• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Like Tree12Likes

Thread: The Comment Box

San Diego

The Comment Box

Welcome to the DVA Comment Box

Please address anything you have which may fall under the category of comments, questions, concerns, etc, and we will be sure to return to your post.

Thank you

louie54
      DVA Staff
      Last edited by louie54; 05-12-2010 at 08:31 AM.
      zebrah likes this.

MY Achievements:
      Referrer Bronze Created Dream Journal Made lots of Friends on DV Tagger Second Class 1000 Hall Points Veteran First Class
      LD Count
      5000+
      US
      DJ Entries
      This was posted by The Sir Gaga, and I also would like to know the answer to the question so I decided to post it here.

I have some questions
      Okay so, How do these classes work? Where do I go for them? The chat room? WHat if I miss a class? How is this all supposed to work??? Im really interested in this but its hard to get to a computer.
      - The Sir Gaga

Thanks.

-CV
      Having Trouble With Dream Control and Clarity? Reflex Stabilization Technique

San Diego
      Quote Originally Posted by ClearView View Post
      This was posted by The Sir Gaga, and I also would like to know the answer to the question so I decided to post it here.

- The Sir Gaga

Thanks.

-CV
      When you "sign-up" for a class on the DVA Homepage (http://www.dreamviews.com/community/...splay.php?f=81), you are signing up for a class that takes place about 1-2 times a week depending on the professors schedule. At this point, Meditation is the only class open and classes take place on Saturdays (see Meditation and Lucid Dreaming for more details).

The classroom is located in the IRC Chat, and there is a private room for those who are involved in the program. Sometimes the link to the Dream Views chat room is confusing and you may tend to only pull up chat statistics. So click on this link to be taken directly to the chat room: (http://webchat.dreamviews.com:9090/). You may need to enter your user name and password upon request which will be your normal Dream Views log in.

Since the room is private, I cannot hand out anymore information on this page. If you are signed up, please visit this page for more chat room information (a password is required to be entered in order to get into the class to avoid outsiders): http://www.dreamviews.com/community/...ad.php?t=96654

If you miss a class, that will really be up to the professor on what they will do. Waiving on Oceans (Meditation) is a nice guy so I'm sure he'll let you slide once or twice.
      ClearView and Mancon123 like this.

MY Achievements:
      Referrer Bronze Created Dream Journal Made lots of Friends on DV Tagger Second Class 1000 Hall Points Veteran First Class
      LD Count
      5000+
      US
      DJ Entries
      I'm not taking meditiation in lucid dreaming, but thanks for letting me know. I'm just checking once in a while if the times for classes of WILD, DILD, and dream control are changed from to be announced --> a specific time.

Thanks mate,
      -CV
      Having Trouble With Dream Control and Clarity? Reflex Stabilization Technique

LD Count
      Over 9,000
      I have a comment. I wanted to make a thread about it but I didn't know where exactly it'd be appropriate. Louie, you're above and beyond amazing. You answered a call to step up to a job many shied away from. I have an incredible amount of respect for you my friend. Staff, you all have done a great job as well. Continue to keep doing so.

LD Count
      100+
      USA
      DJ Entries
      I think adding a FAQ would be useful.

Old Dream Journal
      Competition Tasks: Fly, Telekinesis, Element Manipulation

San Diego
      We will consider it. Not sure what kinds of questions we will put in there at this point besides on where class will be.

Adversary Achievements:
      Tagger First Class Vivid Dream Journal Populated Wall Made lots of Friends on DV 5000 Hall Points Veteran First Class
      DJ Entries
      Would it be possible for us to edit our own workbooks? The option seems to be disabled after a couple of days.

I pick up a half-eaten copy of a book by Neil Gaiman, and decide this is all his fault.

San Diego
      I don't have the admin powers to get that taken care of. You can ask Naiya.

Member Achievements:
      Made lots of Friends on DV Referrer Bronze Veteran First Class 10000 Hall Points
      Quote Originally Posted by Samael View Post
      Would it be possible for us to edit our own workbooks? The option seems to be disabled after a couple of days.
      Quote Originally Posted by louie54 View Post
      I don't have the admin powers to get that taken care of. You can ask Naiya.
      Student Workbooks can be edited indefinitely now.
      Serenity, Samael and Mancon123 like this.

Just the Wind
      LD Count
      Thanks, Alex. I had been meaning to ask this myself.
      Last edited by Sylph; 05-24-2010 at 02:09 PM. Reason: typo

San Diego
      I will get started on that FAQ.

Edit: http://www.dreamviews.com/community/...ad.php?t=97524

Well... here you go We will be sure to keep it updated.
      Last edited by louie54; 05-26-2010 at 06:18 AM.
      Hidden and Mancon123 like this.

Dream Guardian Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal Made lots of Friends on DV Populated Wall Tagger First Class 5000 Hall Points Veteran First Class
      LD Count
      Hyrule
      DJ Entries

Wink

awesome, i get 2 send the first review I had Louie54 for DILD in the past and he the awesomest(and only ) professor i ever had.(I give him a 17 out of 10, oops, he broke the scale) I thought his classes were great and i hope he teaches again sometime. I learned a lot and almost arrested Zebrah lol(u had 2 be there, Louie stopped me though, oh well). I thought his classes taught a lot and was efficient. I hope the new classes go well and i would love to take some of the classes and i just looked and found i can sign up. see u guys there
      Friends are people you care about, no matter what.

Goals: Have a shared dream[ ], Meet Saria[?], Zelda[?], and Malon[ ] from Legend of Zelda, visit Hyrule[ ], find my Dream guide[ ], visit the Star Wars galaxy[ ], do a ToTM or ToTY[ ], befriend a dragon [ ], find/create my dream world[ ], forge/find a unique sword[ ], visit Gensokyo[ ]

DJ Entries
      I enjoyed Louie's class also linkster. Glad you liked it. And I hope you will enjoy my class.

Here is my review for louie54's first semester DILD class.

Teacher (10/10)
      Louie was almost always on time. He had reasons for not being there the one time he was late.

Material (9/10)
      I think the material was good but I would have liked to see more things written by Louie for homework/review.

overall (11/10)
      I had 3 DILDs while taking this class. I thought there wasn't much more I could learn but there is. I loved the atmosphere of the IRC class and Louie is a great teacher.
      Last edited by zebrah; 07-24-2010 at 05:39 PM.

DJ Entries
      Double post but here is a review of WavingOnOcean's Meditation and lucid dreaming class.

Teacher (5/10)
      Waving is a good guy. I liked it when he showed up to class. He had reasons why he was late/absent. Although after a while he made a post saying things were OK. He said he would PM class members to see who still wanted to learn. We never got that PM and I haven't seen him on DV since. IDK if he died or just left and I wish I knew.

Material (100/10)
      This class material was great a 10 doesn't do it justice. I found it very entertaining and interesting. And waving's person experience he told us about was very cool.

Overall (0/10)
      I can't really grade a class that didn't even finish the semester. This class would have been a sure 10 if waving had stuck with us.

San Diego
      Lol I'm flattered, really. I hope you guys enjoy the upcoming classes.
      Linkster17 likes this.

DJ Entries
      I'm beginning to hate this. I wanted to be adopted but the adoption program is phased out. Then I want to join a class but the only one I'm qualified for is full. This sucks
      (Since regaining interest in LDs)

DILD: 7

San Diego
      Thank you for bringing this up samf. We'll see what we can do

DJ Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by samf View Post
      I'm beginning to hate this. I wanted to be adopted but the adoption program is phased out. Then I want to join a class but the only one I'm qualified for is full. This sucks
      Might I ask what class? Also these semesters are going to be short and more are being added.

DJ Entries
      the DILD class. I suppose I could do the RC one but I don't really want to and since I'm starting University in September I don't know how available I will be for classes after summer.

DJ Entries
      The RC class starts in two days and ends before septemer. It is DILD through awareness and reality checking so I think you will get a lot out of it.

Dream Guardian Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal Made lots of Friends on DV Populated Wall Tagger First Class 5000 Hall Points Veteran First Class
      LD Count
      Hyrule
      DJ Entries
      np louie and i believe the new classes will go great. See u at class Professor Zebrah
      Friends are people you care about, no matter what.

Goals: Have a shared dream[ ], Meet Saria[?], Zelda[?], and Malon[ ] from Legend of Zelda, visit Hyrule[ ], find my Dream guide[ ], visit the Star Wars galaxy[ ], do a ToTM or ToTY[ ], befriend a dragon [ ], find/create my dream world[ ], forge/find a unique sword[ ], visit Gensokyo[ ]

DJ Entries
      I signed up for the RC class but how does it work? Am I guaranteed admittance or am I too late again because I think the class starts tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by samf View Post
      I signed up for the RC class but how does it work? Am I guaranteed admittance or am I too late again because I think the class starts tomorrow.
      Same here... i have signed up but it said that the professor will contact me.. how can i confirm that i am registered?

Also, the class timings are such that it falls on 6:30 to 7:30 am in the place where i live..
      suppose i miss a class(though i hope not to) ... will we get a transcript of the class?

DJ Entries
      You will be getting a PM this afternoon if you are accepted (which you should be)

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast