• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views




    Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    Results 1 to 25 of 389
    Like Tree81Likes

    Thread: Was Sandy Hook a Hoax?

    1. #1
      Consciousness in the Void Universal Mind's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2004
      Gender
      Location
      The Eternal Paradox
      Posts
      12,853
      Likes
      1031

      Was Sandy Hook a Hoax?

      This... is... insane!!!

      Quote Originally Posted by really View Post
      God cannot destroy himself because He is Omnipotent.


    2. #2
      Member Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal Made lots of Friends on DV Referrer Bronze Populated Wall Tagger First Class 25000 Hall Points Veteran First Class
      <s><span class='glow_9ACD32'>DeletePlease</span></s>'s Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 2010
      Posts
      2,685
      Likes
      2883
      DJ Entries
      12
      A hoax as in it didn't happen? No, it happened. Was there more to it than most people realize? I'd say so, definitely. I haven't looked into it enough to be able to say it was a black operation, but will say that only a fool would rule out the possibility.
      Universal Mind likes this.

    3. #3
      Xei
      UnitedKingdom Xei is offline
      Banned
      Join Date
      Aug 2005
      Posts
      9,984
      Likes
      3082
      Why would the US government organise something so unequivocally atrocious when there is a high chance of it leaking?

      Pros: helps master plan to fail to pass new gun laws (?)
      Cons: high probability of entire administration being thrown out of government and into jail

      Nnnah.
      Patrick and Supernova like this.

    4. #4
      Member Woodstock's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 2011
      Gender
      Location
      Michigan
      Posts
      680
      Likes
      599
      DJ Entries
      12
      Quote Originally Posted by Xei View Post
      Pros: helps master plan to fail to pass new gun laws (?)
      The thing most of the Republicans and Alex Jones followers forget is that no one is even trying to take their guns, it's just background checks. I don't think they'd need to fake a school shooting for that.

    5. #5
      Consciousness in the Void Universal Mind's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2004
      Gender
      Location
      The Eternal Paradox
      Posts
      12,853
      Likes
      1031
      Quote Originally Posted by Xei View Post
      Why would the US government organise something so unequivocally atrocious when there is a high chance of it leaking?

      Pros: helps master plan to fail to pass new gun laws (?)
      Cons: high probability of entire administration being thrown out of government and into jail

      Nnnah.
      I don't know what happened, but there are unanswered questions. I am pretty sure that if it was a hoax, it was to set the stage for gradually making guns illegal. My concern is that the government has gotten so powerful that nobody would go to jail for the hoax. I think the NSA surveillance is treasonous, but we have a government that sees the public as weak and stupid. The government obviously thinks they can get away with all kinds of stuff that is way out of bounds. I don't put anything past them any more.

      Quote Originally Posted by Woodstock View Post
      The thing most of the Republicans and Alex Jones followers forget is that no one is even trying to take their guns, it's just background checks. I don't think they'd need to fake a school shooting for that.
      Remember that the government works in small steps. The government went from certain violations of the Bill of Rights for "fighting drugs" to the Patriot Act, which was a stepping stone to the NDAA, which could very well be a stepping stone to an even greater horror. The government sent some troops to Vietnam for a policing mission, and that turned into 200,000 troops fighting a full blown war. The Iraq War was supposed to be a temporary mission to overthrow the Hussein regime and declare mission accomplished and then have the people happily let us set up a new government, but it turned into a decade long clusterfuck. We set up a military base in Saudi Arabia to have a home base during the Gulf War, but the base is still open to this day. The Department of Education was never meant to rule the nation's public schools on the level that it does. Hitler suspended part of the German Constitution "temporarily" because it was supposedly necessary to handle some of Germany's problems. Then he took over the country, and then he took over most of Europe. Governments cannot be trusted to stop where they say they are going to stop. They always want more power than they have and more power than they say they want. Our government is talking about background checks and banning "assault weapons" (which are not just machine guns) now, but I don't trust them for two seconds to stop there.
      Last edited by Universal Mind; 06-23-2013 at 06:48 PM.
      Darkmatters likes this.
      Quote Originally Posted by really View Post
      God cannot destroy himself because He is Omnipotent.


    6. #6
      Member Woodstock's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 2011
      Gender
      Location
      Michigan
      Posts
      680
      Likes
      599
      DJ Entries
      12
      Quote Originally Posted by Universal Mind View Post
      Remember that the government works in small steps. The government went from certain violations of the Bill of Rights for "fighting drugs" to the Patriot Act, which was a stepping stone to the NDAA, which could very well be a stepping stone to an even greater horror. The government sent some troops to Vietnam for a policing mission, and that turned into 200,000 troops fighting a full blown war. The Iraq War was supposed to be a temporary mission to overthrow the Hussein regime and declare mission accomplished and then have the people happily let us set up a new government, but it turned into a decade long clusterfuck. We set up a military base in Saudi Arabia to have a home base during the Gulf War, but the base is still open to this day. The Department of Education was never meant to rule the nation's public schools on the level that it does. Hitler suspended part of the German Constitution "temporarily" because it was supposedly necessary to handle some of Germany's problems. Then he took over the country, and then he took over most of Europe. Governments cannot be trusted to stop where they say they are going to stop. They always want more power than they have and more power than they say they want. Our government is talking about background checks and banning "assault weapons" (which are not just machine guns) now, but I don't trust them for two seconds to stop there.
      Obama has less than 4 years and then we'll have a new president, do you really think he can make all guns illegal in that time when he's been trying to get background checks for a year and it hasn't happened yet?

    7. #7
      Consciousness in the Void Universal Mind's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2004
      Gender
      Location
      The Eternal Paradox
      Posts
      12,853
      Likes
      1031
      Quote Originally Posted by Woodstock View Post
      Obama has less than 4 years and then we'll have a new president, do you really think he can make all guns illegal in that time when he's been trying to get background checks for a year and it hasn't happened yet?
      I think he's working for a bigger element that has an agenda to ban all guns. I am not saying it's the Illuminati or the New World Order, but it is a collectivity of control freaks.
      Quote Originally Posted by really View Post
      God cannot destroy himself because He is Omnipotent.


    8. #8
      Terminally Out of Phase Descensus's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 2006
      Gender
      Posts
      2,246
      Likes
      831
      Can I answer the topic in one word?

      "No."
      Woodstock likes this.
      The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended. - Frédéric Bastiat
      I try to deny myself any illusions or delusions, and I think that this perhaps entitles me to try and deny the same to others, at least as long as they refuse to keep their fantasies to themselves. - Christopher Hitchens
      Formerly known as BLUELINE976

    9. #9
      Diamonds And Rust Achievements:
      Veteran First Class Vivid Dream Journal Referrer Bronze Populated Wall 5000 Hall Points Made lots of Friends on DV Tagger First Class
      Darkmatters's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 2009
      Gender
      Location
      Center of the universe
      Posts
      6,952
      Likes
      5837
      DJ Entries
      172
      It takes more than one word to refute all the allegations made in the video. How do you explain for instance that the gun that was supposedly used to shoot everybody was locked in the trunk of the car on the parking lot (and there's video of it being discovered there by police)? And all the parents laughing and smiling 2 days after their children were killed? And the Facebook memorial pages that were put up several days before the shooting occurred? As well as the ridiculous coincidence that the very day of the shooting, at the exact same time school was in session, there was a training operation going on 20 minutes away for how to handle an emergency situation involving children? The 2 other shooters who were caught, at least one of them wearing camo just like the people seen in the training operation, who were originally reported but later mysteriously disappeared from the narrative?
      Last edited by Darkmatters; 06-23-2013 at 10:41 PM.
      Universal Mind and Maxis like this.

    10. #10
      Terminally Out of Phase Descensus's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 2006
      Gender
      Posts
      2,246
      Likes
      831
      Quote Originally Posted by Darkmatters View Post
      It takes more than one word to refute all the allegations made in the video.
      Of course, but if we decided to write essays on each bullshit topic, we wouldn't have much time for other, more productive things.

      How do you explain for instance that the gun that was supposedly used to shoot everybody was locked in the trunk of the car on the parking lot (and there's video of it being discovered there by police)?
      The gun in the trunk wasn't the gun used in the shooting.

      And all the parents laughing and smiling 2 days after their children were killed?
      Nervous laughter, reminiscing, etc. Even after suffering a huge loss, humans can still display happy emotions.

      And the Facebook memorial pages that were put up several days before the shooting occurred?
      The pages existed before the shooting, but the names were changed after.

      As well as the ridiculous coincidence that the very day of the shooting, at the exact same time school was in session, there was a training operation going on 20 minutes away for how to handle an emergency situation involving children?
      Not so ridiculous when similar events were occurring multiple times throughout CT in November and December.

      The 2 other shooters who were caught, at least one of them wearing camo just like the people seen in the training operation, who were originally reported but later mysteriously disappeared from the narrative?
      An off-duty tactical squad police officer from another town.
      Last edited by BLUELINE976; 06-23-2013 at 11:10 PM.
      Chimpertainment and melanieb like this.
      The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended. - Frédéric Bastiat
      I try to deny myself any illusions or delusions, and I think that this perhaps entitles me to try and deny the same to others, at least as long as they refuse to keep their fantasies to themselves. - Christopher Hitchens
      Formerly known as BLUELINE976

    11. #11
      Consciousness in the Void Universal Mind's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2004
      Gender
      Location
      The Eternal Paradox
      Posts
      12,853
      Likes
      1031
      Quote Originally Posted by BLUELINE976 View Post
      Of course, but if we decided to write essays on each bullshit topic, we wouldn't have much time for other, more productive things.
      Essays are not necessary, but explanations are productive

      Quote Originally Posted by BLUELINE976 View Post
      The gun in the trunk wasn't the gun used in the shooting.
      The medical examiner said the gun used was a rifle. A rifle was discovered in the alleged shooter's trunk after the shooting although the shooter never went back to his car after the shooting, but the guns found in the school were all hand guns.

      Quote Originally Posted by BLUELINE976 View Post
      Nervous laughter, reminiscing, etc. Even after suffering a huge loss, humans can still display happy emotions.
      So he looked cheerful for a few seconds before going on television because he was thinking, "Ha ha, I'm about to talk about how my little girl was just murdered." (?)

      Quote Originally Posted by BLUELINE976 View Post
      The pages existed before the shooting, but the names were changed after.
      Where did you get that? Why were the pages created two days before the shooting? Why did a supposed parent post a Facebook status about his dead little girl during the shooting and then come back and say that he didn't know how she was doing because the school was under lock down? Also, a lady who was interviewed talked about the shooter's mother being a kindergarten teacher at the school, but it turned out that she didn't even work at the school. This is odd stuff.

      I have seen multiple videos on this, so I don't know how much of what I am bringing up is in the video I posted.

      Quote Originally Posted by BLUELINE976 View Post
      Not so ridiculous when similar events were occurring multiple times throughout CT in November and December.
      Right by the shooting location? Strangely, the same thing happened with 9/11 and the Boston Marathon bombing.

      Hmmm...

      There is also the situation of the witness who told one reporter that a female school bus driver stopped in front of his house and acted frantic and then dropped six kids off at his house although the bus driver didn't know him. The same guy told Megan Kelly on Fox News that a man outside his house yelled at him about taking care of the six kids. The witness lived where the kids would have walked right past a rescue crew on the way. The film maker claims that the witness is a member of the Screen Actors' Guild.

      And for the biggest question I have about all of this... What on Earth was Barack Obama doing in a picture with a supposed fatal victim of the shooting and her family? Did Obama get a photo op with this family not long before the shooting?

      I am not sold on the conspiracy theory. There could be multiple documentary makers using Photoshop, interviewing phony people themselves, filming fake news clips, and lying their asses off. It's possible. But there are a lot of issues that have not been explained away.
      Quote Originally Posted by really View Post
      God cannot destroy himself because He is Omnipotent.


    12. #12
      Terminally Out of Phase Descensus's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 2006
      Gender
      Posts
      2,246
      Likes
      831
      Quote Originally Posted by Universal Mind View Post
      The medical examiner said the gun used was a rifle. A rifle was discovered in the alleged shooter's trunk after the shooting although the shooter never went back to his car after the shooting, but the guns found in the school were all hand guns.
      The gun found in the trunk was a shotgun. There were two handguns in the school, along with a Bushmaster rifle.

      So he looked cheerful for a few seconds before going on television because he was thinking, "Ha ha, I'm about to talk about how my little girl was just murdered." (?)
      Unlikely. Do you deny that humans can display happy emotions (even at times one would consider odd or inappropriate) after a tremendous loss?

      Where did you get that? Why were the pages created two days before the shooting?
      The pages had nothing to do with Sandy Hook, but the names were changed (because you can do that on FB) after the shooting. Page creation dates can be imprecise and confusing (Example: a newspaper's FB page can say Founded 1920 while their FB page was only created in 2009), as can dates in general in Google searches.

      The same thing happened with the Boston bombing. Pre-existing pages changed their names to memorialize the event. It happens all the time.

      Why did a supposed parent post a Facebook status about his dead little girl during the shooting and then come back and say that he didn't know how she was doing because the school was under lock down?
      I haven't heard anything about this. More info?

      Also, a lady who was interviewed talked about the shooter's mother being a kindergarten teacher at the school, but it turned out that she didn't even work at the school. This is odd stuff.
      I won't insult you by asking if you've ever watched news churn out as events unfold, but misreporting occurs all the time. Again, take Boston. CNN's John King reported that a suspect had been identified and arrested well before decent pictures of the guys had even been released to the public (because the FBI needed help).

      Right by the shooting location? Strangely, the same thing happened with 9/11 and the Boston Marathon bombing.
      By "right by" do you mean a half hour away in Bridgeport, CT?

      Government involvement will always be associated with violent tragedies because it fits the worldview of the people conjuring up these conspiracy theories. With Boston, they ask why bomb-sniffing dogs were present, despite the fact that we're living post-9/11, so of-fucking-course there will be some sort of anti-terrorism/police units on-scene during large, well-advertised public events. With 9/11, I can't even begin to comprehend the amount of crap they pull from thin air.

      Hmmm...

      There is also the situation of the witness who told one reporter that a female school bus driver stopped in front of his house and acted frantic and then dropped six kids off at his house although the bus driver didn't know him. The same guy told Megan Kelly on Fox News that a man outside his house yelled at him about taking care of the six kids. The witness lived where the kids would have walked right past a rescue crew on the way. The film maker claims that the witness is a member of the Screen Actors' Guild.
      Gene Rosen (your witness) noticed six children (and a bus driver) on his lawn. They had made it out of the school. How they ended up there, I don't know, but there was no "dropping off" of children. The film maker is wrong about the SAG connection. There is a Gene Rosen involved with the SAG, but it is not the same Gene Rosen involved with sheltering the children.

      And for the biggest question I have about all of this... What on Earth was Barack Obama doing in a picture with a supposed fatal victim of the shooting and her family? Did Obama get a photo op with this family not long before the shooting?
      The child is erroneously reported to be Emilie Parker (who died in the shooting). In the pictures with Obama, it's actually her sister.

      I am not sold on the conspiracy theory. There could be multiple documentary makers using Photoshop, interviewing phony people themselves, filming fake news clips, and lying their asses off. It's possible. But there are a lot of issues that have not been explained away.
      Have you taken time to look up responses to the video? Doesn't seem like it.
      The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended. - Frédéric Bastiat
      I try to deny myself any illusions or delusions, and I think that this perhaps entitles me to try and deny the same to others, at least as long as they refuse to keep their fantasies to themselves. - Christopher Hitchens
      Formerly known as BLUELINE976

    13. #13
      Member Woodstock's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 2011
      Gender
      Location
      Michigan
      Posts
      680
      Likes
      599
      DJ Entries
      12
      Why is everything a "hoax" or "conspiracy"? Why is it so hard to believe that there are bad people who do bad things without being told to by the government?

    14. #14
      Diamonds And Rust Achievements:
      Veteran First Class Vivid Dream Journal Referrer Bronze Populated Wall 5000 Hall Points Made lots of Friends on DV Tagger First Class
      Darkmatters's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 2009
      Gender
      Location
      Center of the universe
      Posts
      6,952
      Likes
      5837
      DJ Entries
      172
      Why do most people automatically assume governments never conspire to corruption, in spite of all the historical evidence to the contrary?

      If someone can point out someplace where the various questions have been answered effectively then there would be no need for a conversation like this. So far I see a lot more questions than answers, and I also see suspicious patterns in a lot of recent tragedies and atrocities where the government seems to basically just say "Stop looking into it - there's nothing to see there" and yet fails to prove it. It's becoming increasingly clear this administration is involved in a lot of deeply corrupt goings-on. We don't yet know the extent of them, so I think it's a very good idea to keep asking such questions.

      And what's really surprising is the number of people who just seem to be saying "oh come on - you know governments don't do bad things!"

      What's wrong with inquiring into the facts, especially if they don't seem to add up? Should the government always be exempt form suspicion in every case, with no investigation?

    15. #15
      Terminally Out of Phase Descensus's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 2006
      Gender
      Posts
      2,246
      Likes
      831
      I'd like to point out the difference between "conspiracy" and "conspiracy theory." Conspiracies happen in the real world, and often we find out about them. No one can deny that.

      Conspiracy theories, on the other hand, never come to fruition and are never rigorously verified. What few factoids are involved, they are diluted by sloppy logic, confirmation bias, poor research, and paranoia. Conspiracy theories are homeopathic.
      Chimpertainment likes this.
      The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended. - Frédéric Bastiat
      I try to deny myself any illusions or delusions, and I think that this perhaps entitles me to try and deny the same to others, at least as long as they refuse to keep their fantasies to themselves. - Christopher Hitchens
      Formerly known as BLUELINE976

    16. #16
      Diamonds And Rust Achievements:
      Veteran First Class Vivid Dream Journal Referrer Bronze Populated Wall 5000 Hall Points Made lots of Friends on DV Tagger First Class
      Darkmatters's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 2009
      Gender
      Location
      Center of the universe
      Posts
      6,952
      Likes
      5837
      DJ Entries
      172
      So, if people theorize that there's a conspiracy, even if it later turns out they were right, that theory is automatically bullshit?

      How about people who don't spew conspiracy theories but just want to see crimes properly investigated? Do they automatically get lumped in with conspiracy theorists?

    17. #17
      Consciousness in the Void Universal Mind's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2004
      Gender
      Location
      The Eternal Paradox
      Posts
      12,853
      Likes
      1031
      Quote Originally Posted by BLUELINE976 View Post
      The gun found in the trunk was a shotgun. There were two handguns in the school, along with a Bushmaster rifle.
      Okay, shotgun. Not a hand gun. What did the medical examiner say the shooter used to shoot up the place?


      Quote Originally Posted by BLUELINE976 View Post
      Unlikely. Do you deny that humans can display happy emotions (even at times one would consider odd or inappropriate) after a tremendous loss?
      They can, but I have never seen a parent act the particular way the supposed father of Emilie did, the day after the death. He acted like he was running for office and about to give a political speech.

      Do you know a bad acting job when you see one? Check out this WTF...



      Quote Originally Posted by BLUELINE976 View Post
      The pages had nothing to do with Sandy Hook, but the names were changed (because you can do that on FB) after the shooting. Page creation dates can be imprecise and confusing (Example: a newspaper's FB page can say Founded 1920 while their FB page was only created in 2009), as can dates in general in Google searches.
      I have never seen that. Why were the pages with crazy dates on them created? Why did their purpose suddenly change within two days?

      Quote Originally Posted by BLUELINE976 View Post
      The same thing happened with the Boston bombing. Pre-existing pages changed their names to memorialize the event. It happens all the time.
      So other people's memorials were taken away for a new tragedy? Were those pages created two days earlier too? Two days???

      Quote Originally Posted by BLUELINE976 View Post
      I haven't heard anything about this. More info?
      Go to 9:34 of the video I posted in my original post.


      Quote Originally Posted by BLUELINE976 View Post
      I won't insult you by asking if you've ever watched news churn out as events unfold, but misreporting occurs all the time. Again, take Boston. CNN's John King reported that a suspect had been identified and arrested well before decent pictures of the guys had even been released to the public (because the FBI needed help).
      Did you watch the video I posted? The reporter said she herself talked to the school nurse, who told her that the gunman's mother was "a very caring, experienced kindergarten teacher." How could that get messed up?

      Quote Originally Posted by BLUELINE976 View Post
      By "right by" do you mean a half hour away in Bridgeport, CT?

      Government involvement will always be associated with violent tragedies because it fits the worldview of the people conjuring up these conspiracy theories. With Boston, they ask why bomb-sniffing dogs were present, despite the fact that we're living post-9/11, so of-fucking-course there will be some sort of anti-terrorism/police units on-scene during large, well-advertised public events. With 9/11, I can't even begin to comprehend the amount of crap they pull from thin air.
      Yes, that is pretty damn close to the obscure town. Are those drills going on in your metro area right now?

      Quote Originally Posted by BLUELINE976 View Post
      The child is erroneously reported to be Emilie Parker (who died in the shooting). In the pictures with Obama, it's actually her sister.
      Yes, Emilie Parker. My sources have said that the girl in the pictures is Emilie. Like I said, people lie, but many sources say the girl in the picture with Obama is Emilie Parker. There was an older sister and two younger ones who look like twins. Which one do you claim was Emilie?

      Quote Originally Posted by BLUELINE976 View Post
      Have you taken time to look up responses to the video? Doesn't seem like it.
      The ones I have found make me facepalm and cringe at the same time. Have you found a good one?
      Last edited by Universal Mind; 06-24-2013 at 01:53 AM.
      Quote Originally Posted by really View Post
      God cannot destroy himself because He is Omnipotent.


    18. #18
      Member Woodstock's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 2011
      Gender
      Location
      Michigan
      Posts
      680
      Likes
      599
      DJ Entries
      12
      Quote Originally Posted by Darkmatters View Post
      Why do most people automatically assume governments never conspire to corruption, in spite of all the historical evidence to the contrary?

      If someone can point out someplace where the various questions have been answered effectively then there would be no need for a conversation like this. So far I see a lot more questions than answers, and I also see suspicious patterns in a lot of recent tragedies and atrocities where the government seems to basically just say "Stop looking into it - there's nothing to see there" and yet fails to prove it. It's becoming increasingly clear this administration is involved in a lot of deeply corrupt goings-on. We don't yet know the extent of them, so I think it's a very good idea to keep asking such questions.

      And what's really surprising is the number of people who just seem to be saying "oh come on - you know governments don't do bad things!"

      What's wrong with inquiring into the facts, especially if they don't seem to add up? Should the government always be exempt form suspicion in every case, with no investigation?
      No, I'm not saying that the government is completely innocent and never does anything wrong. But you can't blame every bad thing that happens on the government. I've heard all the 9/11 conspiracy theories and now people are saying the shooting and Boston bombing were also done by the government.

    19. #19
      Consciousness in the Void Universal Mind's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2004
      Gender
      Location
      The Eternal Paradox
      Posts
      12,853
      Likes
      1031
      Quote Originally Posted by Woodstock View Post
      No, I'm not saying that the government is completely innocent and never does anything wrong. But you can't blame every bad thing that happens on the government. I've heard all the 9/11 conspiracy theories and now people are saying the shooting and Boston bombing were also done by the government.
      I know you didn't address that to me, but I want to chime in. I don't claim to know that the government did any of that stuff, but there is craziness that has not been explained. You can look at old threads here and see how much I argued against the 9/11 inside job claims. I don't think college students on the internet understand skyscraper engineering better than the engineering world, who scoff at the engineering claims. I don't think the airplanes were remote control, and I don't think the government would have bothered with airplanes if they used bombs to blow up the buildings. But might the government have used Bin Laden to get terrorists to hijack airplanes and crash them into major U.S. buildings? My view at this point is that it's possible but not proven. I say the same about the existence of the Illuminati. However, I know with complete certainty that all of these tragedies have been used by the government to argue for major government expansion and the trampling of civil liberties. That we do know.
      Quote Originally Posted by really View Post
      God cannot destroy himself because He is Omnipotent.


    20. #20
      Diamonds And Rust Achievements:
      Veteran First Class Vivid Dream Journal Referrer Bronze Populated Wall 5000 Hall Points Made lots of Friends on DV Tagger First Class
      Darkmatters's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 2009
      Gender
      Location
      Center of the universe
      Posts
      6,952
      Likes
      5837
      DJ Entries
      172
      Same here - I didn't blame anything on anybody, nor do I 'always blame government for everything'. UM and I have done nothing but ask questions.

      As I said above, it's becoming clear there is a deep corruption in our government. When someone has proven themselves to be untrustworthy, doesn't it seem like a good idea to investigate anything oddly suspicious that they're involved with?

    21. #21
      Terminally Out of Phase Descensus's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 2006
      Gender
      Posts
      2,246
      Likes
      831
      Quote Originally Posted by Universal Mind View Post
      Okay, shotgun. Not a hand gun. What did the medical examiner say the shooter used to shoot up the place?
      The Bushmaster rifle. Both the medical examiner and a CT statie confirm this.

      They can, but I have never seen a parent act that way the day after the death.
      As with before, I won't insult you by explaining what an argument from incredulity looks like.

      I have never seen that. Why were the pages with crazy dates on them created? Why did their purpose suddenly change within two days?
      They could've been created for any reason. They could've been pages for Star Trek fan fiction for all I know. As for why their purpose changed, well, it was a horrific event. Page owners often turn their pages into springboards for donations, activism, etc.

      So other people's memorials were taken away for a new tragedy? Were those pages created two days earlier too? Two days???
      No, the existing pages (whose original purpose could've been for ANYTHING) were changed for the reason stated above.

      Go to 9:34 of the video I posted in my original post.
      Did you bother to read the post directly adjacent to the one stating the school is still in lockdown? The page was set up by friends of the Parker's, not the Parker's themselves. The post mentioning the lockdown also apologizes for the misinformation given earlier regarding the loss of Emilie Parker. Tense, horrible situation with information scattered all over the place, with nobody sure what exactly was happening...is accidental false reporting such an unreasonable explanation?

      Did you watch the video I posted?
      To be honest I haven't watched the video, but a lot of its claims (which you've laid out) are similar to other hypotheses brought up by hoaxers.

      The reporter said she herself talked to the school nurse, who told her that the gunman's mother was "a very caring, experienced kindergarten teacher." How could that get messed up?
      The same way John King messed up. It happens all the time with situations like these.

      Yes, that is pretty damn close to the obscure town. Are those drills going on in your town right now?
      A thirty minute travel for me is roughly from my house to just north of Boston with light traffic. I'll have you know that Boston seems like a world away.

      I looked up whether MEMA is having any training courses. There are three in my city this month. I'll let you know if anything tragic happens. Though I doubt anything will, as there were four in March and for some reason I can't recall any major violent incidents occurring.

      Yes, Emilie Parker. My sources have said that the girl in the pictures is Emilie. Like I said, people lie, but many sources say the girl in the picture with Obama is Emilie Parker. There was an older sister and two younger ones who look like twins. Which one do you claim was Emilie?
      The girl with Obama was the younger sister.

      The ones I have found make me facepalm and cringe at the same time. Have you found a good one?
      No videos, but lots of articles.. Stories have been clarified, and there is a lot of emphasis on the media simply fucking up their reporting because, well, they're competing to be the "first to know." Other hoax hypotheses are simply nonsense, fueled by paranoia. It's no wonder why people who believe in one conspiracy theory are more likely to believe in others.
      The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended. - Frédéric Bastiat
      I try to deny myself any illusions or delusions, and I think that this perhaps entitles me to try and deny the same to others, at least as long as they refuse to keep their fantasies to themselves. - Christopher Hitchens
      Formerly known as BLUELINE976

    22. #22
      Member Woodstock's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 2011
      Gender
      Location
      Michigan
      Posts
      680
      Likes
      599
      DJ Entries
      12
      Quote Originally Posted by Universal Mind View Post
      However, I know with complete certainty that all of these tragedies have been used by the government to argue for major government expansion and the trampling of civil liberties. That we do know.
      I agree with this.

      Quote Originally Posted by Darkmatters View Post
      Same here - I didn't blame anything on anybody, nor do I 'always blame government for everything'. UM and I have done nothing but ask questions.
      Sorry, I thought you and Universal Mind were arguing that the government did it, not just asking questions.

      Quote Originally Posted by Darkmatters View Post
      As I said above, it's becoming clear there is a deep corruption in our government. When someone has proven themselves to be untrustworthy, doesn't it seem like a good idea to investigate anything oddly suspicious that they're involved with?
      Yes, the government is corrupt. I did some research because like you said, the government is untrustworthy and suspicious, but I just don't see any real evidence for this, just bad reporting and some fakes.
      Universal Mind and melanieb like this.

    23. #23
      Diamonds And Rust Achievements:
      Veteran First Class Vivid Dream Journal Referrer Bronze Populated Wall 5000 Hall Points Made lots of Friends on DV Tagger First Class
      Darkmatters's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 2009
      Gender
      Location
      Center of the universe
      Posts
      6,952
      Likes
      5837
      DJ Entries
      172
      Ok cool. Yeah, I can see where any thread that begins with a video like this one would almost automatically bee seen by most people as pure Alex Jones style conspiracy theory idiocy. I'm not just buying wholeheartedly into any of it, but I also refuse to go the opposite extreme and assume that there's never a grain of truth at the heart of some conspiracy theories.

      I really haven't researched into this much - ok at all, so I was hoping somebody would give links to some explanations or a place to start. I hate the way it seems like these stories start off so strong, you know, 24-7 coverage for a week or two and then suddenly they disappear before there are enough answers or before anything has really been resolved. It's a shame anyone who wants to learn more after the news stories dry up needs to launch their own independent investigation.

    24. #24
      Consciousness in the Void Universal Mind's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2004
      Gender
      Location
      The Eternal Paradox
      Posts
      12,853
      Likes
      1031
      Quote Originally Posted by BLUELINE976 View Post
      The Bushmaster rifle. Both the medical examiner and a CT statie confirm this.
      Was the Bushmaster rifle found in the school? According to the video, only hand guns were found in the school. If the video is wrong about that and there is evidence to confirm it, then that's one hole in the video.

      Quote Originally Posted by BLUELINE976 View Post
      As with before, I won't insult you by explaining what an argument from incredulity looks like.
      I have said several times that it is not proof. It is definitely a really weird, eyebrow raising situation. Did you watch the other video I posted? If you will watch even a few minutes of it, especially the teacher's family, you will see something very bizarre.

      Keep in mind that I am not convinced that Sandy Hook was a hoax. If I were, I would not have titled this thread with a question.

      Quote Originally Posted by BLUELINE976 View Post
      They could've been created for any reason. They could've been pages for Star Trek fan fiction for all I know. As for why their purpose changed, well, it was a horrific event. Page owners often turn their pages into springboards for donations, activism, etc.
      I wonder why the other cause/identity lasted only two days on Facebook. I wonder how the parent found out there was an available page and got ownership of it instead of just starting from scratch. Creating a Facebook page from scratch can be done in a matter of minutes. I wouldn't know how to find a Facebook page where the owner is saying, "Hey, take this page. We don't need it... after two days." More strangeness.

      Quote Originally Posted by BLUELINE976 View Post
      Did you bother to read the post directly adjacent to the one stating the school is still in lockdown? The page was set up by friends of the Parker's, not the Parker's themselves. The post mentioning the lockdown also apologizes for the misinformation given earlier regarding the loss of Emilie Parker. Tense, horrible situation with information scattered all over the place, with nobody sure what exactly was happening...is accidental false reporting such an unreasonable explanation?
      A Facebook dedication page was set up for a dead student while the school was still in lockdown? People hear that a school has been taken over by at least one gunman, and people in the town react by immediately hitting Facebook and doing dedications to children who had reportedly just been murdered, and one of them hadn't even really been murdered? Do you see anything off the wall about that? It is very difficult for me to see that happening in real life. I would be glued to the television or the radio to find out what is going to happen next at my town's elementary school during such a crisis. It wouldn't be Facebook dedication time. I don't come within a million miles of relating to that madness.

      Quote Originally Posted by BLUELINE976 View Post
      To be honest I haven't watched the video, but a lot of its claims (which you've laid out) are similar to other hypotheses brought up by hoaxers.
      I have a history of scoffing at conspiracy videos, but this is some of the weirdest shit I have ever seen. You really should watch the video. The way the people of the town act in it is very surreal because it just seems so unreal, but it's on the news. The facts are insane, and so is the behavior.

      Quote Originally Posted by BLUELINE976 View Post
      The same way John King messed up. It happens all the time with situations like these.
      Then the reporter is lying, she had a very detailed false memory of a conversation she just had, she talked to a school nurse who told a whopper about a tragedy that just happened at the elementary school where she works, or some freak claimed to be the school nurse but wasn't. Is there a fifth alternative?

      Quote Originally Posted by BLUELINE976 View Post
      A thirty minute travel for me is roughly from my house to just north of Boston with light traffic. I'll have you know that Boston seems like a world away.
      I live about twenty minutes from the Jackson city limits, but the city line is so close that the name of the metro area where I live is Jackson. It doesn't seem far at all. I could bike into the city in no time.

      Quote Originally Posted by BLUELINE976 View Post
      I looked up whether MEMA is having any training courses. There are three in my city this month. I'll let you know if anything tragic happens. Though I doubt anything will, as there were four in March and for some reason I can't recall any major violent incidents occurring.
      That's 1 every 10 days, and you live in Boston, where a terrorist attack just occurred, not Newton, Connecticut.

      Quote Originally Posted by BLUELINE976 View Post
      The girl with Obama was the younger sister.
      I did more research on that. There were three sisters. Emilie was the oldest, and she was the alleged victim. The girl standing right in front of Obama in the picture looks identical to Emilie and is wearing her outfit. The other blonde headed girl is Emilie's sister who, I think, is the identical twin of the other surviving sister. Emilie was considerably older than the other two and had much longer hair. The other two girls had hair of the same length.

      Quote Originally Posted by BLUELINE976 View Post
      No videos, but lots of articles.. Stories have been clarified, and there is a lot of emphasis on the media simply fucking up their reporting because, well, they're competing to be the "first to know." Other hoax hypotheses are simply nonsense, fueled by paranoia. It's no wonder why people who believe in one conspiracy theory are more likely to believe in others.
      I don't "believe" any of them. There is just crazy stuff that still hasn't been explained. For debunking the conspiracy theory, this video is about the best I have found so far, and it leaves many holes.



      It does explain the man who ran away from the school. He was supposedly looking for his daughter after he found out that she got away from the school. The Gene Rosen situation, the Emilie Parker situation, and the bizarre acting of family members of victims still leave huge question marks.

      The Emilie Parker mystery is presented very well on this page:

      http://beforeitsnews.com/opinion-con...r-2558804.html
      Last edited by Universal Mind; 06-24-2013 at 07:31 AM.
      Quote Originally Posted by really View Post
      God cannot destroy himself because He is Omnipotent.


    25. #25
      Consciousness in the Void Universal Mind's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2004
      Gender
      Location
      The Eternal Paradox
      Posts
      12,853
      Likes
      1031
      Jackpot:



      Lots of actual news clips, interviews, and speeches in that, and they are quite eerie.


      I want to reiterate this, particularly the pictures of Emilie Parker:

      Sandy Hook: The Curious Case Of Emilie Parker | Opinion - Conservative
      Last edited by Universal Mind; 06-24-2013 at 08:58 AM.
      Quote Originally Posted by really View Post
      God cannot destroy himself because He is Omnipotent.


    Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. I'll hook you in the gabber m8
      By Lynchie in forum Introduction Zone
      Replies: 6
      Last Post: 04-27-2013, 10:27 AM
    2. The UFO Hoax!
      By juroara in forum Extended Discussion
      Replies: 128
      Last Post: 09-29-2008, 07:06 PM
    3. Castaneda Hoax
      By Second Attention in forum Beyond Dreaming
      Replies: 24
      Last Post: 06-25-2006, 06:38 PM
    4. Christianity a Hoax
      By Belisarius in forum Philosophy
      Replies: 18
      Last Post: 04-25-2005, 11:04 PM

    Bookmarks

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •