• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views

Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast
    Like Tree5Likes

Thread: I H8 Reality's VILD Technique

Mexico
      I tried, and I just felt asleep >_<

And then I woke up later, and tried and....asleep.

I mean I felt asleep and forgot what I was imagining XD so I just went back to sleep normaly

I'm gonna try again.

LD Count
      GA
      Quote Originally Posted by I H8 Reality View Post
      The key is to not be too tired nor too awake during the brief awakening, its a fine balance.

But once you get it your practically guaranteed a Lucid Dream as long as you can concentrate on your visualization.

Tip: to make the visualization easy just imagine yourself getting out of bed and walking out of the house.
      Yeah I see what you mean, my problem is Im always too tired (like this morning again). Thanks for the advice, Im going to put it to good use tomorrow morning!

US
      I think the question was asked earlier but I'm not sure it got an answer.

Would setting an alarm ruin the depth of sleep needed for this technique? What are other ways to be sure you wake up during your little 'REM breaks' during the night?

Toronto
      Quote Originally Posted by TheCosmicOctopus View Post

Would setting an alarm ruin the depth of sleep needed for this technique? What are other ways to be sure you wake up during your little 'REM breaks' during the night?
      The whole idea of the brief awakening is too reach the point where your on a fine balance between awake and asleep.

If you can reach that point with an alarm clock which Im very sure you can(never really tried) you can avoid the brief awakening and just use an alarm clock.

Keep in mind the rule that you should do this after 6 hours of sleep still applies, because if you do this before 6 hours of sleep I can almost guarantee that you will fail

I'm such a dumba$$, I've been trying this technique every morning since I first saw the post about four days ago...anyway yesterday morning I woke-up briefly and tried the technique. I imagined myself in my bed, then jumping out of my bed and going out of the door. As soon as I got outside my door I was dreaming I think, but I thought "ok this isn't working, I'm just going to give up and go downstairs". So I just gave up and carried on with a normal non-lucid dream, it was so annoying! I feel like I'm so close though.

Also I find it hard to focus a lot of the time on the visualizations-probably because I'm too tired, sooo close though.

Argentina
      DJ Entries
      this worked for me on the first try, i chained 2 LDs, where i usually only have 1 LD like once a month >_>.

this is great. thanks ih8r

edit: oh, and also. it was the most vivid ld ever. =p

i pictured myself going out my house, i tried to look all around me like you said, and feeling everything i touch, even my footsteps.
      Last edited by Bakuryu; 07-23-2008 at 05:25 PM.

US
      Quote Originally Posted by I H8 Reality View Post
      The whole idea of the brief awakening is too reach the point where your on a fine balance between awake and asleep.

If you can reach that point with an alarm clock which Im very sure you can(never really tried) you can avoid the brief awakening and just use an alarm clock.

Keep in mind the rule that you should do this after 6 hours of sleep still applies, because if you do this before 6 hours of sleep I can almost guarantee that you will fail

Great thanks. I'll give it a try tonight!

LD Count
      GA
      Quote Originally Posted by TheCosmicOctopus View Post

CosmicOctopus, you can use an alarm clock for a couple of days to get you in the habit of waking up after 6 hours of sleep. After a few days of doing that, you wont have to use the alarm clock to wake up b/c your body will be used to waking up by itself after six hours of sleep.

Los Angeles, CA
      I tried this, this morning.

I have a habit of waking up early in the morning without any pre-WILD techniques.

Well I woke up and tried the jumping exercise. Didn't work, so I just pictured myself walking. The attention focused on my feet walking on the ground.

A minute later I believe I went lucid. O_O
      From walking I could see myself looking down and overhead to this big building where two lines were gathered. I went up like six flights of stairs later. I lost lucidity after that and woke up but I'm pretty convinced I went lucid for real.

After I woke I tried it again with looking down and picturing my footsteps walking. It happened again!!

I went Lucid a minute later. It was also a False awakening. I found myself in my bed but it was late at night. I woke up and it was light outside so I knew this was a dream. Well I then went on to have my friend materialize in my room. She started appearing and then I got rudely woken up and lost everything. >_>

I tried to redo it, but you were right about finding the perfect balance of sleep and being awake. I was far from ever going back to sleep again and It got harder to lucid. Same thing can be said about keeping the visualization as fluid as possible instead of "flash forwarding" the player.

But thanks for this tutorial I H8 Reality. I have something here I can use and apply later on.
      Last edited by AniRichie; 07-23-2008 at 12:23 AM.

Mexico
      Quote Originally Posted by DreamChaser View Post
      Its an old phone and has multiple alarm times to programme.
      Also doesn't wake up my wife anymore with an alarm.
      Now have to work out a way to record the dreams without waking her up with a light.
      Just leave a piece of paper that you can easily locate, along with a pencil or pen. And try t write a summary of your dream, when you wake up in the morning (assuming you have a normal sleep) read it and "translate" that to you dream journal. Or try to write it up in the cellphone, check if your cellphone has a Notes feature.

I will try again, since I didn't go to sleep yesterday XD

Toronto
      Quote Originally Posted by Bakuryu View Post
      this worked for me on the first try, i chained 2 LDs, where i usually only have 1 LD like a month >_>.

this is great. thanks ih8r

edit: oh, and also. it was the most vivid ld ever. =p

i pictured myself going out my house, i tried to look all around me like you said, and feeling everything i touch, even my footsteps.
      Feeling and touching stuff during your visualization helps a lot. I think the tactile sensation makes you forget about your real body and help focus on your dream body.

So for anybody whos reading this during the visualization try touching the wall or feeling the sensation of your feet touching the ground etc.

I didnt use this exact technique but i found something that works that i want to stress. I had a semi-lucid last night which i woke up from which ill just say i was very eager to get back to , it helps sooo soo much if you just remain exactly where you are and not move at all, lie completely still dont even open your eyes a little and just let it come back over you. I did this this morning and i was back in that dream
      Lucid Goals:
      [ ] have four lucid dreams in one week
      [X] be able to fly in a lucid dream
      [ ] complete a lucid task of the month
      [ ] have a conversation with my own sub-conscious

Lucid count: 11 Dild

New York
      So going to try this.

I've known what Lucid Dreaming was for about 3 years now and just decided to take it up. A dream journal really is helping me and I found this today.

I've managed to read the whole thing and you're getting REALLY good feedback on it. So I guess I'll say something tomorrow.

Mark Rooney
      NY
      Who the hell sleeps nine hours?

Natural Flyer Achievements:
      1 year registered 1000 Hall Points Veteran First Class

Austria
      Quote Originally Posted by MRooney View Post
      Who the hell sleeps nine hours?
      I do for example ^^
      Trying since: 06/23/2008 / First (DI)LD:07/29/2008
      DILD/OBE:6/0
      Quote Originally Posted by DeathCell View Post
      The Earth Is Flat! We Are The Center Of The Universe!!!!
      And to think the majority of the population thought that was right...
      ToDo List:
      See my Dream Journal

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowmanX View Post
      I do for example ^^
      I do as well. Or sometimes longer . Hey it's my Summer holiday

Mark Rooney
      NY
      That's true I suppose. This method wouldn't work too well during the school year, eh?

New York
      It didn't work for me

Probabaly because I took a 5 hr nap yesterday and forced myself to go to bed when I wasn't tired, though I DID wake up after 6 hrs like I told myself to.

Had a hard time trying to get back to sleep. Going to try again tonight.

LD Count
      GA
      Quote Originally Posted by Kim1234 View Post
      It didn't work for me

Probabaly because I took a 5 hr nap yesterday and forced myself to go to bed when I wasn't tired, though I DID wake up after 6 hrs like I told myself to.

Had a hard time trying to get back to sleep. Going to try again tonight.
      Yeah there's no doubt that the nap you took threw you off. That's why I try to steer clear of naps even when Im tired; I hate it when I fall asleep during the day b/c I know that Im going to be up all night!!! lol

New York
      Yea me too, hahaha.
      - Kim

"The best reason for having dreams is that in dreams no reasons are necessary."

Mark Rooney
      NY
      I tried this last night to some extent, I don't think I was tired enough though. I had just woken up from a nightmare.

k, i finally used this technique and it worked to some extent, but i mixed in with a deild

DONT MOVE AT ALL WHEN YOU WAKE UP

Your part of the brain that controls dreaming is still active as long as you dont move

i did this yesterday and did not move at all and after thirty seconds, i still felt like i was in bed, but decided to do an RC anyway and it turned out i was dreaming, so for those of you who think its not working, you might be dreaming already! DONT MOVE!
      Lucid Goals:
      [ ] have four lucid dreams in one week
      [X] be able to fly in a lucid dream
      [ ] complete a lucid task of the month
      [ ] have a conversation with my own sub-conscious

Lucid count: 11 Dild

Natural Flyer Achievements:
      1 year registered 1000 Hall Points Veteran First Class

Austria
      Quote Originally Posted by lucidboarder View Post
      ... you might be dreaming already! DONT MOVE!
      How true ^^. I tried again last night and tried and tried and suddenly the alarm rang and it was 3 hours later. I'm not sure but I guess I tried the technique while dreaming ^^ and woke up without realizing
      Trying since: 06/23/2008 / First (DI)LD:07/29/2008
      DILD/OBE:6/0
      Quote Originally Posted by DeathCell View Post
      The Earth Is Flat! We Are The Center Of The Universe!!!!
      And to think the majority of the population thought that was right...
      ToDo List:
      See my Dream Journal

New York
      Hahaha awesome! Good luck next time!
      - Kim

"The best reason for having dreams is that in dreams no reasons are necessary."

LD Count
      Wollongong, Australia
      I tried this this morning, but I don't think I was in a REM stage because I just fell asleep without a dream.

Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast