• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Like Tree1Likes

Thread: How long did it take for you to successfully WILD?

The impossible, possible Achievements:
      1 year registered 5000 Hall Points Veteran First Class
      In a land, far, far away

How long did it take for you to successfully WILD?

From when you first started trying to WILD, to when you succeeded your first time, how long did it take? As in days to do it...

FL
      I guess I'm a lucky one. Before I new anything about lucid dreaming a I was able to relize I was dreaming and somewhat control the dream. I had a lot of practise before I even knew the word "lucid".
      I was also doing WILDs with no prior knowlege of what that even was. I jsut thought it was cool and never really told anyone. Although I'm still a little unsure if my frist few WILD experiances were in fact OBEs, thats beside the point.
      Anyway, from the little I've read, it seems like everyone is different. Some people take days to do it. Others may never do it.

DJ Entries
      It took me forever (months and months!), and I still can't WILD at will! My first WILDs were achieved through FILD and DEILD, along with spontaneous recognition of sleep paralysis. As for the traditional method of lying down and staying still... I've only succeeded a couple times, and found that the "staying still" part is optional.

Each person is different, though. Here's to finding the technique that's right for you!
      Abraxas

Quote Originally Posted by OldSparta
      I murdered someone, there was bloody everywhere. On the walls, on my hands. The air smelled metallic, like iron. My mouth... tasted metallic, like iron. The floor was metallic, probably iron

Banned
      difficult to say. I've been lucid dreaming for over a year, but I haven't really tried WILDs very much. When I did try them though, it took me a couple of weeks. Which is very strange for me, cause it's always taken me a lot of time to get techniques right.

Banned
      I still only ever do it by accident. I can do DEILD if I want to and catch it at the right time, but as for real WILDs, I just can't do it yet. Maybe it's because I'm too lazy to wake up to do it

LD Count
      Lots and lots
      Phoenix, Arizona
      first off I find WILD's easiest if your napping around midday I use binaural beats to help induce them and had success after about five tries! the key is to just let yourself go with just the littles bit of awareness. if you're too aware you won't sleep!
      trisdarling likes this.

spam link removed

I've gotten pretty good at wilds. just this morning i did a couple, because i wake up somewhat easily because of light sleep, and it lead to about 6 or 7 lucid dreams cant recall exactly all of them. When i first stated doing them i thought i was having OBEs and eventually realized they were just WILDs...anyway...for me the best way to have wilds is by waking up anytime in the morning and trying to go back to sleep. My technique usually is: lying still while keeping my awareness awake and when i think i'm asleep ill try to slowly move my arm and ill realize that at this point i cant so i mentally try to tumble out of the bed and ill start dreaming of been awake in my bedroom.
      Before you drift off, don't forget. Which is to say, remember. Because remembering is so much more a psychotic activity than forgetting. Federico Garcia Lorca in a poem said that the iguana will bite those who do not dream. And as one realizes that one is a dream figure in another person's dream, now THAT is SELF AWARENESS.

with the power of 28!! seeker28's Avatar
      Idaho, USA; the back end of nowhere.
      When I first tried to WILD I got close, but didn't make it. It took a few days with several tries per day before I got my first one.
      LD tasks of the month completed: 16
      Read some of my writing:
      http://dreamviews.com/community/showthread.php?t=52477

Visit my deviantart gallery:
      http://seeker28.deviantart.com/

took me a few months of practice. i achieved it in steps, slowly learning to meditate, then numbing of the body, then partial sleep paralysis, and then WILD. still have a problem with full sleep paralysis but i first wild by using VILD. remember to let yourself half fall asleep half stay awake, your not going to enter into a WILD fully conscious, but everytime i enter a WILD i am 110% lucid and can do anything... seems as real as real life and beats 95% of my other lucids in quality of vividness, however, that's just me

1/2 man, 1/2 bear 1/2 pig Niddiboy's Avatar
      Northern Ireland
      IM still attempting to WILD, but i dont think ill ever give up hope =P
      Check out my new art post
      Spoiler for OPEN SPOILER FOR SOME OF MY ART STUFF!:

Last night I did it by chance. I woke up from a dream and since I knew I'd still be able to go into REM quickly I just shut my eyes and did it.

LD Count
      Numbers
      Green Mountains
      DJ Entries

I'm not sure if this counts

if it does, it took me 5 months of trying. I woke up today, normally, but didn't want to get out of bed, so I rolled over to go back to sleep. Suddenly I was in a dream and I remembered that I had just rolled over so I must be sleeping. Then I might have summoned my dream guide, but there's a small chance it was an impostor. Regardless, we had a very interesting talk about stuff and randomly throughout the dream my vision started to fade, like when I stand up too fast after sitting for a long time. But I just ignored it and focused on what I could still see until it stopped fading. It wasn't the most action packed LD I've had, but it was definitely the longest.

Usually I try to WILD when I first go to sleep, but I haven't had any success that way. If you have a lot of time in the morning, I think that's the best time to try it.
      "Above All, Love"
      ~Unknown~

Banned
      ohio

None yet. What's kind've funny about that is that I thought wilds would be my main source of lucids. So far it's been DILD my whole life. Oh well, I'll get it one day.

The impossible, possible Achievements:
      1 year registered 5000 Hall Points Veteran First Class
      In a land, far, far away
      Haha last week i tried after i barely woke up in the morning and i didnt try moving at all just focused on it then experienced the whole thing but it only lasted about 15 seconds

Fnarclop!
      Norway
      I haven't counted the days and months since i started but it is a hell of a long time, and i STILL haven't had one. I discovered lucid dreaming when i was bored and browsed through www.howstuffworks.com over a year and a half ago. About a half year later i wrote an essay about dreaming and lucid dreaming. With that essay i got knowledge about WILD andsome other stuff. I think it is a half year after that i discovered DV, though i didn't register. Through the time i knew about LDing, i have tried to do it from time to time, but i got almost no results until i read the WILD-tutorials on DV. After that i have come to SP, but no longer.

chicka-chipow!
      California
      It took me about 2 weeks from when i first discovered what WILD was. I just had to find the technique that worked best for me.
      "All life is an experiment. The more experiments you make the better."

-Ralph Waldo Emerson

The first time I tried to WILD I got it. I was so excited in my dream that I woke up in less than five seconds, though. It was yesterday that I did this and I'm going to try it tonight again to see if I can stay in the dream. I don't know why I got it so fast, though.

Took me about two and a half months, and that was with religious dream journal keeping (about an hour or two a day)
      Obligatory Lucid Dream counterFILDs:1 DILDS 12, WILDS 4

from my very first try I got sleep paralisis and realy vivid imigary.
      I think it was about 3 times after that I had my first short wild, it was the most vivid dream I had experianced at the time.
      now evey time I wild dreams get more vivid and longer.

LD Count
      DI: 23 // 7 :WI
      Ontario, Canada
      DJ Entries
      Took me about 7 attempts until I got it. Tried to WILD again last night, was extremely close, but I was too hot and had to move, and the noise of my central air fan was keeping me from entering the dream.
      "Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising up every time we fail.."
      - Ralph Emerson

I still have yet to achieve it after over a year.

LD Count
      DI: 23 // 7 :WI
      Ontario, Canada
      DJ Entries
      I still have yet to achieve it after over a year.
      How close can you get? Do you get the SP, HI? Random visuals?
      "Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising up every time we fail.."
      - Ralph Emerson

Chi Town
      My first 4 WILD attempts were all successful. Then I had a series of failures. I guess it was beginner's luck. Now I DEILD.
      Forget it! Nobody is going to get him! Long gone. DEVIN HESTER YOU ARE RIDICULOUS!
      -Jeff Joniak after Hester's second return against St. Louis

this man is DIRTY

Between here and there

Don't Remember When

I've been doing it so long that I didn't know it had a name, and I can't remember when it was. I can remember doing it when I was a kid though. I used to lay under the Piano in a pool of sunlight while my grandfather sat and played. I concentrated on the metronome instead of the music and off I went. So I used a steady beat to do it. I'll still use that method to this day, but usually it's a clock ticking that will do it for me. Doesn't matter the time or day, just the beat.
      My dreams allow those around me to live in peace.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast