• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Study Results + New Subliminal Lucid MP4!

Banned

Study Results + New Subliminal Lucid MP4!

The Theory

Subliminal messages are messages that are embedded into a person’s subconscious while bypassing the conscious filters. The subconscious is like a background program that is constantly running through data that you are unaware of. Here is an example that I’ve used before:

Say you are trying to remember the actresses name who played Dorothy in the Wizard of Oz, but for the life of you you can’t. You know it’s in the back of your head somewhere, but you just can’t get the information. You decide that it’s not important and go about your day. Maybe an hour later, you have completely forgotten about it and Judy Garland! pops into your head out of the blue.

This was your subconscious working out the problem. You were completely unaware of the work being done, but somehow it recalled the name correctly. We have all had this happen to us, I’m sure.

Subliminal messages work on the same principal. They are recorded sub-audibly. If the music weren’t playing we would hear them as clear as day and recognize them immediately. But they are quieter than the music so we miss them entirely, like trying to say something to your girlfriend at a rock concert. They are obviously heard, they are in the audible decibel range, but our conscious mind doesn’t catch them. You may hear whispers occasionally, but not any recognizable words. Now the subconscious mind goes to work, analyzing everything that we are taking in. It will, eventually, figure out the messages, hopefully, in the middle of your dream.
      Reav3R and martakartus like this.

Banned
      The Study

I performed a small study here at Dreamviews recently to determine which method of embedding subliminal messages worked the best for inducing lucid dreams. The results were promising, but not nearly as much so as simultaneous studies in other places.

The study consisted of three groups of participants. Each group got a different mp3, the music and the ambient sounds were exactly the same, only the messages were different so that there is no chance of one being more relaxing than the other and messing with the results.

One group got a mp3 with first person command in it. “I lucid dream,” “I recognize dream signs…” I was wondering whether the fact that it was my voice would be a factor to this because when a participant hears this, they know that it is not them speaking so the theory was that they would not take this as a command, but rather hear it in passing.

This group showed some results. Although I didn’t see any increase in the pattern of lucid dreams, the other groups did show some very relevant results. There were lucid dreams had by some of the participants, but I’ve come to the conclusion that DILDs are just too random to make positive conclusions in a one week test. No one showed a decreasing pattern.

For other testers I still tried to affect their dreams, giving them messages like “I dream about pirates.” That was just an example, I saw that nearly 20% of the dreams recorded could be mapped to the message that I had put in the mp3.

The second group got a third person command. “You lucid dream…” This asserts that I am commanding the person listening specifically. This showed the best results. The results in lucid dreaming was inconclusive because of the random effect. There was no clear difference in one week’s time to say that the first or third person commands made a difference.

However, with non lucid dreams, nearly 35% of the dreams that were recorded were in some way related to the messages in the mp3. This shows to me that this is the most effective way of getting a message across.

There was a third group of lucid dreamers only that were given a placebo. This was the same music as the other mp3s, but there were no messages in it. This one, not surprisingly did the worst. Only one of my subjects had a lucid dream that they recorded. This shows to me that, while there may be a placebo effect, it is not as strong as the messages.

There was a forth group that did not include lucid dreamers. This was to address backwards messages. I’ve heard that these are supposed to be the most reliable, but my study showed otherwise. I combined the messages from the first two, lacing them with both first and third person commands, so that they both got a fair chance to work. One person in the group dreamed of what I was trying to get them to dream about, this is just 10% (There were 10 non-lucid dreamers in each group.)

The fact that both the first and third person commands yielded results leads me to believe that it is hearing the repeated word ‘lucid’ or ‘pirate’ that causes dreams about them rather than the commands. The way that the command is recorded makes a minor difference, but it is simply the wording that makes the most difference.

With this knowledge I have compiled Subliminal Lucid 2.0.

Banned
      The MP4

Revealing the exact messages would defeat the purpose of your subconscious figuring them out, so I am not going to do that. There are lots and lots of messages, some passive, telling you that, in general, you lucid dream, some are more aggressive, telling you that tonight you will lucid dream.

The song is one hour long, but is broken up into four fifteen minute parts. Listen to a part in it’s entirety. You can just listen to one, or two, or three, or all four if you have the time. Just try not to stop in the middle of one.

For best results, headphones or earplugs is the best way to listen because some of the messages is through stereo mixes, moving between your ears. It would also help if you listened to it right before bed, many of us use our computers before going to bed, I do. Turn it on half volume and let it play in the background. It won’t have the full effect as meditating to it before bed with your headphones, but it will have an effect.

For those of you who can sleep with ambient music playing, sleeping with it playing would make sense, that way it is the very last thing that you hear before you fall asleep. Having it start playing while you are already sleep won’t do very much at all. The music will relax you, making you sleep deeper, but you ears aren’t sensitive enough while sleeping to pick out the messages.

For WILDers, I know that many of you combine your WILD with a WBTB method, some of use stay awake for thirty minutes, that would be two of these sound cycles. I know some of you can’t stay up that long so you should listen to one cycle.

Audio Aid repository
      Last edited by ninja9578; 10-11-2010 at 03:28 PM.
      Reav3R and martakartus like this.

Hi
      It looks interesting, but please, don't upload it to megaupload, its piece of sh** :< i never can download from there.
      Use rapidshare (www.rapidshare.com), or mediafire (www.mediafire.com).

In marital bliss. Yup, I got married on Sept 26th, 2009!
      Thank you for taking time to do a blind study. And thanks for the download, I'm grabbing the MP3 as we speak. I just got over a dry spell so it may be hard to give you conclusive feedback but I will listen to it a few nights then let you know my results.

M45t3r, all you have to do is enter the anti-bot code that it gives you into the box and wait for the timer to count down. Then press "free download".

Quote Originally Posted by Oneironaught View Post
      M45t3r, all you have to do is enter the anti-bot code that it gives you into the box and wait for the timer to count down. Then press "free download".
      Sorry, but i meant that i can download but whenever i come to this site it always says that the connection is reserved for premium usersa and i have to wait 8 hours :/ but nvm. i downloaded from rapidshare
      Thanks man, and i'll reply tommorow and tell you results ;]

DJ Entries
      This seems like a very well-conducted study! Nice work!
      Abraxas

Quote Originally Posted by OldSparta
      I murdered someone, there was bloody everywhere. On the walls, on my hands. The air smelled metallic, like iron. My mouth... tasted metallic, like iron. The floor was metallic, probably iron

Dreamwalker's Apprentice therpgmaker's Avatar
      Interesting study, and good work. Could you give examples on how 20&#37; of the recorded dreams could be mapped to the messages, such as "I dream about pirates"?

Edit: I was just thinking, if you trained yourself to look for pirates as a dreamsign, and then listened to a subliminal mp3 telling you that you dream about pirates, it could increase your chances of becoming lucid.
      Last edited by therpgmaker; 10-01-2007 at 02:26 AM.
      Lucid Tasks:
      Beat my subconcious senseless with a pointed stick
      Meet Yoda, and get him to teach me the ways of the Force
      Find out what a Strappleberry and a Masafuchi Nut look like

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f351/therpgmaker/Sigs/BlueNight.jpg

Banned
      These were people that didn't know about lucid dreaming. I simply asked them to write down their dreams, they didn't know that the subliminal messages were asking them to dream about pirates. If they had a dream involving a pirate, I counted it as a hit. The MP4 I've compiled has nothing to do with pirates.

Ok i got a problem with this mp3.
      Whenever i play it through my mp3 player then it restarts my mp3 player by itself, on pc it runs normally.
      Help ? :<

EDIT. Ok i managed to get it to work on my mp3 player i had to convert it again to mp3 by dBpowerAMP and it works now ;] tommorow ill tell the results.
      Last edited by M45t3r; 10-01-2007 at 10:34 PM.

Ok, guess what, i didn't had lucid dream
      But i had faster HI once, soo nice job anyway

What Makes You Tick? Achievements:
      1 year registered 10000 Hall Points Veteran First Class
      England
      I really like what you have done here, I think the study you made sounds like it was well planed and I trust your results.

I am downloading the MP4 and I will give it a go...im really excited about this

Thanks man
      Lucid Count So Far for 2008
      WILD = 2

DILD = 27
      Total lucid dreams for 2007 = 40

Check out my dreams in the link below and any feed back is more then welcome

My Dream Journal
      My Artwork

Boom! Achievements:
      Referrer Bronze 1 year registered Veteran First Class 5000 Hall Points
      under your bed haha Posts: -134
      holy crap, I played this really fast and I heard some creepy voice, that says, well I cant really make anything out.
      Last edited by Sugarglider11; 10-21-2007 at 01:24 AM.

^Probably

Join the Lucid dreaming book project!

I had a dream about a pirate last night, but didn't listen to the MP3.

ShadowOfSelf likes this.
      REALITY CHECK

how do you "embed" the messages into the sound file? are they just too quiet to hear?

Banned
      They are loud enough to hear if the music wasn't playing, therefore your ears pick them up, they just can't pull them out of the background sounds consciously and require more filtering.

There are no messages about pirates in the MP4, that was just for the study.

Interesting....I listened to this last night for about half an hour while I was reading (do you think reading while listening to it would hinder the subliminal message from getting through?) and in my first REM cycle I had a dream about a show where monkeys act out hypnagogic imagery. then i woke up at 6, wrote down some dreams and listened to it again for about 15 min and went back to sleep. i had a brief moment of lucidity when I realized I just jumped like 100 feet in the air and i started flying a bit but then i got too excited and the dream ended and changed to another non-lucid. All in all, at least it seemed to put the subject of dreaming into my brain. I'm going to keep trying this out. If nothing else, your mp3 is very relaxing!

Banned
      Utah
      Awsome! Your last lucid MP4 helped my recall out alot. I'll be sure to give this a try. The only message I can make out of the file is one telling me to recognize dreamsigns. I can't tell where any others are.

In a dream
      Thanks for the file. I will try this as much as i can and leave you feedback. I'm not sure i can go to sleep listening to the track, but i can certainly listen to it or an hour before sleep if thats still fine.

Thanks again.

Banned
      It's designed for listening to before sleep, you don't have to sleep with it on.

in the land of vikings, reindeers, Aurora Borealis and cute blonde girls
      This sounds great.

I meditate 30 minutes every night before going to bed, so i'm going to include this into my meditation. I'll post back in a few nights with a report

Thanks alot man

In a dream
      I was listening to it last night and i had a pretty strange dream I felt like i was close to an LD.

Its a great start really, i will listen it it before bed tonight

What would make your audio much more successful is if you tried a little something called the Suggestopedic Accelerated Learning method which has these components:

-triple repition of the material being learned

-8 second spacing between the start of each statement

- 60 beat-per-minute music playing in the background (to induce and maintain relaxation in the alpha brainwave sate of mind, which is associated with higher learning and better retention).

Concerning voice, studies have shown that women respond more positively to a woman's voice, and that men responded equally well to either a male or female voice. So for the audio to be most effective to the general public, it should be a woman's voice.

This info I got is based on a successful audio program created by Mike Brescia, a man with 20+ years of experience

Also I would definately stick with "I", not "You."
      Last edited by Lonewolf; 01-22-2008 at 11:19 PM.
      "Great minds discuss ideas; Average minds discuss events; Small minds discuss people"

i'll listen to it before bed and post results tomorrow

ok, so I listened to it an hour before going too sleep and felt very relaxed (thank u ninja) but I didn't lucid dream, however I had improved dream recall, and I think that if I get used to this mp3 the results will be even better. So thanks ninja

oh, and by the way I think i heard the voice about 30 min into the mp3, just so u know.

I tried it again this time when trying to wild during a nap, I played the music during the try and it was very relaxing and broght me close to WILD ld than i've ever been, thanks again ninja
      Last edited by ollei; 01-24-2008 at 09:02 PM.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast