• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views




    Results 1 to 7 of 7
    Like Tree1Likes
    • 1 Post By Puffin

    Thread: Spinning technique question

    1. #1
      Sacred Dreamer Andra's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 2010
      LD Count
      many
      Gender
      Location
      The Ocean Of Nirvana
      Posts
      151
      Likes
      3

      Question Spinning technique question

      So while spinning should you keep your eyes open or closed?
      Also can anyone explain exactly how to do it so it won't wake you up because that's what usually happens to me.

    2. #2
      Member
      Join Date
      Oct 2009
      Posts
      6,310
      Likes
      2026
      Keep your eyes open AT ALL TIMES during a dream; you need to be aware of your surroundings at all times so you don't wake.
      The spinning itself, just spin in a circle rather slowly. Going too fast will streak the dream scenery and might cause you to wake up.

      If you're wanting to change locations, try summoning a door or imagine the scenery changing around you as you spin; keep your eyes open though and just visualize things.
      Andra likes this.

    3. #3
      Sacred Dreamer Andra's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 2010
      LD Count
      many
      Gender
      Location
      The Ocean Of Nirvana
      Posts
      151
      Likes
      3
      Great!Thanks Puffin

      And while spinning you have to already start visualizing right?

    4. #4
      Member
      Join Date
      Oct 2009
      Posts
      6,310
      Likes
      2026
      Quote Originally Posted by Andra View Post
      Great!Thanks Puffin

      And while spinning you have to already start visualizing right?
      If you want to teleport, yes.
      But if you want to stay where you are, you don't really have to do anything but look around. It'll help your mind work to create more pieces of the location, helping to stabilize the dream.

    5. #5
      [?] chase's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2008
      LD Count
      Lost count!
      Gender
      Location
      United States
      Posts
      176
      Likes
      27
      You usually visualize where you want to end up as you're spinning. Sometime it will NOT work, you might still be in the same location (being attacked by bees like I was) or it will actually bring you to the location you envisioned or something similar. But mostly you just spin and focus on something in your mind. I never really had time to think about keeping my eyes open or closed it happens so fast you don't really think about that aspect of it.
      "Turn around and you will see. Life is like a roundabout. A kind of LSD."

    6. #6
      Member Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal Tagger First Class 1000 Hall Points Veteran First Class
      whiterain's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 2010
      LD Count
      yes
      Posts
      416
      Likes
      64
      DJ Entries
      71
      Quote Originally Posted by Puffin View Post
      If you want to teleport, yes.
      But if you want to stay where you are, you don't really have to do anything but look around. It'll help your mind work to create more pieces of the location, helping to stabilize the dream.
      yeah i agree. spin slowly, take in the details of your surroundings and rub your hands together are some of the best stabilisers. actually doing most tactile things are pretty good, although not that sometimes

      spinning while you are flying can be alot of fun, and has seemed to sort of take me up a level, however it can be a bit destabilising if too quick

    7. #7
      Member
      Join Date
      Oct 2009
      Posts
      6,310
      Likes
      2026
      Quote Originally Posted by whiterain View Post
      yeah i agree. spin slowly, take in the details of your surroundings and rub your hands together are some of the best stabilisers. actually doing most tactile things are pretty good, although not that sometimes

      spinning while you are flying can be alot of fun, and has seemed to sort of take me up a level, however it can be a bit destabilising if too quick
      Touching things with texture is one of the best things you can do to stabilize, as well as rubbing your hands together.

    Similar Threads

    1. Is this how the spinning technique works?
      By ModestMouse in forum General Lucid Discussion
      Replies: 4
      Last Post: 08-21-2010, 05:59 PM
    2. 2 WILDs in a row-spinning technique
      By David7 in forum Wake Initiated Lucid Dreams (WILD)
      Replies: 7
      Last Post: 07-10-2009, 02:25 AM
    3. Spinning technique doesn't work that well
      By horsebucket in forum General Lucid Discussion
      Replies: 15
      Last Post: 07-09-2008, 07:52 PM
    4. The spinning technique wakes me up everytime ..
      By KryCheQ in forum Dream Control
      Replies: 8
      Last Post: 08-25-2005, 04:57 PM
    5. the spinning technique
      By ekimup in forum General Lucid Discussion
      Replies: 6
      Last Post: 08-01-2003, 10:22 PM

    Bookmarks

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •