• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views




    Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Results 1 to 25 of 34
    Like Tree7Likes

    Thread: Pot Legalization Supporter Interviews Pot Prohibitionist - Very Well Done

    1. #1
      Consciousness in the Void Universal Mind's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2004
      Gender
      Location
      The Eternal Paradox
      Posts
      12,853
      Likes
      1031

      Pot Legalization Supporter Interviews Pot Prohibitionist - Very Well Done

      I don't think marijuana is harmless. It does have its problems. However, I do think it should be legal. This interviewer does a great job of illustrating why it should be. The guy he interviews is against legalization, but he answers the questions and acts decently. He seems new to the legalization arguments, and he seems to have potential for changing his mind.

      Maeni likes this.
      Quote Originally Posted by really View Post
      God cannot destroy himself because He is Omnipotent.


    2. #2
      Dreamah in ReHaB AirRick101's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 2004
      Gender
      Location
      Los Altos, CA
      Posts
      1,622
      Likes
      22
      Hey, UM!

      I also don't think marijuana is harmless, but I also think most people label it more harmful than it really is. There's no question for its medical benefits, and more legalization would free even more people to openly research it for medical applications.

      As far as the video goes, the interviewee at one point accuses the interviewer of putting words in his mouth - a classic sign that he was trying to deceive, but failed.
      Universal Mind likes this.
      naturals are what we call people who did all the right things accidentally

    3. #3
      D.V. Editor-in-Chief Original Poster's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 2006
      LD Count
      Lucid Now
      Gender
      Location
      3D
      Posts
      8,263
      Likes
      4135
      DJ Entries
      11
      But if pots legal how are we going to provide a product for the prison industrial complex?
      Universal Mind likes this.

      Everything works out in the end, sometimes even badly.


    4. #4
      Consciousness in the Void Universal Mind's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2004
      Gender
      Location
      The Eternal Paradox
      Posts
      12,853
      Likes
      1031
      Quote Originally Posted by AirRick101 View Post
      Hey, UM!

      I also don't think marijuana is harmless, but I also think most people label it more harmful than it really is. There's no question for its medical benefits, and more legalization would free even more people to openly research it for medical applications.

      As far as the video goes, the interviewee at one point accuses the interviewer of putting words in his mouth - a classic sign that he was trying to deceive, but failed.
      I'm glad you're back, AirRick. Yeah, that guy's comment was dishonest, but at least he was humble about it. Most people in his position would just get emotional and theatrical and start going off on insulting tangents.

      Quote Originally Posted by Original Poster View Post
      But if pots legal how are we going to provide a product for the prison industrial complex?
      Oh God, I didn't think about those poor babies. They just want to mind their own business and get rich off mass human tragedy while sending letters to state legislatures about how they need more pot heads in prison because they are not making the revenue they could be making. The prison industrial complex folks are such good, lovable sociopaths who are just misunderstood.
      Last edited by Universal Mind; 03-20-2014 at 03:48 AM.
      Quote Originally Posted by really View Post
      God cannot destroy himself because He is Omnipotent.


    5. #5
      D.V. Editor-in-Chief Original Poster's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 2006
      LD Count
      Lucid Now
      Gender
      Location
      3D
      Posts
      8,263
      Likes
      4135
      DJ Entries
      11
      Don't forget it creates a nice, legal form of slavery and enables a bypass to silly things like minimum wage.

      Everything works out in the end, sometimes even badly.


    6. #6
      Consciousness in the Void Universal Mind's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2004
      Gender
      Location
      The Eternal Paradox
      Posts
      12,853
      Likes
      1031
      I'm starting to think that's okay. Enslaving pot heads is the way to create a better world. I have seen commercials and movies which PROVE that marijuana causes horror all over the Earth.



      Quote Originally Posted by really View Post
      God cannot destroy himself because He is Omnipotent.


    7. #7
      D.V. Editor-in-Chief Original Poster's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 2006
      LD Count
      Lucid Now
      Gender
      Location
      3D
      Posts
      8,263
      Likes
      4135
      DJ Entries
      11
      You're being sarcastic, but I for one know in order to compete with China we have to create the same sweat-shop style labor laws they have there, and with silly things like minimum wage and collective bargaining, our best means of replicating their cheap work force is by generating a socially acceptable form of internment camps. As long as we keep something silly that half the population does illegal, we can guarantee a flow of jews--er blacks--fuck I mean incarcerated criminals to provide cheap labor. You do like cheap labor, don't you? Or are you a communist like the Chinese?

      Everything works out in the end, sometimes even badly.


    8. #8
      Consciousness in the Void Universal Mind's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2004
      Gender
      Location
      The Eternal Paradox
      Posts
      12,853
      Likes
      1031
      Ha ha, neither. If what you are saying is true, I wonder what Plan B is because marijuana is about to start getting legalized all over the country. It is legal in Washington and Colorado now, and not a damn thing has changed for the worse because of it. Lots of other states are pushing for it now. Mississippi and Alabama will probably be the last two states to legalize it, but once enough states have legalized it and all of the stupid horror propaganda has been revealed to the nation to be false, the federal laws against it are going to be pushed off the books. Then we will need to concentrate on getting all of the other drugs legalized because prohibition is a huge generator of dangerous criminal activity and freedom is a virtue.
      Quote Originally Posted by really View Post
      God cannot destroy himself because He is Omnipotent.


    9. #9
      D.V. Editor-in-Chief Original Poster's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 2006
      LD Count
      Lucid Now
      Gender
      Location
      3D
      Posts
      8,263
      Likes
      4135
      DJ Entries
      11
      Plan B already started actually: 1. let the working class flounder in economic collapse while all the jobs are moved overseas, 2. remove all social safety nets so people starve and blame their despair on minimum wage and collective bargaining, 3. repeal minimum wage and collective bargaining, move factories back into the US complete with suicide nets.

      All we had to do was keep marijuana illegal and we could have avoided working in factories with suicide nets

      Everything works out in the end, sometimes even badly.


    10. #10
      Consciousness in the Void Universal Mind's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2004
      Gender
      Location
      The Eternal Paradox
      Posts
      12,853
      Likes
      1031
      I think they're working on a plot to make sugary and fattening foods illegal. That will make the war on drugs look like Barney Fife arresting Otis the town drunk.

      Well, the idea crossed my mind. Okay, I'll be serious. This is what is really going on:

      Last edited by Universal Mind; 03-20-2014 at 07:57 AM.
      Quote Originally Posted by really View Post
      God cannot destroy himself because He is Omnipotent.


    11. #11
      D.V. Editor-in-Chief Original Poster's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 2006
      LD Count
      Lucid Now
      Gender
      Location
      3D
      Posts
      8,263
      Likes
      4135
      DJ Entries
      11
      That does nothing to supply a workforce for the internment camps. They can only go after businesses and the size of their sodas, there's too much gray area to go after consumers.

      And seriously if you want to stop people from eating junk food all we have to do is stop subsidizing it in the first place and it will no longer be so much more affordable than healthy food.

      Everything works out in the end, sometimes even badly.


    12. #12
      Consciousness in the Void Universal Mind's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2004
      Gender
      Location
      The Eternal Paradox
      Posts
      12,853
      Likes
      1031
      Libertarians don't support the "internment camps." We support ultimate free market. That has a way of taking care of things.

      Let's not get into a debate about government intervention economic issues in this thread. This thread is about pot legalization.
      Quote Originally Posted by really View Post
      God cannot destroy himself because He is Omnipotent.


    13. #13
      D.V. Editor-in-Chief Original Poster's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 2006
      LD Count
      Lucid Now
      Gender
      Location
      3D
      Posts
      8,263
      Likes
      4135
      DJ Entries
      11
      You can't debate sex without debating pregnancy. But where on earth did you get the idea that I insinuated libertarians support internment camps? I don't give a fuck about libertarians at all, it's a really stupid philosophy that did not enter into my mind. Perhaps you should reread my post and try again, sweetie. When I said "that" I was not referring to libertarians, I was referring to the prohibition of junkfood.

      Everything works out in the end, sometimes even badly.


    14. #14
      Member Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal Made lots of Friends on DV Referrer Bronze Populated Wall Tagger First Class 25000 Hall Points Veteran First Class
      <s><span class='glow_9ACD32'>DeletePlease</span></s>'s Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 2010
      Posts
      2,685
      Likes
      2883
      DJ Entries
      12
      You two should shut up and just fuck already. Got me sweating with all this tit-for-tat'ing...

    15. #15
      D.V. Editor-in-Chief Original Poster's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 2006
      LD Count
      Lucid Now
      Gender
      Location
      3D
      Posts
      8,263
      Likes
      4135
      DJ Entries
      11
      We need to extend the will-they-wont-they for at least 3 more seasons

      Everything works out in the end, sometimes even badly.


    16. #16
      Consciousness in the Void Universal Mind's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2004
      Gender
      Location
      The Eternal Paradox
      Posts
      12,853
      Likes
      1031
      Quote Originally Posted by Original Poster View Post
      You can't debate sex without debating pregnancy. But where on earth did you get the idea that I insinuated libertarians support internment camps? I don't give a fuck about libertarians at all, it's a really stupid philosophy that did not enter into my mind. Perhaps you should reread my post and try again, sweetie. When I said "that" I was not referring to libertarians, I was referring to the prohibition of junkfood.
      I don't think we are even having the same conversation any more.

      Quote Originally Posted by GavinGill View Post
      You two should shut up and just fuck already. Got me sweating with all this tit-for-tat'ing...
      I think you're both getting the wrong idea.
      Quote Originally Posted by really View Post
      God cannot destroy himself because He is Omnipotent.


    17. #17
      D.V. Editor-in-Chief Original Poster's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 2006
      LD Count
      Lucid Now
      Gender
      Location
      3D
      Posts
      8,263
      Likes
      4135
      DJ Entries
      11
      Allow me to restate my point, if we don't keep pot illegal then the Illuminati will continue their plan of bankrupting the US and making us believe we don't need minimum wage, collective bargaining or social safety nets so that they can create a cheap labor force capable of competing with the Luminari, who run China. As long as we can keep something silly that tons of people do criminalized, we can just do the internment camp method like Hitler did in order to provide slave labor.

      You suggest prohibiting junk food, and I said you can't go after the consumer with that style prohibition, you can't arrest someone for having bad diet habits because it's too difficult to track at this time. You can only go after businesses and restrict their soda sizes and stuff. So it won't work.

      Everything works out in the end, sometimes even badly.


    18. #18
      Consciousness in the Void Universal Mind's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2004
      Gender
      Location
      The Eternal Paradox
      Posts
      12,853
      Likes
      1031
      I think there would be a huge underground junk food market if junk food were illegal. The Mafia would get into it immediately, and the street gangs would have to either jump in or fade into obscurity because there would be a gang problem like we have never even dreamed of. People would be pulled over for driving while fat, and the prisons would be flooded with fat people. They would also be flooded with skinny people who got caught with black market donuts, pies, cakes, and colas. Those junk food items would be much more dangerous than before because they would be cut with nasty chemicals that are much cheaper than the real ingredients.
      Quote Originally Posted by really View Post
      God cannot destroy himself because He is Omnipotent.


    19. #19
      D.V. Editor-in-Chief Original Poster's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 2006
      LD Count
      Lucid Now
      Gender
      Location
      3D
      Posts
      8,263
      Likes
      4135
      DJ Entries
      11
      Aren't you a lawyer? How are you supposed to enforce a junk food law on the consumer? The gray area there is ridiculous. Every week we switch from vilifying MSG to vilifying Gluten to vilifying eggs to egg yokes and then to cooked egg yokes and to carbs or trans-fat to corn to refined sugar. You can enforce it on businesses and stop them from selling junk food but you can't really create a feasible way to prove someone ate or possessed junk food, unless you specifically prohibit chemicals like modified corn products and stuff.

      Fuck, I can't do it anymore, I surrender. Like I said earlier, if the government really wants to get people healthier all they have to do is stop subsidizing corn, then the price of junk-food and fast food would rise up to where it's supposed to be in a free market, and healthy food would suddenly become the more affordable product for the average consumer. And it would lower taxes. But it would also confront a heavy hitting lobby and doing stupid things like adding extra junk-food taxes or regulating the businesses that sell it allow you to come off like a pro-health politician without making enemies with the industry.

      Everything works out in the end, sometimes even badly.


    20. #20
      Consciousness in the Void Universal Mind's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2004
      Gender
      Location
      The Eternal Paradox
      Posts
      12,853
      Likes
      1031
      I really hope they don't do it, but they could just make certain foods illegal in the way certain drugs are illegal. There could be possession and distribution laws. A cop might pull somebody over and say, "I smell cake, so I am going to search your car." Then the cop might find chocolate pie hidden under the driver's seat. The driver would be charged with possession of chocolate pie. The laws would be just like drug laws.

      I got this idea from Harry Browne, the 1996 and 2000 Libertarian presidential nominee. He said something in his book "Why Government Doesn't Work" about a day that may come when somebody is given a prison sentence because a french fry was found in his glove compartment. The idea was hilarious and original then, but we have gotten much closer to that reality. It could become a reality in the pretty near future.
      Quote Originally Posted by really View Post
      God cannot destroy himself because He is Omnipotent.


    21. #21
      Terminally Out of Phase Descensus's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 2006
      Gender
      Posts
      2,246
      Likes
      831
      One of the rare instances of Adam Kokesh not making a fool of himself. I'm impressed. Kudos to the other guy for sticking through it as well.
      The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended. - Frédéric Bastiat
      I try to deny myself any illusions or delusions, and I think that this perhaps entitles me to try and deny the same to others, at least as long as they refuse to keep their fantasies to themselves. - Christopher Hitchens
      Formerly known as BLUELINE976

    22. #22
      Consciousness in the Void Universal Mind's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2004
      Gender
      Location
      The Eternal Paradox
      Posts
      12,853
      Likes
      1031
      Quote Originally Posted by BLUELINE976 View Post
      One of the rare instances of Adam Kokesh not making a fool of himself. I'm impressed. Kudos to the other guy for sticking through it as well.
      He's an anarchist activist with a lot of support, and you say that you are an anarchist. How has he made a fool of himself?
      Last edited by Universal Mind; 03-21-2014 at 12:44 AM.
      Quote Originally Posted by really View Post
      God cannot destroy himself because He is Omnipotent.


    23. #23
      Terminally Out of Phase Descensus's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 2006
      Gender
      Posts
      2,246
      Likes
      831
      Quote Originally Posted by Universal Mind View Post
      He's an anarchist activist with a lot of support, and you say that you are an anarchist. How has he made a fool of himself?
      Yeah, I know who he is. Kokesh has a history of, well, going a little wild with antics. From a marketing perspective, I think he does more harm in good when he does things like post a video of himself loading a shotgun in D.C. while saying: "We will not be silent. We will not obey. We will not allow our government to destroy our humanity. We are the final American revolution." If we want to engage with those who don't agree with us, making ourselves look like violent revolutionaries is not the way to do it.
      The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended. - Frédéric Bastiat
      I try to deny myself any illusions or delusions, and I think that this perhaps entitles me to try and deny the same to others, at least as long as they refuse to keep their fantasies to themselves. - Christopher Hitchens
      Formerly known as BLUELINE976

    24. #24
      Consciousness in the Void Universal Mind's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2004
      Gender
      Location
      The Eternal Paradox
      Posts
      12,853
      Likes
      1031
      I didn't see that, but a lot of people say stuff like that when they are talking about using armed rebellion as a last resort if the government ever goes totalitarian. There is a great deal of concern that things are headed in the direction of totalitarianism. Saying that we need an armed rebellion now would be pretty crazy, and very few libertarians and anarchists support it.
      Quote Originally Posted by really View Post
      God cannot destroy himself because He is Omnipotent.


    25. #25
      Terminally Out of Phase Descensus's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 2006
      Gender
      Posts
      2,246
      Likes
      831
      IIRC he also wanted to stage a march in D.C. that included everybody open carrying their guns. Again, not at all what libertarians should want if we want people to take things like gun rights or government overreach or even pot legalization seriously. People who have been exposed to Kokesh's antics in the past won't look at the video in the OP and say, "ok, let's hear what he has to say about pot legalization." They'll probably say, "oh, it's this nutter again."
      The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended. - Frédéric Bastiat
      I try to deny myself any illusions or delusions, and I think that this perhaps entitles me to try and deny the same to others, at least as long as they refuse to keep their fantasies to themselves. - Christopher Hitchens
      Formerly known as BLUELINE976

    Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. Do You Support The Full Legalization Of Cannabis?
      By 8Ball420 in forum The Lounge
      Replies: 54
      Last Post: 08-04-2010, 06:58 PM
    2. Replies: 24
      Last Post: 01-16-2009, 08:22 AM
    3. A researched argument for drug legalization
      By aceofspades in forum Extended Discussion
      Replies: 30
      Last Post: 09-02-2008, 08:42 PM
    4. Those Bill Gates CES interviews
      By Ynot in forum Tech Talk
      Replies: 0
      Last Post: 01-09-2008, 11:41 PM

    Bookmarks

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •