• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views

View Poll Results: FA or succeeded WILD?

Voters
    6. You may not vote on this poll
    • succeeded WILD

6 100.00%
    • FA

0 0%
      LD Count
      Over the rainbow.
      DJ Entries

Not sure if this was my first WILD or an FA?

Hi all. So a day ago (on the 19th) I woke up at around 3:50 a.m. because I had to use the restroom. I had gone to bed at around 10, and woken up at around 2:30 or so because of the restroom, but was too lazy to get up. So I eventually woke up at 3:50 a.m. Anyways, I RCed a couple of times, and got back into bed. I decided since I actually got up this time (for about 2-3 minutes) that I would try to WILD. It had been a couple of months since I tried, so I wanted to see if I could get a lucky first-time-in-a-while shot; so I layed on my back, covers up at my waist so I wouldn't get too hot, then closed my eyes.
      I didn't really follow a certain technique for this try at a WILD, I just used the basic guidelines. (ie. don't move at all, don't let your mind wander) What I did to keep my mind from wandering was to focus on a certain sound. That sound for me (at first) was the blood rushing in my right ear (I think that's what it was), that sounds like a high pitched noise that's barely hearable. But my mind started to wander, so I switched it to another sound, the sound of water dripping... apparently inside my toilet. (my bathroom is a few feet away from my bed) So I focused on that for a while, at least 5-7 mins, trying to keep my mind clear. When, suddenly, about 10-11 minutes into it or so, my body got hot. It got so hot. Like, "Omg get these covers off me!" I was so tempted to get them off; but I thought to myself, "You know, this could just be my body trying to see if I'm still awake." So I waited it out. Eventually, the heat died down to a relaxed warm feeling. Then came the itches. Oh, the itches... especially on my nose, those were the WORST. To keep my mind off of them, I switched from the sound in the bathroom to the sound in my ear, then back and forth, back and forth. By this time (about 15 or so minutes into it) I was fed up with the itching. Then I had this sudden urge to swallow. I thought to myself, "Can this get any worse?" Then I swallowed. But, it didn't hinder my WILD that much. A couple of minutes later, my body felt half numb. This sucks because, I think I transitioned, but I don't remember it! It was like I was laying there, then darkness, then all of a sudden, I felt my heart grow 5 sizes and it started pounding hard! I was "vibrating"! I knew that I was in SP now. I thought to myself, "Holyyy crap!!" That was the first time I had ever gotten SP. Buttt.. it felt kind of dream like. As soon as I started 'vibrating', the imaginary started coming! I saw at least 4 pictures flash across my eyes. My sister, a clip art image, a landscape, and something else that was blurry. I got so scared. I heard this weird sound in my ears that sounded like vibrating, but I wasn't sure. I immediately started shaking my head to get out of SP, then I broke out of it. Crap. This whole SP and imaginary process took around 5 seconds. Yea, it was pretty short.
      I sat up in my bed. I RCed just in case. Well waddya know, I was dreaming!!!!
      The sad thing is.. since I broke out of SP, I don't know if that was an FA (because I was in my room in the dream), or if I had succeeded in the WILD (even though I broke out of it) and I had already been in the dream at the start of those 5 seconds. What do you think?
      Also, the clarity and vividness wasn't as good as I had expected. I thought, that if you came into the dream at waking state, that it would be just like real life. It wasn't. It was like one of my DILDs almost.

So what do you think? An FA or did I succeed in the WILD? If you think it was one of those, will you tell me why?

P.S. At the end of my LD, I kind of lost some of my lucidity and I had somehow flown back into my dream bed. I couldn't control anything in the last couple of seconds in the dream; and I had "fallen asleep" in the bed, only to wake up in my real bed.

So sorry about making you read that whole wall of text, I'm just so excited about it.
      Follow your dreams.

DILD - 50 | DEILD - 3 | WILD - 1 | MILD - 1

Previous Goal: Air bend
      Main Goal: Find my Dream Guide

Spoiler for Goals:

Retired DG Achievements:
      Referrer Bronze Tagger First Class Made lots of Friends on DV Tagger Second Class Populated Wall Vivid Dream Journal 5000 Hall Points 25000 Hall Points
      LD Count
      Sweden
      DJ Entries
      Well, it sounds to me like you managed to WILD You don't have to be 100% sure you're dreaming when you're WILD'ing, and FA's are very common when you try to. Good job! Next time, tell yourself over and over that you're fine, no matter what you feel, hear or see.

Previous Lucid Task: Flying [X]
      Next Lucid Task: Telekinesis [ ]
      2012 - LD's: 17 | Dreams: 24 - Updated every now and then...
      Need help? Don't feel like asking a question in the forum? Send me a PM!

Finding the way... Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal Tagger First Class Made lots of Friends on DV Referrer Bronze 5000 Hall Points Veteran First Class
      England
      DJ Entries
      You can have a FA in a WILD? Same thing.

LD Count
      Stopped countin
      MA
      That sounded like a WILD to me.

LD Count
      Over the rainbow.
      DJ Entries
      Awesome. Thanks guys.
      Follow your dreams.

DILD - 50 | DEILD - 3 | WILD - 1 | MILD - 1

Previous Goal: Air bend
      Main Goal: Find my Dream Guide