• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views




    Results 1 to 9 of 9
    Like Tree1Likes
    • 1 Post By Nazi

    Thread: Will negative thoughts affect your lucid dreams badly?

    1. #1
      Member
      Join Date
      Sep 2012
      LD Count
      7
      Gender
      Posts
      54
      Likes
      22
      DJ Entries
      3

      Talking Will negative thoughts affect your lucid dreams badly?

      Hey guys!
      Here is my question. If you are in a lucid dream and you think somewhat negatively will bad things happen? Letís say you are in a creepy dark room, and you unconsciously think that there is someone scary stalking you; or that there is a monster or something behind you, will there be? I am honestly not afraid of something like this happening to me, in my second lucid dream I even conjured of monsters to fight, (though it was not very realistic.) I would just like to know whether or not if you expect bad things to happen if they actually will. Thanks everyone who replied to my previous threads, I appreciate it!

    2. #2
      Sleeping Scotsman.... HARRISANDERSON's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 2012
      LD Count
      ∞.....
      Gender
      Location
      Blairgowrie, Perthshire, Scotland
      Posts
      82
      Likes
      37
      DJ Entries
      3
      Yes, basically, if you believe that something bad will happen, it most likely will, as you control your own subconcious. It takes a bit of practice, but once you get the hang of dream control, you'll be able to decide what happens say, when you open a door.

      Consciousness: that annoying time between naps.


      Dreaming permits each and every one of us to be quietly and safely insane,
      every night of the week

    3. #3
      Waterbender Achievements:
      Made lots of Friends on DV Created Dream Journal Tagger Second Class Populated Wall 5000 Hall Points Veteran Second Class
      paigeyemps's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 2012
      LD Count
      Many
      Gender
      Location
      Ba Sing Se
      Posts
      3,229
      Likes
      2714
      DJ Entries
      34
      Sure, anything that crosses your mind can happen. Remember that your dreams are basically thoughts, so whatever thought you may have can manifest itself in your dream. But as what HARRISANDERSON said, you can get the hang of dream control and make scary dreams turn pleasant.
      If something goes wrong with your dream, just yell, "PLOT TWIST!" and move on.

      Maybe it's a dream and if I scream, it will burst at the seams.


      sigpic by kraom

    4. #4
      Member
      Join Date
      Sep 2012
      LD Count
      7
      Gender
      Posts
      54
      Likes
      22
      DJ Entries
      3
      Quote Originally Posted by HARRISANDERSON View Post
      Yes, basically, if you believe that something bad will happen, it most likely will, as you control your own subconcious. It takes a bit of practice, but once you get the hang of dream control, you'll be able to decide what happens say, when you open a door.
      Thanks for your reply HARRISANDERSON. Also, do you have complete dream control?
      HARRISANDERSON likes this.

    5. #5
      Member
      Join Date
      Sep 2012
      LD Count
      7
      Gender
      Posts
      54
      Likes
      22
      DJ Entries
      3
      Quote Originally Posted by paigeyemps View Post
      Sure, anything that crosses your mind can happen. Remember that your dreams are basically thoughts, so whatever thought you may have can manifest itself in your dream. But as what HARRISANDERSON said, you can get the hang of dream control and make scary dreams turn pleasant.
      Haha, okay great! Thanks!
      Since I dream of snakes a lot, I bet the first thing that will come to my mind when I have a lucid dream is a huge anaconda... I just hope it will be friendly.

    6. #6
      Waterbender Achievements:
      Made lots of Friends on DV Created Dream Journal Tagger Second Class Populated Wall 5000 Hall Points Veteran Second Class
      paigeyemps's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 2012
      LD Count
      Many
      Gender
      Location
      Ba Sing Se
      Posts
      3,229
      Likes
      2714
      DJ Entries
      34
      Quote Originally Posted by Nazi View Post
      Haha, okay great! Thanks!
      Since I dream of snakes a lot, I bet the first thing that will come to my mind when I have a lucid dream is a huge anaconda... I just hope it will be friendly.
      NO WAY! Snakes are one of my prominent dream signs. They pop up a lot in my dreams too, and the really big and shiny ones. They're really creepy, but over time I learned to convince myself they're not real (not in my dream anyway) hehe. I use some autosuggestion before bed too, something like "the snakes wont hurt me", etc.
      If something goes wrong with your dream, just yell, "PLOT TWIST!" and move on.

      Maybe it's a dream and if I scream, it will burst at the seams.


      sigpic by kraom

    7. #7
      Member
      Join Date
      Sep 2012
      LD Count
      7
      Gender
      Posts
      54
      Likes
      22
      DJ Entries
      3
      Quote Originally Posted by paigeyemps View Post
      NO WAY! Snakes are one of my prominent dream signs. They pop up a lot in my dreams too, and the really big and shiny ones. They're really creepy, but over time I learned to convince myself they're not real (not in my dream anyway) hehe. I use some autosuggestion before bed too, something like "the snakes wont hurt me", etc.
      Hehe, I'm trying to use snakes as a dream sign so I can get lucid too, it actually worked for my first LD...
      I got to try the "snakes won't hurt me" thing, I remember I got bitten by a big old python a while back in one of my dreams.

    8. #8
      Sleeping Scotsman.... HARRISANDERSON's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 2012
      LD Count
      ∞.....
      Gender
      Location
      Blairgowrie, Perthshire, Scotland
      Posts
      82
      Likes
      37
      DJ Entries
      3
      Quote Originally Posted by Nazi View Post
      Thanks for your reply HARRISANDERSON. Also, do you have complete dream control?
      As soon as I become lucid, I can usually exert a reasonable amount of control over the dreamscape, but this varies from dream to dream.
      I try to push the limits further each time

      Consciousness: that annoying time between naps.


      Dreaming permits each and every one of us to be quietly and safely insane,
      every night of the week

    9. #9
      Member
      Join Date
      Sep 2012
      LD Count
      7
      Gender
      Posts
      54
      Likes
      22
      DJ Entries
      3
      Quote Originally Posted by HARRISANDERSON View Post
      As soon as I become lucid, I can usually exert a reasonable amount of control over the dreamscape, but this varies from dream to dream.
      I try to push the limits further each time
      That's awesome! I bet soon your going to have almost complete control over your dreams if you keep pushing the limits.

    Similar Threads

    1. negative lucid dreams and the dream police
      By johnny5alive in forum Beyond Dreaming
      Replies: 42
      Last Post: 07-22-2018, 09:56 PM
    2. Negative Affect of Lucid Dreaming
      By Nirvana in forum General Lucid Discussion
      Replies: 10
      Last Post: 01-19-2012, 07:30 PM
    3. Negative thoughts are affecting my LDs
      By ElMareci in forum Dream Control
      Replies: 2
      Last Post: 06-20-2011, 07:06 PM
    4. How negative should our thoughts be?
      By Arra in forum Extended Discussion
      Replies: 46
      Last Post: 04-01-2011, 10:02 PM
    5. Thoughts Affect Water
      By SirEskimooo in forum Beyond Dreaming
      Replies: 52
      Last Post: 03-21-2007, 05:40 PM

    Tags for this Thread

    Bookmarks

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •