• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views




    Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast
    Results 251 to 275 of 389
    Like Tree81Likes

    Thread: Was Sandy Hook a Hoax?

    1. #251
      Consciousness in the Void Universal Mind's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2004
      Gender
      Location
      The Eternal Paradox
      Posts
      12,853
      Likes
      1031
      That is just evidence that there were reports. I know there were reports, and lots of them contradicted reality and each other.

      Now where are those videos of real crying? Post them.
      Quote Originally Posted by really View Post
      God cannot destroy himself because He is Omnipotent.


    2. #252
      Member
      Join Date
      Feb 2004
      Posts
      5,165
      Likes
      709
      None of the official reports contradict each other. Unless you want to drive there and look for things first hand, you have to check the records and stuff.

      As for people crying, there is people crying in that video you posted in post 17, the second video you posted on this thread. We already went over this, you posted several videos of people crying, but then claimed they weren't crying because you couldn't make out any tears.

    3. #253
      Consciousness in the Void Universal Mind's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2004
      Gender
      Location
      The Eternal Paradox
      Posts
      12,853
      Likes
      1031
      Post it here and tell me the time. I want people reading this to be able to see what you are talking about.

      I know there ended up being a single official story, but the story tellers were really disorganized for a while there. They engaged in some interesting creative writing exercises. Check out this reporter at 1:04.



      What... the... fuck?????
      Quote Originally Posted by really View Post
      God cannot destroy himself because He is Omnipotent.


    4. #254
      Member StephL's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2013
      LD Count
      84
      Gender
      Posts
      2,423
      Likes
      3291
      DJ Entries
      117
      Well - there is this thing called Poe´s Law - and I will succumb.

    5. #255
      Member Achievements:
      1 year registered Veteran First Class Made lots of Friends on DV 1000 Hall Points Stickie King Vivid Dream Journal Populated Wall 50000 Hall Points
      OpheliaBlue's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 2004
      Location
      Aisle NEIN
      Posts
      13,310
      Likes
      13726
      DJ Entries
      224
      I got a reported post from up in here, sorry I'm late.

      Things look back to being civil as far as I can tell.
      Universal Mind likes this.

    6. #256
      Consciousness in the Void Universal Mind's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2004
      Gender
      Location
      The Eternal Paradox
      Posts
      12,853
      Likes
      1031
      Quote Originally Posted by StephL View Post
      Well - there is this thing called Poe´s Law - and I will succumb.
      Unfortunately, that claim does not qualify as a counterargument to any of the points I have made. Please try again.

      Here's another Sandy Hoax actor with a history of acting. Her MySpace page shows her history as an actor. Check out the acting she does next to an actor who is acting.

      Last edited by Universal Mind; 11-21-2013 at 05:33 AM.
      Quote Originally Posted by really View Post
      God cannot destroy himself because He is Omnipotent.


    7. #257
      Member StephL's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2013
      LD Count
      84
      Gender
      Posts
      2,423
      Likes
      3291
      DJ Entries
      117
      Your are right Universal Mind - not an argument for this discussion - was more of an argument to leave you discussers to it once more!
      Was just wondering, what had lured Ophelia in here..
      See you guys around in another thread!

    8. #258
      Terminally Out of Phase Descensus's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 2006
      Gender
      Posts
      2,246
      Likes
      831
      Fully related: I got this in the mail today.

      The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended. - Frédéric Bastiat
      I try to deny myself any illusions or delusions, and I think that this perhaps entitles me to try and deny the same to others, at least as long as they refuse to keep their fantasies to themselves. - Christopher Hitchens
      Formerly known as BLUELINE976

    9. #259
      Consciousness in the Void Universal Mind's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2004
      Gender
      Location
      The Eternal Paradox
      Posts
      12,853
      Likes
      1031
      That is not a counterargument to any of my arguments about Sandy Hook. However, since you want to discuss government conspiracy belief in general, here's a fact: There really have been American government conspiracies against innocent Americans.

      Operation Northwoods - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

      Operation Mockingbird - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

      CIA behavior modification: Project Bluebird - National US Intelligence | Examiner.com

      Project MKUltra - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

      Project ARTICHOKE - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

      Tuskegee syphilis experiment - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

      What were you saying?
      Last edited by Universal Mind; 11-21-2013 at 09:57 PM.
      Quote Originally Posted by really View Post
      God cannot destroy himself because He is Omnipotent.


    10. #260
      Member
      Join Date
      Feb 2004
      Posts
      5,165
      Likes
      709
      So where did her child go? Did she murder him in his sleep and dump the body in a near by river? You still have not explained where all these people's children went. That is pretty cold blooded that parents would murder their own children just to try to pass gun laws. See the huge glaring flaw in your argument that you seem to keep ignoring is that all these 'actors' are playing them self, not other people. If they were pretending to be someone else, then you could claim their children didn't exist because their identity isn't real. However, since they are playing them self, and they are real people with real identities, it is well known that they had real children. So where did their children go?

      Do you really believe they killed their own children for the hoax? And if they killed their own children, they wouldn't be acting. They would be hugely devastated. Or do you think there are hundreds of people are that cold hearted as to murder their own children and feel nothing?

    11. #261
      Member Achievements:
      1 year registered Veteran First Class Made lots of Friends on DV 1000 Hall Points Stickie King Vivid Dream Journal Populated Wall 50000 Hall Points
      OpheliaBlue's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 2004
      Location
      Aisle NEIN
      Posts
      13,310
      Likes
      13726
      DJ Entries
      224
      Quote Originally Posted by StephL View Post
      Was just wondering, what had lured Ophelia in here..
      I got a reported post.
      StephL likes this.

    12. #262
      Member StephL's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2013
      LD Count
      84
      Gender
      Posts
      2,423
      Likes
      3291
      DJ Entries
      117
      Thanks - yupp - saw you state that above, Ophelia - I do not know nor want to know, what it was about, if I need not..smile.gif


      Quote Originally Posted by Universal Mind View Post
      Post it here and tell me the time. I want people reading this to be able to see what you are talking about.

      I know there ended up being a single official story, but the story tellers were really disorganized for a while there. They engaged in some interesting creative writing exercises. Check out this reporter at 1:04.



      What... the... fuck?????
      And - I left it be last time - but why not..
      This video is satire - look at these screenshots from the very beginning:



      "for purposes of criticism, news reporting teaching and parody.."






      Need I?
      "Wrap your head in aluminium foil and hide your kids in the fridge.."

      So -
      Quote Originally Posted by Universal Mind
      What... the... ?????
      Parody.
      Simple.

    13. #263
      DebraJane Achievements:
      1000 Hall Points Tagger Second Class Vivid Dream Journal Referrer Bronze Populated Wall Made lots of Friends on DV Veteran First Class
      <span class='glow_9400D3'>EbbTide000</span>'s Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 2010
      LD Count
      000
      Gender
      Location
      Adelaide, South Australia
      Posts
      2,616
      Likes
      965
      DJ Entries
      138
      Thanx Blueline

      I looked up "The Believing Brain" I might buy it too since watching this Youtube:

      ***

      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YqAw...e_gdata_player

      ***(1:19:37) 68,250 views

      Thanx.

      The "show more" reads

      June 9, 2011, the Center for Inquiry-New York City and NYC Skeptics hosted noted skeptic and bestselling author Michael Shermer for a talk about his new book, "The Believing Brain: From Ghosts and Gods to Politics and Conspiracies—How We Construct Beliefs and Reinforce Them as Truths." The event was held at the Auditorium on Broadway. This is the full video, including both the talk and question-and-answer session.

      Correction: Michael Shermer is not executive director of NYC Skeptics, but of the Skeptics Society. Our apologies.
      ***

      Thanx

      QUOTE=BLUELINE976;2062160]

      Fully related:

      I got this in the mail today.

      [/QUOTE]

      .
      Last edited by EbbTide000; 11-25-2013 at 07:34 AM.

    14. #264
      Terminally Out of Phase Descensus's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 2006
      Gender
      Posts
      2,246
      Likes
      831
      The Sandy Hook Investigation Report has been released, after nearly a year.

      http://www.ct.gov/csao/lib/csao/Sand...nal_Report.pdf

      I skimmed through it. No clear motive was found, but Lanza definitely had psychological issues. One section describes how Lanza would only communicate with his mother via email even though they lived in the same house.
      The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended. - Frédéric Bastiat
      I try to deny myself any illusions or delusions, and I think that this perhaps entitles me to try and deny the same to others, at least as long as they refuse to keep their fantasies to themselves. - Christopher Hitchens
      Formerly known as BLUELINE976

    15. #265
      Member Achievements:
      1000 Hall Points Veteran Second Class Referrer Bronze

      Join Date
      May 2012
      Posts
      361
      Likes
      20


      End the life of Adam
      Universal Mind likes this.

    16. #266
      Consciousness in the Void Universal Mind's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2004
      Gender
      Location
      The Eternal Paradox
      Posts
      12,853
      Likes
      1031
      I have been in Seattle for a week without playing on the internet, and I just came here hoping to see some counterarguments to what I have posted. Maybe later?
      Quote Originally Posted by really View Post
      God cannot destroy himself because He is Omnipotent.


    17. #267
      Xei
      UnitedKingdom Xei is offline
      Banned
      Join Date
      Aug 2005
      Posts
      9,984
      Likes
      3082
      The fact the whole thread still hasn't been deleted by the NSA is the counterargument.
      BLUELINE976 likes this.

    18. #268
      Consciousness in the Void Universal Mind's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2004
      Gender
      Location
      The Eternal Paradox
      Posts
      12,853
      Likes
      1031
      Quote Originally Posted by Xei View Post
      The fact the whole thread still hasn't been deleted by the NSA is the counterargument.
      Which of the holes in the official story does it fill?
      Quote Originally Posted by really View Post
      God cannot destroy himself because He is Omnipotent.


    19. #269
      Member Achievements:
      1000 Hall Points Veteran Second Class Referrer Bronze

      Join Date
      May 2012
      Posts
      361
      Likes
      20
      Sofia Smallstorm Unraveling Sandy Hook


      Sofia Smallstorm Unraveling Sandy Hook - YouTube
      Universal Mind likes this.

    20. #270
      DebraJane Achievements:
      1000 Hall Points Tagger Second Class Vivid Dream Journal Referrer Bronze Populated Wall Made lots of Friends on DV Veteran First Class
      <span class='glow_9400D3'>EbbTide000</span>'s Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 2010
      LD Count
      000
      Gender
      Location
      Adelaide, South Australia
      Posts
      2,616
      Likes
      965
      DJ Entries
      138

      It arrived todat

      Page 5 paragraph 3:

      The brain itself is a belief engine.

      From sensory data flowing through the senses the brain naturally begins to look for and find patterns, and then infuses those patterns with meaning.

      The first process I call patternicity: ]
      the tendency to find meaningful patterns in both meaningful and meaninglessness data.

      The second process I call agenticity: the tendency to infuse patterns with meaning, intention and agency.

      We can't help it.

      Our brains evolved to connect the dots of our world into meaningful patterns that explain why things happen.

      These meaningful patterns become beliefs, and these beliefs shape our understanding of reality
      I got a phone call today from s bookstore to let me know that my copy of "The Believing Brain" had arrived.

      I'm into it now. It is riveting.

      Thanx for recommending it BLUELINE

      It arraved today

      Quote Originally Posted by BLUELINE976 View Post
      Fully related: I got this in the mail today.


    21. #271
      Consciousness in the Void Universal Mind's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2004
      Gender
      Location
      The Eternal Paradox
      Posts
      12,853
      Likes
      1031
      Listen to former CIA agents talk about government conspiracies that actually happened.

      Quote Originally Posted by really View Post
      God cannot destroy himself because He is Omnipotent.


    22. #272
      Terminally Out of Phase Descensus's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 2006
      Gender
      Posts
      2,246
      Likes
      831
      Quote Originally Posted by havago View Post
      Page 5 paragraph 3:



      I got a phone call today from s bookstore to let me know that my copy of "The Believing Brain" had arrived.

      I'm into it now. It is riveting.

      Thanx for recommending it BLUELINE

      It arraved today
      I haven't had a chance to read it. Been way too busy with school and work. But I absolutely cannot wait to start so I can get to Chapter 10 (the one on conspiracies).
      EbbTide000 and StephL like this.
      The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended. - Frédéric Bastiat
      I try to deny myself any illusions or delusions, and I think that this perhaps entitles me to try and deny the same to others, at least as long as they refuse to keep their fantasies to themselves. - Christopher Hitchens
      Formerly known as BLUELINE976

    23. #273
      Consciousness in the Void Universal Mind's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2004
      Gender
      Location
      The Eternal Paradox
      Posts
      12,853
      Likes
      1031
      Quote Originally Posted by really View Post
      God cannot destroy himself because He is Omnipotent.


    24. #274
      Member Achievements:
      1000 Hall Points Veteran Second Class Referrer Bronze

      Join Date
      May 2012
      Posts
      361
      Likes
      20
      (1) In January, I read a post about Emilie’s fund raising page. I went there and copied the page content then wrote the following: “Tell me who was so efficient to open a donation account in Credit Union for poor Emily and then set up a page in facebook the same day of her death?

      Original funding page in facebook (the content I copied):

      Joined Facebook 12/14/2012
      Native of Utah, Emilie Parker was killed in the shooting at Sandy Hook Elem. We are seeking to assist the Parkers by setting up the Emilie Parker Memorial Fund at America First Credit Union in Utah.
      Description

      Instructions on the Emilie Parker Memorial Account at America First Credit Union (account #5001359). For AFCU members making a transfer, select the Savings as the type of account, and the last name on the account is Parker. For non AFCU members, the AFCU routing number is 324377516. This account has been shared by several Utah media outlets and can be trusted. Thank you.

      A PAYPAL account is also available if you use the email [email protected]

      https://www.facebook.com/EmilieParkerFund/info

    25. #275
      Consciousness in the Void Universal Mind's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2004
      Gender
      Location
      The Eternal Paradox
      Posts
      12,853
      Likes
      1031
      Quote Originally Posted by really View Post
      God cannot destroy himself because He is Omnipotent.


    Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. I'll hook you in the gabber m8
      By Lynchie in forum Introduction Zone
      Replies: 6
      Last Post: 04-27-2013, 10:27 AM
    2. The UFO Hoax!
      By juroara in forum Extended Discussion
      Replies: 128
      Last Post: 09-29-2008, 07:06 PM
    3. Castaneda Hoax
      By Second Attention in forum Beyond Dreaming
      Replies: 24
      Last Post: 06-25-2006, 06:38 PM
    4. Christianity a Hoax
      By Belisarius in forum Philosophy
      Replies: 18
      Last Post: 04-25-2005, 11:04 PM

    Bookmarks

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •