• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
      Deer Lodge, TN

EILD- Emotion Induced Lucid Dream

Hello everyone and thank you for checking this out.
      My idea came to me last night, as I found an old picture of me and my old friends.. (All girls who I really liked alot)
      I moved away from them, and when I seen it I felt very depressed.. That night I went to bed, kinda happy, weird, sad, and I ended up having 3 LDs. I am not sure if this was just coincidence, but I want to further investigate it..

I haven't really any ideas for an experiment yet, so I am open to suggestions, and other theory's.

Would anyone like to participate in this?
      If you do please fell free to post that you would like to and Ill add your name to this list

Participants
      1.Magical Mike
      I was thinking along the lines of somehow inducing a different state of mind (one that is not normally felt to the person experimenting.. Like for me it was felling happy, and sad at the same time.
      Suggestions Ideas? thanks

Magical Mike
      dilds:21 wilds:34
      WILD Students-
      Eppy

Member Achievements:
      Made lots of Friends on DV Populated Wall Veteran First Class 5000 Hall Points Referrer Bronze Vivid Dream Journal
      LD Count
      México
      DJ Entries
      Idea, ah... name is, already used, here: EILD (Externally Induced Lucid Dream).
      Would like to participate but I'm not that emotive lol

Deer Lodge, TN
      Oh thanks what should I call it then?
      WILD Students-
      Eppy

Banned
      I wouldn't worry about naming it until you've found enough evidence to support that it exists.

Member Achievements:
      Made lots of Friends on DV Populated Wall Veteran First Class 5000 Hall Points Referrer Bronze Vivid Dream Journal
      LD Count
      México
      DJ Entries
      But shift, everyone knows names are the most important part.
      Anyway, it sounds like a special DILD... but, ah, how did the lucids started? Its important to compare results between the participants, right?

Ex Tech Admin Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal Tagger First Class Veteran First Class 10000 Hall Points Populated Wall Referrer Gold Made lots of Friends on DV
      Sunny Scotland
      DJ Entries
      you could call EDILD, emotional depretion induced

Eltit Resu Motsuc Achievements:
      1 year registered Veteran First Class Tagger First Class Vivid Dream Journal 10000 Hall Points
      LD Count
      Counter reset.
      Brasschaat, Belgium
      DJ Entries
      Friend, if I knew how to get out of depression and feel happy, I would have done it a very long time ago.
      Current projects:
      -Acquire the Aurora
      -Test galatamine, huperzine and choline
      -Find smartwatch app for RC reminders at certain intervals
      -Ressurect my dream log here, and become more active

Deer Lodge, TN
      You can use NLP to fell happy!
      www.nlp.com

also, In the the first lucid dream I was dreaming normaly, until I was flying, and I knew I was dreaming..
      Basicaly it might have caused a dream to be more strangwe in wich you can relize you are dreaming..

When I woke up, I guess I just DEILD. But I think the emotions incresed my chances by alot. because I keep LDing after I woke up.
      I like the idea EDILD
      WILD Students-
      Eppy

1 year registered Veteran First Class Tagger First Class Vivid Dream Journal 10000 Hall Points
      LD Count
      Counter reset.
      Brasschaat, Belgium
      DJ Entries
      Woohoo new age self help sites!

I'm looking to seeing the results of your research - if depression really is a factor then think I'll be a master LD'er in no time
      Current projects:
      -Acquire the Aurora

Deer Lodge, TN
      I dont think its depresion, I think it is a change in mental state. So dose anyone wana try this out?
      WILD Students-
      Eppy

LD Count
      Counter reset.
      Brasschaat, Belgium
      DJ Entries
      You don't know me.

What do you want participants to do?
      Current projects:
      -Acquire the Aurora

Deer Lodge, TN
      To do some experiments that I will think up of. Any ideas on possible experiments?

I was thinking
      if one is normaly upbeat find a way to become sad, or fell lonly, Not sure how to guinily induce this though.. Maybe look at some pictures of old friends, or passed relitives.
      WILD Students-
      Eppy

LD Count
      Counter reset.
      Brasschaat, Belgium
      DJ Entries
      If I want to depress myself to the point where I start crying, I listen to music while thinking about a (sad) theme that goes with it. I imagine myself being in an incredibly sad situation. Works 90% of the time.
      Current projects:
      -Acquire the Aurora

Created Dream Journal Tagger First Class Veteran First Class 10000 Hall Points Populated Wall Referrer Gold Made lots of Friends on DV
      Sunny Scotland
      DJ Entries
      i might try it, only thing is that the thing that i think of is so upseting and i hate it, but i can prepare myself then i will.

so when you say a change in mental state, that could mean that if you are usually happy, then be sad. if your usually sad, be happy. maybe even if your usually relaxed, be hyper and vice versa. if that is what you mean, i think you are on to something, because each of my LDs i was in different mental state, and i tend to be able to do anything well in life if i change each time

I've never had a full SP but what I came close to felt pretty similar to an enourmous wave of goosebumps which are usually triggered by a song for me. So I'd suggest watching a movie or listening to music or thinking about stuff like these could help

Sunny Scotland
      DJ Entries
      my only problem is that ill not get to sleep because when i get upset, i dont just get sad thoughts, ill end up crying the whole night, and tear soaked pillows aint comfy.

Deer Lodge, TN
      Maybe, produce a lessened depression, maybe no depressed at all...
      hmmm, Maybe fell super extra happy. what I did was, I got depressed, then I forgot about it, (but it was still in my subconscious) you know what I mean?
      WILD Students-
      Eppy

Sunny Scotland
      DJ Entries
      oh right i see.

and by the way ive thought of a more relevant name than EDILD. i was thinking, CEILD, changed emotion induced lucid dream, or something along those lines

Deer Lodge, TN
      ew, I like that better also well its almost bedtime for me, I am going to try this again tonight, and post my results tomarow xD
      WILD Students-
      Eppy

not on boats
      Oh god the acronyms, make it stop. Why is it that every time some newbie has an idea, the first thing they do is make up an acronym and try to get it accepted by the community, instead of doing something useful?

This wouldn't be such a problem if people didn't then come along, read a post like this, and start talking about 'BBQILD' or 'XILD' or whatever in real topics, as if they were widely accepted and tested induction techniques. All this accomplishes is the confusion of new users.

That said, on topic: 'I went to bed sad and had DILDs that night' doesn't seem very significant.
      Last edited by archdreamer; 12-11-2008 at 07:35 AM.

LD Count
      Counter reset.
      Brasschaat, Belgium
      DJ Entries
      Yea, start using the scientific method (from the tutorials) already to prove your hypothesis!
      Current projects:
      -Acquire the Aurora

Melbourne
      DJ Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by magical mike View Post
      I dont think its depresion, I think it is a change in mental state.
      Quote Originally Posted by Timothy Paradox View Post
      You don't know me.

Lol timothy he was saying that he doesn't think the lucids were due to depression, just his change in emotion. He wasn't saying he think you don't have depression.

Anyway in the first thread Mike, you said it might be a right brain thing that it becomes more active. This doesn't make any sense. Yes, emotions are in the right brain, but lucidity comes from the left brain. The side that deals with logic, figuring things out.
      So I really don't see how emotions can make you lucid.
      Unless you use your reasoning, left brain to get yourself out of depression, then it would become more active. Probably what you were doing when you just pushed it to the back of your mind.
      BUT I don't know how long this would last, like into the night.
      I'll give it a try though, may as well.

Tonight I will make myself really happy. Hmmmm, dunno what I could do though.
      Ok forget about that, tomorrow I will try and I'll go out during the day, do something useful, haven't done that for a while. So at night I'll be happy.

Deer Lodge, TN
      Alright, well...
      I myself am slightly confused on this (Iam not trying to act like I know everything and all that).
      But I tried it again l sat night, I dont think it worked because I dint get a genuine felling of depression..
      Ill try again but with a felling of uhhh weirdness, happy, sad..
      Maybe like fell sad about my old friends but then realize I have new friends.
      I felt really weird that night, I even drew loser on my forehead just to be funny/stupid in the morning, I could act like I dint know what thay were talking about.. I really like acting under hard conditions like that.. things like trying not to smile.. But I am still not for sure why I drew that on my head lol

Also, I am going on a trip this weekend, so I probably wont be able to reply..
      I will keep testing out theorys and hope I get something! Hope someone else finds something out also
      WILD Students-
      Eppy

Sunny Scotland
      DJ Entries
      dont worry about it not working just like that, all techniques dont work every time/straight away

Deer Lodge, TN
      Yeah. your right. I really want this to work out somehow though! lol, even if another method comes out of this discussion that would be great!
      Lets look at everything I did that day close to bed time..
      -Ate a banana moon pie
      -Drank at least 1 cup of Milk
      -Medicines taken
      1.During the day I took an ADHD patch (sticker) called daytrina and I take it off at 7pm and I go to sleep normally at 11)
      2. before bed I take Singular (Alergia) and zertec (alergie)
      -Went through my wallet...
      Found an old picture, of me and my friends.. Felt kinda depressed...
      (Before this, I was acting really goofy trying to stay up later because that night I went to bed at 8PM)
      So I was looking at the picture still felling kinda goofy, but now depressed... I seen a number on the back of the picture, so I wrote on my hand "Call number on back of pic" so I wouldn't forget.
      Then I was board so I wrote reality check on the back of my hand.. then I wrote loser on my forehead lol.. Like I said just to be stupidly funny, and act like I dint know what anyone was talking about)
      -I got in my bed (early)
      -Did a reality check by looking at my watch
      -Went to sleep..
      I fell asleep after about 10 mins of laying there.. In the dream I Was trying to morph into a spider man air plain.. I knew this was unnatural, and immediately knew I was dreaming, I looked at my watch, and the numbers were changing rapidly, and there was a little red light on my watch (Red light is on of my dream signs, sucks its Christmas time now! lol) So I became lucid, from just realizing I was dreaming, due to it being unnatural, then I woke up (atleast I thought) and I dint bother doing a reality check because I was in SP so I Just DEILD, when I reentered the dream, I immediately new I was dreaming.. I was lucid for about 25 mins (as before) and I woke up again.. then DEILD again..

So I am thinking now, it could be kinda like a CAT because I went to bed early, also taking my patch of closer to bedtime (ADHD keeps your mind focused..)
      Maybe a combination of those + the milk, and the goofy fellings.. Also I had a sharpie, not sure if you can really get high on sharpies but that may have caused it also..

(I hope I am goingabout all this right, I read the tutorials and all that)
      WILD Students-
      Eppy

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast