• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6
    Like Tree5Likes

Thread: LiveInTheDream's Public Dream Journal

The world is open source <span class='glow_FFA500'>LiveInTheDream</span>'s Avatar
      LD Count
      where you are not
      DJ Entries
      Well, it's been a while...between work and an otherwise busy schedule, I just haven't had time to write here lately! Not that there was much to tell...but keeping up with any dreams will help recall, so it's a bit of a shame nonetheless.

But today I've got the time, and last night I had a little lucid dream, so here we go again!

I was working in a department of a huge mall. At first everything was normal...just work as usual. I was talking to my manager, when all of a sudden, some guy with a mask ran in and started shooting! Got my manager two or three times. Strange thing was, though, he didn't get me.

See, as soon as that bullet had fired, it was like the dream went into slow-motion. I whirled around and saw the bullet tearing through the air and was able to dodge it without a problem. This clearly upset the killer, because he suddenly forgot about everyone else and just went after me. But I worked my way up closer and closer to him, dodging bullets all the way, and then eventually I let out a punch that threw him half-way across the room!

That was when I realized I was dreaming.

"Oh, why didn't I just use some psionic ability to take him down?" I thought out loud.

With a thought, I brought my manager back to life and then walked out of the store.

"Since this is a dream," I thought, "I should try some moves..."

So I did. Right in the middle of the mall, I started doing handsprings (front and back), aerials, flips, and other fun stuff. In the middle of all this, though, I got interrupted by an older lady who wanted some packages delivered. At first I tried to just make excuses and leave, but she was persistent, and I couldn't see why it would take long to deliver packages in a lucid dream, so eventually I gave in. I flew around the mall and tried to find the people to deliver the packages to, but it was actually harder than I thought to locate them. I caused everyone's names to appear over their heads so I'd know who to find, but I still just couldn't find everyone.

Eventually I did find one person, so I landed and delivered it to her, but then she turned around and told me about something she wanted me to do.
      I can't remember where exactly my lucidity faded, but every time I delivered a package, there would be another mini-quest thing that I was supposed to do, and eventually the dream was more of an RPG than anything. I still had lucid powers and I retained my moves (both of which I used frequently), but the realization of being in a dream was gone.

I can't remember all that I did...but it ranged from deliveries to rescuing people out of burning buildings to taking down assassins before they could reach their target. Most of it was kind of hazy from this point on, but that burning building experience was very clear. It was difficult to get inside, but eventually I managed to rip away a garbage chute that was coming out of the side of the building and get inside that way. Once in, I could feel the heat building up, the loud rumble of the flames, the boards beneath me rotting away...the entire building nearly collapsed with me inside. It began to fall, tilting the entire place, but I used telekinesis to hold the place up long enough for me to find the little girl I was sent to find and bring her out alive.

Well, it certainly took long enough, but eventually I had all mini-quests cleared and all packages delivered. I walked back to the place I had started at, told my manager what a crazy day I'd had, and soon
      woke up.

Click on the sig to view my dream journal!
      Click here to check out the Facebook page for 'The Lucid Dream' (1 & 2) short films!
      "What is an RC-MILD?" Click here to find out!

The world is open source <span class='glow_FFA500'>LiveInTheDream</span>'s Avatar
      LD Count
      where you are not
      DJ Entries

Thursday, May13, 2010

Again, work is why I haven't written in a while. So far I simply haven't figured out a way to maintain good recall on nights before work...or keep my mind from thinking about the day ahead and thus killing my remembrance to RC in dreams.

But today is a day off of work, so it was a day on for lucid dreaming!

And guess what? This time, it was another WILD.

I first woke up and I was on the floor. RC'd to be awake. Not sure how I got to be on the floor, but WILDing was on my mind, so I didn't stop to think about it. See, I had this little memory from a past dream. Someone had just told me "just relax and let your mind drift" for explaining how to WILD. So that's what I did. I didn't move somewhere else first, I just lay down where I was and stopped consciously forming thought processes.

Within moments, I saw light flashes, then images. Memories. Flashing by like lightning. Then there was this huge tingling sensation that overtook me. It was so powerful it almost hurt! And then...sounds, tons of different sounds all mixing together. Voices, mostly. I felt myself being pulled out of my body and into my dream body. Unintentionally, I rolled out of my physical self into my dream self. My eyes were still shut, though. But since I knew I was in a dream, I tried to open my dream eyes.

Instead, I opened my real eyes. I tried to just let my mind drift and relax and re-enter the dream, but nothing happened. So I stood up, shook my head a bit to wake me up enough to get fully out of the dream state, and then went back down to the floor and tried to force my mind into a dream, all within a few second. It worked. Lights, memory flashes, voices, and then the sensation of a second body all came back. My vision came to me, but I was still in my room, laying on the floor. This time I stood up in the second body, and I could see my real body laying on the floor.

It was a remarkable feeling, that transition from body to body. The dream body felt colder, yet not in an unpleasant way. Certainly not like the cold of a dead body. On the contrary, it was a vibrant chill that felt far more alive than what I feel during waking life. And since there's no dust or dirt whatsoever in dreams, the dream body felt clean in a way that's impossible to achieve IRL.

But anyway, there I was, in the dream. I was still in my room, looking down at the body I'd just left, and so I did an RC, and I could breath through my pinched nose easily. I trusted the RC to be true, but I couldn't believe how real everything around me was. It made me think about my last really good WILD, and once again I appreciated just how much more realistic WILDs are than other lucid dreams. There was simply nothing around me save reality checks that didn't feel and look 100% real. I walked down the hallway to look out the window. For some reason, walking in the dream body was a little awkward at first, but I got it figured out pretty quick. And when I looked out the window, I saw tons of snow, further confirming it to be a dream, although it was nonetheless real-looking. I tried teleporting short distances across the rooom then for the sake of practice, but strangely, I couldn't.

Of course, I didn't want to spend the whole dream in my house, so I went to the bathroom and flipped the light switch. Nothing happened.

"Oh, come on, I don't have this problem." I said to myself. "That's what other lucid dreamers complain about, but I've never had trouble with a light switch before."

I flipped the switch again. Still, nothing happened.

"Look, I know what this place should look like with light on, now just TURN ON!"

I flipped the switch one more time, and the lights came on...even though the switch was in the 'off' position.

"Well, that works."

Then I went inside and shut the door. There were people around the house that had tried to talk to me already, and I wanted them to leave me alone. You never know how DC's are going to react to teleporting somewhere, which is what I had in mind.

Except, now that I thought about it...there was something I had meant to do in my lucid dream, someplace I had meant to be, and I knew it, but I couldn't remember where!

When I gave up trying to remember the place, I decided to just go wherever I could go. It didn't matter to me where, since I couldn't remember any of my goals anyway. For the sake of doing things differently, I stepped into the shower and stood right on the drain. Then I imagined myself being sucked down in, and within moments, that's precisely what happened! My body swirled around, getting smaller by the second, then rushed down into the pipe like water.

I slid through pipes for quite some time, but when I finally came out, I was full size already, and so was everything around me. I had fallen from the ceiling into some sort of industrial looking store...kind of like Home Depot or Lowes. Only the stuff they had here was for anything but home improvement. In front of me was a huge display of video games, and there were better things than that around me. Guns, lightsabers, tanks, jeeps with mounted guns, etc.

Speaking of which, right at that moment someone came flying over a display in one such jeep and started trying to shoot me. I could have just stood there and been fine considering the bullets weren't real and I knew it, but my reaction was to teleport to the nearest cover, which I was able to do without trouble this time. Once the gun had stopped firing, I ran out and jumped onto the vehicle before the guy in it could drive away, also accidentally teleporting us both to some lush planet with a cool, color-filled sky and bright light on the ground even though there was no sun. I tried to reach the driver and take him out, but he whipped around a corner so fast that I lost my grip and flew over the side of a cliff as we were driving past it.

Of course I teleported myself again before I hit the ground, and wasn't surprised to have come back to the store. Only this time there was a girl there; one I know IRL. She had a camera, and held it out to me.

"Could you take a picture for me?" She asked.

I nodded and took the camera.

But then I also realized an interesting opportunity. If it is possible to bring things back from dreams into real life, what better thing to do it with than a picture? So I willed the camera to come back with me when I woke up, then snapped the picture.

Yet another intriguing thing happened, then. When I looked at the picture on the camera screen, I realized I had seen the picture before IRL. It was true to the dream, in that she really had posed exactly as the picture showed (while still remaining in life-like motion, I should add...she didn't freeze up like the picture or something), but it was also true to real life, in that even the background matched up with the real picture.

"Either I just time traveled and took this picture and I bring it back with me, or this is one impressively strong memory." I said to myself.

Obviously, I assume the latter.

Unfortunately, the dream began to fade at this point, and since I was holding the camera, my hands were too occupied to be rubbed together in time, and I didn't have time to spin or do anything else to save the dream.

It was like the dream body was somehow on a tether that my real body was pulling on, drawing them back together.
      I saw blurs, heard wooshing noises, and the feeling of my real body began to take over the vibrant chill of the dream one.

I woke up, and was now in bed. RC'd to be awake. How I got back in bed while WILDing I don't know. And no, neither the camera nor the picture came back with me.

But at least it was a highly lucid dream with a plot that wasn't too shabby. Could have been much better, though. Gotta work on remembering those dream goals!
      Last edited by LiveInTheDream; 05-13-2010 at 07:03 PM.

Click here to check out the Facebook page for 'The Lucid Dream' (1 & 2) short films!

Member Achievements:
      Made lots of Friends on DV Populated Wall Tagger First Class 5000 Hall Points Veteran First Class Referrer Bronze Made Friends on DV Vivid Dream Journal
      LD Count
      Lost count
      California
      DJ Entries
      man. That 3 month dream is intense! I can't imagine what it would be like to be traped in my mind for 3 months. I havn't had time to read any of your other dreams obviously because that one is so long but I look forward to seeing what your dreams are like where you have control.

LD Count
      where you are not
      DJ Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by MadMonkey View Post
      man. That 3 month dream is intense! I can't imagine what it would be like to be traped in my mind for 3 months. I havn't had time to read any of your other dreams obviously because that one is so long but I look forward to seeing what your dreams are like where you have control.
      Yep, it was pretty crazy. Several people have asked me why I didn't try harder to control that one, and for some reason I couldn't remember why for the longest time. But then eventually I came across Naiya's DILD/WILD guide, and it came back to me: because she said your dreams may have something important to get across, so if you can't seem to control the dream, look for the point to it instead. There were quite a few lessons to be learned from that dream, for sure...next time I think I'll try to fix my problems without living an extra three months in my head

Oh, and thanks for your interest!

LD Count
      where you are not
      DJ Entries

Friday, May 21, 2010

Hoo boy has it ever been too long since I wrote a dream in here. It's not that I haven't been having good recall, but I've been kind of working on a personal experiment to test out a theory I have as to why I don't lucid dream every night now that I can go lucid without any special method or really any work during the day. You can check it out here. I'd love to hear your thoughts on the theory!

But I'm sure everyone is going to want to hear some results, as well. Actually, I have several nights of lucid dreams that came from all this, but unfortunately I didn't always have time to write them down. I managed to get something from last night down on my computer before leaving for work today, though, so once again I will be creating a new entry in this dream journal!

Last night's lucid dream was a bit unusual in that my own dream goals never came to mind; I never once considered changing my circumstances to form a whole new story. I didn't even turn the story I was in into something supernatural, although I did do things that I wouldn't be able to IRL.

So here's what happened. A bunch of friends and I had gathered together to make a movie to raise money for something. I can't recall the details of the movie or what we were doing it for, but it was a good cause and a big deal to everyone involved. Though everyone had some say in how the production went, this one girl and I quickly rose to the top as directors.

There's a big hole in my memory right after there...I know a lot happened, whole weeks went by (though I didn't see every moment of every day), and we got a lot done.

Then I remember talking to this girl about music. Since we were going to be getting money for the movie, all the music had to be original. She was wondering how we'd make the music anywhere near as good as a standard production's.

“Oh, that's no problem.” I said. “This is just a dream. I can whip out an instrument and just start playing.”

“Really?” She replied, apparently taking no notice of the mention of being in a dream.

To prove it, I waved my hand in the air as if I was picking up a violin, and as soon as I held the imaginary instrument to my neck, a violin materialized. At first I didn't sound that great, but within a couple more tries at playing I was doing Viva la Vida in perfect pitch. (Why that song? Just cuz it's the first thing that came to mind, I guess)

Of course she was most impressed and pleased with it, especially when I told her that I'd never really played a violin before. The rest of that night was mostly spent just playing songs for the girl as she requested them, but I didn't mind.

As production went on, I could sense something happening between her and me. It wasn't that we talked more or hung out more or anything like that...only that when we did all those things, we were much closer than before. We were more open with each other.

Then there came that one fateful night when the group was supposed to meet for more shooting, and I was at home, getting ready to leave. For some reason my mom was there, and she was telling me how foolish I was being for participating in such a project, and said I was ignoring all of life's responsibilities for the sake of that movie. I tried to reason with her at first, but being in a dream, I knew I didn't really have to show respect. So I just walked past her, grabbed the car keys, and...she tried to physically block me from leaving. I just teleported into the car and left. (Don't ask why I didn't just teleport to the meeting spot...I don't know why that didn't come to mind in the first place.)

Since I had hurried to get away, I arrived at the meeting place early, so only a couple other people were there yet. I checked around to make sure all the sets were in place and all the cameras were running, and even listened to a sample of music that I had supposedly done all the instruments to (even though I only ever actually did the violin). I laughed to myself at the obvious dream plot hole, being the only person there who understood how that happened.

Just then, I happened to look through the window and see a bunch of people arriving. I hurried to the door and held it open for the ladies. They all thanked me and then moved on...well, almost all of them.

This particular girl that I had grown fond of walked in the door last, thanked me for holding it, then just looked at me for a few seconds. The impulse to look away came, but I ignored it. Then she just winked and began to walk off. But I knew what that meant. We'd come a long ways.

I walked after the girl and grabbed her by the hand. She turned around, but now looked nervous. I put my other hand in hers, and we stood there, just holding hands. Then I started trying to move closer, but she took a step back each time I took a step forward.

“Are you sure you want this?” She asked, suddenly fumbling with words and stuttering left and right.

“I'm sure." I replied calmly. "Don't you?”

“Well, yes, but...but how do we know this is the...the right thing? For us?”

“I think we both know the answer to that one.”

She took a look behind her, but continued to step back. She was running out of room.

“I just...I don't know...I don't want to worry...”

Then she stepped up against a wall, and could back up no further.

“Oh...I...uh...” she continued.

“Don't worry. Everything's alright.”

I slowly reached up and caressed her cheek, which seemed to ignite something inside her. She jumped up and flung her arms around my neck, holding on so tightly that I was the only thing holding her up off the ground.

My memory fades after that...maybe that's when my alarm went off; I can't remember exactly.

Anyway, not the best example of a lucid dream, but it does offer some proof to my theory that the only reason I don't lucid dream every night is because I've presently trained myself to think that lucid dreaming is something difficult to achieve. The past few nights I've been focusing on consciously unlearning that, and as you can see, it has indeed worked. With time, I'm sure I'll come to better control things and become a full-fledged natural LDer

Wish me luck!

LD Count
      where you are not
      DJ Entries

Monday, May 24, 2010

Well, I didn't really plan on WILDing last night, but I woke up shortly before 5:00 and just rolled over and tried to go back to sleep.

I didn't move a whole lot, so it wasn't long before I started to feel the loss of sensation in my hands (these always go first, for me). Since I'd gotten that far, I thought "Well, why not see if I can make it?" So I just focused on keeping my mind conscious enough to WILD and letting everything else fall asleep.

Strangely, I didn't have any HI this time. It was even a pretty calm ride as far as vibrations and other weird sensations were concerned. I just noticed after a while that I really couldn't move...it wasn't just a loss of sensation anymore, I really couldn't move. "Here we go, then!"

It was like I sank down out of my body then, but I could still feel both it and the dream body my mind had created. But being in the dream now, it was like a single wave passing across me, starting from my toes and moving up to my head, was erasing those last sensations of my real body so that I was completely in the dream.

I could already open my eyes and look around me at this point, but I waited until the wave had passed before I tried to move anything so I didn't lose the dream. I was still in my bedroom, laying down, but everything was much darker than it should have been, so I knew I hadn't failed the WILD.

Once all the vibrations had ceased and I felt I was securely in the dream, I did a reality check and tested to be dreaming, and then immediately got up and tried to fly out of my house and on to things more exciting.

I had a slight and temporary problem at the outset; I could fly no problem, but as soon as I focused on moving through a wall or the ceiling, I'd lose my flying concentration and so begin to descend. This only lasted a few seconds though, as I quickly figured out to focus on
      flying through the wall, a singular thing, not flying and phasing through.

And then the last wall to my house was a bit of a bugger, too. Instead of simply letting me pass through it, at first it tried to stretch out and hold me inside, like it was made of elastic.

"Oh, come on, I'm
      outside already." I said for the sake of convincing my subconscious to let me go.

The wall snapped back through me and into its place then, leaving me hovering outside, looking down on my neighborhood exactly as it looks IRL. I had planned no dream goals for this WILD, so rather than go to any place in particular, I just picked a direction and decided to fly at lightspeed for a little while and just see where I ended up.

I've never flown that fast before. It was awesome.
      Way better than teleporting, because I actually got to see everything that I flew over, which was really impressive considering all of it was a dream. There were houses, tall buildings, cars, people, birds, trees...I saw it all for what felt like miles of nearly instant travel.

I might have kept on going, but then I heard a call.

"Hey! Down here!"

Couldn't tell who it was from my distance, but I figured I might as well go and check it out. I slowed down, flew low, and finally landed on the ground in a really strange kind of place.

Everything was tropical, and yet, industrial. There was no grass, no roads, just sand. There were many buildings of the style that you see around beaches, and they all had water features that pooled into streams which flowed all throughout the city, using the sand to form intricate pathways of their own. But at the same time, it looked planned out, since several of these little streams went into the base of a big fountain at the center of the place. This fountain's job was apparently to spray the water all the way back up to the top of all the buildings, spewing out a stream in every direction so every building was continually re-using the water.

"This would be a pretty cool place to go on a dream date in..."

After taking all this in for a short while, the person who had stopped me walked up and thanked me for coming. I could see now that it was a woman. That gave me another idea.

"I wonder if I could take over this DC's body and go on a date from the female perspective? That would be interesting..."

So I began to ask the woman some questions, like where the best restaurant was. Once everything was answered and I had a plan, I was just about to make my first attempt at DC possession when something else came to mind.

"Oh, and one last thing. How old are you?" I asked.

"58." Was her reply.

She didn't look
      nearly that old at first glance, but once I actually thought about it, she certainly didn't look young anymore.

"58! But...that just won't do. Would you mind if I took some of those years away from you?"

She was repulsed by the offer.

"I'd really rather you didn't. In fact, I must be going now. Goodbye."

"Ok...I suppose I'll just look for someone else, then."

Problem was, there weren't a whole lot of people around. I had to just walk around for a minute before I saw anybody, and even then, it was a guy this time. He didn't look to be old, so I approached him.

"How old are you?" I asked.

"32."

"32, not bad at all. Still, would you mind if I took off about 10 years from that number?"

"Go right ahead, those were the best 10 years of my life! I wouldn't mind living them again!"

So I held my hands out towards him and through willpower caused him to grow just a bit younger. There wasn't a
      whole lot of visual difference, but there was some. Enough to make one guess his age would lie in the early 20's instead of the early 30's.

"Dude, I feel great! Thanks!"

Before I could ask the guy if he knew of any young woman who might be around, I felt a hand on my shoulder and turned around to see a VERY old woman standing there in front of me.

"What you just did for that man...would you do that for me?" She asked.

Now, I would have guessed that this woman was in her late 80's, and near death. Her skin was almost colorless. Hair completely white, and thin. Skin wrinkled something awful.

But it was just so crazy I had to give it a shot.

"Alright, I'll do it."

I held out my hands and began the transformation. It must have been a shocking feeling, because the instant change began to happen, the old woman grabbed onto my wrists and held on tightly.

It was a crazy thing to watch. The wrinkles tightened up, her hair grew thick and long as it simultaneously turned to a glossy dark brown, a healthy pink flooded into her pale skin, and many other such things as well.

When I was finally finished, the now-young woman brushed her hair out of her face and smiled brightly at the change. I couldn't believe how amazing she looked. I mean, this girl was a TKO! I wondered if I should simply take her out on a date myself instead of take her over...

I held on to the girl's hand and led her to the guy I had transformed a minute ago, and he immediately began to ask her out. I was just getting ready to take possession, one way or the other, when...

I woke up.

Since I was awake, I didn't try to DEILD for fear that I would fail and then not have recalled the past dream at all. So instead I went back through the dream in my memory until I had it in my mind pretty well and then I rolled over and tried to WILD again.

Once more, it was a pretty easy ride to the dream. All I felt was the inability to move, and then a wave-like transition into the dream body, and then...

Dream 2:

I was standing in a room with a crowd of people, but somehow they all seemed dull in color and liveliness compared to one person right in front of me. He seemed different than the rest of the people around. Not that his actions were spectacular; he simply was taking pictures with a really nice camera. Eventually he noticed me looking at him, but it didn't seem to bother him. He just waved and said 'hi'.

But there was something weird that happened during that short event. From the moment we made eye contact, I heard a faint whisper and saw ghost-like words scroll across my vision, both saying the same thing: "Man of Shred"

"No way, Man of Shred?" I thought. "I've got to find out!"

I tried to run towards him and get his attention, but he had seen someone else and was making his way through the crowd to get to them.

"Hey! Wait! It's LiveInTheDream!"

Yes, I woke up in the middle of that last sentence. And I finished saying it out loud, IRL. It was weird...like I had gotten kicked out of the dream. Usually there's a split-second sensation of "oh crap I'm waking up", but not this time. One moment I was in the dream, the next I was fully awake.

And I felt like I was being watched. Seriously. As in, I wouldn't have been a bit surprised if I had turned around and found someone standing right next to my bed. It was that real a feeling to me.

So now the question is...was that really Man of Shred I saw, or just an imposter of a dream character?

You can be sure I'll look further into this one. MoSh, you've got a PM heading your way...

Jesus of DV Achievements:
      1 year registered Made lots of Friends on DV Referrer Bronze Veteran First Class 25000 Hall Points 10000 Hall Points Tagger First Class Huge Dream Journal
      <span class='glow_0000FF'>Man of Shred</span>'s Avatar
      LD Count
      Lethbridge, alberta
      DJ Entries
      Was the room dark by any chance? I remember a dream of standing in a dark room with weird creatures and then seeing a girl run down th hallway. I chased after her.
      The Best of my dream journal
      http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x15/LucidSeeker/RanmaSig.jpg
      MoSh: How about you stop trying to define everything, and just accept what you experience, and explore it.
      - From the DJ of Waking Nomad!
      Quote Originally Posted by The Cusp View Post
      I'm guessing those intergalactic storm cloud monster bugs come out of sacred energy vortex angel gate medicine wheels.

LD Count
      where you are not
      DJ Entries
      Yes, it was rather dark. Actually, I started out in the dream sitting down, so what with all the people (and weird creatures, but mostly I was seeing people) around, all I could see of the room itself was a gray wall. And yes, it was a hallway as well.

LD Count
      where you are not
      DJ Entries

Friday, May 28, 2010

Woke up at about 6:00 this morning and realized I hadn't had any lucid dreams yet. Since it was early, I still had time for another REM cycle, and I wasn't about to lose that chance, so I rolled over and decided to WILD.

Instead, I just passed out, but it ended up working out ok.

First thing I know, I'm standing on the rail of my backyard deck, looking down at the ground below. I knew I was in a dream already, so I just jumped and tried to fly off. As I flew, I also did a couple other things to improve the dream experience. First, I pinched my nose and tried to breath in so that there would be no doubt as to my state and I wouldn't lose lucididty. Then, I shouted: "Time: SLOW DOWN!" So that even if I only slept for 5 real minutes, it would feel like hours to me (just a little idea I spontaneously thought up, and it's not a bad one, if I may say so myself).

For some reason, though, in the middle of flight, I also teleported unintentionally. So as I was landing from flying, I saw the place I had flown to. But the moment I hit the ground, I was inside a building with a huge ceiling made entirely of glass. The walls and floor were of metal and not glass, but they still had a high reflectivity level, and everything looked very clean.

To my left was a teacher who was standing and giving a lecture, pacing back and forth and being very emphatic. To my right were two rows of students, obviously college-age. It didn't take long to figure out that this was a specialty class, what with the nice building, distinguished-looking teacher, and the fact that there weren't many students compared to the huge room.

Still, knowing it was a dream, I held no respect for the situation, and I walked right in front of the teacher and looked over the students to see if there was anyone there that I recognized. Eventually one girl I know IRL (whom I shall refer to as Jane Doe) waved and said 'hi'.
      (This was also the girl I flew around in my first real WILD, and that has appeared in my dreams a couple times since then) I figured she'd be perfect to go around with again, so I walked over to her, literally threw aside the school materials, and asked her to come with me. I was half surprised that she didn't object due to being in school. Of course...the teacher hadn't skipped a beat in his droning lecture since I came in, so apparently it wasn't that hard for people there to ignore certain things.

I led Jane to a big window at the back of the room.

"You want to see something fun?" I asked.

"Sure!" came the reply.

So in one motion, I jumped, picked her up, and smashed through the window
      (not that the window needed to break; I could have just phased through it, but c'mon, what's more dramatic? Phasing, or seeing a million particles of glass fly everywhere?) We then fell down for several stories, picking up speed the whole time. Then, at the last moment, I slowed down my descent just enough so that I could comfortably land without it feeling like I'd actually altered our fall.

I turned to Jane, whom I was still holding. She didn't look impressed.

"What? I just jumped out of a building and fell for like 500 feet, and you didn't find that fun?"

"It was fun...I suppose. But that kind of scared me! I don't usually jump out of buildings for fun and expect it to work out ok."

"If you were lucid dreaming you'd probably appreciate it more, I suppose." I muttered under my breath. Then, speaking up, "Well, how about this, then?"

I jumped up and started to fly again, then looked over at Jane. She was smiling this time; it just wasn't the same since we have gone flying so many times now. When I looked back in front of me, I realized we had teleported again. Now we were back to the place I had landed at prior to the first unintentional teleport. By now, the sun was setting and there was some sort of party going on. One of my co-workers was there, and she approached me.

"You realize you're going to be in this dream for four years." She said.

"What?"

"Since you slowed the time down...it will feel like four years."

"Oh. Ok. That's fine with me."

Really, it was. Things were going well. I wouldn't have minded four years of lucidity. But I still didn't believe her. Generally, don't take lucid dreaming tips from a DC. They don't know what they're talking about. I just was trying to get to the table where the food and drinks were, and not get stopped any more along the way.

So I grabbed Jane's hand and led her through the small crowd to one of the tables and picked up a couple glasses of punch. IRL, I hate punch, but who says it has to taste bad in an LD?

It gets a little hazy around here...Jane and I separated from the crowd and I asked her about our relationship...and I don't remember her answer, but she hugged me, so it must not have been too bad.

And next thing I remember, my alarm is going off an
      d I'm waking up.

Stupid alarm clocks. Oh well, I suppose I should be thankful I don't get to work late

Oh, and I really recommend slowing down time every time you lucid dream. It really felt like several hours even though now it seems like only a few minutes

Member Achievements:
      Made lots of Friends on DV Populated Wall Tagger First Class 5000 Hall Points Veteran First Class Referrer Bronze Made Friends on DV Vivid Dream Journal
      LD Count
      Lost count
      California
      DJ Entries
      That time slowdown thing is a realy good idea. You could always have as much time to lucid as you want if you just make time perseption about 4 times faster. I'll do that next time I have a full lucid.

LD Count
      where you are not
      DJ Entries
      That time slowdown thing is a realy good idea. You could always have as much time to lucid as you want if you just make time perseption about 4 times faster.
      My thoughts exactly. Hope it works for ya! I'd be interested to hear how it goes

LD Count
      where you are not
      DJ Entries

Thursday, June 3, 2010

Once again, it's been far too long since I last put an entry in here. I'll try to start updating more frequently again, but...no promises

I seem to have developed a weird mental block about lucid dreams. You may remember my post about how we can become unsuccessful with lucid dreams simply because we subconsciously believe them to be difficult. Since this realization, my amount of naturally-occurring lucid dreams has sky-rocketed to nearly 100% of all recent lucid dreams...but I haven't had as many lucid dreams what with not putting a lot of work into a particular method, so that percentage is really not so impressive as it may initially seem.

The problem is, I'll find myself thinking with two minds in a dream. There's my 'dream mind' which is caught up with the bizarre events of the dream story, and there's my subconscious mind that clearly realizes I'm dreaming, but due to being asleep, illogically thinks: "Oh, I'm dreaming! Too bad this isn't a lucid dream..." often resulting in a dream where I have all the powers of lucidity and I understand that I cannot be hurt and things like that, but without really ever understanding why.

It's starting to become quite annoying. If I could get myself to make the right conclusion at the moment I realize I'm non-lucid dreaming, I seriously could have multiple LDs every night without putting any more effort into it than simply reminding myself about it before I go to sleep!

Anyway, I guess fixing that starts with maintaining good dream recall, so here's what I remember of last night's dream:

I was in some party house, and I was preparing (you guessed it) a party. The interior of the place resembled my real house in layout, but everything about the rooms was vastly different. All the walls and many ceilings and floors were painted black, with brightly-colored symbols and images painted on top in random places. Under a black light, they looked quite cool.

At first, everything was going smoothly. I got disco balls and club lights mounted, music started playing, food and drinks set out...and then at one moment, I slipped on a ladder and caught the palm of my right hand on a sharp point as I fell.

When I looked at the damage, my entire palm had been split, and now my thumb and a large piece of skin from my hand were dangling loose, nearly to fall off at any moment. With my other hand, I tried to pull everything back together, but multiple attempts proved unsuccessful for one reason or another. My first try, I managed to get the skin lined up correctly, but I hadn't fit my thumb bones back into their place properly, so my actual thumb was hollow and the bones for it were being pinned down beneath the skin of my palm.

I tried pulling the skin back then, which hurt like crazy, but I knew it had to be done, else I'd be without a functioning thumb. I slid the bones and muscles back inside the hollow skin of the thumb and then tried replacing the skin. For some reason I had difficulty lining it back up this time, and so it pulled too far, squishing my entire hand together into a shape much thinner than it should be.

Finally, one of my friends arrived and saw the trouble. The solution we ended up with was that I would get the skin into place, and then hold it there while my friend wrapped tape around it to hold things together long enough for me to see a doctor. It seemed to work.

"It's too bad this dream isn't a lucid dream." I said to myself.

The party went on, but the pain in my hand increased, and eventually the tape wouldn't hold any more, giving me the same issue as before with my thumb potentially falling off. At one point, the pain grew so intense that I collapsed on the ground. That sure didn't help anything! I landed wrong, which made the bones and muscles in my thumb rip right through the skin, making things worse than ever before. I rolled over, writhing in pain, and grabbed my hand, now awake IRL.

Strangely enough, it did hurt around my palm and thumb. Not sure why. But of course it wasn't cut open and about to fall off

LD Count
      where you are not
      DJ Entries

Saturday, June 5, 2010

A friend of mine was dead.

That's what the phone call that started it all was about. Of course I rushed to the scene of the crime as soon as I could so as to learn more about what happened, but it honestly didn't do me much good. All anyone knew for sure was that one moment my friend was alive and well and the next he was laying in a pool of blood, several knife wounds all over his body.

No one ever saw the killer. He didn't even leave fingerprints behind, so there was no good way to track him down, either. This, of course, made the last person to see my friend the primary suspect: Zachary Quinto. He was literally dragged to the scene of the crime and the police attempted to identify any sort of evidence with him.

They discovered the cuts on my friend's body matched the width and length of a knife owned by Mr. Quinto, but when they produced said knife, Zach didn't seem to recognize it. He didn't appear to be bluffing, either; he was genuinely shocked that a long, brown knife had been discovered on the floor of his home, caked in blood.

Quinto was promptly arrested, and I was asked to leave while further investigation was carried out. I was by no means satisfied, though. The next day I paid a visit to the police office to inquire about their discoveries. They told me that evidence against Quinto was insufficient and they would be letting him go later on that day, and also that the knife they found belonged to a mysterious killer known only by the alias "Knife-baby". The killer's targets seemed random; just whoever was in the wrong place at the wrong time.

And this time, chance had it so that the Knife-baby killer's choice was personal.

I set out on a quest to find out just who this murderer was and bring them down myself, or otherwise set them up for arrest. It didn't take long before I met up with Quinto, who was planning to do the same thing in order to clear his own name.

We went all over the globe together, following the tiniest and most confusing trails of clues, hoping that sooner or later we'd find our guy. Sadly, the biggest help we got was the frequent news reports of the Knife-baby killer's latest victims. After enough people had been killed, we were able to line up their locations on a map like a 'connect the dots' picture and plot a line to predict where the killer would be next. The location? A research building in the Amazon jungle.

Quinto and I approached the building from a ways off, not wanting to alert anyone of our presence by the sound of a vehicle. After hacking through security at the back door, we began to make our way through the hallway, keeping our eyes peeled in all possible directions.

Suddenly, all went black. I heard a noise like a muffled explosion followed by the feedback of a thousand echoes. It hurt my ears, so I put my hands over them while crying out in pain...and as I fell to my knees, the light came back on, and I was on my knees before the dead body of a scientist who worked in the facility. Blood was everywhere, and knife wounds were clearly visible in the corpse's back. It was then that I noticed my hands were wet, so I pulled them down, away from my ears, and was horrified to see that my own hands were also caked with blood, and I held a long, brown knife in my right hand.

Quinto was unharmed, but backed up against the wall, and breathing hard. He was clearly freaked out by the whole thing. When he got his breath back, he stared at the body, and at me.

"You...you...you're the Knife-baby killer!" He said angrily, charging at me and pinning me up against the wall.

"What? Think about what you're saying! Why would I have killed my own friend, framed you, and then come all this way with you just so I could turn around and show you that I was the one all along? Do you really think I'm that stupid?" I replied.

Quinto let go and backed off, huffing with frustration that we'd missed the killer again.

"So how does this work?" He asked. "Does the killer ever actually kill anyone? Or does he just use us as proxies?"

"Wait a minute, so you're saying you did kill my friend?"

"You know that's not true! I saw what you just saw! Blackness, then that noise, then a dead body sitting at my feet, and a long brown knife and blood in my hands. But I got rid of the knife; I got rid of the knife!! The killer obviously wanted me to be framed...that's why he put the knife back in my house! And now he wants you as well. Maybe that's how he handles people who have leads on his location. Puts them in prison by false accusation."

"Then let's follow him, before he gets away!"

We turned back to the door we'd come in, and found it still wide open. There was a moment of self-hatred, thinking we'd just created the killer's escape route. That was the final straw. We charged outside just in time to see a black figure running into another building a short ways away.

"There he is!" Quinto pointed.

The chase was on! We smashed through the door to the building and kept running, absolutely determined not to let this guy get away. We were gaining on the figure, who was still black as a shadow even up close, and then we followed him around a corner...only to hear a scream and see the Knife-baby killer throwing himself over us, knocking us both to the ground.

When I got up, I was no longer in the building, Quinto was no longer there, and the Knife-baby killer was completely out of my memory. The dream continued on as a rather typical false-awakening.

Still no lucid dream, but it's cool non-lucids like this that make me not mind so much

Member Achievements:
      LD Count
      Lost count
      California
      DJ Entries
      Thats a great dream. I love how your dreams are like movies so much that I can even predict whats going to happen next like in a movie you think psht its that guy I had a feeling you were going to be the knife-baby and what a bizar alias. lol Have you played the game Heavy Rain for the ps3 because I think you would realy like it. Just make sure you don't get any spoilers from youtube or it will ruin the game.

LD Count
      where you are not
      DJ Entries
      Thats a great dream. I love how your dreams are like movies so much that I can even predict whats going to happen next like in a movie you think psht its that guy I had a feeling you were going to be the knife-baby and what a bizar alias. lol Have you played the game Heavy Rain for the ps3 because I think you would realy like it. Just make sure you don't get any spoilers from youtube or it will ruin the game.
      LOL I know the alias is so stupid

I haven't played Heavy Rain cuz I don't have a PS3, but I'm determined to go through it someday. I've played Indigo Prophecy/Fahrenheit, though, which is probably where a lot of this dream came from

LD Count
      where you are not
      DJ Entries

Thursday, June 10, 2010

Finally, another long and fun-filled lucid dream!! Unfortunately, my dream recall has been at a low point as of late, so I can neither remember every detail nor what order things go in...but I will certainly do my best.

When the dream began, I was simply walking through some store. It wasn't your average store; everything was painted black or a dark gray, and the lights were kept just bright enough to see comfortably. I'm not sure what they were supposed to be selling at this, since I never saw any products anywhere, but there was a single cashier behind a solitary desk.

As I walked through this place, something suddenly bothered my nose. Maybe a fly nearly went up into it or something; I'm not really sure. But I simply reached up and rubbed my nose with the back of my hand, which should have temporarily cut off breathing...but it didn't.

"That felt weird." I thought. "I had better check again."

This time I pinched hard and still breathed in effortlessly.

"Ok...do I actually get to say it?" I asked myself, realizing with excitement what was going on. "I'm...I'm dreaming! Yes, I'm actually aware of it! I'm dreaming!"

Of course, the first thing that came to mind then was the question of what to do with this dream.

"I need to have a Matrix fight!"

The moment I looked down, I was suddenly no longer myself, but Neo. And when I looked all around the room, doors had appeared in the walls. I took my stance and waited. Within moments, all sorts of people rushed in from them; agents, the Twins, and all kinds of other henchmen, too.

Although the ensuing fight was enjoyable from Neo's perspective, it was altogether far too short. I simply unleashed my dream body in a fury of moves that would be too fast for waking-mind reaction speeds, but as the dream itself was a matter of thought processes, my actions could apparently be just as quick as each electrical signal that formed my environment. This effectively sent people flying everywhere, and when they hit the walls, it was usually hard enough that they did not get back up.

I looked around after the last man was down, saw their bodies laying everywhere, and figured I should move on to something else.

"I should accomplish some dream goal or task of the month. Don't think I'll be doing either of those here, now."

Since I was already Neo, I bent low to the ground, which sent small waves out from under me, just before I shot straight up into the sky, phasing right through the ceiling to get there.

It was night all around me, but I could see a sea sparkling beneath a sky full of stars off to my right, and a city alive with lights in every window to my left.

"Let's see, what was that task of the month? Oh yes. Pyrokinesis. I think I'll skip on the mushroom patch...Neo just doesn't seem to fit in that scene."

I reached my hands up over my head and formed a large flame in between them. Since I had nothing better to burn, I threw it down towards the store I'd just been in and watched it explode as I continued to feed fire into it from the palms of my hands.

Shortly, however, I came to the realization that my goal had been accomplished, and once again it was far too short. I needed new territory; new people. So I shot off across the sea to my right and planned on just going to whatever place struck me first.

I ended up having much less say in the matter than I had planned on, though. For some reason, soon after crossing the sea and arriving in another city, I began to lose my ability to fly. At first I tried to just change my position a little, but that only sped up my descent. Eventually I was plummeting straight down and I could do nothing to stop it.

My fall ended at a glass roof in someone's apartment. I went crashing through, suddenly myself again and no longer neo. Of course the family that lived there was startled to say the least, and instantly ran to see if I was alright. I'm sure they expected blood and glass wounds, but I only ever saw one piece of glass in me, and as soon as I pulled it out of my arm and passed my hand over it the wound was gone.

From this point on, things get very hazy, which is frustrating, because the longest part of the dream came hereafter.

I stayed with that family for days (though I didn't see every moment of each day), trying to regain my ability to fly, and also using them as an experiment. Over our time together, I didn't just outright tell them they were part of a dream, but I slowly built up their knowledge
      of the world until they understood that none of it really existed and that they could bend or break all the rules as they wished. The parents seemed to have a hard time accepting it, only ever being able to do things like move pencils across a table with telekineses. The younger ones, however, caught on quite well, and when I finally did recover my ability to fly, they could easily join me.

There was, however, a LOT involved in all of that; this is one of the longest lucid dreams I've had in a long while. I simply don't remember all the details

After a while, I went into a false awakening and tried to write down the previous dream. Unfortunately, all I succeeded in was screwing up my recall, since I wasn't truly awake.

It doesn't actually seem like that fun of a dream now that I write it, but while I was going through it it sure seemed enjoyable

NOTICE: This shall be the last of my dream journal entries that uses this format. From now on I shall use the new DJ Blog format. I intend to get everything migrated over there, so all these entries will not be lost in the midst of a vast archive, but for nostalgia's sake...so long, my first-ever dream journal!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6