• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views




    Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Results 1 to 25 of 52
    Like Tree12Likes

    Thread: Pastelpeach's Workbook

    1. #1
      Member Achievements:
      1000 Hall Points Vivid Dream Journal Veteran Second Class
      Pastelpeach's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2012
      LD Count
      14
      Gender
      Location
      California
      Posts
      61
      Likes
      20
      DJ Entries
      110

      Pastelpeach's Workbook

      Hi, I've always find dreams fascinating so I started to record them down using dreamjournal.net! I dream everyday now so I type them all down. I've known about lucid dreaming for a while and started using WILD because that was the first method I learned about. I've only ever got as far as sleep paralysis, twice. I found out from dreamviews that a beginner should start with MILD so I tried that and got my first lucid dream six days later

      Lesson I:
      My Reality Checks:
      1. Finger through palm
      2. Pinching my nose

      EC. My Dream Signs:
      1. Arcade
      2. Mall
      3. Roller Coasters

      Lesson II:
      I'm currently using MILD, and my mantra is "A dream character will ask me if I am dreaming and I will do RCs in my dream." but the first time I had a lucid using MILD I just did RCs, no one asked me if I'm dreaming. I've only had one lucid dream so far, it's kind of disappointing so maybe I should change up my mantra.

      When I do dream recalls every morning, I remember different places with different plots, but I see them all as one dream. I don't really know how to tell if I'm having separate dreams or just appearing in different places.

      Lesson III
      I think I'll stick with MILD, but I'm changing my mantra to "I am dreaming." ( Thanks to melanieb's suggestion ) I'm also going to start visualizing to see if it helps.
      Last edited by Pastelpeach; 07-23-2012 at 06:05 AM.

    2. #2
      Banned
      Join Date
      Feb 2012
      LD Count
      Counts fingers
      Gender
      Location
      Austin
      Posts
      4,118
      Likes
      4858
      DJ Entries
      111
      Welcome to the forum!

      MILD is indeed a good technique.

      I might suggest shortening your mantra to something simpler, something basic that will carry over for you. "I am dreaming" is a good one. Short and simple and in the present tense. Keeping mantras in the present tense seems to work better for most people.

      As long as the mantra works for you all is well.

      Work on dream signs and recall. I might suggest reading over the stabilization tutorial as well. Dream Stabilization and Clarity Tutorial - Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views


      Use this workbook daily. It really helps!

      Pleasant dreams!
      paigeyemps likes this.

    3. #3
      Member Achievements:
      1000 Hall Points Vivid Dream Journal Veteran Second Class
      Pastelpeach's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2012
      LD Count
      14
      Gender
      Location
      California
      Posts
      61
      Likes
      20
      DJ Entries
      110
      Quote Originally Posted by melanieb View Post
      Welcome to the forum!

      MILD is indeed a good technique.

      I might suggest shortening your mantra to something simpler, something basic that will carry over for you. "I am dreaming" is a good one. Short and simple and in the present tense. Keeping mantras in the present tense seems to work better for most people.

      As long as the mantra works for you all is well.

      Work on dream signs and recall. I might suggest reading over the stabilization tutorial as well. Dream Stabilization and Clarity Tutorial - Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views


      Use this workbook daily. It really helps!

      Pleasant dreams!
      Thanks for the suggestions!

    4. #4
      Waterbender Achievements:
      Made lots of Friends on DV Created Dream Journal Tagger Second Class Populated Wall 5000 Hall Points Veteran Second Class
      paigeyemps's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 2012
      LD Count
      Many
      Gender
      Location
      Ba Sing Se
      Posts
      3,229
      Likes
      2714
      DJ Entries
      34
      Hey there! Welcome to the class!

      Well, melanieb has said it all I guess. Good luck! And don't hesitate to ask questions or anything!
      If something goes wrong with your dream, just yell, "PLOT TWIST!" and move on.

      Maybe it's a dream and if I scream, it will burst at the seams.


      sigpic by kraom

    5. #5
      Member Achievements:
      1000 Hall Points Vivid Dream Journal Veteran Second Class
      Pastelpeach's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2012
      LD Count
      14
      Gender
      Location
      California
      Posts
      61
      Likes
      20
      DJ Entries
      110
      Quote Originally Posted by paigeyemps View Post
      Hey there! Welcome to the class!

      Well, melanieb has said it all I guess. Good luck! And don't hesitate to ask questions or anything!
      Thank you!

    6. #6
      Member Achievements:
      1 year registered Veteran First Class Made lots of Friends on DV 1000 Hall Points Stickie King Vivid Dream Journal Populated Wall 50000 Hall Points
      OpheliaBlue's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 2004
      Location
      Aisle NEIN
      Posts
      13,310
      Likes
      13721
      DJ Entries
      224
      Welcome to the Intro Class Pastelpeach!

      Good job on the workbook, and on having one lucid so far. I look forward to reading about many more

    7. #7
      Member Achievements:
      1000 Hall Points Vivid Dream Journal Veteran Second Class
      Pastelpeach's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2012
      LD Count
      14
      Gender
      Location
      California
      Posts
      61
      Likes
      20
      DJ Entries
      110
      Alright, so I added another dream in my DJ, it was non-lucid. I ate a banana last night about an hour before going to sleep, I'm not really sure if it helped or not. I also found this thread about Subliminal Audio, http://www.dreamviews.com/f44/audio-...ository-55276/ and decided to try that out. Sad to say, I didn't have one single lucid moment last night. These few nights, I've been waking up a lot and that goes for last night too. I woke up 2 times last night feeling like I'm in a dream, because things were fuzzy and my body was heavy but RCs proved me wrong. I woke up 7 hrs later and surprisingly don't mind getting out of bed, but I realized that I should probably be in REM right now and decided to go back to sleep. After that, I had my dream. I'm gonna continue to try the audio, but this time I'll listen to all four of them instead of just one.
      Last edited by Pastelpeach; 07-23-2012 at 11:53 PM.

    8. #8
      Member SirCronus's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2012
      Gender
      Location
      Las Vegas
      Posts
      19
      Likes
      6
      DJ Entries
      6
      already having lucids! nice xD i've been doing the banana thing a lot to lol. I havn't found it helping, but then again i'm sure it doesn't hurt haha. Good luck , and wish you the best with your LDs!

    9. #9
      Member Achievements:
      1000 Hall Points Vivid Dream Journal Veteran Second Class
      Pastelpeach's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2012
      LD Count
      14
      Gender
      Location
      California
      Posts
      61
      Likes
      20
      DJ Entries
      110
      Quote Originally Posted by SirCronus View Post
      already having lucids! nice xD i've been doing the banana thing a lot to lol. I havn't found it helping, but then again i'm sure it doesn't hurt haha. Good luck , and wish you the best with your LDs!
      Thanks! I pretty much forgot to do the banana thing after the first try... Maybe it will work after a while since we're not used to it yet! I wish you the best too, have fun on your first LD!

    10. #10
      Member Achievements:
      1000 Hall Points Vivid Dream Journal Veteran Second Class
      Pastelpeach's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2012
      LD Count
      14
      Gender
      Location
      California
      Posts
      61
      Likes
      20
      DJ Entries
      110
      I can't believe I missed another DVA chat... the power was out yesterday
      I had a harder time falling asleep last night than usual. I wake up a lot too. I think my mantra's not working out, maybe I should change it to "I will lucid dream", that's what I used when I got my first LD.
      I added in 2 more entries to my DJ, both are non-lucid. I had a total of four dreams last night, one is private and I couldn't recall the first one. While doing WILD last night, I visualized hanging out with my best friend but one of my dream was me ignoring her, what. I think I found one more dream sign, public bathrooms, but I'm not too sure since it started recently.
      melanieb likes this.

    11. #11
      Member Achievements:
      1 year registered Veteran First Class Made lots of Friends on DV 1000 Hall Points Stickie King Vivid Dream Journal Populated Wall 50000 Hall Points
      OpheliaBlue's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 2004
      Location
      Aisle NEIN
      Posts
      13,310
      Likes
      13721
      DJ Entries
      224
      That's ok if you missed yesterday's chat. We always log them if you want to read over them: http://www.dreamviews.com/f151/chat-...ml#post1920546

      Also, the chat from the day before covered mantras vs auto-suggestion if you're interested. RareCola was especially helpful at defining the two terms, as well as differentiating between them: http://www.dreamviews.com/f151/chat-...ml#post1920132
      melanieb and Pastelpeach like this.

    12. #12
      Member Achievements:
      1000 Hall Points Vivid Dream Journal Veteran Second Class
      Pastelpeach's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2012
      LD Count
      14
      Gender
      Location
      California
      Posts
      61
      Likes
      20
      DJ Entries
      110
      I had a non-lucid dream about an arcade last night. It's one of my dream signs, so I should have been aware and do RCs but I have no clue how to remember that as a dream sign if I'm not even lucid... This is frustrating

    13. #13
      Member SirCronus's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2012
      Gender
      Location
      Las Vegas
      Posts
      19
      Likes
      6
      DJ Entries
      6
      Well if you go to the arcade often, i'd say to RC then but if you don't go there often i'm sure you can opt in with RCing when you think about the arcade? I can get how hard it is to RC when you aren't physically seeing it. I almost had a lucid last night. when i was dreaming i was seeing the dead comedian Mitch Hedburg in concert. I should've realized that he was dead but my dream character told me he wasn't -___- i'm soo gullible xD

    14. #14
      Melting Rainbows Achievements:
      Made lots of Friends on DV Created Dream Journal Tagger First Class 1000 Hall Points Referrer Bronze Veteran Second Class
      RareCola's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 2012
      LD Count
      24
      Gender
      Location
      United Kingdom
      Posts
      522
      Likes
      690
      DJ Entries
      18
      Quote Originally Posted by Pastelpeach View Post
      I had a non-lucid dream about an arcade last night. It's one of my dream signs, so I should have been aware and do RCs but I have no clue how to remember that as a dream sign if I'm not even lucid... This is frustrating
      I've found dream signs can be iffy things, general awareness has always seemed to work out better for me. If you're aware then dream signs aren't an issue, and you generally don't even need to focus on them to realise them when you're in a dream. Have you checked out the awareness tutorials in the Links & Resources thread in this board?
      Check out my DreamViews Podcast with OpheliaBlue!

      The best reason for having dreams is that in dreams no reasons are necessary.

      No sailor controls the sea. Only a foolish sailor would say such a thing. Similarly, no lucid dreamer controls the dream.
      Like a sailor on the sea, we lucid dreamers direct our perceptual awareness within the larger state of dreaming.

    15. #15
      Member Achievements:
      1000 Hall Points Vivid Dream Journal Veteran Second Class
      Pastelpeach's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2012
      LD Count
      14
      Gender
      Location
      California
      Posts
      61
      Likes
      20
      DJ Entries
      110
      Quote Originally Posted by SirCronus View Post
      Well if you go to the arcade often, i'd say to RC then but if you don't go there often i'm sure you can opt in with RCing when you think about the arcade? I can get how hard it is to RC when you aren't physically seeing it. I almost had a lucid last night. when i was dreaming i was seeing the dead comedian Mitch Hedburg in concert. I should've realized that he was dead but my dream character told me he wasn't -___- i'm soo gullible xD
      I rarely go to the arcade so that's a problem haha Awww, good luck on your next one!

    16. #16
      Member Achievements:
      1000 Hall Points Vivid Dream Journal Veteran Second Class
      Pastelpeach's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2012
      LD Count
      14
      Gender
      Location
      California
      Posts
      61
      Likes
      20
      DJ Entries
      110
      Quote Originally Posted by RareCola View Post
      I've found dream signs can be iffy things, general awareness has always seemed to work out better for me. If you're aware then dream signs aren't an issue, and you generally don't even need to focus on them to realise them when you're in a dream. Have you checked out the awareness tutorials in the Links & Resources thread in this board?
      I've read some tutorials, I just need to start acting on them. Thanks!

    17. #17
      Member Achievements:
      1000 Hall Points Vivid Dream Journal Veteran Second Class
      Pastelpeach's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2012
      LD Count
      14
      Gender
      Location
      California
      Posts
      61
      Likes
      20
      DJ Entries
      110
      I've had my 2nd LD this morning! It was really brief, even shorter than my first one but still! This time, I didn't do RCs, cause I had a strong feeling that it is a dream but I did do the 5 senses activity to stabilize myself, everything was vivid. A moment later, I observed my left hand and thought to myself that I probably don't need to do that yet since nothing was fuzzy or fading out. As soon as I'm done with my hand, it went black and I woke up. I had 4 dream recalls, the most I've ever had Pretty good dreams too haha I went to bed right after the soundtrack at 1AM, focused on my breathing to relax myself and then fell asleep without saying my mantra... I woke up 4 hours later and went back to sleep. An hour later, I had my first non-LD. An hour later, I had my LD. I said my mantra "I'm going to lucid dream" and had 2 more non-LDs. I told my friends about LD yesterday so maybe that helped me get lucid? I also read about dream yoga before I went to bed.
      Last edited by Pastelpeach; 07-28-2012 at 07:13 AM.
      SirCronus likes this.

    18. #18
      Member SirCronus's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2012
      Gender
      Location
      Las Vegas
      Posts
      19
      Likes
      6
      DJ Entries
      6
      Quote Originally Posted by Pastelpeach View Post
      I've had my 2nd LD this morning! It was really brief, even shorter than my first one but still! This time, I didn't do RCs, cause I had a strong feeling that it is a dream but I did do the 5 senses activity to stabilize myself, everything was vivid. A moment later, I observed my left hand and thought to myself that I probably don't need to do that yet since nothing was fuzzy or fading out. As soon as I'm done with my hand, it went black and I woke up. I had 4 dream recalls, the most I've ever had Pretty good dreams too haha I went to bed right after the soundtrack at 1AM, focused on my breathing to relax myself and then fell asleep without saying my mantra... I woke up 4 hours later and went back to sleep. An hour later, I had my first non-LD. An hour later, I had my LD. I said my mantra "I'm going to lucid dream" and had 2 more non-LDs. I told my friends about LD yesterday so maybe that helped me get lucid?
      Sounds like you had a lot of dreams!

    19. #19
      Member Achievements:
      1000 Hall Points Vivid Dream Journal Veteran Second Class
      Pastelpeach's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2012
      LD Count
      14
      Gender
      Location
      California
      Posts
      61
      Likes
      20
      DJ Entries
      110
      Quote Originally Posted by SirCronus View Post
      Sounds like you had a lot of dreams!

      Yup, I didn't know I had the last two dreams till I really thought about it
      You will get a lot too, soon!
      SirCronus likes this.

    20. #20
      Member Achievements:
      1000 Hall Points Vivid Dream Journal Veteran Second Class
      Pastelpeach's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2012
      LD Count
      14
      Gender
      Location
      California
      Posts
      61
      Likes
      20
      DJ Entries
      110
      I updated my DJ. I can recall 4 dreams this morning, all non-LD. I woke up thinking I didn't dream at all. I laid there and snippets of them came back to me, it's amazing!

    21. #21
      Melting Rainbows Achievements:
      Made lots of Friends on DV Created Dream Journal Tagger First Class 1000 Hall Points Referrer Bronze Veteran Second Class
      RareCola's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 2012
      LD Count
      24
      Gender
      Location
      United Kingdom
      Posts
      522
      Likes
      690
      DJ Entries
      18
      Quote Originally Posted by Pastelpeach View Post
      I updated my DJ. I can recall 4 dreams this morning, all non-LD. I woke up thinking I didn't dream at all. I laid there and snippets of them came back to me, it's amazing!
      Ah I love when that happens. I find sometimes I'll recall one dream and as I'm writing that down more and more suddenly come to me. I end up having to make notes for all the other dreams as I'm writing or I'll forget them!
      Pastelpeach likes this.
      Check out my DreamViews Podcast with OpheliaBlue!

      The best reason for having dreams is that in dreams no reasons are necessary.

      No sailor controls the sea. Only a foolish sailor would say such a thing. Similarly, no lucid dreamer controls the dream.
      Like a sailor on the sea, we lucid dreamers direct our perceptual awareness within the larger state of dreaming.

    22. #22
      Member Achievements:
      1000 Hall Points Vivid Dream Journal Veteran Second Class
      Pastelpeach's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2012
      LD Count
      14
      Gender
      Location
      California
      Posts
      61
      Likes
      20
      DJ Entries
      110
      I'm very sure I had 3 dreams last night but I can only recall two of them in the morning after almost giving up. I was so sleepy that I just rolled to my side and went back to sleep the two times I woke up. I'm not really sure if I really had 2 dreams, or just 1... cause they are related. Now the one dream that I can't remember will bother me the rest of the day :/

    23. #23
      Waterbender Achievements:
      Made lots of Friends on DV Created Dream Journal Tagger Second Class Populated Wall 5000 Hall Points Veteran Second Class
      paigeyemps's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 2012
      LD Count
      Many
      Gender
      Location
      Ba Sing Se
      Posts
      3,229
      Likes
      2714
      DJ Entries
      34
      Quote Originally Posted by Pastelpeach View Post
      Now the one dream that I can't remember will bother me the rest of the day :/

      Hahaha I hate those!! Hopefully with more practice, dream recall will come fairly easy already. When I try to recall dreams, what I do is I try to go through each one of my dream signs. For example: Beach -- was there a beach in my dream? Running -- do I remember running?

      Then if I remember a bit of fragment, I try to connect them with one another.

      I find it's a lot easier than just laying there and trying to remember dreams out of nothing. Good luck!
      If something goes wrong with your dream, just yell, "PLOT TWIST!" and move on.

      Maybe it's a dream and if I scream, it will burst at the seams.


      sigpic by kraom

    24. #24
      Member Achievements:
      1000 Hall Points Vivid Dream Journal Veteran Second Class
      Pastelpeach's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2012
      LD Count
      14
      Gender
      Location
      California
      Posts
      61
      Likes
      20
      DJ Entries
      110
      Quote Originally Posted by paigeyemps View Post
      Hahaha I hate those!! Hopefully with more practice, dream recall will come fairly easy already. When I try to recall dreams, what I do is I try to go through each one of my dream signs. For example: Beach -- was there a beach in my dream? Running -- do I remember running?

      Then if I remember a bit of fragment, I try to connect them with one another.

      I find it's a lot easier than just laying there and trying to remember dreams out of nothing. Good luck!
      Yes, yes! I hope I'll get better at it
      I think I'll start doing that now, thanks! This morning, school just popped up (not a dream sign... yet) and I remembered a scene, then my dream!
      Thank you!

    25. #25
      Member Achievements:
      1000 Hall Points Vivid Dream Journal Veteran Second Class
      Pastelpeach's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2012
      LD Count
      14
      Gender
      Location
      California
      Posts
      61
      Likes
      20
      DJ Entries
      110
      I think my recalls are getting worse... Before, I can just write down dreams without trouble, now I have to dig around just to find fragments. I couldn't recall anything this morning except for needing to drive my friend home and (I think) getting lucid but lost it. I couldn't even remember if I was really lucid or I was just dreaming about being lucid. I tried to pinch my nose, but even before I'm done with that, I tried to push my finger through, then blackness.

    Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. DJ's workbook
      By djpatch999 in forum General Lucid Dreaming
      Replies: 113
      Last Post: 08-05-2013, 08:07 AM
    2. Jay's Workbook
      By SilverJay in forum General Lucid Dreaming
      Replies: 22
      Last Post: 12-23-2012, 10:58 AM
    3. wyz's workbook
      By wyz00888 in forum Dream Yoga
      Replies: 11
      Last Post: 07-28-2012, 06:48 AM
    4. DJ's workbook
      By djpatch999 in forum Meditation (ShockWave)
      Replies: 2
      Last Post: 10-02-2011, 09:48 PM

    Tags for this Thread

    Bookmarks

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •