• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views




    Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Results 26 to 35 of 35
    Like Tree16Likes

    Thread: Recommend a workout routine

    1. #26
      Drowning in Dreams Achievements:
      Made lots of Friends on DV Vivid Dream Journal Veteran First Class 10000 Hall Points Created Dream Journal
      <span class='glow_8B0000'>Zhaylin</span>'s Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 2009
      LD Count
      c. 6 since join
      Gender
      Location
      Central West Virginia, USA
      Posts
      5,765
      Likes
      4699
      DJ Entries
      199
      I need to break down and have my gallbladder removed. I think it's one of the biggest reasons for my weight gain. For me, the beginning of an attack feels like INTENSE and painful hunger. So I've been eating much more than I should.
      I'll have to give yoga a try though. Thanks for the recommendation
      Darkmatters likes this.

    2. #27
      Diamonds And Rust Achievements:
      Veteran First Class Vivid Dream Journal Referrer Bronze Populated Wall 5000 Hall Points Made lots of Friends on DV Tagger First Class
      Darkmatters's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 2009
      Gender
      Location
      Center of the universe
      Posts
      6,951
      Likes
      5832
      DJ Entries
      172
      Quote Originally Posted by Zhaylin View Post
      I need to break down and have my gallbladder removed. I think it's one of the biggest reasons for my weight gain. For me, the beginning of an attack feels like INTENSE and painful hunger. So I've been eating much more than I should.
      I'll have to give yoga a try though. Thanks for the recommendation
      Talk to Seroquel. I'm sure you can work something out.

      Last edited by Darkmatters; 10-27-2011 at 07:21 PM.
      Zhaylin likes this.

    3. #28
      Kundalini Sage Skybridge's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2011
      Gender
      Posts
      35
      Likes
      15
      I'm with Reza21 on this one. Lifting weights and working hard with your body at the gym is the best. I lost 12 pounds in 3 weeks when I changed my diet (avoiding carbohydrates) and started doing a lot of cardio and machine pumping at the gym I go to the gym 3-4 times a week and run at least 4 miles on the days I'm not at the gym.

      At first I was indeed afraid of becoming bulky. But I didn't!
      Good luck to you!
      Zhaylin and SavaAir like this.

    4. #29
      Member
      Join Date
      Oct 2011
      Posts
      8
      Likes
      2
      Quote Originally Posted by Skybridge View Post
      I'm with Reza21 on this one. Lifting weights and working hard with your body at the gym is the best. I lost 12 pounds in 3 weeks when I changed my diet (avoiding carbohydrates) and started doing a lot of cardio and machine pumping at the gym I go to the gym 3-4 times a week and run at least 4 miles on the days I'm not at the gym.

      At first I was indeed afraid of becoming bulky. But I didn't!
      Good luck to you!
      Shit that's a lot of working out!

      I want to gain some muscles and such, but wouldn't know where to start though.
      Zhaylin and Milotic like this.

    5. #30
      Kundalini Sage Skybridge's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2011
      Gender
      Posts
      35
      Likes
      15
      Quote Originally Posted by SavaAir View Post
      Shit that's a lot of working out!

      I want to gain some muscles and such, but wouldn't know where to start though.
      What can I say Exercise becomes an addiction (in a good way though!)
      I would say that the diet is 60% of the work. If not more. It helps by going to the gym with a few friends that are also into working out. It motivates you a lot! Because it encourages you to be better. Join a gym and eat a lot of protein, like eggs for example. Protein is essential if you want to build muscles.
      Zhaylin likes this.

    6. #31
      Member
      Join Date
      Oct 2011
      Posts
      8
      Likes
      2
      Quote Originally Posted by Skybridge View Post
      What can I say Exercise becomes an addiction (in a good way though!)
      I would say that the diet is 60% of the work. If not more. It helps by going to the gym with a few friends that are also into working out. It motivates you a lot! Because it encourages you to be better. Join a gym and eat a lot of protein, like eggs for example. Protein is essential if you want to build muscles.
      Ah cool. I think I'll check into it.
      But I highly doubt I'll progress since I have no clue of what I'm doing. I'd have to get in contact with someone who does first.

    7. #32
      Lurker
      Join Date
      Dec 2011
      Gender
      Location
      USA
      Posts
      3
      Likes
      1
      Russian twist with med ball (4*15)
      Back extension (4*15)
      Chin-ups - wide grip (4*10)
      Bent-over barbell rows (4*10)
      Deadlift (4*10)
      Zhaylin likes this.

    8. #33
      Member Achievements:
      1000 Hall Points Veteran First Class
      tropicalbreeze's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 2012
      Gender
      Location
      everywhere
      Posts
      923
      Likes
      1354
      i change my workouts weekly but recommend this workout for anyone serious about martial arts and fitness. i like to keep a good fast pace during the duration of my workouts. you can also add a full body sauna suit or 20lb weight vest to make the workouts more challenging. a good sauna suit is expensive.

      3 days a week: 1 hour running in the afternoon. i like to mix it up by running sideways (right side foward), running sideways (left side foward), running backwards, and sprints. evenings: 30min shadowboxing, an hour on the heavy bag, an hour muay thai class, 30mins on the double-end bag.

      1 day a week: afternoon: 30 punches on each arm using a 1lb dumbell, then do the same with a 2lb dumbell, then 3lbs, 5lbs, 8lbs, 10lbs. then go back down the scale doing 30 punches on each arm with a 10lb dumbell, 8lbs, 5lbs, 3lbs, 2lbs, 1lbs, then 30 punches with no weights. thats 1 set. i do 12 sets, then another 12 sets in the evening.

      1 day a week: afternoon: 30min shadowkicking. then 100 sidekicks as high as you can on each leg, then do the same with a roundhouse, then front kick. evening: 2hrs running.

      1 day a week: weight training. i like to start with upper body, going from one upper body workout to another as quick as possible. then do the same for lower body.

      1 day a week: rest
      Last edited by tropicalbreeze; 02-18-2012 at 12:59 AM.
      Zhaylin and lbkali2710 like this.

    9. #34
      Banned
      Join Date
      Nov 2012
      Posts
      5
      Likes
      0
      If something is painful that is because of some acidity in the muscular being launched that i can't keep in mind the actual name. Consuming a lot of water allows cleanse it out quicker. But over operating can eliminate muscular and actually decrease it.

    10. #35
      Member lbkali2710's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 2013
      Posts
      14
      Likes
      13
      for cardio I swear by the elliptical, 20 minutes on that everyday is a great way to start, but you have to mix it up, sometimes I do an interval training on the elliptical
      ( I can't post a link but there are a lot of interval training programs on an elliptical out there)
      and sometimes when I'm lazy i just walk 15 to 30 minutes on it, as long as i do some sort of exercise im happy, and my moto is just stick to a short exercise and do it everyday instead of 2 or 3 hours at a gym a few times a week.
      jumping rope is great, when I'm having a busy day, 10 minutes of jumping rope is perfect, and sometimes when i just want to break my routine go out for a run and choose paths with a lot of STAIRS.
      now for bikini season im getting ready with beachbody Brazilian butt-lift workout, I dunno if its any good and the instructions are hard to follow, but my butt muscles hurt lol, so that's got to be a good sign.
      for sculpting and strength exercise I change that a lot, every couple of weeks and i completely change my workout, usually from magazines but in my years of being an obese teen and loosing and keeping off the weight the best thing for sculpting has been machine Pilates! pity the class near my area has been canceled but i highly recommend it.

    Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

    Similar Threads

    1. Tell me about your workout routine.
      By Tara in forum Ask/Tell Me About
      Replies: 2
      Last Post: 04-05-2011, 03:12 PM
    2. Workout before sleep?
      By afnan in forum Research
      Replies: 9
      Last Post: 01-24-2011, 04:22 AM
    3. Best workout for abdominals?
      By Jeff777 in forum Fitness and Health
      Replies: 12
      Last Post: 04-05-2010, 11:59 PM
    4. Workout Songs!
      By Car˘usoul in forum The Lounge
      Replies: 17
      Last Post: 11-05-2007, 07:13 PM
    5. Why Workout?
      By Liquid Skill in forum Extended Discussion
      Replies: 11
      Last Post: 07-21-2007, 03:57 AM

    Bookmarks

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •