you but I thought I would just post my thoughts!