Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Like Tree22Likes

Thread: The "Inception" Technique - Tried and True

LD Count
      Eh...
      Reach
      DJ Entries

Cool The "Inception" Technique - Tried and True

This technique was proposed elsewhere on this forum, but I cannot find the original thread to give credit where credit is due. I do not claim rights to this technique.

THE INCEPTION TECHNIQUE

Having seen lots of success reports in the original thread, but not actually being able to find the original thread to provide a link, I have decided to repost this technique with a fresh title and add few details and ideas of my own.

The Prerequisites:

Learn all you possibly can about lucid dreaming and practice some of the basics. Read Wikipedia articles. Watch the Discovery Channel's clip on dreams on YouTube. Learn how sleep and sleep cycles work. Get in the habit of doing reality checks and learn to become aware of everything around you. Keep a religious dream journal and really stimulate your dream recall. Identify dream signs. I recommend at least one successful DILD before moving on to this so you know what it is like to become lucid while already in the dream state.

The Technique:
      I chose to call this the Inception technique because it's cool and, like in Inception, you will use an induction device attached to your wrist. The induction device in question is a 1-inch square piece of cardboard. Make a light-fitting bracelet using this piece of cardboard as a "centerpiece" and wear it to bed.

The first picture depicts the proper way to wear your piece of cardboard. It should touch your wrist lightly but completely. From what I gathered in the original thread, this spot on the wrist is a pressure point that increases your awareness during a dream and thus increases your chance at attaining lucidity. I myself have found it very effective when worn correctly.

Yes (this position on the wrist is critical):

NO: (if you wear it like this the pressure point will not work correctly)

And that's it really... Go to sleep as normal at a reasonable time and avoid eating junk food before bed. You may find the cardboard slightly annoying but that's part of the point. Post back with your results and maybe some pictures of your Inception bracelet I personally like to attach my cardboard to a rubber band so it is easily removable in the morning. Cheers!

The Dream is Real!

Whoever first posted this technique, PM me and I'll be happy to edit the post and give you credit.
      The most resilient parasite is an idea planted in the unconscious mind.

How did you get here? iDreambig's Avatar
      LD Count
      I think someone else already posted this same technique in another thread, I tried this method already. it didn't work for me, but others say it has been very effective.

LD Count
      Eh...
      Reach
      DJ Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by iDreambig View Post
      I think someone else already posted this same technique in another thread
      I mentioned that at least twice

LD Count
      11 ‰
      bay area ca
      I think the person who posted this originally got banned from the site. That's what someone told me.
      Every passing minute is another chance to turn it all around.

(SP)12 (FA)10 (DEILD Chain)1 (DILD)6 (DEILD)2 (VILD)2

LD Count
      Eh...
      Reach
      DJ Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by NrElAx View Post
      I think the person who posted this originally got banned from the site. That's what someone told me.
      It seems their thread went with them then... Hope this one helps!

car of stars
      LD Count
      I assumed the first thread had been deleted due to false testimonies or something.

LD Count
      Eh...
      Reach
      DJ Entries
      Don't think they were false... 2 of my recent 3 lucid dreams came from this technique!

LD Count
      11 ‰
      bay area ca
      Quote Originally Posted by starcar View Post
      I assumed the first thread had been deleted due to false testimonies or something.
      Yea that's what I had heard.
      Every passing minute is another chance to turn it all around.

(SP)12 (FA)10 (DEILD Chain)1 (DILD)6 (DEILD)2 (VILD)2

Canada
      DJ Entries
      No substances that make you sleep? No "dream machines"? No shared dreaming?

I fail to understand how this is related to Inception
      PhilosopherStoned likes this.
      !

LD Count
      Eh...
      Reach
      DJ Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by Sentaku View Post
      No substances that make you sleep? No "dream machines"? No shared dreaming?

I fail to understand how this is related to Inception
      You attach the thingy to your wrist

Anyway I personally testify success two nights in a row. I was aware I was dreaming right from the start in my first dreams of the night. Although last night my lucidity faded for whatever reason, but hey, it's progress. I'm going to experiment with different ways to refine this technique such as putting it on in the middle of the night instead, switching wrists every few nights, stuff like that.

learning. making. doing. zhineTech's Avatar
      LD Count
      50ish
      in a dream
      DJ Entries
      i did this the other night and had a pretty vivd, but short LD. however, i also had done a WBTB w/ galantamine/choline combo, which probably contributed more.

the original thread recommended taping the cardboard, which stuck to my arm hairs and was annoying. im going to try making a bracelet and see how that works.

***edit for more info***

apparently this pressure point (from what i can tell) is called Nei Kuan in acupuncture, or P-6. it seems to appear related to nausea or motion sickness.

you can read about bracelets to stimulate it here:
      Sea Bands - Seabands Morning Sickness Wrist Band for Pregnant Women

and a short bit of research:
      Objective assessment of the sympatholytic action o... [Am J Chin Med. 2001] - PubMed result

and a dreamview thread on accupressure related lucid dreaming:
      http://www.dreamviews.com/f12/acupre...ucidity-78208/
      Last edited by zhineTech; 09-28-2010 at 05:01 PM.
      juroara likes this.
      Back into lucidity since 4.10

My intro thread | Levels of Lucidity

"...and then this mean kid came to the door and started shooting at me with a fudgecicle..."

LD Count
      Eh...
      Reach
      DJ Entries
      Only thing is the bracelet doesn't do anything if you wear it that low... Trust me, I tried, four nights in a row. See pictures in the original post. I believe that to be a common mistake

learning. making. doing. zhineTech's Avatar
      LD Count
      50ish
      in a dream
      DJ Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by eicca View Post
      Only thing is the bracelet doesn't do anything if you wear it that low... Trust me, I tried, four nights in a row. See pictures in the original post. I believe that to be a common mistake
      oh. heh.

its pretty close. im just curious about other info on the medical / occult research with this, so i try to draw parallels.
      Back into lucidity since 4.10

My intro thread | Levels of Lucidity

"...and then this mean kid came to the door and started shooting at me with a fudgecicle..."

Up in the nether
      So, do you have any sources or something stating that this is not just a load of bull (which is how it comes across to me).
      If you ask me I think it's just a placebo effect delivering you those lucid's.

There might just be a reason why the original thread was deleted...

Luminescent sun chaser Achievements:
      1 year registered Made lots of Friends on DV Referrer Bronze Huge Dream Journal Vivid Dream Journal Populated Wall Tagger First Class 1000 Hall Points
      LD Count
      400ish
      The World That Never Was
      DJ Entries
      The thread is out there, but there is no need in posting it since the OP is banned for other reasons.

LD Count
      7 DILDs
      eicca, what is your bracelet made of?
      Tape? Shoelace?
      Thanks for the initiative

LD Count
      Eh...
      Reach
      DJ Entries
      Mine is a rubber bracelet (similar to those LIVESTRONG bands but black) with the piece of cardboard taped to the inside of it.

Interestingly enough, I can't find any information on the internet concerning this pressure point/technique. I firmly believe it works, though, since (as I mentioned before) absolutely nothing happened when I was wearing the cardboard wrong but when I wore it correctly, 100% success.

This technique has a lot of potential. I'm going to try a WBTB tonight and only putting on the bracelet when I get up for said WBTB. That way I'll be right ready for an REM cycle.

LD Count
      230+ since 2009
      DJ Entries
      Well, this seems simple and even if it does seem little silly, it couldn't hurt to try.
      aries88 and vusiliyk like this.

A dream world
      DJ Entries
      I believe the OP also said that it would be used just as often as an RC and as an anchor for DEILDing, since it's slightly annoying, and you should feel it as you go to sleep, and right when you wake up.
      LD goals: Talk to a DC [X] Share a dream [X] Find my Dream guide [] Have an LD without a dream body, only images [] Dream share with my dad [X] Fight a one vs one against a self aware DC [] Free fall/stop an inch before the ground [X] Be fearless [X] Walk into a mirror [X] Use a portal to teleport [] Recall all dreams/3 dreams a night+ [] Master the four elements [] Fight with a "firebender" [] Easy and advanced TOTM in one LD [] Stop a vehicle/train with my bare hands []
      My dj: Adventures and experiments
      LD count since joining: 32
      MILD: 15 DILD: 10 WILD: 0 DEILD: 7

I remember seeing the previous thread and being quite skeptical myself. I tried this that night and, while not becoming lucid, I did have great recall compared to what I'd had the previous couple of nights. I don't know if this is just placebo or what, but it doesn't hurt to try.
      Please dream for those who've given up, for those who've never tried; please use your dreams to make new dreams for all the dreams that died.

Quote Originally Posted by shiraniaori View Post
      I believe the OP also said that it would be used just as often as an RC and as an anchor for DEILDing, since it's slightly annoying, and you should feel it as you go to sleep, and right when you wake up.
      This sounds familiar, I believe it was originally intended for something like this.
      Please dream for those who've given up, for those who've never tried; please use your dreams to make new dreams for all the dreams that died.

On and Off Member Achievements:
      1 year registered 1000 Hall Points Veteran First Class
      well, I'll give this a shot. It sure might be a placebo effect (or a wrong location), but I'll give it a try. I'm sure there is a pressure point on the body that might well produce active dreaming, but whether the location and activation method where and however it may be; I'm sure it exists somewhere in some lost esoteric practice...

Salud Achievements:
      Made lots of Friends on DV 1000 Hall Points Referrer Bronze Veteran First Class
      LD Count
      Not a contest
      Somewhere In Time
      Tried this technique last night after reading about it. After a 1 month dry spell I had a short little LD last night & great recall

-Also, I'm still looking for a good bracelet idea, last night it was a rubber band and some cardboard lol. Post your ways of making a bracelet.
      Last edited by rynkrt3; 09-29-2010 at 12:02 PM.

I'm using tape. I had a vivid, but not lucid dream.

Have you ever experimented with this technique, but used a watch? It basically serves the same purpose as the cardboard.
      Last edited by A dreamer168; 09-29-2010 at 05:30 PM.
      "do what you wish"

LD Count
      230+ since 2009
      DJ Entries
      I hadn't had a lucid dream in almost two weeks, and I've been having less than I use to a few months ago.
      Last night I wore a piece of cardboard with a rubber band and I had a very vivid lucid dream, and some non-lucid, but still vivid dreams.
      Although I'm not sure if it's because of the cardboard thing. yesterday I realized that I need to rethink my whole approach to lucid dreaming. So it might have been my change in attitude that mostly helped me have a lucid dream.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast