• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views




    Results 1 to 12 of 12
    Like Tree1Likes
    • 1 Post By ruba

    Thread: Time control: possible in another way

    1. #1
      trolltem. ruba's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 2010
      Gender
      Posts
      217
      Likes
      23
      DJ Entries
      3

      Time control: possible in another way

      There's a lot of discussion whether time control is possible in dreams. Most plausible is: our brain is not capable of processing everything x times faster (so that would be time control relative to RL time, slowing RL time down), therefore it's not possible.

      However, I figured there's another "kind" of time control, and it's gotta be no problem to our brain. "in-dream environment" time control. And I think (I still gotta try) we would have the following possibilities:

      - 1x to 0x speed (so one would just sorta "pause" the environment, meaning everything the dreamer sees doesn't move, but he/she can move around.
      - Slowing things down (0.5x speed) by just slowing down the environment. Our brain is perfectly capable of it, think of it as imitating someone getting slow-mo punched in the face when you were at the primary school. Everything gets slowed down, except you. This would enable one to make awesome matrix-style moves
      - Jumping back in time. I think this is clear to everyone. Just going back a few second to a few minutes back in times, with either the dreamer staying at the same place or returning to his/her position back in time

      I don't know for sure, but with a little bit of imagination one could also go forward in time.

      A time-controlling-device would make things even easier.

      It all sound pretty easy to me but it might turn out quite tricky. Let the first one who gets to try it out post the results
      Maybe it's a very stupid suggestion because it's already very common known

      Anyway,
      Let me know what you think. Correct me if I'm wrong with anything.
      All experiences portrayed in this game are for entertainment purposes only.
      In the real world refrain from using superpowers, obey the laws of physics and be sure to always wear your seatbelt.

    2. #2
      Member
      Join Date
      Mar 2004
      Gender
      Location
      Wisconsin
      Posts
      229
      Likes
      5
      DJ Entries
      11
      well here is something too, i know everyone is going to jump on this but this is just what i think. their imaginatio is the limit. but what if you were to start an LD and then somehow reversed the time to go bck to the beginning of it. who said that time has to go foward in real life? how do you know it won't go back with your dream? maybe our bodies are capable of doing things when we sleep that we otherwise put a limit on when we are awake. just a theory.
      Adopted by ffx-dreamz


      DILDs- [19]
      WILDs-[1/2]

    3. #3
      trolltem. ruba's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 2010
      Gender
      Posts
      217
      Likes
      23
      DJ Entries
      3
      Quote Originally Posted by pdiddles03 View Post
      who said that time has to go foward in real life?
      Have you, sir, ever personally experienced time going backwards IRL?
      I don't really get your point, sorry
      All experiences portrayed in this game are for entertainment purposes only.
      In the real world refrain from using superpowers, obey the laws of physics and be sure to always wear your seatbelt.

    4. #4
      Member
      Join Date
      Jan 2009
      Gender
      Location
      Canada
      Posts
      298
      Likes
      15
      Quote Originally Posted by ruba View Post
      Have you, sir, ever personally experienced time going backwards IRL?
      I don't really get your point, sorry
      , yeah, I believe he's onto something completely different from yours.
      A Night Away.

    5. #5
      Member Achievements:
      1000 Hall Points Veteran First Class
      Skicanoe's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 2009
      Gender
      Location
      western Michigan
      Posts
      63
      Likes
      4
      I'd love to be able to explore a scene from the past, even as a non-interactive ghost like visit. I have a friend who claims to have done such on occassion.

    6. #6
      trolltem. ruba's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 2010
      Gender
      Posts
      217
      Likes
      23
      DJ Entries
      3
      Yeah that would be cool too, but what I meant is you basically you go back in time a certain amount of time within the timeline of your dream, so one would see a car explode and want to watch again, and simply go back in time.
      All experiences portrayed in this game are for entertainment purposes only.
      In the real world refrain from using superpowers, obey the laws of physics and be sure to always wear your seatbelt.

    7. #7
      Member Banana King's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 2009
      Gender
      Location
      Stockholm, Sweden
      Posts
      201
      Likes
      4
      DJ Entries
      10
      I once stopped time in a lucid dream. It was funny because I was trying to teleport behind some guys but I've not mastered teleportation yet. So I figured stopping time and getting behind them was the same thing. Then I thought that I'd stop all movement because I see that as stopping time. But I could still move around
      Remember. Nothing is true and everything is permitted.

    8. #8
      Member Madbagel's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 2010
      Gender
      Posts
      31
      Likes
      2
      DJ Entries
      1
      Compared to the things that have happened before in dreams, I honestly see no reason why our brain wouldn't be capable of processing all of that. It seems totally plausible to me.

    9. #9
      trolltem. ruba's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 2010
      Gender
      Posts
      217
      Likes
      23
      DJ Entries
      3
      Quote Originally Posted by Madbagel View Post
      Compared to the things that have happened before in dreams, I honestly see no reason why our brain wouldn't be capable of processing all of that. It seems totally plausible to me.
      I didn't say that, however I mentioned in the first line of the thread,
      There's a lot of discussion whether time control is possible in dreams. Most plausible is: our brain is not capable of processing everything x times faster (so that would be time control relative to RL time, slowing RL time down), therefore it's not possible.
      What I meant with that: Our brains wouldn't be capable of having a 4 hour dream which lasts 1 hour in RL.

      Quote Originally Posted by Banana King View Post
      I once stopped time in a lucid dream. It was funny because I was trying to teleport behind some guys but I've not mastered teleportation yet. So I figured stopping time and getting behind them was the same thing. Then I thought that I'd stop all movement because I see that as stopping time. But I could still move around
      Sounds cool
      Banana King likes this.
      All experiences portrayed in this game are for entertainment purposes only.
      In the real world refrain from using superpowers, obey the laws of physics and be sure to always wear your seatbelt.

    10. #10
      Member
      Join Date
      Oct 2009
      Posts
      6,310
      Likes
      2026
      In my opinion, it's not possible to slow down real time in dreams. But it is possible to make things seem slow. If I want to slow down time in my dream, I just imagine things going slower, sort of like passive control.

    11. #11
      Member Banana King's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 2009
      Gender
      Location
      Stockholm, Sweden
      Posts
      201
      Likes
      4
      DJ Entries
      10
      Quote Originally Posted by ruba View Post
      What I meant with that: Our brains wouldn't be capable of having a 4 hour dream which lasts 1 hour in RL.
      Why not? In the movie "Waking life" they talk about the last dream which is when you die and everything breaks down. For 12 RL minutes or something you dream because the brain is the last thing to shut down. And in those minutes the dream would seem longer. Even like years. I'm not an expert but I have experienced a lucid dream that seemed to last for like a day. I kept "spawning" after a while in the same place.
      Remember. Nothing is true and everything is permitted.

    12. #12
      Night Stalker <span class='glow_000000'>Baron Samedi</span>'s Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2009
      LD Count
      999
      Gender
      Location
      honolulu, Hawaii
      Posts
      5,863
      Likes
      2263
      DJ Entries
      476
      If you move really slowly in a dream, sometimes it tricks the other person into thinking time is slowing down, but you have to get them to focus on you.
      ya gwan fok wid de Baron? ye gotta nodda ting comin. (Formerly known as Baking Nomad.)

    Bookmarks

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •