• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views

Like Tree3Likes
    • 1 Post By HelloBro123
    • 2 Post By FryingMan

Thread: Share your sad dream story

LD Count
      Lost count. :(

Share your sad dream story

Sad dream affect me for a couple of hours after waking up. How about you? I want to know about your sad dream story. Do share the story if you can recall the sad dream. Idk if sad dream and nightmare are the same though.

This is my sad dream. I could witness the earth was about to meet its end. Everything was crumbling and there were debris everywhere. The sky was dark. So, I had to say goodbye to the earth. There were two spaceships there used to evacuate human population. I had to go separate with my dad in other spaceship. Oddly enough, I found out my dad in this dream was Goku from Dragon Ball Z! Talk about random and didn't see that coming at all. Idk if there's someone here who watched this anime and know about him though. Anyway, I gave him a warm farewell hug(lucky me). Then, I boarded the other spaceship and live a different life there. The two spaceships will never ever meet each other again. It gave a sad feeling to me for some reason. The atmosphere and environment really set the mood.
      I don't know which is sadder, excited knowing that my dad was Goku in the dream then only had to say farewell to him or having to leave Earth forever. Anyway, it's just a dream so I get over it.
      Come on, I want to hear your sad dream story.
      Last edited by HelloBro123; 03-21-2015 at 11:47 AM.
      AnotherDreamer likes this.

DVA Teacher Achievements:
      Tagger First Class Made lots of Friends on DV Referrer Bronze Huge Dream Journal Made Friends on DV Veteran First Class 10000 Hall Points
      LD Count
      DJ Entries
      Long before I was ever into dreaming practice, probably 15-20 years ago or more, I had a dream I remember to this day, where I was being kidnapped by gangsters, held in the back seat of a car driving somewhere, I was struggling, and the gangster leaned over, pointed a pistol point-blank against my stomach, and fired. I felt it, and knew I was mortally wounded. I laid my head against the window, looked outside and watched the landscape go by and the hills in the distance, knowing this was the last thing I'd ever see, I was distraught that I'd never see my wife again, and the scene faded as I died.

More recently, I've had a few dreams of meeting my old (deceased) dog, knowing in the dream (yet not lucid) that he was dead and so I would never see him again, but being together was very bittersweet. I felt so sad, I so desperately wanted to have just one more walk with him.

Yes some of these take hours to wear off, waking up and realizing it was all a dream is often not an immediate relief.
      FryingMan's Unified Theory of Lucid Dreaming: Pay Attention, Reflect, Recall -- Both Day and Night[link]
      FryingMan's Dream Recall Tips -- Awesome Links
      “No amount of security is worth the suffering of a mediocre life chained to a routine that has killed your dreams.”
      "...develop stability in awareness and your dreams will change in extraordinary ways" -- TYoDaS

Unified Chaos Enforcer Achievements:
      1000 Hall Points Veteran Second Class
      LD Count
      Triviality ÷ 0
      Kangaroo Land
      My father (in my dreams) has ran over multiple kittens, pushed kittens of the balcony etc

I've witnessed the destruction of earth a few times but i'm apathetic to a majority of our species so it wasn't too sad for me personally.
      Ghosts used to traumatise me and kill my mother in my childhood dreams. Plenty of serial killers have slaughtered my entire family too.

Yep, subconscious totally isn't satan.
      Lucid Dream Tasks:

- Enter layer 3 of Lucidity or Higher []
      - Venture through the Galaxy in an Intergalactic Cruiser []
      (visiting boundless varieties of planetary Geology and Ecology)
      - Quest for Personalised Deiform Companion []
      - Subconscious Mind Habitually Hands out Lucidity []
      - Communicate with Disembodied Intelligence []

Member Achievements:
      1 year registered Created Dream Journal 1000 Hall Points Tagger Second Class
      LD Count
      DJ Entries
      It was just last night. I had a dream my friend and I were looking for my cat and when we found him he was practically dead. When I woke up I was crying and I still sorta am.
      It' bad enough he's already old. My dream just had to remind me he probably won't live for that many more years.

LD Count
      DJ Entries
      The most messed up dream I ever had was when I was 8 where I came home to find my entire family was murdered in grotesque detail (the exact way they were killed is a bit explicit). I don't think I will ever forget this.

DJ Entries
      I had a dream about my dad dying. He actually has this heart dissease and his condition is terrible, so I felt really bad but also relieved when I woke up and realized he's still alive.

I also often dream about war and being a solider who knows nothing about war because, in my dreams, it happens unexpectedly (as everything else in every dream) and I have to face the enemy really quick.

Member Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal Tagger First Class Referrer Bronze Veteran Second Class 1000 Hall Points
      LD Count
      ~250
      Boston, MA
      DJ Entries
      The worst ones are the when you are happy with your family, friends, or loved one, and you wake up to find they never existed, and their faces fade like breath on a mirror. You know you are missing someone, but you can't remember who or why. Those are the ones that really stay with you.

Lord of Outland Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal Tagger First Class 1000 Hall Points Veteran First Class
      LD Count
      here at the copa, copacabana
      DJ Entries
      I had one where I was commanding a group of soldiers and we were in a building and we barricaded for a last stand, and it was a multi story building because I told one of my officers to barricade one floor and I went up to the top with other guys.
      Later for some reason we're all running and being chased by nazis, I run down this stairwell and I can hear them gaining on me, I enter a room and try to hide behind a closet door but an SS officer finds me and the scene changes where I'm now in a concentration camp, and I'm now also significantly younger. There's a WHOLE lot more to the dream, but yeah, even though it wasn't close to as horrible as a real concentration camp-not even nearly-I was still stressed out to the max and I woke up from fear as one of the other kids in there with me was getting castrated in another room.

LD Count
      Not counting rn
      The Netherlands
      DJ Entries
      I remember a few years ago I was very depressed and I had a dream about me committing suicide. Like, I was about to commit suicide and everybody knew about it. People came to me, crying, saying they didn't want me to die and that I shouldn't do it. At the end of the dream, when I had committed suicide by taking a deadly pill, I realized I didn't want to die. But it was irreversible. I started crying and called my dad, who didn't know I was going to die, and I didn't tell him I was going to die. Instead, I told him all the reasons why I loved him and that he had been a good dad. In my last moments before I died (or woke up, actually) my mom and I were crying together, telling each other how much we loved each other.
      That dream really changed me and the way I think about things. I will never forget it.