• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views

Member Achievements:
      Tagger Second Class Created Dream Journal 1000 Hall Points Veteran First Class
      DJ Entries

Recurring dream, need help getting into a room!

Hi there.

I have this dream, which first introduced itself years back, 8 maybe 9 or so.
      In these 8 to 9 years I've had this dream several times, the location is always the same.
      The only difference between the dreams are the DCs.

It takes place inside, and there are three rooms.
      I call them "the Red Room", "the Passing Room", and the third I simply call "the Objective".
      These three are all connected in the order I've written them.
      The Red Room is a very old fashioned and classy lounge type of room. It has no doors, just a walkthough passage to the Passing Room. And in it there is one red chair a chandelier and a lama.
      The Passage Room is dark. The only light in the room comes from the Red Room. It has 12 beds in it, 2 rows of 6.
      The Objective Room I've never entered but I've seen a glimpse of the inside for one second. I saw that it was dark and it had some kind of ancient window.

I've had help from my friends in the dream and from my mother. But I know they can't help me get in. My friends could get in though, but were to scared of what's inside. But I don't think it's something as simple as a scary monster or anything like that.
      The only way for me to get the door open myself is by asking the lama in the Red Room the right question(s). It speaks to my telepathically. I've asked it how to get in the room or what the right question is. But he just keeps saying; 'You're asking me the wrong questions, ask the right one'.

So that's one problem, the other one is that, even though I've got the lucid consiousness, I can't seem to controle the dream phisically. So all I've got is the lucid consiousness but I can't seem to think of the right question to ask the lama.

What are your views on this dream and it's problems?

Banned
      LD Count
      Counts fingers
      Austin
      DJ Entries
      This sounds like a problem in a game.

I doubt I could add anything to your perspective. You describe this in a way that sounds like you have already given it a lot of thought, for meaning and what to do with it.

Try asking the Lama (or is it a llama?) about who you are, or why you are there.

Tell the Lama to go with you. Tell the Lama you want to go 'left'

Draw a portal between the Red Room and the Objective. Go through that instead.

Or you could just screw it all and party with the Lama.

Personally, if I really wanted in I would find a way in, even if I had to cut through the wall or break the window from the outside.

Administrator Achievements:
      1 year registered Made lots of Friends on DV Veteran First Class 10000 Hall Points Stickie King Vivid Dream Journal Referrer Bronze
      LD Count
      2500ish
      Idaho
      DJ Entries
      The un passable door is a common theme in dreams. I had a series of those type of dreams long ago. It is generally thought that it represent your sub-concious mind. I assume the idea is that you are not yet willing to admit or accept something that your sub-concious mind already knows, so you have created a barrier between you and the answer. The chances are, if you ask the correct question, there will no longer be a need to go throughtthe door. Instead the dreams will probably just stop. i got to where I was completely convinced the door lead to some part of my own mind and actively intended to go through it, but at the last minute, panic would strike and I would chicken out. I never actually had a dream where I went through it. I just reached a point where the barrier was no longer needed, and I have not seen the door since.

If I were to suggest questions for the lama (saint or animal?) it would be one of these. "Why have I hidden what is behind the door?" or "do you think I should try to open that door, and why?"
      Last edited by Sivason; 04-11-2012 at 11:47 PM.
      Peace Be With You. Oh, and sure, The Force too, why not.

"Instruction in Dream Yoga"

Member Achievements:
      DJ Entries
      Ow yeah it is indeed a Llama (the animal). And once I'm lucid enough I'll probably try and manipulate my way in.
      But then again, it does feel like cheating. In a way, I'm more interested in the question then the answer.
      Also, I just realised I never just asked what's in the room in the first place!
      But thanks for the feedback, also your suggestions really give me something to work with sivason, thanks.

I'm more interested in the question then the answer.

I completely agree, there thrill is in the chase! However if you've been chasing this for 8-9 years I can understand how it might be time to try to conclude this recurring dream. I agree with Sivason that this is most likely a weird psychological thing. Maybe ask the Llama what he represents and why he is there. He could be your spirit guide you never know!

Member Achievements:
      DJ Entries
      I haven't been working on this for the full 9 years of course. My guess is the dream has occured maybe up to 10 times?
      So there have been years forgetting about it completely, but now that I've found this community and site, I'm making it one of my lucid goals from now on!
      Hey, you could say I'm just getting started now that I have a better understanding of what I'm dealing with here!