• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views

Page 45 of 45 FirstFirst ... 35 43 44 45
    Results 1,101 to 1,118 of 1118
    Like Tree603Likes

Thread: Raven Knight's Dream Travels

Dream Guardian Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal Made lots of Friends on DV Populated Wall Tagger First Class 5000 Hall Points Veteran First Class
      LD Count
      Hyrule
      DJ Entries
      kewl, and does she look like a regular human or is she actually an anime character? just wonderin
      Raven Knight likes this.
      Friends are people you care about, no matter what.

Goals: Have a shared dream[ ], Meet Saria[?], Zelda[?], and Malon[ ] from Legend of Zelda, visit Hyrule[ ], find my Dream guide[ ], visit the Star Wars galaxy[ ], do a ToTM or ToTY[ ], befriend a dragon [ ], find/create my dream world[ ], forge/find a unique sword[ ], visit Gensokyo[ ]

The Phoenix Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal Tagger Second Class 1000 Hall Points Made Friends on DV Referrer Bronze Veteran First Class
      LD Count
      Where the furry things rule
      DJ Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by Raven Knight View Post
      I followed her out of my bedroom and through the house. I saw a bag of caramel popcorn on the table. I thought that would be the something delicious my mom had been talking about. She said not to touch it, however. She said it was rat poison. Rat poison disguised as candy?
      This reminds me of a game I used to play called Kill Doctor Lucky. It was a Cheap Ass Game til someone bought it. Anyway the goal is to walk around a house and kill Dr. Lucky. But its really hard cause other players hold cards that allow Dr. Lucky to escape! One of my favorite cards as this text: "Rat Poison, I Love Rat Poison!" This made me laugh and be happy, remembering that I do indeed love rat poison!
      Raven Knight likes this.
      Goals: Recall (1 per night) [], Shared Dreams (again) [], Steal a Penguin Egg (from the South Pole) and hatch it []

"Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before."
      Edgar Allan Poe

Dream as if your life depended on it, because reality is... dreams are reality! ~Me

Dream Warrior Achievements:
      Tagger First Class Made lots of Friends on DV Veteran First Class Huge Dream Journal Referrer Silver 10000 Hall Points

DJ Entries

06/03/10 Temple of the Cat Goddess (non-lucid)

I was in a grassy field. I was there with two men and another woman. We were looking around for any markings, any sign we had found our goal. I knew we were looking for an ancient temple. I looked around some of the grassy areas. I finally heard one of the men call from a rocky area that he had found something. I followed the sound of his voice. There was a large stone tablet set into the side of a steep hill. There were two places, one on either side, that looked like they were made for keys. I looked at a paper I had in my hands that I hadn't noticed before. It showed a picture of the same stone tablet. A sword was pointed at each of the 'keyhole' spots on the sides of the tablet. I saw that each of the men had an ornate sword. They both inserted their swords into the holes and turned them. The tablet slid slightly into the hill and then dropped out of sight. We were now looking into a dark passage.

The four of us entered the passage. There were ornate carvings of cats all over the walls. I knew right away that we had discovered the Temple of the Cat Goddess. The other three moved farther into the passage, I was looking at some of the carvings in the walls. They were done with such attention to detail. It must have taken forever to just carve one of those beautiful cats. I was still admiring the carvings when I heard my companions in the next room yelling and screaming. I followed the sounds into the next chamber. The next chamber was lighted by torches on the walls. My companions were being held to the far wall by what looked like vines. I moved towards them, but a gate closed between me and them. The vines visibly tightened.

I could hear a voice speaking from the room around me but I couldn't see anyone. The voice said the treasure of the Cat Goddess was just through the passage to the left. I just had to go claim it and forget about the others. I didn't want to leave my partners, although I didn't know who they were. I told the unseen voice that I wasn't leaving without the others. I moved towards the gate that blocked my way to the others. There were two large were-cat statues on either side of the gate. Both of them moved, blocking the gate with large spears. The voice in the darkness said those people belonged to her, I should take the treasure and go. No way. I said I was taking them with me. The two were-cat statues came fully to life and attacked me. I formed Witchblade into a sword and fought them. They really didn't prove to be that powerful, I dodged a couple of their attacks and then ran my Witchblade sword right through them. They exploded into small pieces of stone and dust. Once they were both defeated, the gate rose. I went over to the others and cut the vines off. All the vines were covered with sharp thorns that had pierced their bodies in many places, creating countless bleeding wounds. I quickly healed them before we could continue…

The group of us then went into the next chamber. As we entered the chamber a strange specter descended on us. It had its arms outstretched and was heading straight for us.

One of the men grabbed a sword off the wall and attacked the specter, swinging his sword in wide arcs. It was like he wanted to fight it but he wasn't sure exactly how to. The specter backed away and made a fending off gesture. It didn't seem to want to attack. The man continued blindly attacking it. Why was he doing that??? I went over to him and grabbed his arm. He turned quickly on me and I thought for a minute he was going to attack me. I told him to stop attacking it. He stared at me like he thought I had gone mad, but he backed off. The specter came back and hovered in front of us. It didn't really acknowledge the fact it had been attacked… Instead it spoke. It said something rather strange. It said that when facing opposition, be sure to recognize the true nature of the obstacle rather than just fighting what it appears to be. The specter vanished.

The other people with me were asking what the fuck that was supposed to mean. I wasn't sure. We continued through the chamber into a large chamber that looked like a throne room. And there we were pounced on. Whatever had pounced on us had some razor sharp weapons and was gone in an instant. It was moving like lightning. I was finally able to get a good look at what was going on… it was a cat girl! A warrior woman who looked to be half human and half cat. She came back and attacked me directly. Witchblade formed a sword and blocked the attack. I counter attacked, but she disappeared in a flash of light and reappeared behind one of the men who was there with me. Her blades cut through his armor top, but she cut just deep enough to make the armor fall off without leaving a single mark on his skin. There was a flash of motion and then the other man's pants fell off… Apparently she liked the idea of toying with her opponents, making them look foolish instead of just killing them.

The cat woman attacked me again, and again I intercepted her attack with Witchblade. She didn't seem angry at that, in fact, she seemed amused. She rebounded from her attack and jumped up on top of one of the large were-cat statues with the grace and agility of a cat. She perched up there and looked down at us, seeming like she was deciding who to attack next. The woman moved, throwing some weapons that looked like throwing stars at the cat woman. The cat woman was gone in a flash and instantly behind the woman. She put a blade to the woman's throat and said that was not nearly good enough. She jumped back into the air without leaving a mark on the woman's neck and landed on the other were-cat statue. I attacked the statue… ran my Witchblade through it, causing it to explode into debris. The cat girl jumped into the air and landed squarely on my head. She leaned over and looked me directly in the face, it was really kind of weird… She said she had expected better from me… and then she jumped back into the air and was gone from sight for a bit before I spotted her on the other were-cat statue.

Ok… there had to be some way to get past her. I remembered what the specter had said… something about the true nature of an opponent. Well, her true nature was that she is a cat girl. What was useful in that? Maybe the cat part… I looked around to see if I could find anything… nothing… and then I formed Witchblade into a long tendril and threw it out onto the ground. The others looked at me like they thought I was nuts. I pulled the tendril slowly back. The cat girl watched the tendril with interest and suddenly pounced on it, grabbing onto it like a cat would grab a string. She turned into a full cat, and continued playing with the tendril. Wow… her true nature… she is first and foremost a cat.

She was a human sized cat, but still a cat. While I used the tendrils from Witchblade to play with the oversized feline, the other people in my group were able to get to the door on the other side of the room and open it. One of the men motioned me to come on. I threw the tendril out for the kitty one more time and then hurried for the door as the cat pounced on the tendril. I followed the others through the door and we closed it behind us.

We were in a garden now. There was a tree in the center of the garden growing strange orange fruits on it. The tree was very large, the trunk itself looked as big as a small house. The tree looked rather sickly. I wondered what was wrong with it. I went over towards the tree, but the cat from the other room appeared in front of us. The cat was between us and the tree. The cat spoke to us telepathically. It was a female voice. She said she was the cat goddess, the temple was hers. She said the tree is the tree of life, it sustains the life in the temple gardens and beyond into the rest of the world. She said we had proven ourselves worthy by getting this far. She said the fruits didn't belong on the tree and must be destroyed to save the tree. She said in return, each of us could select one item from her personal treasure and leave with her blessing. The cat goddess went over towards the tree and sat near it.

I went to the tree and looked up at the fruits. They did look rather sickly. They were orange, but they looked like rotten oranges. I jumped into the tree and started cutting the fruits apart with my Witchblade sword. The two men did the same with their swords. The woman was on the ground throwing her throwing star type weapons at the tree, hitting the fruits with impressive accuracy. Each time a fruit was destroyed, however, there was a small explosion of dark energy. That couldn't be a good thing to have around here in this garden… So every time one of the fruits was destroyed and became a cloud of dark energy, I absorbed that dark energy into myself to keep it from spreading out and affecting anything else. The others didn't seem to notice what I was doing, they were too focused on destroying the rest of the fruits. The cat goddess wasn't so oblivious, though. She saw me doing that and telepathically called out to me to stop doing that, the energy that comes out of the fruits is dangerous. She said she would have to gather it up and contain it, but it is not safe to absorb that. I didn't give any attention to her warning, though, I just continued absorbing the dark energy from the fruits until every last fruit was gone from the tree.

I was focused on The Curse by Disturbed to stabilize the dark energy I had just absorbed. The cat goddess was looking at me strangely. The tree blossomed to life, beautiful flowers blooming all over it. The cat goddess watched me for a bit longer and then finally seemed to accept the fact I hadn't been harmed by the dark energy I had absorbed. She then came over to us. She thanked us for our aid in saving the tree. She said she would now keep her word, and we could each choose a treasure. A part of the tree trunk opened up. The cat goddess indicated we should go in, and she followed us. There was a stairway inside the tree leading down into an underground chamber. There was an unbelievable amount of gold and treasure in the room. Any one piece of that treasure would have unimaginable value… The cat telepathically told us to select any treasure for our own. The other three split up and started looking through the treasures, no doubt trying to decide what they would choose.

I saw something near the far end of the room. I went over to see what it was. There was a transparent container with a black crystal shard inside it. It was a dark shard.

There was dark energy radiating out from it, but most of that was being contained by the transparent barrier. I told the cat goddess I wanted the dark shard. She didn't look pleased with that. She said there were many more valuable items in her treasure… and items that aren't as dangerous. I told her I can keep the shard safe so no one can use its energy for evil. She seemed hesitant, looking at me, then at the shard. I reminded her she had said any treasure, she agreed she had said any treasure and said it was mine, she just hoped I wouldn't regret it. The transparent field disappeared. I reached in and took the shard. I could feel its energy in me. Before I could do anything with that energy, however, I woke.
      "Anything you can imagine is real." - Pablo Picasso.
      "Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake." - Henry David Thoreau

Tasks of the Year Completed: China (Asia)

Member Achievements:
      Veteran First Class
      I find some similarities to a dream I had on the June 3 2010.

It doesn't match in all but the beginning of your dream seems familiar to parts. I didn't really stay around the larger group but walked around doing my own thing instead and then went inside the temple afterwards the others had entered. Taking another path seemingly.
      I remember a girl having a map that I took a quick look at as we entered the grassy field that had grown over the temple grounds before the entrance.
      What I recall is a group went quite quickly to spot the entrance while I walked about the grass grounds with some other bystanders standing about a little. I had a little crazy moment there.
      The entrance was already opened as I found it later.
      And that screaming I heard as I was about to enter seems to fit into what went on your side. Though I perceived it different at the entrance. I saw someone going into another path and then the screams came. Which made me decide not to follow the same path.
      The happenings inside don't coincide all to well though there after.
      Though I did swing around a large sword uncertainly for a bit. I wasn't to sure how to use it. I slashed something that then vanished and heard others call me to stop doing that.
      I don't really recall someone grabbing my arm though.
      Raven Knight and WakingNomad like this.

Created Dream Journal Made lots of Friends on DV Populated Wall Tagger First Class 5000 Hall Points Veteran First Class
      LD Count
      Hyrule
      DJ Entries
      pretty cool dream wish i could join but i still suck at making myself lucid and i don't know how 2 join you or any of the other shared dreamers.
      Raven Knight likes this.

Goals: Have a shared dream[ ], Meet Saria[?], Zelda[?], and Malon[ ] from Legend of Zelda, visit Hyrule[ ], find my Dream guide[ ], visit the Star Wars galaxy[ ], do a ToTM or ToTY[ ], befriend a dragon [ ], find/create my dream world[ ], forge/find a unique sword[ ], visit Gensokyo[ ]

Night Stalker <span class='glow_000000'>Baron Samedi</span>'s Avatar
      LD Count
      honolulu, Hawaii
      DJ Entries
      That's pretty close to how I usually see Asuke / the alternate Asuka, though not exactly. The alternate one has her hair pulled back usually, but I couldn't find a perfect picture of her.
      She looks human to me, with a pink and white t-shirt with a red Japanese dragon on it. And her hair is pulled back in a ponytail.
      ya gwan fok wid de Baron? ye gotta nodda ting comin. (Formerly known as Baking Nomad.)

Tagger First Class Made lots of Friends on DV Veteran First Class Huge Dream Journal Referrer Silver 10000 Hall Points

DJ Entries

06/05/10 Healing the Other Asuka

Note: I fell asleep with some goals in mind. I failed to enter my WILD, but I did have a firm grasp on what my primary goals were for tonight. Goal #1 was to heal the alternate Asuka, goal #2 was to heal S, a user from another dream forum. Unfortunately I failed to enter a WILD…

I was in bed. I rolled over to go back to sleep. I had to pee. Damn. I didn't really want to get up. I sat up in bed and got up. My room seemed so big. I was thinking the room was bigger than I had thought, so I should be able to do better at cleaning. I figured I hadn't really noticed that before because I was too busy. I did a RC just to try to keep in the habit, and I became lucid.

I came out into the hall. Forget using the bathroom… that was not needed in a dream. My first goal, I remembered was to heal the alternate Asuka. MoSh had said he wanted to be there, so my first step was to get to MoSh. My mind wasn't entirely there. I was thinking I had to get to MoSh directly. I went outside and looked around. I would have to find MoSh. I knew he was in Canada… So I would start by flying north. I jumped into the sky and flew to the north, looking down below me. I was making good speed, but it still seemed like it would take too long to get there. Now why was I flying? I opened a portal and flew through into MoSh's inner world…

I was in MoSh's living room. MoSh was kissing Asuka. I thought maybe the timing was bad. MoSh said I was here, and he would be back soon. Asuka told him not to forget her. MoSh came over to me and said he was ready to go. I opened a portal back to my inner world. MoSh and I both went through the portal.

On the other side MoSh said he still thought a mutual healing was a good idea. I wondered if that would set my dark energy unstable… it didn't seem like that should happen. I wasn't completely sure. MoSh seemed to want to do the healing. I told him I wasn't sure what effect it would have on the dark energy inside me, but don't worry about it, I can get it to be stable again quickly. MoSh hesitated a bit. We did the mutual healing, Basara also joined in. The area was filled with golden energy. Golden energy was flowing through all of us. It was a relaxing energy. It felt so warm… Warmer than normal. I wondered if that was in contrast to the dark energy in there. Whether that was true or not, the process went smoothly and nothing felt unstable.

I wondered where the alternate Asuka was right now. I looked around the meadow we were standing in. I walked across it, MoSh was following me. We entered a garden not too far away. I saw there was a woman in the flowers. She was holding some of the flowers and gazing at them quietly.

That was the alternate Asuka. MoSh saw her standing there and got a bit closer. She didn't seem to notice that she was no longer alone. She was still staring at the flowers she was holding. I went closer, too. There was a beautiful butterfly sitting on one of the flowers.

The alternate Asuka was staring at the butterfly as if in a trance of some kind. MoSh was right next to her now and she still hadn't acknowledged his presence. He reached out and touched her on the shoulder. The alternate Asuka looked at him now, with a completely bewildered look on her face. I wondered if she even recognized who he was. She suddenly dropped the flowers, the butterfly flew away, and she threw her arms around MoSh, hugging him tightly. MoSh seemed unsure of what to do, but he pushed her away from him, telling her he wasn't who she seemed to think he was. She looked bewildered for a bit more, then asked if wasn't really Robert L-----… MoSh said yes, that is his name, but… before he could finish his sentence, the alternate Asuka had pulled him into another hug, saying then he was who she thought he was. MoSh pushed her away again, saying he was an alternate version. She didn't seem to understand that, or maybe she just didn't want to. MoSh said he was from a parallel world, not from the alternate Asuka's world. He already has an Asuka. She seemed to finally understand that, said the single word, "Oh," and then sat down on the ground in the flowers. She started picking more flowers, breathing deeply of their scent. Once again she was not acknowledging MoSh's presence.

I went over and joined MoSh beside the alternate Asuka. I used the first song I could think of to use as a healing spell. I used the song Until It Sleeps by Metallica to focus the healing energy, the song starts out with, "From you, I take this pain away…" MoSh was playing something on his guitar. There was more golden healing energy, although this time it was all focused on the alternate Asuka. The songs came to an end. The alternate Asuka got up and finally looked directly at me. She said my energy feels good. She looked over at MoSh. She simply said, "I'm sorry," then she ran off through the field of flowers and was gone from sight when she disappeared into a forest. I wondered where she had gone. I figured she wouldn't be leaving my inner world, so there really isn't anything she can do that would cause any trouble in here. I felt the dream slipping. I told MoSh that. He said something about dilating time. Counting. Counting? Counting what? He said just count and focus on some part of the dream. That's what Walms does… ok… 1… 2… 3… 4… feeling dizzy… 5… woke.
      Last edited by Raven Knight; 06-08-2010 at 01:17 AM.

Always Lucid Achievements:
      Referrer Bronze Vivid Dream Journal 5000 Hall Points Veteran First Class
      <span class='glow_FF0000'>allensig3654</span>'s Avatar
      LD Count
      100+
      Astral
      DJ Entries
      you give me so much motivation. Its like you have two lives. It makes the waking world seem so dull and boring
      Raven Knight likes this.
      Float

Jesus of DV Achievements:
      1 year registered Made lots of Friends on DV Referrer Bronze Veteran First Class 25000 Hall Points 10000 Hall Points Tagger First Class Huge Dream Journal
      <span class='glow_0000FF'>Man of Shred</span>'s Avatar
      LD Count
      Lethbridge, alberta
      DJ Entries
      yeah she was doing that in dreams a few days before... Just completely ignoring me.
      Raven Knight likes this.
      The Best of my dream journal
      http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x15/LucidSeeker/RanmaSig.jpg
      MoSh: How about you stop trying to define everything, and just accept what you experience, and explore it.
      - From the DJ of Waking Nomad!
      Quote Originally Posted by The Cusp View Post
      I'm guessing those intergalactic storm cloud monster bugs come out of sacred energy vortex angel gate medicine wheels.

DJ Entries

06/05/10 Demons Within

… I felt the dream slipping. I told MoSh that. He said something about dilating time. Counting. Counting? Counting what? He said just count and focus on some part of the dream. That's what Walms does… ok… 1… 2… 3… 4… feeling dizzy… 5… woke. I didn't want to wake up, I knew my dream goals weren't completed… So I made an effort not to move when I woke up, couldn't manage that. I rolled over and focused on getting back into the dream. With this in mind I fell asleep… or at least I tried. I sat up in bed, cursing my inability to get back to sleep and back into the dream. To support the habit I did a RC… and found out I was in the middle of a second FA! My first dream had become lucid via FA, and now this one, too! FA chains ftw!

Now that I was lucid I opened a portal back to where I had left MoSh. He was there talking to Serena. He saw me appear. He seemed a bit surprised I had come back. I told him I was in the middle of a nice FA chain. I said I was still lucid, and we could go do that healing on S. MoSh said ok, so I opened a portal to find her. The portal opened, MoSh and I went through…

On the other side MoSh and I were in a creepy graveyard. I looked around and wondered who had declared this to be Halloween… I looked around the creepy graveyard for a bit. There was a small church near the graveyard. It also looked rather creepy. I looked for any sign of S. I finally spotted her kneeling in the back of the graveyard, praying over a single grave. I went over towards her. She stood up and looked over at me. She had a dirty look on her face. She said we should just go away and leave her alone. I didn't pay any attention to what she said, I knew what I wanted to do… the spell song I wanted to use…

" I... I came here by day, but I left here in darkness, and found you, found you on the way," I focused on Silver and Cold by AFI, directing the spell on S, "and now, it is silver and silent, it is silver and cold. You, in somber resplendence, I hold!" I could hear that MoSh was using his guitar and playing a different song that was somehow in perfect harmony with mine. "Your sins into me, oh, my beautiful one, your sins into me! As a rapturous voice escapes, I will tremble a prayer, and I'll beg for forgiveness, (Your sins into me) Your sins into me, oh, my beautiful one!" The goal of the song was slightly changed in my mind now. Before I had focused it on pulling the dark energy out of a person and into the shard on my Witchblade, but this time I just absorbed the dark energy as it came out. MoSh was replacing the dark energy with light energy, and my spell also was putting light energy into S. As Silver and Cold ended, I chained on The Curse by Disturbed to stabilize the dark energy I had just absorbed. It seemed to work well.

S stood up from the grave she had been near. She looked over at MoSh, then over at me. She didn't seem to know what to say… she seemed confused, disoriented. She looked at me again, and then her eyes grew wide. She said I shouldn't expect to harness a wolf with a leash made for a Chihuahua. Wtf? Of course not… the leash would be neither large enough nor strong enough… but what did that have to do with anything. I was feeling strange again, a bit dizzy. With no logic to back it up, I immediately knew I had to kill MoSh. There was no choice in the matter. I turned around and looked at MoSh, but went no farther with the plan to kill him. He was looking at me with genuine concern on his face, which didn't mesh with the 'have to kill him' theory at all, so that thought left as fast as it had come. I was a bit confused as to where the thought had come from. I turned to face S. She was the one around here who likes using mind control… it must have been her. I told her if she ever did that again I would rip her face off and scramble her brains so she could never do it again.

"Raven!" MoSh said, "Are you ok?"

"Yeah," I said, "That fucking bitch tried mind control on me." I still felt dizzy. MoSh was still talking about something forming around me… wtf? The energy in me was feeling unstable again. I repeated focus on The Curse by Disturbed to get it back under control. Focused on that… kept focusing… I heard something like a witch cackling in my head, the type of laugh heard from a stereotypical old hag stirring a noxious concoction in a black cauldron while telling off her evil plans to her black cat. There was pressure in my head, becoming a migraine. I tried to keep focus on The Curse… and finally the pressure was instantly gone. I felt as light as a feather and as free as the wind now. I turned towards MoSh.

"Wow…" I said to MoSh as I turned, "That was a bad case of dark energy indigestion… I wonder if Walms…" I was looking at MoSh now. There was a strange specter, a black specter of a woman, she had glowing white eyes and her mouth was glowing white and she was hovering right behind MoSh, clearly speaking in his ear.

"Get away from him, you bitch!" I yelled at the specter as I moved in to get her off of him. But instead of getting off of him, she turned to a mist and flowed into him along with the air he was breathing. S was standing in silence, she still seemed confused. "NO!" I yelled, "Get out of there!" I ran over to MoSh. I would do another healing spell, draw that thing out of him and back into me. Silver and Cold… but I barely got the song started before MoSh disappeared. I was now standing alone in the graveyard with S. The graveyard was notably less creepy than when MoSh and I had arrived, but I didn't really care about that.

"Your wolf is loose," S said behind me. But what I had seen had been no wolf, it was a demon… and now it was inside MoSh. I had to find MoSh. I focused on opening a portal to find MoSh. Before the portal even opened I woke…
      Last edited by Raven Knight; 06-08-2010 at 02:10 AM.

LD Count
      June-4
      Dragon Lair
      Cool dreams with such nice pics. lol all my pics are small and sucky
      Raven Knight likes this.

Reality is what you make it. Why not make it a dream?
      My very lucid DJ:http://www.dreamviews.com/community/...ad.php?t=97986

DJ Entries

06/05/10 MoSh's Demon

… But what I had seen had been no wolf, it was a demon… and now it was inside MoSh. I had to find MoSh. I focused on opening a portal to find MoSh. Before the portal even opened I woke… Now I was worried about MoSh… about that thing I had seen go into him. There was no way that could be a good thing… I had to get back to sleep and find MoSh and get that thing out of him. I wasn't even interested in the fact I had just chained two FAs together… I just wanted to get to MoSh… Time to go back to sleep. Toss… turn… toss… turn… Might as well get up. Text Nomad? Maybe Nomad could help MoSh? I picked up my phone. I turned it on and tried to send a text message. Each time I pushed a button, however, a strange symbol appeared on the screen. My text message was forming in wingdings font! Wtf? Time for a RC. I was dreaming! That would make my 3rd FA in a row! I was now lucid!

Ok… being lucid is a good start. Since I was already in the dream, now I needed to find MoSh. But how to find MoSh? How to find MoSh? I took a deep breath and forced myself to calm down. It wouldn't do MoSh any good if I freaked out. I first had to find MoSh, and then I had to heal him. I focused on opening a portal to find MoSh. A portal opened. I went through the portal and into another place…

I looked around where I was. It was a desolate place. It looked like there had once been a city here, but it was in ruins. I wondered what MoSh would be doing in a place like that. I needed to find out exactly where MoSh was, so I just closed my eyes and focused on finding him. When I got a feeling of where I needed to go I took to flying. I followed my feeling as I wove between buildings and found MoSh on a back street that was mostly destroyed. There was someone there with MoSh. I landed a little ways away from MoSh. MoSh was kicking the shit out of someone. I got closer to MoSh and saw he was beating the shit out of a Templar. He was kicking the Templar repeatedly, cursing at the Templar. He grabbed a pole and started beating the Templar with that. MoSh looked over at me and paused in the beating. The Templar, beaten and bloody, was trying to crawl away from MoSh. MoSh didn't even look at the Templar as he stabbed the pipe through the Templar's back, no doubt severing the spinal cord and bringing instant death. MoSh tossed the pipe aside and was walking towards me. He didn't look like he was there to say 'hi' to me. He then stopped and turned the other way as if resisting something.

"MoSh!" I called to him, "I'm sorry I let that thing get inside you, I can fix it, though!"

"Just stay away from me," MoSh said back to me, "I don't want to attack you!"

I was directly in front of MoSh now, completely not worried about him attacking me. I immediately focused on the song Silver and Cold by AFI. I had to get that thing out of MoSh. MoSh was just looking at me strangely for the very first part of the song…

"Your sins into me, oh, my beautiful one," I reached the chorus of the song, "Your sins into me! As a rapturous voice escapes, I will tremble a prayer, and I'll beg for forgiveness. (Your sins into me) Your sins into me, oh, my beautiful one…" Now the spell was pulling the dark energy out of MoSh, and I absorbed it back into myself again, right where it had been before it had escaped and latched on to MoSh. The song finished, and I got what felt like all of the dark energy out of MoSh. MoSh looked a bit confused, a bit disoriented. He asked what I had done with that weird specter… I said I had to go. MoSh said he was going to help me. I said I had to go somewhere to stabilize this, or let it out… the dead galaxy was a good bet… so I focused on there and opened a portal. I went through and closed it behind me before MoSh could follow.

So now I was in the middle of a vast… forest?! What the hell was I doing in a forest? This wasn't the dead galaxy… this place was teeming with life. What the hell? I couldn't safely release the dark energy here! Plants, animals, all sorts of life. Instead I put all of my focus on The Curse by Disturbed.

"I've held on too long just to let it go now," I focused on the song, "Will my inner strength get me through it some how? Defying the curse that has taken hold, never surrender, I'll never be overcome!" I focused on that song, on stabilizing the dark energy inside me. It didn't want to work, as if it had a will of its own. But then again it did… that specter hadn't just been energy, it was a conscious malevolent entity… I was trying to absorb its energy, effectively killing it, so of course it wasn't going to just sit there… so I kept focusing on the song. I think I lost track of what was going on around me. But I thought I heard someone there… a familiar voice. Crap… I didn't want this thing to get into someone else! I focused on hanging on to it, I would not let it go. My head might feel like having it split open with a hammer would be a relief, but I would not let it go… even though it was pulling to get away, and pulling hard.

"Damn it," a voice echoed in my mind, "Let go of it!" It was the familiar voice again. I tried to place the voice… Nomad? No. MoSh? No. Tigress? No, it was definitely male. Walms? That thought was interrupted as the thing tried to get out yet again, but I held on to it again. The familiar voice said again to let go of it. It felt like I could… I relaxed a bit and the entity was taken from me. It didn't escape… I could feel that it was taken. The pressure was instantly gone. Now I felt really light headed. There was someone there with me… it was Walms… I knew I was about to wake up. He was asking what had happened with that…

"Fail…" was all I said, "Epic fail…" and then I woke.

The Phoenix Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal Tagger Second Class 1000 Hall Points Made Friends on DV Referrer Bronze Veteran First Class
      LD Count
      DJ Entries
      Is that like the camping epic fails?
      Raven Knight likes this.
      Goals: Recall (1 per night) [], Shared Dreams (again) [], Steal a Penguin Egg (from the South Pole) and hatch it []

"Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before."
      Edgar Allan Poe

Dream as if your life depended on it, because reality is... dreams are reality! ~Me

Member Achievements:
      Made lots of Friends on DV Populated Wall Veteran First Class 5000 Hall Points Referrer Bronze Vivid Dream Journal
      LD Count
      México
      DJ Entries
      Awww, don't worry, dark entities aren't as healty while alive, so it is all ok.
      Raven Knight likes this.

DJ Entries

06/07/10 A Link to the Past

Note: My ability to WILD has really gone down the crapper lately. On the other side, the number of FAs I have that turn into lucid dreams has gone way up. I guess I'm just greedy and I want it all! My plans for this night were to go back to a Legend of Zelda dream MoSh had a ways back and also to find out who it was I released that dark energy entity to last night. The other thing I wanted to do was open that locked book. I have a feeling there are a lot of answers in it if I could just remember to open it!

I was in my car. I was driving down a road. It was snowy out, and I was thinking I didn't have much experience driving in the snow. I was being very careful. I was there to meet MoSh. I was going to pick him up. Then there was a place we were going to explore. An ice cavern, like the one in the video game Legend of Zelda, A Link to the Past. I drove up a winding hill, sure my car would get stuck, but it didn't. I pulled up in front of MoSh's house and got out of the car. I went up to the front door and knocked. MoSh came to the door. He looked at me strangely. I told him I was there so we could go see the cavern that is like the Legend of Zelda. He said that was cool. He followed me out to my car and we both got in.

I started the car and drove back down the hill… or actually I did more sliding down the hill. I slid right into a gigantic pothole. The pothole swallowed the entire car. The car fell downward for quite a ways before crashing to the ground. It hit the ground with much less force than I would have expected, though. I asked MoSh if he was ok, he said yeah, no thanks to my driving. I told him it would have helped to have warning of pothole-zilla. We both got out of the car. The car was totaled. The wheels were now completely flat, and the frame was smashed up quite a bit, too. Great… I wondered if this would raise my insurance payments. MoSh and I went through the only way out of the giant pothole that now looked more like a sink hole… That was through a passage to what I felt was north.

MoSh and I entered an interesting room. There were strange statues in the room, and the floor was practically made of ice. I stepped onto it without looking and immediately fell on my ass. MoSh said to be careful, much of these rooms would be slippery. I said I had noticed that. We entered the room, I was more careful this time. I was wishing I had ice skates… that would be easier… and suddenly I did. I somehow explained that to myself by saying my shoes just convert to ice skates when I need them to… wtf? What an excuse to avoid doing a RC! I skated into the room, MoSh followed me. He didn't seem to be slipping around… I wondered why? Maybe he's just more used to walking on ice since he lives in Canada… As I was about to reach the other side of the room, an ice carving in the wall came to life. I instinctively threw a Damage, Inc. fireball at it and it melted away. That seemed to trigger a door in the left side of the room to open. That was the only other exit, so MoSh and I went through it.

MoSh and I entered another room with a floor of ice… and strange jelly fish like creatures that were floating in the air. MoSh knocked them out of the air with a couple quick martial arts moves, they laid lifeless on the ground. MoSh went over to one of them and picked something up. He showed me what he'd found… it was a key. A golden key. I wondered what that was for. MoSh seemed to know. He took it to a locked door on the north side of the room and unlocked the door. He looked back at me as if to ask what I was waiting for. I skated over and joined him in going through the door.

Stairs led down deeper into the dungeon. Fortunately these weren't slippery. MoSh and I emerged in an ice cave at the bottom of the stairs. A cave led away to the south with branches leading off to the east and west. There was a dead end at both of those side tunnels. It seemed we had reached the end of our travels. MoSh headed down the passage. I skated after him, not sure where we were trying to go. MoSh went around the corner to the west. He found a loose panel in the wall and pushed it. I heard a grinding sound as a portion of the wall slid aside. The passage to the east was no longer a dead end. MoSh went over to that new passage and went into it.

This whole thing was seeming more like a level in the Legend of Zelda than I had realized at first. Weird monsters, a maze like dungeon, hidden switches to open hidden passages… Maybe it would help for me to start thinking as if I was playing a game of Zelda. Think like Link… I followed MoSh into the next room, which was an intersection of passages. Exits to the north, south, east, and west. The other three passages were closed. There were four orbs in the center of the room. All of the orbs were glowing red. I noticed each of the doors was a different color. North was blue, south was green, east was yellow, west was red. Ok… this was a puzzle. I went into the center of the room and touched an orb. It changed color and the red door closed. Ok, when all the orbs were the same color, the door of that color would open. This was complicated by the fact each orb affected the orb to the right of it… I fiddled around with them until they were all green. MoSh and I went south.

In the next room it looked much like the previous one. Another ice chamber, a few decorative statues… but there were strange creatures there attacking us. They looked like small demons or gremlins riding on upside down turtle shells… weird… those shells allowed them to maneuver very well on the ice. They were all attacking us, I had to do skating maneuvers I didn't know I was capable of to avoid them. MoSh and I were able to get rid of them with fire spells. And this seemed to just keep going on. More ice chambers, floating jelly fish, hidden passages and keys… It continued until we entered the largest chamber so far…

In the largest chamber there was creature made entirely of ice, or that's what it appeared to be. Made of ice, the ice was carved out in the form of a… um… I'm not sure what. It had a bull's head, the tail and stinger of a scorpion, eight legs, sharp pincers… um… someone had gone ape with the genetic manipulation… The thing had been standing like a statue, but when MoSh and I entered, it attacked us immediately. Throwing its stinger directly at MoSh, who dived to the side to avoid it. MoSh and I fought the thing using fire spells, which seemed to be the only thing that would affect it. The fire spells slowly melted the thing down until there was nothing left but puddles… but there was something left. There was a man standing there, the ice had apparently been formed around him. He was saying the ice king had been using the ice to control him, but now he was free. I wondered if that was true or an excuse… He opened a door in the back of the chamber.

MoSh and I went into the next chamber. There was a sphere of ice in the center on a stand like a giant crystal ball. In the middle of the crystal ball was a woman. I wondered how she had gotten in there. I figured this 'ice king' person had trapped her there. I figured a bit of fire would get her out… but before I could do that, I woke.

Jesus of DV Achievements:
      1 year registered Made lots of Friends on DV Referrer Bronze Veteran First Class 25000 Hall Points 10000 Hall Points Tagger First Class Huge Dream Journal
      <span class='glow_0000FF'>Man of Shred</span>'s Avatar
      LD Count
      Lethbridge, alberta
      DJ Entries
      nice! when I'm lucid more often, and am successfull with time dilation... i'm going to play the entire game in a dream and beat it. From your description of the boss it sounds more like an ice version of the helmasoar king from the first DW mission in that game.
      Raven Knight likes this.
      The Best of my dream journal
      http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x15/LucidSeeker/RanmaSig.jpg
      MoSh: How about you stop trying to define everything, and just accept what you experience, and explore it.
      - From the DJ of Waking Nomad!
      Quote Originally Posted by The Cusp View Post
      I'm guessing those intergalactic storm cloud monster bugs come out of sacred energy vortex angel gate medicine wheels.

LD Count
      Hyrule
      DJ Entries
      awesome dream, i have that game, but i never bothered to beat it.

Adversary Achievements:
      Tagger First Class Vivid Dream Journal Populated Wall Made lots of Friends on DV 5000 Hall Points Veteran First Class
      DJ Entries
      Hey, sorry it took so long to reply. I was offline for a couple weeks there.

This is what I have come to believe through my guide Q, my guardian Hetfield, my own experience, and interactions with others:

Light energy is not benevolent and dark energy is not malevolent. They are tools, and whether they are good or evil is in how they are used. The biggest problem I have with any energy is when it is unstable. From what I have seen dark energy tends to be more unstable, but it doesn't have to be. I don't know for sure how other people feel when they have an incompatible energy in them. Dark energy tends to be cool or cold, while light tends to be warm or hot. Light energy tends to burn someone who uses only dark energy, while dark energy feels cold to someone used to light energy.
      Ah, sorry. I wasn't suggesting that light and dark necessarily corresponded to good and evil. I meant that the dark energy in your dream was actively trying to hurt you. The light energy in my dream was being used by an allied DC, to keep us both invisible. That's why I called it benevolent, even though I had an adverse reaction to it. Meanwhile, the same DC felt cold when she was exposed to the darkness-based wards in the area.

I think that my perception of warmth or cold depends on the nature of the energy being used, not only on how light or dark it is. I've had a couple dreams lately where an inky black fog tries to attack me, in the form of a ghost or a monster. If I had to describe its energy, it would be "pure fear", and its effects are definitely chilling. My reaction was to absorb the dark energy it was trying to attack me with, but in order to do that I had to transform the "fear" effect (cold) into emotions having to do with anger and hunger (warm).

So... I guess it varies? I'm pretty sure I've seen fire summoned from both ends of the scale.

Problems occur when someone's energy becomes unstable. Light energy is naturally stable and doesn't tend to cause problems and is usually seen as 'good'. Dark energy is naturally unstable, so causes more problems, so it is seen as 'evil'. If someone who uses light energy is infected with dark energy, they go unstable. If someone who uses dark energy is infected with light energy, they also go unstable. If the person uses dark energy and loses control of it, it goes unstable. Instability leads to many problems, physical problems, emotional problems, psychological problems, often leading to negative behavior, violence, cruelty, etc.
      I hear this. I've been having some issues with a "mysterious bright blue energy" that keeps working its way into my dreams, wreaking havoc on my DCs (who usually deserve it, btw). The problem is, I really can't control it very well. I get major glimpses into something absolutely amazing when I tap into the power, and I have the feeling that if I could control it, it would work really well for me. In the meantime, it'll keep destabilizing my dreams and generally causing problems.

I have used the term 'inner flame' to describe the part of a person that allows them to feel positive things, positive emotions. From what I've seen, unstable energy tends to weaken that flame, like a wind blowing through a small fire, maybe even put it out... although there is usually at least a spark of it remaining. Healing spells like the ones I use stabilize the person's energy, no matter what type it might be, so the flame can be strong again.
      You know, I think that might depend on the person, as well as the level of instability in their energies. I think that there's always going to be some inconsistencies in a person's energy (enlightenment nonwithstanding), and I don't necessarily think that's a bad thing. Inner conflict can be good for the soul.

Just a thought. The problem with unstable energies is how easily they can get out of control (it's kind of in the definition). Balance is key?

Then we start getting into balance vs. stability.

Sorry if I have made this too long. A lot of this information is things I have just recently learned / discovered. I can't swear it is accurate, I have learned a lot, but I know there is still a lot left to learn. I used to figure dark energy is what would put out the inner flame, light would save it, but that is not the case, which I have found out by meeting people who use dark energy and their inner flame is strong. Stability is what is key.

So do you use dark energy? And light energy feels cold to you? That is interesting, but maybe how a person perceives the energies might just differ between people. I hope I have made sense here... if I haven't, just ask and I will try to clarify.
      Yeah, I use dark energy. The way I see it, my base state is darkness. Take away everything else, all of the light and ambient energies and superpowers, and I'm left sitting in the dark with the four other senses.

When I look at my energy/aura in dreams, I see soft black and red swirling around each other. The black energy is actually very calming and stable. Usually, the red is too, but I've seen it go spiky a couple of times.

And then there's that light-based blue energy, just to mix things up.

(Possibly I've been playing too many Bioware RPGs?)

Anyway, ambient light energies (that is, things that aren't actively attacking me), can be utterly freezing. This seems to be a side effect rather than anything deliberate. Also, I'm usually pretty close to neutral on the light/dark scale, so it feels more like an allergy than anything really dangerous.

Heh. Looks like I ended up with a really long post, too.

I pick up a half-eaten copy of a book by Neil Gaiman, and decide this is all his fault.

Page 45 of 45 FirstFirst ... 35 43 44 45