• 1 Post By Hilary
    • 1 Post By DarkestDarkness
    • 1 Post By Hilary
    • 2 Post By CloudOFmichael
    • 1 Post By DarkestDarkness
    • 1 Post By Hilary

Thread: Lucid Dreaming Vision Board

Dreamer Achievements:
      Referrer Bronze Veteran First Class Made Friends on DV Vivid Dream Journal 1000 Hall Points
      Zone 10b
      DJ Entries

Lucid Dreaming Vision Board

I've been thinking lately of making a lucid dreaming vision board, and practicing with affirmations (think law of attraction), similar to mantras. Anyone else do this before, or would like to share a picture of their LD vision board? I will post mine when I finish it

Dream Guide Achievements:
      Tagger First Class Vivid Dream Journal Made lots of Friends on DV 5000 Hall Points Veteran Second Class
      DJ Entries
      Hm, I'm not sure if it's the same thing, but I tried making something like this once; I made a digital drawing of a frame, kind of, then printed it and I would write/draw within certain areas of that frame on the printed paper version. Unfortunately I did not commit myself to it and it's not an idea I've returned to yet. Do let us see what your finished board looks like, it would be nice to see your idea and how you went about it.

Mine is around somewhere, but I'll have to find it... It was nothing special at all though; I only put in a small amount of time into the frame idea so it was very... basic-looking. I can post it if I do find it again, anyway.
      Hilary likes this.
      Check out the Tasks of the Season - Autumn 2022
      Suggest new tasks

Singled out from some of my favourite quotes from Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri: "Risks of [Planet] flowering: considerable. But rewards of godhood: who can measure? - Usurper Judaa'Maar: Courage: to question."

Dreamer Achievements:
      Referrer Bronze Veteran First Class Made Friends on DV Vivid Dream Journal 1000 Hall Points
      Zone 10b
      DJ Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by DarkestDarkness View Post
      Hm, I'm not sure if it's the same thing, but I tried making something like this once; I made a digital drawing of a frame, kind of, then printed it and I would write/draw within certain areas of that frame on the printed paper version. Unfortunately I did not commit myself to it and it's not an idea I've returned to yet. Do let us see what your finished board looks like, it would be nice to see your idea and how you went about it.

Mine is around somewhere, but I'll have to find it... It was nothing special at all though; I only put in a small amount of time into the frame idea so it was very... basic-looking. I can post it if I do find it again, anyway.
      Yeah I'd love to see that. I'm thinking I will print out and cut/paste images related to lucid dreaming on a posterboard for starters. A spinning top, a 6 fingered hand, anything that makes me think of LDing. Then, after that's done, I might go in the areas between the pictures and write related words "intention" .. "awareness" etc. Maybe artwork, too. It should be a fun project I think. When I'm done, I'll hang it near my bed.
      DarkestDarkness likes this.

Tagger First Class Vivid Dream Journal Made lots of Friends on DV 5000 Hall Points Veteran Second Class
      DJ Entries
      When I'm done, I'll hang it near my bed.
      That was the idea I had when I first made mine too. Unfortunately I never did manage to do it for practical reasons. I just couldn't get it to sit or hang somewhere that was both convenient and out of the way...

Oddly enough, I have painted a reality check on canvas, and did manage to find a practical location for it in the bedroom, where it was for a long time (temporarily moved off); I had it visible right across from bed, but even so, not once have I dreamt about that painting. I have no idea why, honestly, apart from the fact that anything I consciously make efforts to dream about are things I rarely do dream about.

A lot of important subjects for me, even ones I do develop both negative and positive emotions about, rarely come up in dreams at all. I just haven't figured it out yet I guess.

And I like your description of your project, sounds like you'll really get into it, which should be great and hopefully give you something quite nice to use and have around in the end. Form and function.
      monsa199a and Hilary like this.
      Suggest new tasks

Singled out from some of my favourite quotes from Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri: "Risks of [Planet] flowering: considerable. But rewards of godhood: who can measure? - Usurper Judaa'Maar: Courage: to question."

Member Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal 1000 Hall Points Veteran First Class Tagger First Class Made lots of Friends on DV
      DJ Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by MoonageDaydream View Post
      I've been thinking lately of making a lucid dreaming vision board, and practicing with affirmations (think law of attraction), similar to mantras. Anyone else do this before, or would like to share a picture of their LD vision board? I will post mine when I finish it
      Muy Bien! another great idea!
      Hilary likes this.

DJ Entries
      Hey MoonageDaydream, I was wondering if you had made some progress on this project/idea?
      Hilary likes this.
      Suggest new tasks

Dreamer Achievements:
      Zone 10b
      DJ Entries
      Hey MoonageDaydream, I was wondering if you had made some progress on this project/idea?
      You've been catching my thoughts...

I had dropped this project (not wanting to brave Wal Mart to get the poster board...) until this afternoon, just a couple hours ago.

So I started collecting pictures of dream symbols that were intensely vivid and lovely in my dreams, as well as other lucidity-related images. Furthermore, I started drawing/coloring with pastels images of dream symbols. I am going to add these to the vision board when I'm done.

Wow. What timing you have

DJ Entries
      Good to hear that! I am having a bit of downtime from my typical artistic endeavours, so maybe I should give this a second go myself, with a fresh start since I can't even find my old attempt.

I think I'll be having a look at making something through the middle of this week. I'll report back with some images when I get it going.

And yes... For whatever reason I tend to become well known amongst certain people for my insanely peculiar timings.
      Hilary likes this.
      Suggest new tasks

Dreamer Achievements:
      Zone 10b
      DJ Entries
      Good to hear that! I am having a bit of downtime from my typical artistic endeavours, so maybe I should give this a second go myself, with a fresh start since I can't even find my old attempt.

I think I'll be having a look at making something through the middle of this week. I'll report back with some images when I get it going.

And yes... For whatever reason I tend to become well known amongst certain people for my insanely peculiar timings.
      Awesome, can't wait to see yours. I'm sure it will be amazing, at least compared to mine. I am not skilled with visual arts, but I am having fun...

Dreamer Achievements:
      Zone 10b
      DJ Entries
      Okay. It's done. Don't make fun of it. Yes, it looks like something a kid made. But, you know, it was fun.

I drew and colored dream signs that stood out to me. I plan on adding to it over time, and just tacking them up there. I put it up on the wall by my bed, so I will look at it automatically as I go to sleep.

Vision Board LDing2.jpgChill2.jpg
      Sageous and DarkestDarkness like this.

DJ Entries
      It's looking good! Mine isn't even in progress yet, it's been a tiring week and I just haven't had the energy to commit myself to it.

I like how you cut each sign out individually like that and composed them together on a larger piece of paper, it makes the whole thing seem quite big (feet make good scale reference here ), and it's something I hadn't considered before when thinking about what I want to do. Hopefully I'll be able to show something soon enough too.
      Suggest new tasks

Dreamer Achievements:
      Zone 10b
      DJ Entries
      It's looking good! Mine isn't even in progress yet, it's been a tiring week and I just haven't had the energy to commit myself to it.

I like how you cut each sign out individually like that and composed them together on a larger piece of paper, it makes the whole thing seem quite big (feet make good scale reference here ), and it's something I hadn't considered before when thinking about what I want to do. Hopefully I'll be able to show something soon enough too.
      Thanks. I messed up a few because I had made some of them larger pictures, then tried to cut out the symbols when I changed my mind, and somewhat destroyed them in the process. Oh well!

I'm wearing socks because I'm practicing the HOOF method. I had never heard of this method before. My result on the first night of trying? Very unrestful dream about one foot being colder than the other - and no lucids. I'm gonna take that as going in the right direction.

Looking forward to seeing your vision board.

DJ Entries
      I have not made a vision board yet but have been having passing visual thoughts on what I want to include in it.

Though after my latest dream's experience I felt compelled tonight to make a very short reminder list with visual aids of what I should try really try to focus on doing when lucidity does occur. Would it be ok/worth sharing that here too in the meantime?
      Suggest new tasks

Dreamer Achievements:
      Zone 10b
      DJ Entries
      I have not made a vision board yet but have been having passing visual thoughts on what I want to include in it.

Though after my latest dream's experience I felt compelled tonight to make a very short reminder list with visual aids of what I should try really try to focus on doing when lucidity does occur. Would it be ok/worth sharing that here too in the meantime?
      I would love to see your visual aids. That's a good idea, by the way.

DJ Entries
      Here it is; let me know if the resolution is too small, but I think it should be ok... Currently it's taped onto the side of my bedside table.

In any case, making this has kind of made me rethink how I wanted to do the vision board and now I've been thinking about just making the whole thing in a similar sketchy manner, especially because I don't have a lot of room by my bedside where I could have it very visible for myself (as I have kind of mentioned previously I think).

20200805_020818_LLS.jpg
      Last edited by DarkestDarkness; 08-05-2020 at 06:53 PM. Reason: grammar
      Hilary likes this.
      Suggest new tasks

Dreamer Achievements:
      Zone 10b
      DJ Entries
      Here it is; let me know if the resolution is too small, but I think it should be ok... Currently it's taped onto the side of my bedside table.

In any case, making this has kind of made me rethink how I wanted to do the vision board and now I've been thinking about just making the whole thing in a similar sketchy manner, especially because I don't have a lot of room by my bedside where I could have it very visible for myself (as I have kind of mentioned previously I think).

20200805_020818_LLS.jpg
      Cool! Nice drawings.

Love the idea. It would be neat to have two journals. 1) a dream journal, and 2) a lucidity journal. In the lucidity journal, we write out our lucid dream goals, dream signs, mantras / affirmations, meditation log, reality check lists, lucid dream reports, and we write out dreams that were not lucid, as if we did became lucid. Visuals always a bonus.

DJ Entries

Exclamation

After a lot of searching through old project folders, I finally found it. The old concept I had made, which apparently was more specifically for dream incubation... I'd forgotten about that.

GoldenDreamSun.jpg
      GoldenDreamSunPosterTemplate_png_20-02-2016.jpg

The idea was that I'd print out the second image and fill it in with drawings/cuttings/whatever and text in specific zones and incubate specific dreams that way. Anyone is free to re-use this template (high-res transparent .png version) for their personal use if they'd like to; follow the first image here as a guideline if you can read my writing or come up with your own way of filling the spaces.

This isn't quite as I remembered it though, so I think I still want to try and make something new based on this past idea plus everything we've discussed/shared here. Dream-incubation is something I haven't really got the hang of despite having tried to do it for a long time, so perhaps it's better to focus on the RC side of things at this time.

And I like your idea of the two separate journals, definitely something to think about. Might make a nice change for me in terms of how I keep my journals.
      Last edited by DarkestDarkness; 08-06-2020 at 02:06 AM. Reason: added link
      Hilary likes this.
      Suggest new tasks

Dreamer Achievements:
      Zone 10b
      DJ Entries
      That looks really cool! I just have a bit of trouble reading your hand writing.

DJ Entries
      Don't worry, I struggle reading it too sometimes. Not sure if you wanted me to give you one, but here's a transcription:

It says at the top "Dream Incubation Pattern (Print on card paper)", with a key below reading "TF: Text-free; IF: Image-free" (areas) and "C: Constant", as in a constant to be included in all versions/prints, and a bit lower then simply says "C: If you think you can't, you can't", which is something I've always kept in mind since my first read of La Berge's "Exploring the World of Lucid Dreaming".

In the centre it says "Image (or schema) to visualise/memorise/etc. Can split into sectors" and above the arrow to the lower left it simply says "Related things"; at the bottom under date and signature it says: "Single | Question; for problem-solving incubation" and "Single | Phrase; for general incubation and intention-setting" with a note of IF under the two. I think my reasoning for the single question/phrase was to keep it simple and clear so that I wouldn't try to memorise too much. But basically a mantra or whatever could go there in replacement of either of those.
      Suggest new tasks

Dreamer Achievements:
      Zone 10b
      DJ Entries
      Don't worry, I struggle reading it too sometimes. Not sure if you wanted me to give you one, but here's a transcription:

It says at the top "Dream Incubation Pattern (Print on card paper)", with a key below reading "TF: Text-free; IF: Image-free" (areas) and "C: Constant", as in a constant to be included in all versions/prints, and a bit lower then simply says "C: If you think you can't, you can't", which is something I've always kept in mind since my first read of La Berge's "Exploring the World of Lucid Dreaming".

In the centre it says "Image (or schema) to visualise/memorise/etc. Can split into sectors" and above the arrow to the lower left it simply says "Related things"; at the bottom under date and signature it says: "Single | Question; for problem-solving incubation" and "Single | Phrase; for general incubation and intention-setting" with a note of IF under the two. I think my reasoning for the single question/phrase was to keep it simple and clear so that I wouldn't try to memorise too much. But basically a mantra or whatever could go there in replacement of either of those.
      Love it. You know what? I'm going to make a slight alteration here as I make one.

"If you think you can, you can."

Member Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal Made lots of Friends on DV Populated Wall Referrer Bronze Veteran First Class 5000 Hall Points
      LD Count
      Reno, Nevada, United States
      DJ Entries
      Wait that’s an amazing idea. I’m gonna do that! I’ll post here when I complete it
      DarkestDarkness and Hilary like this.

DJ Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by CloudOFmichael View Post
      Wait that’s an amazing idea. I’m gonna do that! I’ll post here when I complete it
      Any update to this? Been thinking about this thread and was curious.
      Hilary likes this.
      Suggest new tasks

Dreamer Achievements:
      Zone 10b
      DJ Entries
      So I had a lot of fun doing this activity last summer. I think I will do another one, either a totally new one, or just adding new dream symbols to the previous board, filling it out.

But, I had a great idea, I wish I could do it (someday I will, when I have my own house). What I would like to do is draw/paint dream symbols directly onto the walls. Eventually my bedroom would be filled with dream symbols. How cool would that be?
      Check out what's happening on Dream Views:

Tasks of the Season: Autumn '22
      Tasks of the Year: 2022
      Read Along
      Check out my RC prompt background images
      . Build your prospective memory & critical reflective attitude.