• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Like Tree8Likes

Thread: The New Technique, Fool Proof

MY Achievements:
      Referrer Bronze Created Dream Journal Made lots of Friends on DV Tagger Second Class 1000 Hall Points Veteran First Class
      LD Count
      5000+
      US
      DJ Entries

Thumbs up The New Technique, Fool Proof

Hello All,

This tutorial will be quite lengthy so please bear with me.
      A little background info on this tut, and what will be needed, and what it will accomplish.

What you need:
      Any kind of juice/water
      A Plastic cup, *Not a Transparent One*
      A Bit of Imagination
      A Marker

The Placebo Effect:
      http://www.scientificamerican.com/ar...re-in-the-mind

Spoiler for An Excerpt From The Placebo Effect:

Click the link to read more, and a quick overview for the lazy ones:

It is a mental perception of what you are doing, in effort of tricking your body and making yourself believe that you are really doing what you tell yourself you are.

*Quick Note
      - You will need some very strong convincing skills, to manipulate your brain in thinking that it is the real deal, the lucid juice that is.

The TUT
      1. Find A Plastic Cup and set it on the table.
      2. Find some kind of juice in your refrigerator.
      3. Get a marker and write Lucid Juice on the cup.
      4. Close your eyes and tell yourself you are about to make lucid juice.
      5. Take the juice and pour it in a cup.
      6. Now the important part. Close your eyes and really make yourself believe that this juice has something special that will make you lucid. Wave your hands over the juice, and tell yourself that will make you lucid.
      7. Since this should be done right before you go to sleep, drink this juice right before you go to bed.

Please post your results, so you can share the reliability of this technique to others.
      If I was to give it an official name: PEILD (Placebo Effect Induced Lucid Dream)

This technique worked on my brother, who I gave a quick overview of lucid dreaming, and convinced him that this juice would make him lucid.
      He described his lucid dream to be unbelievably awesome.
      It was his first one, and I hope he asks me for "another cup of juice" tonight.

Good Luck all! I am a tough cookie when it comes to lucidity, so I am doing my best with this technique.

This method can be shared, sold, I don't care what you do as long as the credit belongs to me for writing the tutorial.

I have taken the time to write this tut for you, the reader, and I hope you enjoy and try to implement this technique.

Kind Regards,
      -CV
      Last edited by ClearView; 05-03-2010 at 10:50 PM. Reason: Helpful Comments
      AndresLD, Erii and gameoverlord345 like this.
      Having Trouble With Dream Control and Clarity? Reflex Stabilization Technique

Motion Personified Alpha Achievements:
      Referrer Bronze 1000 Hall Points Veteran First Class
      United Kingdom
      DJ Entries
      I thought for a placebo effect to work, you need the subject to be unaware of it being a placebo. xD
      Naiya, tommo and SilverBullet like this.

LD Count
      10 MILDS/WBTBS
      Why do you want to know?
      Same. If you know the juice isn't anything special, it won't work. I see how a placebo can be incredibly effective for lucid dreaming though, since confidence is the single most important thing.
      The burden of proof lies with the one making the claim
      Goals:
      10 Lucids [X]
      Look at my reflection [X]
      Dream sex [X] with climax [X]

Lucid Master of Flight Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal Made lots of Friends on DV 5000 Hall Points Veteran First Class
      LD Count
      untouchable
      The sky
      DJ Entries
      Mr. Deano has it right

Though, you could slowly condition yourself into believing it is indeed "Lucid Juice" and over time it may work.
      It would take some serious self convincing techniques, though you could use it to help others lol

Edit: Also, i laughed my butt off here:
      and I hope he asks me for "another cup of juice" tonight.
      you may want to think about adding the word lucid in front of juice lol, great idea for a tut though.
      PR0G4P4RV18 likes this.

"MementoMori, the lucid machine"

"There's nothing better than knowing what it's like to fly like superman. Being fully aware of the air whipping by you, controlling every movement of every single atom in your body with a single thought. It's real freedom, and there's not a word good enough to describe it, so I'll just call it dreamy for now."

MY Achievements:
      Referrer Bronze Created Dream Journal Made lots of Friends on DV Tagger Second Class 1000 Hall Points Veteran First Class
      LD Count
      5000+
      US
      DJ Entries
      Thanks for the replies guys, I will do my best to edit it to you what you guys have suggested, but I do have some replies.

mrdeano
      I thought for a placebo effect to work, you need the subject to be unaware of it being a placebo. xD
      This is why I stated, that you need a bit of an imagination to do this. However, I missed out the try to convince yourself part. I will add that in,

Though, you could slowly condition yourself into believing it is indeed "Lucid Juice" and over time it may work.
      It would take some serious self convincing techniques, though you could use it to help others lol
      I'm guessing thats why it worked on my brother very well. I guess I should also note, that it's easier to do it to others than themselves..

Maybe I should write like a recipe of things to put in juice that would make you lucid, and not tell anyone that it isn't lucid juice. That may work..

Thanks for all the feedback guys, I love getting feedback so I know what to fix/clarify.

-CV

Lucid Master of Flight Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal Made lots of Friends on DV 5000 Hall Points Veteran First Class
      LD Count
      untouchable
      The sky
      DJ Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by ClearView View Post
      Maybe I should write like a recipe of things to put in juice that would make you lucid, and not tell anyone that it isn't lucid juice. That may work..
      -CV
      Have you saw these?:

They're caffeinated energy drinks sold on thinkgeek, they're "Health Potion" and "Mana Potion" lol

you could call yours "Lucid Elixir"

"MementoMori, the lucid machine"

"There's nothing better than knowing what it's like to fly like superman. Being fully aware of the air whipping by you, controlling every movement of every single atom in your body with a single thought. It's real freedom, and there's not a word good enough to describe it, so I'll just call it dreamy for now."

Central Florida
      Drink some bawls!

Anyway. It's a cool concept and it could work if you have a big imagination and willpower
      It's a mad world.

LD [2]
      Goals: Find DG [ ]
      Fly[x]
      Formerly known as: MadWorld

MY Achievements:
      LD Count
      5000+
      US
      DJ Entries
      Which is exactly, what I wanted the reader to understand. Thanks for clarifying.

-CV

Member Achievements:
      5000 Hall Points Made lots of Friends on DV Tagger First Class Veteran First Class Vivid Dream Journal
      LD Count
      Canada
      DJ Entries
      I bring you good news
      I prepared myself my little "lucid potion" yesterday, drank it an hour before going to bed,
      and I had 2 DEILDs this morning !
      Now, I think PEILD is more like an aid, rather than a technique, just like WBTB.
      Because you don't really become lucid after drinking it, you just hope you will have a LD the night you drink it, in my case they were 2 DEILDs, aided by PEILD
      Spoiler for Goals:

MY Achievements:
      LD Count
      5000+
      US
      DJ Entries
      Wow! Great Job AndresLD, thanks for the feedback and I'm happy that my technique worked for you.
      I'm still trying it and I am almost there, I've gotten very close to lucidity with this method, and I know I will finally get it by the end of this week.

-CV
      AndresLD likes this.

Member Achievements:
      5000 Hall Points Made lots of Friends on DV Tagger First Class Veteran First Class Vivid Dream Journal
      LD Count
      Canada
      DJ Entries
      Anytime ! Thanks to you actually, so far it has worked 1 time out of 1 try !
      I'm about to prepare my lucid potion for tonight!
      Spoiler for Goals:

Very nice I have thought about the placebo effect myself since it will take ne awhile to convince myself I will try this on my mother tonight and report the results tommorow
      Last edited by gugvg; 05-05-2010 at 04:41 AM.

MY Achievements:
      LD Count
      5000+
      US
      DJ Entries
      Hehe, after it works on your mom, make sure you try it on yourself

It's not the same as sharing lucid dreaming with another person, then having one yourself. Trust me.

-CV

¿ƃuıɯɐǝɹp noʎ ǝɹɐ Achievements:
      1 year registered 5000 Hall Points Veteran First Class

New Zealand
      THanks for this thread, CV. It's a good idea. I might give this a go, however I have already trained myself to have a lucid dream on any night I want so I won't know if it's working or not. However, I do believe your method is a good one. The reason being, I have often wondered if I can get lucid whenever I want simply because I believe I can. I think confidence and truly believing it will happen has a lot to do with the ability to get lucid.

Nice idea

imj
      Hello All,

This tutorial will be quite lengthy so please bear with me.
      A little background info on this tut, and what will be needed, and what it will accomplish.

What you need:
      Any kind of juice/water
      A Plastic cup, *Not a Transparent One*
      A Bit of Imagination
      A Marker

The Placebo Effect:
      http://www.scientificamerican.com/ar...re-in-the-mind

Spoiler for An Excerpt From The Placebo Effect:

Click the link to read more, and a quick overview for the lazy ones:

It is a mental perception of what you are doing, in effort of tricking your body and making yourself believe that you are really doing what you tell yourself you are.

*Quick Note
      - You will need some very strong convincing skills, to manipulate your brain in thinking that it is the real deal, the lucid juice that is.

The TUT
      1. Find A Plastic Cup and set it on the table.
      2. Find some kind of juice in your refrigerator.
      3. Get a marker and write Lucid Juice on the cup.
      4. Close your eyes and tell yourself you are about to make lucid juice.
      5. Take the juice and pour it in a cup.
      6. Now the important part. Close your eyes and really make yourself believe that this juice has something special that will make you lucid. Wave your hands over the juice, and tell yourself that will make you lucid.
      7. Since this should be done right before you go to sleep, drink this juice right before you go to bed.

Please post your results, so you can share the reliability of this technique to others.
      If I was to give it an official name: PEILD (Placebo Effect Induced Lucid Dream)

This technique worked on my brother, who I gave a quick overview of lucid dreaming, and convinced him that this juice would make him lucid.
      He described his lucid dream to be unbelievably awesome.
      It was his first one, and I hope he asks me for "another cup of juice" tonight.

Good Luck all! I am a tough cookie when it comes to lucidity, so I am doing my best with this technique.

This method can be shared, sold, I don't care what you do as long as the credit belongs to me for writing the tutorial.

I have taken the time to write this tut for you, the reader, and I hope you enjoy and try to implement this technique.

Kind Regards,
      -CV
      Any technique that uses placebo, imagination or convincing oneself that something works isn't going to last past 2 nights. Because the mind gets tired of the idea. How are you going to maintain the same energy level night after night after night?

IMJ

MY Achievements:
      LD Count
      5000+
      US
      DJ Entries
      IMJ, I do not understand where you are coming from with the energy level. But the mind would not get tired of the idea, quite the contrary. It gets into a routine of having the "lucid" drink every night, so technically, after a habit is developed all you would need to do is drink whatever you were drinking to induce a lucid. Do you see where I'm going? If you drink something like Milk for the lucid juice before you go to bed, its positive in all ways possible. Helps Bones, builds calcium, and LDS!

Thanks DreamQueen, you are really lucky. I've been trying to teach myself to lucid dream at any time.. Not going well so far. Not giving up though.

-CV

Member Achievements:
      Tagger First Class Vivid Dream Journal Veteran First Class 5000 Hall Points
      LD Count
      a bunch
      DJ Entries
      Mrdeano is right in his comment. the technique may have worked better if you stated that a particular type of juice is great for inducing lucid dreams if you have it before bedtime. Then you could have made some elaborate scientific lie about why it works. Self-deception is a bizillion times harder than being deceived by others, and the technique that you are proposing is that someone ought to deceive themselves into believing something that they know is a placebo, actually isn't a placebo and is really somehow effective via means of placebo.
      If someone succeeds with the technique then there is a good chance that their belief in the 'lucid potion' is reinforced. But if you fail, it takes even more self-deception to make the technique work.
      Reality Check
      Spoiler for lucid dream goals:

MY Achievements:
      LD Count
      5000+
      US
      DJ Entries
      JesterKK, this is why I have specified that you need to be good at convincing yourself. I am not stating that it's easy to do this technique, but you can always try to convince yourself.

-CV

imj
      IMJ, I do not understand where you are coming from with the energy level. But the mind would not get tired of the idea, quite the contrary. It gets into a routine of having the "lucid" drink every night, so technically, after a habit is developed all you would need to do is drink whatever you were drinking to induce a lucid. Do you see where I'm going? If you drink something like Milk for the lucid juice before you go to bed, its positive in all ways possible. Helps Bones, builds calcium, and LDS!

Thanks DreamQueen, you are really lucky. I've been trying to teach myself to lucid dream at any time.. Not going well so far. Not giving up though.

-CV
      I know what you mean...I'm just saying that after a while the mind gets used to the idea and brushes it aside as normal everyday life. It works now because it's still new and has high enthusiasm from the dreamer but will wane when he gets used to the novelty of the idea. I tried many things like that...lights, pills, redbull....they all work once or twice then fizzel off when I start to feel comfortable with the idea that it works..... But if you say it works for you...then I guess it does everyone's different....

IMJ

MY Achievements:
      LD Count
      5000+
      US
      DJ Entries
      Hehe, yeah I see.
      But once a habit starts its hard to set off.

-CV

(Only Requires Patience)

imj
      Hehe, yeah I see.
      But once a habit starts its hard to set off.

-CV

(Only Requires Patience)
      That's true...habit does set in, can't deny that. It's habit to keep wanting to lucid dream and I still do have them if I'm not too tired like I had one while I was confined to the bunker while in the army cause I had the cold for 3 days. So noone was in the room except me and it was napping all the way. Wish I had that nice lucid dreaming environment of the room again.

IMJ

MY Achievements:
      LD Count
      5000+
      US
      DJ Entries
      Hehe. Thats fun and not fun at the same time.
      -CV

Member Achievements:
      Made lots of Friends on DV Populated Wall Tagger First Class 5000 Hall Points Veteran First Class Referrer Bronze Made Friends on DV Vivid Dream Journal
      LD Count
      Lost count
      California
      DJ Entries
      When I try and teach my yunger nephue in the future I will try this and I belive it will work very well on him because he can be gulable. I will try it tonight for the heck of it. I usualy drink water at night and when I drink propel or tea and forget its not water its a suprise at first. Maby if I wake up at night and drink some propel out of a water bottel and be like wait whats this then look at the label that says lucid juice, I can get it to work lol.

MY Achievements:
      LD Count
      5000+
      US
      DJ Entries
      haha, sounds like a plan MadMonkey.
      Good Luck!
      -CV

Member Achievements:
      Made lots of Friends on DV Populated Wall Tagger First Class 5000 Hall Points Veteran First Class Referrer Bronze Made Friends on DV Vivid Dream Journal
      LD Count
      Lost count
      California
      DJ Entries
      Meh it didn't work. I tried drinking it at 4:00am and tricking my self but its just to hard. I still know its just propel. It would still work on other people though.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast