• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views

ShadowBlade Achievements:
      Tagger Second Class Created Dream Journal Made lots of Friends on DV Populated Wall Referrer Gold 5000 Hall Points Veteran First Class
      LD Count
      69 Teehee
      New Zealand
      DJ Entries

Exclamation FILD Help please

Hey guys.
      Last night I tried to do a FILD as I was going to sleep at around 10 PM, it didnt work and i just fell asleep.
      My vibrate alarm (Phone) under my pillow woke me up at 3 AM, and I attempted FILD again..
      I dont know, I think I was doing it for a bit too long, but I started to feel some random effects. For example: I noticed that my heart rate had increased dramatically, and it was pounding really hard, and my breaths were getting deeper.

Any suggestions? Am I doing something wrong or what?
      Im pretty sure FILD will work for me, im just not 100% sure if im doing it right.

DJ Entries
      Don't try and do any WILD variant before bed. It rarely works if ever.

I've never had FILD work for me. The best advice I can give is keep trying.

SP also causes really weird things like your heart beat increase. Don't worry about it.

Colony 9
      DJ Entries
      I think FILD is like DEILD in which you don't move when you wake up AT all.

DJ Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by gameoverlord345 View Post
      I think FILD is like DEILD in which you don't move when you wake up AT all.
      Not really. It involves micro movements of your fingers like an anchor.

Tagger Second Class Created Dream Journal Made lots of Friends on DV Populated Wall Referrer Gold 5000 Hall Points Veteran First Class
      LD Count
      69 Teehee
      New Zealand
      DJ Entries
      Ah ok. Cool. Thanks guys.
      So FILD is just a variant of WILD?

AND
      Don't try and do any WILD variant before bed. It rarely works if ever.
      But, its not absolutely pointless to try, right? Or will it decrease my chances of doing it after I wake up during the night?
      Im just doing it, because im just using all the opportunities that I get to try and lucid dream!

DJ Entries
      WILD means wake initiated lucid dream. So yes a FILD is technically a WILD.

I have tried it before bed over 100 times. I had the same attitude as you. But the only two I had were after sleep depravation. And they were less than 30 seconds. Even if you do have success you will just be disappointed.

LD Count
      69 Teehee
      New Zealand
      DJ Entries
      Yea lol, i know what WILD stands for
      WOW! Over 100 WILDS, or FILDS?
      Even if you do have success you will just be disappointed.
      Well I heard that this guy does it like every night and that he gets pretty long ones? Idk. I guess it just works in different ways for different people.
      Ill probably try FILD a few more times, and if it doesnt work, ill probably try go MILD.

I see that on your post signature thing it says
      DILD: 8 | WILD: 4 | DEILD: 2 | MILD: 7
      Could you give me a link plz to each of the tutorials for them? (Well, the tutorials which you think are "good" (Detailed), basic, and useful)

Would be greatly appreciated!

DJ Entries
      Read it again I've had 6 WILDs but tried before bed over one hundred times.

As for DILD MILD WILD and DEILD tutorials. My techniques are really just collections of what I have learned from tutorials and other members. I think experiment and find what works for me. I encourage you to read up in the wiki and use the search bar to find relevant threads. If you are interested in any one particular technique I'll write up what I do. If I wasn't on an IPod I'd write up details for all three.

Also I wasn't trying to be condescending writing out the definition for WILD. I was just showing how DEILD, FILD, and the typical WILD are just different takes on the same technique.

In a few years when I have much more experience I'm going to write tutorials for the exact way I do my techniques. And of course they will be highly refined by then.

Colony 9
      DJ Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by Zebrah View Post
      Not really. It involves micro movements of your fingers like an anchor.
      i meant except of the movement of the fingers cause FILD revolves around that

DJ Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by gameoverlord345 View Post
      i meant except of the movement of the fingers cause FILD revolves around that
      Yeah other than that you don't move.

LD Count
      69 Teehee
      New Zealand
      DJ Entries
      Hey guys, you know how when you do FILD, you should only be doing it for about 20-50 seconds before you fall asleep? If you do it for longer, e.g. 5 min, does that decrease your chance of having a lucid dream? Or does that just mean that it will take you heaps longer to get to sleep?
      Thanks.

Web of dreams Achievements:
      Made lots of Friends on DV Tagger Second Class Created Dream Journal Populated Wall Referrer Bronze 5000 Hall Points Veteran First Class
      LD Count
      Miami, ok
      DJ Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by NightSpy2 View Post
      Hey guys, you know how when you do FILD, you should only be doing it for about 20-50 seconds before you fall asleep? If you do it for longer, e.g. 5 min, does that decrease your chance of having a lucid dream? Or does that just mean that it will take you heaps longer to get to sleep?
      Thanks.
      I don't think so. I think that it is just a waste of time if you do it 5 min before falling asleep. Since it's only effective during the last 20 second.

I have had a couple FILD's but not many so I'm not the one to ask. Honestly I don't think that we really have FILD expert on this site.

I was always a dreamer, in childhood especially. People thought I was a little strange.-Charley pride

LD Count
      69 Teehee
      New Zealand
      DJ Entries
      I don't think so. I think that it is just a waste of time if you do it 5 min before falling asleep. Since it's only effective during the last 20 second.
      Oh ok.. Its just because I find it quite hard to judge when I'm just about to fall asleep. So yea.
      Thanks man!

LD Count
      Well i may not be an expert, but i've tried the FILD technique 3 or 4 times and each time i was successful with them. Lately i havent had much time to lucid dream or to do any methods so i turned to the FILD. The first time i attempted it i became lucid. However, the first 3 were short. I was lucid for about 3-5 mins. The last one however strangely enough was maybe 5-10mins long. It was very vivid and i was pleased with the lucid dream. Here's what i do. Before sleeping ill say to myself that "i will be lucid, or i will wake up randomly in the night, or i will wake up after every dream," a bit like a matra or something but you dont need to overdo it. I then go to sleep, and i happen to wake up in the night. When i wake up (this is the part you must pay attention too), i will wait for 2-3 mins to get back into a sleep state and will say to myself that i am going to do a RC. Then and only then do i begin the piano finger movement, and after 30secs-1min i do a nose plug rc and i am lucid. The reason as to why the lucid dream may be shorter with FILD i reckon is because there is lack of control, u become lucid almost instantly and it causes you to wake up.

This method works and i think this is the best method out there to become lucid. Any questions do not hesitate to ask.
      "Everything that has a beginning, has an end."

Member Achievements:
      1000 Hall Points Veteran First Class
      LD Count
      In my bed.
      Does anyone know whether or not we open our eyes when we RC for a FILD?
      Much appreciated!

Dream Assassin Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal Tagger First Class 1000 Hall Points Referrer Bronze Veteran First Class
      LD Count
      Tons
      Florida
      DJ Entries
      http://www.dreamviews.com/f49/finger...eam-fild-4779/

Thats the only how-to i could find. But FILD's have never been my strong suit so i don't know how much help i could give. Maybe get used to SP first and then try out different variants of WILDs such as FILD, but also the many other related ones. It's not the same for everyone. The person you mentioned having long lucids could just be naturally gifted in FILD the same way you might be about a different technique.
      Peter piper picked your pecker.... wait that's not right.

Member Achievements:
      1000 Hall Points Veteran First Class
      LD Count
      In my bed.
      Quote Originally Posted by jmanjohn View Post
      Maybe get used to SP first and then try out different variants of WILDs such as FILD, but also the many other related ones.
      Not to bash you or anything, but I don't think this'll help. As far as I know (I read this) FILDing doesn't give you much time to "feel" SP. It's supposed to take only half a minute or so before you fall back asleep into the dream. I doubt you'd experience SP. But what do I know, I haven't done it yet! xD