• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views

Like Tree4Likes
    • 1 Post By jamesloo
    • 2 Post By Zelgius
    • 1 Post By Zelgius

Thread: My First Real Lucid After 3 Weeks Here

LD Count

My First Real Lucid After 3 Weeks Here

I had my very first real lucid dream last night with DILD after 3 weeks.

It was extremely vivid and extremely realistic, in fact, I couldn't tell I was actually dreaming right from the start.

I saw myself walking down a beach, blue sky, white sands and then suddenly, it dawned on me that I should do my reality check (which I have been conciously doing during waking hours over the past 3 weeks). I did a nose pinch and to my BIG surprise, I continued to breathe!!

I laughed out really loud and thought to myself, hey, this is what lucid dreaming is all about! I pinched my nose again and held it there while I breathed. I suddenly found myself in this house with pink walls. I then went around the house feeling the walls and admiring how real everything is even though its just a dream.

The entire time I found myself exploring the textures and smell of everything in the dream and surprised myself how everything looks so real.

The whole dream was long and vivid , about 30 mins or so before I awoke.

Truly amazing.

The thing is, the LD came when I least thought of it. I kinda gave up trying to do all kinds of deliberate induction techniques but just practise RC throughout my waking hours and it seems like it carried over to my dream as well.

Contrary to my previous thinking, LD do not rob you of well deserved sleep or rest by making your brain work overtime in a dream. I still feel rested just like any other nights.

Well, thats LD boot camp for me, just seeing how everything is so real in a dream. I will be trying more things in my next LD for sure.
      Last edited by jamesloo; 10-08-2010 at 01:24 AM.
      Tim_PL likes this.

Texas
      DJ Entries
      Congratulations on your lucid! I seem to do the same thing in my past lucids. I get so caught up in the beauty and realism of the dream that everything else seems trivial. When I think of what I'd like to do, I usually think "Oh I wanna fly or breathe fire or have telekenesis!" but in the dream, those things don't seem as cool as the details. In each good lucid I've had, there has always been something that seemed so beautiful it was better than anything in real life! Then when I want to get creative, I usually do something visually pleasing like last lucid where I made glass explode in slow motion.

As for the lucid being random to you, that's how it is with daily residue. I've been taking the MILD class here on Dreamviews, and I've already had success with it! What I really like is the ability to incubate dreams (choose what to dream about), so you can lucid nearly at will, and not have to have it thrust upon you. If I were you I'd look into the mild technique and actually give it a genuine try!

LD Count
      Thanks for the suggestion Zel! Will explore it. Really hate it when LDs are this random.

What mantra do you use Zel?
      Last edited by jamesloo; 10-08-2010 at 01:46 AM.
      DILD : 5

Texas
      DJ Entries
      PercyLucid (the MILD class teacher) suggested the mantra "I lucid dream" since it's short and conveys the message. He also said not to use mantras like "I will lucid dream" since it can put your subconscious in the state of mind of it expecting it to be a future quality to have, rather than the present-tense state-of-mind that "I lucid dream" has. I've had success with the mantra when I've completely concentrated solely on the mantra (took a few nights of practice). Concentrate on the images you see when you close your eyes (the random colors and stuff). When I first had a lucid from doing this, those images behind my eyelids seemed to take on strange dimensions but I'm not sure it was related, maybe it was actually something I dreamed?
      Last edited by Zelgius; 10-08-2010 at 02:00 AM. Reason: accidentally said WILD instead of MILD!
      TacoKing7 and menelvagor like this.

dreaming now!!! Achievements:
      Made Friends on DV 10000 Hall Points Veteran First Class
      LD Count
      Ohio, United States
      The WILD technique is the hardest but well worth learning but MILD and DILD and WBTB are just as important for having lucid dreams that why I think its best to perfect them all or atleast try at them all and then just stick with what you like and what works for you. I know the first lucid is an amazing experience! And you said about thinking you would be tired, remember your brain is more active when your in REM sleep than if you were running a marathon.
      LD Goals: [x]=succeed [-]=working on or almost
      sex[x] flying[x] meeting Justin Bieber[-] go to space[x] hallucinate[-] be an air bender with Aang[ ] become a transformer and be able to instantly change into an autobot[ ] fly to the moon[x] fight master chief[ ] Be an animal going to a people zoo[ ] Go to a theater in the 1920's and watch the premiere of a silent Charlie Chaplin film[ ] Meet Albert Hoffman and consume a huge dose of LSD with him[ ] Be rolling while DJing massive rave[-]

Texas
      DJ Entries
      WILD seems super hard and kind of risky in that you can spend so much time getting a WILD only to find that it may be a lower quality dream for you or something of the sort. I've never been successful in trying to WILD, couldn't even get to sleep paralysis!

And moongrass, I've been wanting to ask you this ever since I've seen your signature: Why do you want to meet Justin Bieber!?

LD Count
      Thanks Zel, will try your short and sharp Mantra!

Texas
      DJ Entries
      Credit goes to PercyLucid! It's his mantra that he taught the class!
      jamesloo likes this.

LD Count
      Ohio, United States
      I wouldn't say it like that, "risky" but when you perfect it it doesn't take that much time and I think its worth it. It does take a lot of time to learn and at first they might not be very good quality dreams but still I think worth it. And Im just a big fan and I want to hangout with him or even sing and dance with him.
      sex[x] flying[x] meeting Justin Bieber[-] go to space[x] hallucinate[-] be an air bender with Aang[ ] become a transformer and be able to instantly change into an autobot[ ] fly to the moon[x] fight master chief[ ] Be an animal going to a people zoo[ ] Go to a theater in the 1920's and watch the premiere of a silent Charlie Chaplin film[ ] Meet Albert Hoffman and consume a huge dose of LSD with him[ ] Be rolling while DJing massive rave[-]

Member Achievements:
      1000 Hall Points Veteran First Class

LD Count
      Stockholm
      Wow, 30 minutes? really? I wish my first lasted that long..mine only lasted a good 1 minute~

LD Count
      Ohio, United States
      my very first was about 30 seconds so yes I totaly agree, but know mine are lasting that long.

LD Count
      Illinois
      DJ Entries
      I don't know you at all but I'm very happy for you. I've been trying for two months with absolutely no success so it's nice to see that it is well worth the effort.

Mind sharing your daily routine? A struggling would-be LDer would be very appreciative.
      As children we believe anything is possible. As adults, we need to remember it.

LD Count
      Well, I just try to do my nose pinch RC whenever things happen around me that makes me ask myself "Are these real?". Otherwise my schedule isn't that different and I sleep about midnight to 8am each day. It really happened when I least thought about or researched about LDs.

LD Count
      Ohio, United States
      just keep working at it, its worth it, I promise!

LD Count
      My Lucid Dreaming is really on a roll. Had a string of 4 LDs tonight. 3 of which were really short as I struggled to stablize the dream. On the final time, I stablised the dream and for the first time, conjured a scenario and played it with perfect control all the way to the end before waking up voluntarily. Fantastic! All done with DILD.

It seems like once you get the hang of it and you are not sleeping totally exhausted, it is pretty easy to do.
      Last edited by jamesloo; 10-13-2010 at 01:35 AM.

LD Count
      Texas
      DJ Entries
      Congrats on the first LD.

LD Count
      Well, i agree with getting good rest, but does anyone else have that feeling when you wake up and your kind of half awake and kind of drag your self around. Well i noticed when i have a lucid dream, that when i wake up it was like i was really awake the whole time. but i can still easily get back to sleep
      Dream Goals:
      1.Have an induced LD.[X]
      2.Fly[X]
      3.Jump off a skyscraper[]
      4.Do a Kamehameha[X]
      5.Have a HUGE, EPIC battle with a lot of explosions with my best friend.[]