• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views

Like Tree5Likes
    • 2 Post By RealityEnds
    • 3 Post By Lynn

Thread: is this a good method.

LD Count
      United States

is this a good method.

so, a couple of nights ago I was chilling, my computer on my lap, listening to music. I suddenly thought to myself, pretend you're dreaming, and that it just dawned on you, now you're lucid and very aware. Well I'll be dammed, last night I dreamed of that same thing, but I didnt become lucid! But that gave me an idea for a personalized induction method. During the day when I'm awake, I'll focus intensely on a situation and say, pretend you're dreaming. Then, when I'm dreaming, this exact situation will occur, and THAT, will tell me, I'M DREAMING!

I have a feeling this is already a known method, (it must be a type of DILD) but I feel like its been personalized to me and I'll have success with it. I came very close last night.
      Erii and Neptoid93 like this.
      "I had a dream...crazy dream. Anything I wanted to know, any place I needed to go"

Bird Brain Achievements:
      Tagger First Class Populated Wall 10000 Hall Points Referrer Bronze Veteran First Class Vivid Dream Journal
      LD Count
      Lost count.
      DJ Entries
      Pretending that you're dreaming, in my opinion, might not really assist you in having LDs.
      It's like sometimes when you're not lucid in a dream, even you're talking to someone about how to become lucid, or saying something like, "yup, I have seven fingers so I'm not dreaming". You can also go about the dream "knowing" that you're dreaming, without actually being conscious and aware, which is pretty pointless.

But if it does work for you, please post more!
      We all live in a kind of continuous dream. When we wake, it is because something,
      some event, some pinprick even, disturbs the edges of what we have taken as reality.

Vandermeer

SAT (Sporadic Awareness Technique) Guide
      Have questions about lucid dreaming? DM me.

I've Returned Achievements:
      Referrer Bronze Populated Wall Made lots of Friends on DV Veteran Second Class 10000 Hall Points
      USA
      Well, this is a great method! I can't believe I have never thought of this! I have one little tweak that should make it work, though. Do a RC after those "pretend dreams" that you have. Do it every time and keep it as a part of that routine. That should round off the technique and almost guarantee success with your new technique! It could potentially be a form of a RC, but I don't think it quite fits into the category. Name suggestion: PILD (Pretend Induced Lucid Dream)

Great method, and I encourage you to further develop it!

LD Count
      United States
      Quote Originally Posted by Puffin View Post
      Pretending that you're dreaming, in my opinion, might not really assist you in having LDs.
      It's like sometimes when you're not lucid in a dream, even you're talking to someone about how to become lucid, or saying something like, "yup, I have seven fingers so I'm not dreaming". You can also go about the dream "knowing" that you're dreaming, without actually being conscious and aware, which is pretty pointless.

But if it does work for you, please post more!
      Let me clarify. It's not simply pretending that I'm dreaming. Its more like, I imagine that I'm going to be doing this same thing within a dream, which cements this into my memory. Then when I'm dreaming I remember it, it happens, and I realize I'm dreaming, because it reminds me of waking life. Hopefully this connection will allow me to be very aware and reach a high level of lucidity. I really appreciate your input though, and also ask what methods you use to become lucid.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowboy View Post
      Well, this is a great method! I can't believe I have never thought of this! I have one little tweak that should make it work, though. Do a RC after those "pretend dreams" that you have. Do it every time and keep it as a part of that routine. That should round off the technique and almost guarantee success with your new technique! It could potentially be a form of a RC, but I don't think it quite fits into the category. Name suggestion: PILD (Pretend Induced Lucid Dream)

Great method, and I encourage you to further develop it!
      The reality check is a great addition snowboy, thank you so much for the input.
      "I had a dream...crazy dream. Anything I wanted to know, any place I needed to go"

Bird Brain Achievements:
      Tagger First Class Populated Wall 10000 Hall Points Referrer Bronze Veteran First Class Vivid Dream Journal
      LD Count
      Lost count.
      DJ Entries
      I think I understand now; is it like premeditating what you're going to do within the dream and when you do it, you'll remember that you're dreaming? That could work!

(Myself, I just use awareness - I truly question if I'm dreaming or not, barely doing any RCs and not using dream signs, which has worked well so far.)
      We all live in a kind of continuous dream. When we wake, it is because something,
      some event, some pinprick even, disturbs the edges of what we have taken as reality.

Vandermeer

SAT (Sporadic Awareness Technique) Guide
      Have questions about lucid dreaming? DM me.

LD Count
      United States
      Yea, thats pretty much exactly how I think it works. I feel that a higher level of concentration while I'm doing what I want to happen in my dream would be helpful. What I did originally was try to imagine my state of mind when I realize I'm dreaming, really focus on it. I looked at my hands, which I dont think I did during the dream, but people always say look at your hands to stabilize a dream.

Member Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal Tagger Second Class Made lots of Friends on DV 1000 Hall Points Veteran First Class
      LD Count
      DJ Entries
      Well, that is correct. But, when you say to yourself that you are lucid, you should then think of your dream goals, maybe this will help. Also, once you pretend you are, as soon as that word comes up, look for dream signs, so that you will see.
      Last edited by Lynn; 01-16-2011 at 11:44 PM.
      Snowboy, RealityEnds and Erii like this.

I've Returned Achievements:
      Referrer Bronze Populated Wall Made lots of Friends on DV Veteran Second Class 10000 Hall Points
      USA
      Quote Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
      Well, that is correct. But, when you say to yourself that you are lucid, you should then think of you dream goals, maybe this will help. Also, once you pretend you are, as soon as that word comes up, look for dream signs, so that you will see.
      Nice addition to the technique. +1 points.

Member Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal Tagger Second Class Made lots of Friends on DV 1000 Hall Points Veteran First Class
      LD Count
      DJ Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by Snowboy View Post
      Nice addition to the technique. +1 points.
      Thank you!

Member Achievements:
      Made lots of Friends on DV Referrer Bronze Populated Wall Tagger First Class Veteran First Class 10000 Hall Points
      LD Count
      4 ish a week
      this sounds interesting.
      I highly doubt I can recreate a situation in a dream just because it happened earlier (that's never really happened to me), but you are on a good track!
      it is some sort of a reality check, but not.
      Like just at random times, make it dawn on you that "you are dreaming" (just to re create a situation like when you are in a dream, and realize it), be surprised, do an RC and act happy like you do when you actually do get an LD.
      This sounds extremely interesting, I think I'm gonna start doing this throughout the day.
      you are helpful my friend!
      From my rotting body,
      flowers shall grow
      and I am in them
      and that is eternity.
      -Edvard Munch