• 2 Post By Mismagius
    • 1 Post By <span class='glow_9400D3'>BlairBros</span>
    • 2 Post By DanielLove
    • 1 Post By DanielLove
    • 1 Post By DanielLove
    • 2 Post By <span class='glow_9400D3'>BlairBros</span>
    • 1 Post By Mismagius
    • 1 Post By DanielLove

Thread: The World's First VR Lucid Dream Workshop/Gathering - Hosted by Daniel Love

Member Achievements:
      Referrer Bronze Veteran First Class 5000 Hall Points

The World's First VR Lucid Dream Workshop/Gathering - Hosted by Daniel Love

Hi Dreamviews,

I've some great news for you today - as a direct result of Dreamviews support of "The Lucid Dreamer's Guide to the Cosmos", and to kickstart its YouTube channel "Reality Nomad", I'll be hosting the world's very first VR Lucid Dreaming workshop/gathering.

It's completely free to attend and it will be a great chance for Dreamviews to show the world what we're made of. It'll be a nice chance to take part in a historical moment for lucid dreaming.
      I'd love it if you guys could join me!

Here's the official video with all the details:

(If you've not done so already, be sure to subscribe to our YouTube channel for all the exciting videos and events to come)

The event will be a relaxed gathering of like-minded, modern lucid dreamers and VR enthusiasts. I'll also be offering a Q&A session for those looking to improve their skills in lucid dreaming.

The event takes place at 9pm (BST), Sunday, August 21st within the virtual reality social environment of AltSpace.

You can find the AltSpace event details here: https://account.altvr.com/events/476982295534764505

And if you're wishing to attend in 2D, you can download Altspace for PC: https://account.altvr.com/downloads

I look forward to seeing you there, it should be a lot of fun!
      Last edited by DanielLove; 08-10-2016 at 01:58 PM.

Dream Guide - DVA Teacher Achievements:
      Made lots of Friends on DV Tagger First Class Vivid Dream Journal Populated Wall 5000 Hall Points Veteran First Class
      LD Count
      1090+ sncFeb'13
      'Toto, I've a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore.'
      DJ Entries
      I had the dates confused. I plan to join in.
      Last edited by fogelbise; 08-10-2016 at 09:33 PM.
      Mismagius and DanielLove like this.

Member Achievements:
      Made lots of Friends on DV Populated Wall Tagger First Class 5000 Hall Points Veteran First Class Referrer Bronze Made Friends on DV Vivid Dream Journal
      LD Count
      Lost count
      California
      DJ Entries
      This sounds like a wonderful idea! I think I will be on a long drive home from Vegas at that time but if I can figure out a way to be there I will. If someone records it for youtube that would be awesome aswell!

Member Achievements:
      @fogelbise - It won't be accessible on a phone without Gear VR, but if you have access to a PC then you can attend in 2D. The event won't start until Sunday the 21st. It seemed sensible to give people the chance to prepare.

@MadMonkey - Thanks MadMonkey, it's exciting isn't it! I'd really love if as many DVers can attend as possible, so fingers crossed that you'll be able to come.

I'm looking into finding a way for the event to be recorded, if anyone will be attending in 2D and has screen capture software, I'd appreciate your help.

The event will be really quite casual and organic, so no big speeches or self-aggrandising stuff. It will just be a nice chance for the community to come together, share ideas, interact with the VR community, and be a part of something historic. It's more gathering than workshop, but I'll be offering a Q&A so there will be the chance to ask any questions you may have. My main goal in most of my work with LDing is to be a catalyst rather than the focus.

There are other exciting related plans on the horizon, so I'll be sharing those as and when they arise. Best thing is to subscribe to my channel, as that's where most news will be released first: CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE
      MadMonkey and Mismagius like this.

LD Count
      Canada
      DJ Entries
      Altspace supports the Rift and Vive, sweet. I'll check it out as well!
      Mismagius likes this.
      LD Goals ---
      [X] Have a long LD --- [ ] Skydive with no parachute --- [ ] Win the Indy 500 - On Mars --- [ ] Save the earth from UFOs --- [ ] Kick a bowling ball to the moon ---
      [ ] Write a song I can play in real life --- [ ] Witness the destruction of the Solar System via the sun exploding

Nine Lives in Theory Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal Made lots of Friends on DV Referrer Bronze Tagger First Class 1000 Hall Points 3 years registered
      DJ Entries
      I can't pass this up! I am a lover of both lucid dreaming and virtual reality. I think VR is going to have a lot of possibilities for the future. Sword Art Online will be a reality . . . .

Oneironaut Achievements:
      6 months registered
      see you there Daniel
      DanielLove and Mismagius like this.

Moderator Prince Achievements:
      Made lots of Friends on DV Populated Wall Created Dream Journal Tagger First Class Referrer Bronze 5000 Hall Points Veteran First Class
      DJ Entries
      This is awesome news, I'll definitely be attending! I was hoping there'd be something like this one day, makes it even better that you're hosting it! I'll have to attend in 2D unfortunately though, I've yet to get a Gear VR or either of the PC VR headsets. That may change soon though with the price drops the Gear VR has gotten.

I'll be recording it since I'll be attending in 2D and have some screen capture software. If anyone else is recording it too that'd be great, in case I or other(s) experience any internet troubles such as buffering, we'll have other copies. Win 10 comes with some built in screen recording software, meant for video games but works good for anything.

Also, subscribed!
      Last edited by Mismagius; 08-14-2016 at 09:16 PM.
      fogelbise and DanielLove like this.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of man remain the same
      WICKED is good

Thaumaturge Achievements:
      Referrer Bronze Tagger First Class Vivid Dream Journal Made lots of Friends on DV 1000 Hall Points Veteran First Class
      <span class='glow_9400D3'>BlairBros</span>'s Avatar
      LD Count
      A few
      Look behind you
      DJ Entries
      I should be able to make it hooray! No VR for me yet but 2d should be fine haha. Looking forward to it.
      DanielLove likes this.
      “I don't think that you have any insight whatsoever into your capacity for good until you have some well-developed insight into your capacity for evil.”
      ― Jordan B. Peterson

Member Achievements:
      Brilliant, thanks guys, it'll be great to see you all there!

@Mismagius - Thanks for recording it, if you could drop me an e-mail or PM sometime soon, we could maybe organise a trial run to test out the recording?

For those of you attending - while this is billed as a "workshop/gathering", I'd like this to definitely err more on the side of a collaborative event, something where we all have an equal voice. It seems to me that if we're going to be pioneers in this space, that we should start as we mean to go on. So, with that in mind, be prepared for open discussions and perhaps bring with you any ideas you'd like included in "The Lucid Dreamer's Guide to the Cosmos" - as this will be a great opportunity to help forge the direction of that project as well.
      ThreeCat and Mismagius like this.

Referrer Bronze Tagger First Class Vivid Dream Journal Made lots of Friends on DV 1000 Hall Points Veteran First Class
      LD Count
      A few
      Look behind you
      DJ Entries
      It says the room is full and wont let me join :/
      EDIT: Made it in hehe
      SECOND EDIT: The audio was suuuuper buggy, I could just hear one or two muffled words which would glitch and repeat for a few seconds before repeating ting ting ting like that that that. Ah well.
      Last edited by BlairBros; 08-21-2016 at 10:19 PM.
      “I don't think that you have any insight whatsoever into your capacity for good until you have some well-developed insight into your capacity for evil.”
      ― Jordan B. Peterson

Nine Lives in Theory Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal Made lots of Friends on DV Referrer Bronze Tagger First Class 1000 Hall Points 3 years registered
      DJ Entries
      Well, it's full-up and I got booted from the room lol. Maybe there will be a transcript or repeat performance sometime!

Member Achievements:
      Hi guys,

Sorry for the tech issues tonight - even I couldn't get in the room initially, as it was full! - I guess this is the price of being on the cutting edge of technology!

Fortunately everything calmed down eventually and it turned into a lovely gathering.

I'll be hosting a second gathering at the same time next Sunday - so for those who didn't make it, please come join us!

I'll also be working on avoiding the audio issues from this first session!
      Mismagius likes this.

Member Achievements:
      1000 Hall Points Veteran First Class
      LD Count
      2/week - 400+
      Matthews, NC
      I popped in but audio was driving me nuts. But cool technology if we fix the audio!

Member Achievements:
      Hi guys,

Here's the link for this Sunday's event. It should run a little smoother this time.
      I'm aiming to make these gatherings a regular monthly feature - so for those of you who want to share ideas and help develop the Reality Nomad/The Lucid Dreamer's Guide to the Cosmos projects, it'll be a great space to work on these.

There's a lot going on behind the scenes, and I'm aiming to make DreamViews a very integral part of these projects. So, there's a lot of exciting things on the horizon and I'd really like you all to be a part of it!

Cick here for the link to this Sunday's event
      Mismagius likes this.

LD Count
      A few
      Look behind you
      DJ Entries
      Much better than last time, the audio worked fine . Sorry I was silent its 5-6am here and don't want to wake everyone up haha.
      DanielLove and Mismagius like this.
      ― Jordan B. Peterson

Moderator Prince Achievements:
      Made lots of Friends on DV Populated Wall Created Dream Journal Tagger First Class Referrer Bronze 5000 Hall Points Veteran First Class
      DJ Entries
      Woo! I think making these a regular thing is a great idea. I'm planning on getting a Gear VR relatively soon, then I can get the full experience

DanielLove likes this.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of man remain the same
      WICKED is good

Member Achievements:
      Thanks for coming guys, it was lovely to see you all there!
      Yes, these events will be a monthly get-together from now on, mark the last Sunday of each month as VR Lucid Dream Gathering day. I'll post the details here and via my facebook page as a reminder.

Also, if anyone has any artwork or video's you'd like shared in the events, let me know and we can arrange something. Equally, if any of you would like to give a talk or share your experiences, that would be wonderful too.

It was lovely to be surrounded by pioneering, rational lucid dreamers!
      Mismagius likes this.