• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Tell Me About The Bands (Music Artists) You Like.

o shittt i love so much stuff!
      alexa wilkinson, afi, sublime, stealing jane, baylock,pearl jam, slightly stoopid, scotty don't, dj balloon, dj deazel, amber pacific, marleys, DMB,clapton, linkin park, matisyahu, NIN, notorious BIG, OAR, pendulum, chemical bros, outhere bros, beatles, GWAR, NOFX, radical address, misfits...much more
      Last edited by rastasteez; 12-26-2007 at 03:44 AM.
      Love and
      Hope and Sex
      and Dreams

LD Count
      Can't remember
      Lancashire, England
      The music is a good band

"He who is the cause of someone else becoming powerful is the agent of his own destruction" - Ezio Auditore da Firenze (1459 - 1524)

Dream Journal l Facebook

LD Count
      ~1 Bajillion.
      The Real McKenzies (Canadian band, Scottish folk-punk and a hell of a lot better than the Dropkick Murphys)

Siobhan (Another Canadian band, but even more obscure than the Real McKenzies. Folk-esque, but varied style)

Suburban Legends (Rising ska band. Snazzy dance moves.)

Gob (Punk band. Been on the Warped Tour, but they haven't seen much mainstream popularity. Check out Foot In Mouth Disease, it's a great album)

I Voted for Kodos (Former ska band. Catchy, and great live.)

the pillows (Japanese rock band. Heavily influenced by the Pixies, but they have their own distinct style)

The Sugi Tap (What's left of Eve 6. Same great music, new name)

Tokyo Ska Paradise Orchestra (More Jazzy than Ska, personally, but great stuff for any swing, ska, jazz or big band fans)

Zebrahead (Also I Hate Kate, a new project by their former guitarist)

Flogging Molly (Closest to mainstream of any of these. Irish band, great lyrics, great music. The guys [and girl] of the band are all nice guys in person and great performers.)

Dirty Pretty Things (US members probably haven't heard of them, UK members most likely have heard quite a lot of them)

Fratellis (Another UK band that hasn't seen nearly as much success here in the US, though their song Flathead was made into an iPod commercial and they've had a few moderately popular singles)
      [23:17:23] <+Kaniaz> "You think I want to look like Leo Volont? Don't you dare"

Right here... Reputation: 9999
      DJ Entries
      Breaking Benjamin

'nuff said

LD Count
      ~1 Bajillion.
      Ergh. They really aren't that good. Mindless mass-produced mediocrity.

LD Count
      breathe for me
      gliding in the absolute
      Linkin Park Omg Bcuz Totally About My Life Lol Cuz Im Going Thru Sum Hard Times Not Going To Middle School Dance Omfg And U No Bieng 13 IS HARD IN THE SUBURBS k IM GOING TO GO JACK OFF TO SUM ANIME NOW LOL

Banned
      Alt. & prog Rock

LD Count
      ~1 Bajillion.
      Quote Originally Posted by Grod View Post
      Linkin Park Omg Bcuz Totally About My Life Lol Cuz Im Going Thru Sum Hard Times Not Going To Middle School Dance Omfg And U No Bieng 13 IS HARD IN THE SUBURBS k IM GOING TO GO JACK OFF TO SUM ANIME NOW LOL
      That post is deserving of a monument. Seriously. I want to print this off, tape it to a 2x4, and next time somebody tells me they like Linkin Park because they have "emotional depth", I'm going to hit them with it.

Radiohead. Depeche Mode. Enigma. Joe Satriani. Bond Girls.
      Especially the Bond Girls.

LD Count
      Don't count
      Sweden
      Rise Against
      Oasis
      Silverstein
      escape the fate
      yellowcard
      soil
      system of a down
      Papa Roach
      bullet for my valentine
      slipknot
      Paul Simon
      Counting Crows
      Rammstein
      NOFX
      RJA
      zebrahead
      Bruce Springsteen
      and lots of more

LD Count
      Can't remember
      Lancashire, England
      Warmen are good aswell.

"He who is the cause of someone else becoming powerful is the agent of his own destruction" - Ezio Auditore da Firenze (1459 - 1524)

Dream Journal l Facebook

Truth Seeker Achievements:
      Referrer Bronze 1 year registered Veteran First Class Created Dream Journal 10000 Hall Points Made Friends on DV
      <span class='glow_9400D3'>LucidDreamGod</span>'s Avatar
      US
      DJ Entries
      Billy Talent/Pezz (100&#37; of their songs, listened to all of them)
      Eve 6/Eleventeen/The Sugi Tap/Brotherhood of Lost Dogs (95% of their songs, listened to all of them)
      Julien-k/Orgy/Dead By Sunrise (80% of their songs, listened to all of the few songs available, few of orgys, and 1 of DBS's)
      Linkin Park/Xero/Dead By Sunrise/Grey Daze (70%, they have alot of slightly great songs, but they sound similer, listened to all of them, 1 DBS, and 1 GD)
      Panic! At the Disco (65% lots of catchy songs, listened to almost all)
      Arctic Monkeys (55% another catchy band, really interesting accent on the vocals, listened to many)
      Eminem (50% are pretty good songs, listened to as much as I could )
      My Chemical Romance (40% are pretty good, listened to most of them)
      The Birthday Massacre (40% they have some pretty good songs, havn't listened to many)
      The Dresden Dolls (35% some pretty interesting songs, listened to a fair amount)
      Fort Minor (30% they have some ok songs and a few pretty good ones, listened to many)
      The Hush Sound (20% they have a fresh sound I can't describe, listened to a few)
      Mum/Sigur ros (15% I'm still exploring these, but the songs are pretty trippy, listened to a few)

I tryed to put them in some kind of order from how many songs they make that I like (Top being all of them, bottom being a fair amount), and keep in mind I'm rating them by the songs that I have heard by them, thus my rating might be alittle of if I havn't seen many of their songs.

/ means another band with similer or all members. (except the case with mum and Sigur ros who just sound similer and similer ratings)

And I only listened to one Dead by Sunrise song cause they havn't released a cd, it's just that Linkin Park + Julien K is going to be awesome

Lol, editing all these in, I relise what bands I should see more of.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsen View Post
      The Sugi Tap (What's left of Eve 6. Same great music, new name)
      OMG, I didn't know anyone else knew of eve 6's other band, Well there back http://myspace.com/eve6 though jon the guitarist has his own band still.

Also you should check out Eleventeen they are eve 6's old name, they have some pretty good stuff too, it's on the audio section of this site, http://eve6mediahq.com/. they even have a song that would apear to be literaly about WILDing.
      Last edited by LucidDreamGod; 01-02-2008 at 05:57 AM.

I wanna be the very best
      Like no one ever was
      To lucid dream is my real test
      To control them is my cause

LD Count
      ~1 Bajillion.
      You know about Monsters Are Waiting, too, then, I'm guessing? Anyway, I've heard Eleventeen before, I think I still have it somewhere in my library. Can't wait for their new album, and they'd better come out here to Utah on tour. Then again, if they don't I'll just roadtrip out to California anyway.

Certainly not on this planet.
      Kinda into Mika at the moment -Camp but not Gay.

Referrer Bronze 1 year registered Veteran First Class Created Dream Journal 10000 Hall Points Made Friends on DV
      US
      DJ Entries
      You know about Monsters Are Waiting, too, then, I'm guessing? Anyway, I've heard Eleventeen before, I think I still have it somewhere in my library. Can't wait for their new album, and they'd better come out here to Utah on tour. Then again, if they don't I'll just roadtrip out to California anyway.
      Yeah I have heard of them, havn't listened to them much though, maybe I'll go to their myspace and see what they sound like again.

I wanna be the very best
      Like no one ever was

also avaliable in blonde Scarred_for_life's Avatar
      Australia
      blink 182, my chemical romance, fall out boy, the pettit project, kisschasy, panic! at the disco

Everything makes sense once you stop thinking about it

Quote Originally Posted by Grod View Post
      That post is deserving of a monument. Seriously. I want to print this off, tape it to a 2x4, and next time somebody tells me they like Linkin Park because they have "emotional depth", I'm going to hit them with it.
      I'm a Linkin Park fan. Most people wouldn't be proud of that. But I'm used to appreciating music thats above the heads of most people. There's a difference between musical expression and 'emo'. I'm not going to go into depth, because its obviously a lost cause.

edit: although Grod's post is pretty funny
      Last edited by james-25:22pm; 01-05-2008 at 09:48 AM.

Quality LD's: 16

"O" will suffice. Achievements:
      1 year registered Made lots of Friends on DV Referrer Gold Veteran First Class Populated Wall Tagger First Class 25000 Hall Points Vivid Dream Journal
      LD Count
      20+ Years Worth
      Central Florida
      DJ Entries
      Rap/Hip-Hop:
      Common, KRS-1, Pharoahe Monch, Tech N9ne, Nas, Talib Kweli, Mos Def, Black Thought, Heltah Skeltah, JLive, Pharcyde, Heiroglyphics, Dilated Peoples, Jurassic 5, The Last Emperor, Immortal Technique, Black Eyed Peas, Cypress Hill, Ice Cube, Defari, Digable Planets, Gorillaz, Lady of Rage, Busta Rhymes, Rah Digga, Fugees, Method Man, Redman, Wu-Tang (in General), Slum Village

Alternative/Rock
      Soundgarden, Audioslave, Metallica, Tool, Rage Against the Machine, White Zombie (the old stuff), Korn, (some) Linkin Park (damn the hype. I just like how they sound), (some) Breaking Benjamin, Staind, Alice in Chains, (some) Garbage, Bush, Godsmack, Guns 'n Roses, Jimi Hendrix, Sevendust, (some) Chilli Peppers, Stone Temple Pilots, (some) Disturbed, Pearl Jam, (some) Evanescence

Electronica
      DJ Icey, Rick West, DJ Rob-E, Chemical Brothers, Prodigy, Crystal Method, Baby Anne, Madame Mercury, Sharaz, Adam Freeland, Wutam, Burufunk, Funklab, Sasha, Digweed, Junkie XL, Portishead, Breakfastaz, Aphrodite, Roni Size, Hybrid, Kruder & Dorfmeister, Freestylers, Uberzone, Plump DJs, Dave London, Merlyn, Huda Hudia, DJ X

Others
      Al Green, Barry White, Luther Vandross, Dru Hill, Jodeci, Brian McKnight, Shai, Jaheim, Michael Jackson (yeah, I said it), Sublime, Toni Braxton, (old) Whitney Houston, (old) Mariah Carey, Aaron Neville, James Brown, Johnny Cash, Aretha Franklin, B.B. King, Alicia Keys, Patti LaBelle, The Isley Brothers, Rick James, Brandy, Monica, Aaliyah, Maroon5, Stevie Wonder, Christina Aguilera (one of the most amazing voices ever), Stevie Ray Vaughan, Jimmie Vaughan...

..I'm sure I'm missing quite a few from each category, but that's all I can think of for now.
      Last edited by Oneironaut Zero; 01-05-2008 at 10:31 AM.
      http://i.imgur.com/Ke7qCcF.jpg
      (Or see the very best of my journal entries @ dreamwalkerchronicles.blogspot)

LD Count
      ~1 Bajillion.
      Quote Originally Posted by james_jlc View Post
      I'm a Linkin Park fan. Most people wouldn't be proud of that. But I'm used to appreciating music thats above the heads of most people. There's a difference between musical expression and 'emo'.
      WHAM!

(See that horse? Yeah, that's you. And guess what's taped to that 2x4?)

US
      DJ Entries
      Actually sometimes I'd be in emotional depth, and listen to linkin park, but it really didn't help me, all they do is yell alot, and talk about something you could almost see as mental ilness and child abuse, when I was just suffering from a little depression, and love sickness.

I wanna be the very best
      Like no one ever was

I live somewhere in the USA
      [SIZE="4"Well I like Within Tempation, Alan Jackson, Chris Daughtery, Johnny Cash, Byran Adams, Lynard Skynard, Pink, Melissa Etheridge, Enya, and I like most anything really.

the space-time continuem
      mainly rock/metal/alternative/prog bands. like:
      Dream Theater
      Green Day
      Slayer
      Metalica
      All American Rejects
      Slipknot
      Smashing Pumpkins
      OK Go
      Linkin Park
      AC/DC
      Avenged Seven Fold (kind of emo, i know)
      Black Sabbath
      Dragonforce

just to name a few
      do a reality check right now!!!

also, go to www.sketchup.com and model your dreamscapes/ anything else in 3-D!! check it out!

Between the Buried and Me, The Smashing Pumpkins, Libertines, Bloc Party, Bring Me the Horizon, Emmure, Tiesto, Daft Punk, Oxid Project, Armen van Burren (butchered the spelling...), I Killed the Prom Queen, and really anyone with some sexy breakdowns.
      WILDs - 38
      MILD/DILDs - 44
      VILDs - 8
      TILDs - 1 (Thirst Induced Lucid Dream, never going through that experience again...)
      Total: 98 - So close to the big 100

Banned
      Big Village, North America
      Toooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool Ftw

I like many bands. Let's see here ... NOFX, My Chemical Romance, Weezer, Relient K, Sanctus Real, Hawk Nelson, All American Rejects, Greenday, The O.C. Supertones, MxPx, Linkin Park, Millencolin, Mest, Hellogoodbye, The Fratellis, Falling Up, Chevelle, The Classic Crime, Cute is What We Aim For, Blink182, Sum41, American Hi-Fi, Pennywise, Alkaline Trio, Sublime, Reel Big Fish, Rufio, Simple Plan, Spiltafield, Sugarcult, Switchfoot, Taking Back Sunday, and tobyMac. I still need to find some more bands to listen to lol.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast