• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views




    Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Results 1 to 25 of 37
    Like Tree5Likes

    Thread: The World Figured Out.

    1. #1
      Member
      Join Date
      Jan 2010
      Gender
      Location
      Your Dreams
      Posts
      746
      Likes
      56

      The World Figured Out.

      I know feel arrogant for saying this, but I feel like I have the whole world figured out. I am only 15 and I think I have everything down to a solution. I am very observant, so I have been observing people things my whole life. I lost this ability, but I used to be able to see right through people. I used to be able to see right through peoples lies, expressions, illusions, etc.. This was when I was a little kid, lol. This would be useful now, to bad I lost that special touch... So I want to ask, do you feel like you have the world figured out?

    2. #2
      Ad absurdum Achievements:
      1 year registered 1000 Hall Points Made lots of Friends on DV Referrer Bronze Veteran First Class
      Spartiate's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2007
      Gender
      Location
      Block 4500-7000
      Posts
      4,825
      Likes
      1113

    3. #3
      Member
      Join Date
      Jan 2011
      Posts
      35
      Likes
      3
      Even if it does feel that way, there will always be something new to figure out.

    4. #4
      Member
      Join Date
      Jan 2010
      Gender
      Location
      Your Dreams
      Posts
      746
      Likes
      56
      Quote Originally Posted by spartiate View Post
      lol

    5. #5
      Banned
      Join Date
      Oct 2005
      Gender
      Posts
      4,571
      Likes
      1070
      The WHOLE WORLD?

    6. #6
      Banned
      Join Date
      Nov 2007
      LD Count
      im here for you
      Location
      australia
      Posts
      3,677
      Likes
      415
      apparently not females

      -

      sounds like you're not being exposed to anything new. go out and do something you've never done before with people you've never been with in places you've never been.

    7. #7
      Lucid Shaman mcwillis's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 2010
      Posts
      1,470
      Likes
      458
      DJ Entries
      3
      I took Maitreya 9 years of constant meditation 24 hours a day to decide whether to openly walk among humans again. He did and shortly moved from the deep Himalayas to London in 1977.

      Please click on the links below, more techniques under investigation to come soon...


    8. #8
      The First Lightbender Achievements:
      Tagger First Class Made lots of Friends on DV Referrer Bronze 5000 Hall Points Veteran First Class
      IAmCoder's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 2010
      Location
      The Hague
      Posts
      1,049
      Likes
      517
      "Everything I once believed to be true I now know to be false" in 10, 9, 8...

    9. #9
      Member
      Join Date
      Oct 2009
      Posts
      6,310
      Likes
      2026
      I feel like I've figured out a lot of stuff too, and I'm only 16. More than the "average" person nowadays... I can see through tricks used in marketing and I know how to spot lies. I know what business is like because I've been there. I know better than to spoil a dog so it ends up biting people. I've had lots of emotional experiences. And awkward as it is to admit, I see that people, as a whole, are relatively selfish.

      But nobody knows everything, no matter how much you feel you do!

    10. #10
      ├┼┼┼┼┤
      Join Date
      Jun 2006
      Gender
      Location
      Equestria
      Posts
      6,315
      Likes
      1190
      DJ Entries
      1
      Quote Originally Posted by Puffin View Post
      I feel like I've figured out a lot of stuff too, and I'm only 16. More than the "average" person nowadays... I can see through tricks used in marketing and I know how to spot lies. I know what business is like because I've been there. I know better than to spoil a dog so it ends up biting people. I've had lots of emotional experiences. And awkward as it is to admit, I see that people, as a whole, are relatively selfish.
      Yes, this is revolutionary and ground breaking knowledge. Truly, your intelligence rivals that of our greatest thinkers. Goes for OP as well.
      Last edited by Marvo; 01-26-2011 at 05:00 PM.

      ---------
      Lost count of how many lucid dreams I've had
      ---------

    11. #11
      Member
      Join Date
      Oct 2009
      Posts
      6,310
      Likes
      2026
      Quote Originally Posted by Marvo View Post
      Yes, this is revolutionary and ground breaking knowledge. Truly, your intelligence rivals that of our greatest thinkers. Goes for OP as well.
      I don't appreciate the smartass comment. I'm not saying I'm really deep and truly knowledgeable about everything, I am only touching on what I know that, quite honestly, not a lot of people around me seem to even have a clue about.

    12. #12
      Once again. Raspberry's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2010
      Gender
      Posts
      1,983
      Likes
      815
      DJ Entries
      88
      Hey Marvo, stop being mean! There are plenty of people out there who have pretty much no awareness of the world and very little common sense.

      Puffin, good for you I know how you feel.

    13. #13
      Member
      Join Date
      Jan 2010
      Gender
      Location
      Your Dreams
      Posts
      746
      Likes
      56
      I never said I had everything figured out. I just said I feel like I do, I even said I feel arrogant...

    14. #14
      Banned
      Join Date
      Nov 2007
      LD Count
      im here for you
      Location
      australia
      Posts
      3,677
      Likes
      415
      Quote Originally Posted by bradysdreaming View Post
      I never said I had everything figured out. I just said I feel like I do, I even said I feel arrogant...
      then recognize that those are just feelings. "I can give you a pill that makes you angry, or upset, or ecstatic, because feelings are just firings in your brain. You're the one with control over them."

      day

    15. #15
      Member
      Join Date
      Jan 2010
      Gender
      Location
      Your Dreams
      Posts
      746
      Likes
      56
      Quote Originally Posted by no-Name View Post
      then recognize that those are just feelings. "I can give you a pill that makes you angry, or upset, or ecstatic, because feelings are just firings in your brain. You're the one with control over them."

      day
      I believe I do recognize them as feelings, I was asking if anyone else shares with me this form of arrogance. I apologize for the mis-understanding. I also think that link to the help thread was inappropriate and off topic. I was simply seeking advice on that thread, not a way of future ridicule.
      Last edited by bradysdreaming; 01-27-2011 at 01:30 AM.

    16. #16
      Member
      Join Date
      Oct 2009
      Posts
      6,310
      Likes
      2026
      Quote Originally Posted by bradysdreaming View Post
      I believe I do recognize them as feelings, I was asking if anyone else shares with me this form of arrogance. I apologize for the mis-understanding. I also think that link to the help thread was inappropriate and off topic. I was simply seeking advice on that thread, not a way of future ridicule.
      I should also add that I, too, feel arrogant in a lot of situations.

    17. #17
      Banned
      Join Date
      Nov 2007
      LD Count
      im here for you
      Location
      australia
      Posts
      3,677
      Likes
      415
      Quote Originally Posted by bradysdreaming View Post
      I believe I do recognize them as feelings, I was asking if anyone else shares with me this form of arrogance. I apologize for the mis-understanding. I also think that link to the help thread was inappropriate and off topic. I was simply seeking advice on that thread, not a way of future ridicule.
      it was indeed overly snide, but I was making a point. you DON'T have the world figured out. fantastic, you know that you don't. what then, was the point of this thread? what would you do once you had found that other arrogant teenagers felt the same way? "Oh, cool."? it's hardly something we can put in ED.

    18. #18
      Member
      Join Date
      Jan 2010
      Gender
      Location
      Your Dreams
      Posts
      746
      Likes
      56
      Despite what you say, I think this is something that is worth putting in extended discussion. This was meant to be more than just a discussion of "I am arrogant how about you?" Why do people believe they're opinions of the world as fact? Why do some think of more as just an opinion or theory? Why do Atheists or Christians or Muslims claim to have figured out how the world works? Weather it is based on scientific theory or legend. Why do we as a species have this arrogance? I think it is rather ignorant of you to claim this as an arrogant teenage thing and that it not worthy of discussion. Maybe your right, maybe your wrong, maybe this won't go anywhere as a discussion, but for you to just dismiss it like that is very rude and inconsiderate. By the way, please edit your post with proper capitalization, it is bugging the shit out of me.

    19. #19
      Reality Engineer Moto's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 2010
      LD Count
      >60;∞ mor
      Gender
      Location
      Gainesville, FL
      Posts
      141
      Likes
      87
      DJ Entries
      13
      I never thought I had the whole world figured out...I just don't know everything going on. If I knew everything that has ever went on, going on, and will go on...and was able to form thoughts after knowing this...possibly. I used to think everything that I knew was THE TRUTH, but now, I know that I truly know nothing in comparison to the universe. I have some thoughts about how the world works, but there's so much shit out there. For example, did you know theres a crab at the bottom of the ocean that snaps its claws, forms a microscopic bubble that collapses and makes a supersonic wave that stuns a fish?

      You may just be over-awed at your own ability to "see" through things...which your only over-awed because every one else around you sucks b*lls at it. lol. Be confident in yourself, and know that you can always learn to be better at what you do, some way, some how. Learning is a constant progress, until you've mastered it, and once you do that...you don't really talk about it much. Unless your super boastful, but if you've figured everything out, then you'd know that isn't the Way. Or maybe if you have figured everything out, then you've figured out that it is the way to go...that humbleness is an incorrect virtue. Who knows? I mean, I definitely haven't figured everything out, so I couldn't tell you.

      But, on a side note, I used to think everything that I knew was automatically correct, and everyone else was dead wrong unless they could show me peer-reviewed scientific proof( so glad I'm out of THAT stage) of me being wrong. Now I know that the universe is full of infinite variations and possibilities, and we don't know squidly-doodle about it.
      All of experience is fun for me, whether in a dream, or in reality, because I love existing, learning, and continuously evolving and sustaining. Then again, who knows, I may not enjoy existing so much if I caught a face full of buckshot from an angry farmer. But hey, at least I'd got out with a bang.

    20. #20
      Banned
      Join Date
      Nov 2007
      LD Count
      im here for you
      Location
      australia
      Posts
      3,677
      Likes
      415
      Quote Originally Posted by bradysdreaming View Post
      Despite what you say, I think this is something that is worth putting in extended discussion. This was meant to be more than just a discussion of "I am arrogant how about you?" Why do people believe they're opinions of the world as fact? Why do some think of more as just an opinion or theory? Why do Atheists or Christians or Muslims claim to have figured out how the world works?
      that'd be a MUCH more interesting thread! I'd like to see that. this thread, however, is not about why christianity is self-fulfilling or why other people feel arrogant/human. it's about you, and the other people on the forum answering a binary question.
      By the way, please edit your post with proper capitalization, it is bugging the shit out of me.
      nope. spelling > grammar/punctuation.

    21. #21
      Member
      Join Date
      Jan 2010
      Gender
      Location
      Your Dreams
      Posts
      746
      Likes
      56
      Quote Originally Posted by no-Name View Post
      that'd be a MUCH more interesting thread! I'd like to see that. this thread, however, is not about why christianity is self-fulfilling or why other people feel arrogant/human. it's about you, and the other people on the forum answering a binary question.
      I was hoping it would lead to this, but lets just jump right in to it. I personally don't just dismiss Christianity or any other religion as bullshit. I believe in the possibility of a god, but I believe that the religions I have learned about just seem to man made for me to follow. Like someone just came up with a theory and claimed it as fact, with no evidence what so ever.

    22. #22
      Antagonist Invader's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 2004
      Location
      Discordia
      Posts
      3,239
      Likes
      533
      The longer I live, the more I feel there is to figure out. I like it this way.

    23. #23
      ├┼┼┼┼┤
      Join Date
      Jun 2006
      Gender
      Location
      Equestria
      Posts
      6,315
      Likes
      1190
      DJ Entries
      1
      Quote Originally Posted by Invader View Post
      The longer I live, the more I feel there is to figure out. I like it this way.
      This can be said about both life from as philosophical point of view, but also a practical one. When I was 10, I thought I knew everything there was to know about computers, because I could assemble one and install an operating system. Ignorance is intelligence?

      ---------
      Lost count of how many lucid dreams I've had
      ---------

    24. #24
      peyton manning Caprisun's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 2009
      Gender
      Location
      Indiana
      Posts
      548
      Likes
      67
      Part of maturing is gaining new perspectives on things, and that process lasts a lifetime. It's impossible to predict how your views might change in the future, but I can tell you that my life philosophy has changed significantly from when I was 16. In fact, it's changed significantly in the past year.
      "Someday, I think you and I are going to have a serious disagreement." -- Hawkeye (Daniel Day-Lewis) Last of the Mohicans

    25. #25
      Member Achievements:
      Referrer Bronze Veteran First Class Tagger Second Class Made lots of Friends on DV 5000 Hall Points
      snoop's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 2008
      LD Count
      300+
      Gender
      Location
      Indiana
      Posts
      1,712
      Likes
      1208
      I'd have to agree with Caprisun. My world view has completely changed not only since I was the OP's age but even since last year. Want to feel less arrogant or less like you know everything about the world? Take a psychedelic; I guarantee you will see things in a completely different perspective, at least for the duration of the trip. That's one of the primary reasons, in fact, that I take them. Not only are they fun, but they are enlightening and they completely dissolve your old world view. You are completely open to ideas you would otherwise dismiss, consciously or unconsciously. It's quite honestly liberating.

    Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. I've figured it all out
      By Supernova in forum Senseless Banter
      Replies: 0
      Last Post: 09-02-2010, 07:26 PM
    2. Omg I figured out what they're doing.
      By Original Poster in forum Senseless Banter
      Replies: 17
      Last Post: 01-03-2008, 09:10 AM
    3. I think I've figured out the feeling of REM
      By Jdeadevil in forum General Lucid Discussion
      Replies: 2
      Last Post: 12-29-2007, 08:08 PM
    4. I Figured It Out!!!
      By nukeme in forum Introduction Zone
      Replies: 2
      Last Post: 06-21-2007, 07:51 PM

    Bookmarks

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •