• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Like Tree5Likes

Thread: LucidDreamGod's DEILD/Chaining Lucid Dreams technique

Truth Seeker Achievements:
      Referrer Bronze 1 year registered Veteran First Class Created Dream Journal 10000 Hall Points Made Friends on DV
      <span class='glow_9400D3'>LucidDreamGod</span>'s Avatar
      US
      DJ Entries

LucidDreamGod's DEILD/Chaining Lucid Dreams technique

So I often go by these forums seeing topics requesting help in WILDing and such, if you want to get good at WILDing, then why not start out with a WILD type technique that is much easier to perform then a regular WILD, a method that has been proven to be very effective for me, it has given me a total of 6 Lucid Dreams in one night as a result of an early WBTB (stimulated my conscious).

My explanation of DEILD:

If you don't know what the method DEILD is it is a wild technique in it's own right, and stands for Dream Exit Introduced Lucid Dream. Though not to worry DEILD is much easier to perform then a regular WILD, in fact it usually takes me about 5-10 seconds if I am in the right mind state (though you have to realize it‘s different for everyone). The method originated from different books about lucid dreaming, often being referred to as chaining one lucid dream after another, the technique would often be used to prolong lucid dreams rather then begin them, and they can be used in both instances if you know how.

It's true DEILD is a rather simple method, a method in which you wake up in the middle of the night and don't move and your supposed to be able to wild back in, but that last part isn't described very well, and that’s the basics of my method, and why it is unique from others.

Step 1: Preparation

Ok you have to be able to stimulate a tactile sense like the feeling of your body moving but it's not actually moving, you can practice anytime you like, just try to day dream about yourself moving around, if you don't know what I mean it's like when you try to remember what something feels like just try to remember what it feels like to spin around, or do a summer salt you'll stimulate it soon enough, it's not like your actually going to physically feel this just go along with it though . You'll find your focus will continue to draw it's self back to your physical body, or the two bodies will be competing for dominance, that’s normal and you'll get used to making the imagined body win over.

Step 2: Waking up more often

Ok you know that time right when you first wake up from a dream or from sleep were you aren’t really fully awake your just kind of half way in-between (and you'll probably think your all the way woken up) you probably go through this stage every time you wake up unless you use an alarm clock or something, (you may be able to do DEILD with an alarm but it is not recommended, since the effects of first waking up are often eliminated) It is very important to get used to waking up and not moving, if you move a little it's fine sometimes. Occasionally you'll have dreamed of moving just awhile ago so your mind will think you already missed your chance, that’s possibly just a dream, and you were probably sleepy anyway so you didn't really get woken up by it.
      There are several ways to wake up more often:
      You can either Focus on a specific time, like I’ve noticed the body clock has this amazing ability to, if you focus on a specific time it has a greater chance of waking up around that time.
      Wake up early as a kind of WBTB in the night after about 3-4 hours of sleep after you have experienced deep sleep for awhile. This puts a lot of consciousness back into your mind throughout the rest of the night, you will wake up more and notice it, plus you will have greater chances of lucid dreaming overall, the only downside is you might hate waking up so much, the effect is in correlation with how much time you spend awake.
      Or you can simply establish that you should take notice of every time you wake up, or have it in your mind to wake up a lot.
      Another way is to go to bed earlier then you usually would resulting in you waking up earlier then you usually do, and probably your going to wake up a lot more over all, I have observed this very clearly on school days in which I would sleep in an extra hour or two, sometimes when I slept 2 hours in I must have woken up more then 5 times .

Step 3: Catching the moment

So your probably thinking to yourself that when you first get up in the middle of the night naturally you just have a yawn, maybe trip your way to the bathroom, and roll over and go to sleep. Well the fact is everyone’s mind has a system that alerts it to a sudden event, often triggering you to act in a certain way as a result in a quick manner. A good example is that you have people staying over at your house and they sleep in your room, and you don’t want to run in on their temporary property, the first time you go straight up to your room and use the bathroom without even thinking until you get out that you must not go in, each day progresses and you keep realizing it sooner, until just as your about to go open the door to your room the thought is triggered to not do it (personal example). Hopefully you have had this kind of experience and know were I am going, so even though it’s too late and you’ve already moved around, it’s very important to have a talk with yourself, telling yourself to notice sooner and sooner.

Step 4: Transition

Ok so you‘ve all of a sudden found yourself awake in your bed, you haven’t moved the slightest amount or barely opened your eyes. Now if you can remember what we talked about earlier on tactile sensations then you could be in a dream soon, a good way to do this is perform a summer salt that is entirely in your mind, at first it may seem silly, but feel the feeling of bringing your head down, feel the difference in gravity, start lifting your imaginary feet up and roll all the way forward, bring your imaginary hands to stabilize your self. It may not feel like it's working but continue and after doing it a couple times (maybe a bunch but don't loose faith) you should feel like your body is in that position, you may think you accidentally moved but don't worry, it’s not that tricky to tell if it really worked, the imaginary body will feel much more real and your focus will be almost attached to it all the way. Now step out of your bed (probably where the dream will begin) and try opening your eyes, visualization may come as a bit hard at first but it comes eventually. if you have a fan or something running be sure to not even worry about it stopping you and just ignore it and continue, I’ve done it successfully with a fan running several times.
      Last edited by LucidDreamGod; 06-26-2008 at 05:19 PM.

I wanna be the very best
      Like no one ever was
      To lucid dream is my real test
      To control them is my cause

Great guide! Glad to see it finnaly up, going to give this a shot over the next few weeks and ill tell you my results!

Happy lucids!
      Volcon
      Raised by: Gothlark, Sythix, KuRoSaKi.

Adopted: Snoop, Grandius, Linxx, Anti_nation.

Member Achievements:
      1 year registered 1000 Hall Points Veteran First Class

Curious, why would a fan stop you in the first place? breaks focus? thanks..

Master of Logic Achievements:
      1 year registered 5000 Hall Points Made Friends on DV Referrer Bronze Veteran First Class
      Some rocky planet with water
      Awesome technique, awesome explanation, awesome description. I like the way you put many things through. I'm also planning to work on waking up more frequently, since I have some kind of trauma of waking up from my mother screaming me awake. DEILD itself is something I can do nicely, and hopefully I'll have time by now.
      ~Kromoh

Saying quantum physics explains cognitive processes is just like saying geology explains jurisprudence.

Referrer Bronze 1 year registered Veteran First Class Created Dream Journal 10000 Hall Points Made Friends on DV
      US
      DJ Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by 10,000days View Post
      Curious, why would a fan stop you in the first place? breaks focus? thanks..
      Yes, a fan can be the source of another distraction, if you let it, so don't be like "oh no I can still hear the fan, it's going to stop me" because then your just paying more attention to it.

I wanna be the very best
      Like no one ever was

thanks LucidDreamGod, the way you explained it is excellent. i don't notice when i wake up in the middle of the night, so maybe a WBTB should help with that. i'll definitely work on it
      Total Lucid Dreams (29)
      DILD's (18)
      WILD's (3)
      DEILD's (8)

US
      DJ Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by ForgottenDream View Post
      thanks LucidDreamGod, the way you explained it is excellent. i don't notice when i wake up in the middle of the night, so maybe a WBTB should help with that. i'll definitely work on it
      Thank you, yeah I had the idea, and as many times as I've done WBTB's I've observed that I'll wake up more often or at least be more aware.

Quote Originally Posted by Kromoh View Post
      Awesome technique, awesome explanation, awesome description. I like the way you put many things through. I'm also planning to work on waking up more frequently, since I have some kind of trauma of waking up from my mother screaming me awake. DEILD itself is something I can do nicely, and hopefully I'll have time by now.
      Thank you, I hoped that I wrote it in a clear way, and haven't confused people with the way it's worded. Yeah it really depends a lot if you can be conscious of those times when you do wake up, I've theorized that we wake up a lot but just don't notice it, since it's common to wake up at the end of a REM period.

Quote Originally Posted by Volcon View Post
      Great guide! Glad to see it finnaly up, going to give this a shot over the next few weeks and ill tell you my results!

Happy lucids!
      Volcon
      Thanks, let me know how successful it is for you, hopefully my WBTB idea can work for everyone.

Also an idea to wake up more often that I had forgot about will be added.

I wanna be the very best
      Like no one ever was

1 year registered 5000 Hall Points Made Friends on DV Referrer Bronze Veteran First Class
      Btw, the thing about focusing on being conscious when you wake up in those little periods really works. I slept in the afternoon out of exhaustion, and I remember waking up like 3 times. The first thing I thought upon waking up was "am I conscious?" on each time I woke up. I also failed a WILD and it gave me quite a cool surfing-esque nonlucid. Guess I'm a lil rusty
      ~Kromoh

Saying quantum physics explains cognitive processes is just like saying geology explains jurisprudence.

├┼┼┼┼┤
      Equestria
      DJ Entries
      I still don't understand how to wake up without an alarm. I did it sometimes when I was younger, but that just happened randomly.

Can you explain in great detail how you're doing it? Focusing on "time" isn't much to go from. Do you focuse on the clock, like "I'm going to wake up at 04:00!", "I'll wake up in 4 hours" or how are you doing it? I'm pretty sure the DEILD technique would work for me, if I could just get the WBTB-without-alarm part.

---------
      Lost count of how many lucid dreams I've had
      ---------

US
      DJ Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by Marvo View Post
      I still don't understand how to wake up without an alarm. I did it sometimes when I was younger, but that just happened randomly.

Can you explain in great detail how you're doing it? Focusing on "time" isn't much to go from. Do you focuse on the clock, like "I'm going to wake up at 04:00!", "I'll wake up in 4 hours" or how are you doing it? I'm pretty sure the DEILD technique would work for me, if I could just get the WBTB-without-alarm part.
      Yeah it's ok if it's random.

It's not too complex, I just think I'm going to wake up at that specific time, and just expect it to happen without me having to do anything else. You don't use will power, I think thats the mistake some people might make, you simply think you'll wake up then, and leave the rest to your mind.

I wanna be the very best
      Like no one ever was

Quote Originally Posted by LucidDreamGod View Post
      Yeah it's ok if it's random.

It's not too complex, I just think I'm going to wake up at that specific time, and just expect it to happen without me having to do anything else. You don't use will power, I think thats the mistake some people might make, you simply think you'll wake up then, and leave the rest to your mind.
      Exactly. I tell myself I'll wake up at 6am and I often wake up by 5:45. This is great because I have time to snooze a lil bit xD

I do nothing other than tell myself "wake up at whatever time".
      ~Kromoh

├┼┼┼┼┤
      Equestria
      DJ Entries
      Hm, my sleep pattern isn't very consistens these days. Could this be cause for fail ?

---------
      ---------

Ya, if you don't have a regular sleep pattern, telling yourself to wake up at certain times does not tend to work, because your biological clock is not adjusted enough to just do this.

At-least, I know personally, I haven't had a regular sleep schedule in years, and I never wake up naturally at any time. I'm now dependent on an alarm clock. Sucks really, but I have tried telling myself to wake up at certain times, with fair confidence, and it just doesn't work consistantly.

Idea for you:
      If you don't wake up naturally several times a night, set an alarm which doesn't require you to turn it off. In other words, something that will wake you up just enough, but not require to you move to turn it off, thus it self terminates.
      For instance, I have a laptop which i can schedule "events" on. So i could have my laptop play a certain sound for like 20seconds, enough to wake me up, then that sound would end, and i could could do this technique.

Goodluck
      The human mind has far greater potential than society has conditioned you to believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Syntex View Post
      For instance, I have a laptop which i can schedule "events" on. So i could have my laptop play a certain sound for like 20seconds, enough to wake me up, then that sound would end, and i could could do this technique.

Goodluck
      so does it work for you? do you become lucid from a DEILD? and how often do you do this?
      Total Lucid Dreams (29)
      DILD's (18)
      WILD's (3)
      DEILD's (8)

US
      DJ Entries
      Hm, my sleep pattern isn't very consistens these days. Could this be cause for fail ?
      I agree with Syntex

If you don't fall asleep consistently then your mind has an increasingly difficult time knowing what time it is. I've noticed over all that I wake up more when I am going to sleep at the same time and waking up at a similar time.

Quote Originally Posted by Syntex View Post
      Idea for you:
      If you don't wake up naturally several times a night, set an alarm which doesn't require you to turn it off. In other words, something that will wake you up just enough, but not require to you move to turn it off, thus it self terminates.

Goodluck
      Oh dang I forgot to add that method, I seriously considered it before writing it, it just slipped my mind. I'll add it thank you.

Also if anyone tries it and has success, I'd be interested in knowing.

EDIT: dang can't edit the first post anymore .
      Last edited by LucidDreamGod; 06-28-2008 at 01:33 AM.

I wanna be the very best
      Like no one ever was

├┼┼┼┼┤
      Equestria
      DJ Entries
      I have a laptop. Think I'm gonna try it out.

My current setup is Vista, got any ideas on how I can do this? I was thinking of a batchscript, like;

start alarm.wma
      wait 20
      taskkill /im /f windowsmediaplayer.exe

---------
      ---------

In Response to Forgotten Dream, No I haven't tried this technique yet... Although I might and if i have success I'll share it on this thread.

In Response to Marvo, Yes you can do a batch, but it seems much easier to just use Task Scheduler, available for all versions of windows above 95 i think. I got vista and that is what i have been using as alarms to wake me up for WILDing. You just tell it to open a file/program and select the song/sound you want to play and it will automatically call up winamp or wmp, whatever your default player is, and it will play the sound/song. Of course this only works with something 20seconds ish long.... so ya, make a batch if you want to have a specific song only last a certain amount of time. Sounds like a great idea. let us know how it works
      The human mind has far greater potential than society has conditioned you to believe.

├┼┼┼┼┤
      Equestria
      DJ Entries
      I've set something up now. I tried running the task like "in one minute" and that didn't work. It was like the scheduler didn't even start the task.

Whatever, I've set it to wake me in 4 hours. Crossed fingers.

---------
      ---------

The impossible, possible Achievements:
      1 year registered 5000 Hall Points Veteran First Class
      In a land, far, far away
      wahoo

US
      DJ Entries
      I have a laptop. Think I'm gonna try it out.

My current setup is Vista, got any ideas on how I can do this? I was thinking of a batchscript, like;

start alarm.wma
      wait 20
      taskkill /im /f windowsmediaplayer.exe
      Well I don't know much about scripting , but as long as it's short and wakes you up before you reach your full levels of awarness.

Let me know how it went, because I would try it, though I have no alarm system like that, and my computer is not in my room, and it isn't portable.

I wanna be the very best
      Like no one ever was

├┼┼┼┼┤
      Equestria
      DJ Entries
      Gonna try it again tonight. It's really borked. When you do this stuff with the scheduler, it opens the program, but it's hidden. Had to kill winamp.exe by writing taskkill /im /f winamp.exe in the Run bar. Couldn't find it in the processlist.

Anyway, I've made my own little track with Windows sounds to wake me up. I might try it again tonight

---------
      ---------

Banned
      NY
      Um. When you say get out of bed, do you mean really get up? What if you're still awake? Or do you get up when you start seeing things like you are in a dream?

US
      DJ Entries
      You get up after you feel your dream body has taken over, you'll know because when you imagine moving you'll actually feel your moving. You don't have to imagine from that point on.

I wanna be the very best
      Like no one ever was

Chi Town
      I started doing this technique before I read this and had multiple successes. It is good for people who are more kinesthetic than visual (which is required for most DEILD and other WILD techniques). Whenever I slept on my side, and my hands IRL were close together, I would picture my hands rubbing. Then I could actually feel it and this signalled that I was in a dream and I could RC. A summersault is a great idea. I just wanted to tell you that someone else has had success with this technique.

And a tip, to help in preperation, you might want to actually summer sault (or spin) then try to recreate the sensation in your mind afterwards. This will help people be more accurate when they do it at night.

Well laid out, well put, great job.
      Last edited by i make it rain; 07-16-2008 at 04:56 PM.
      Forget it! Nobody is going to get him! Long gone. DEVIN HESTER YOU ARE RIDICULOUS!
      -Jeff Joniak after Hester's second return against St. Louis

this man is DIRTY

Member Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal Tagger Second Class Veteran First Class 5000 Hall Points
      LD Count
      30 or 40 maybe?
      Denver, C.O
      DJ Entries
      Dude! I tried this technique yesterday and the day before that and I manged to have two lucid dreams. Thank you!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast