• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views

Like Tree2Likes
    • 2 Post By Sivason

Thread: Just stating? You may already be there, and not know it.

Administrator Achievements:
      1 year registered Made lots of Friends on DV Veteran First Class 10000 Hall Points Stickie King Vivid Dream Journal Referrer Bronze
      LD Count
      2500ish
      Idaho
      DJ Entries

Just stating? You may already be there, and not know it.

Every one should attempt to initiate the dream. The WILD procedures may end up causing you to not know you are in a lucid dream. If you focus on the WILD process after you reach SP you may hit a lucid state and not realize it.
      When you have reached a place, where you would have to focus to move your hand you are in the first state of SP; you could move but not with out mental effort.
      Don't worry about SP after that. Begin at that point just start pretending you are in a lucid dream. You need to initiate the dream! Not just hope for it to happen. I find feeling like you are moving in the mind is easier than bringing up a visual experience. Try to picture you are walking, or some movement that is easy for you to picture.
      Here is the point in this thread, as soon as it would be an effort to move, start watching for a dream to start. In the mean time you will be able to use trying to feel as if you are doing something, like you would use breathing or mantras. What for it! You may have been all the way to a begining of a LD, but not realize it because you are waiting for something visual to happen.
      If you start being able to daydream in a vivid way, of the feeling involved in the motion you have focused on, Then you can walk write into the first stages of REM as soon as it starts. You must keep thinking about this being a dream. Build up your imagination, try to see something basic, like your hands. If you then get blurs and shadows to move around when you try to look at your hands, you are doing it right.
      You are probably in a lucid dream by this state, just a very very mild one. Now, nurse it alond slow. Feel yourself walking and look at anything you can picture you may see in a dream. You will now start to see images arising.
      Don't break it by getting excited. WILDs take patients. You are hopefully less aware of your body now, but may still be thinking rationally. Just keep up a simple simulated feeling of walking and any other motion you want while causualy watching the field of vision go in the first stages of HH. As soon as you really feel like you are doing an action and are seeing blurs, you have actually entered a weak LD. Just gently picturing what you should be seeing, like a forest trail.
      At this point you may suddenly realize you are in an actual dream! Then do all the things you have learned about like your RC and stabilizing. Have fun.
      Last edited by Sivason; 03-07-2012 at 06:19 AM.
      Ibis and Huntstreet like this.
      Peace Be With You. Oh, and sure, The Force too, why not.

"Instruction in Dream Yoga"

LD Count
      230+ since 2009
      DJ Entries
      Good tips.
      Focusing on the imagined sensation of moving my arms and hands helps lead me into a lucid dream.
      This morning while attempting a WILD, I thought I was still awake and rolled over to my side. I then woke up a bit and realized I hadn't physically moved at all.
      It's all in your head.

My Dream school experiences

LD Count
      Thanks for the tips, i'm gonna start wilding again... one question though -
      I normally wake up after 4:30 hours of sleep, is this a bad time to wild? I guess the sleep cycle has just restarted and rem wont come in until about 5:30 or something, wouldnt it?

1 year registered Made lots of Friends on DV Veteran First Class 10000 Hall Points Stickie King Vivid Dream Journal Referrer Bronze
      LD Count
      2500ish
      Idaho
      DJ Entries
      I have good enough luck after 4 hours sleep, but much better luck at the 6 hour point.

LD Count
      Thanks, whenever I get up at 6 on work nights I fail to get back to sleep, will have to leave that till the weekend...

LD Count
      USA
      DJ Entries
      Great stuff right there. I got to the point during my nap today where I thought I couldn't move my hands. Then I got excited and, well you read my thread. But I'll use these tips to my advantage!

LD Count
      2500ish
      Idaho
      DJ Entries

Sleep Paralysis

Quote Originally Posted by sivason View Post
      When you have reached a place, where you would have to focus to move your hand you are in the first state of SP; you could move but not with out mental effort.
      Don't worry about SP after that.
      I am reading alot of posts lately where people seem a little confused about what to expect from SP and how to induce it. The stuff you hear about that sounds extreme, is a bit of a medical disorder that most people do not have. Some people are unable to move and get scared, but for most people it is not a very intense paralysis. You may get to SP and never think you made it. Here is the thing, you will almost always be ABLE to move in SP if you focus on doing so, but, you are likely to break SP if you do! SP for me is just, when I get the heavy feeling of sleep relaxation, and a casual thought about scratching my nose is not enough to make it happe., I can still by making concious effort make my arm work. If you are in a dreamy state and start to have dream like drifting awareness or seeing odd colors or feel tingling strange vibrations you are probably in SP! Don't move to test this! If you move and are not skilled enough you will break back out of SP. It feels like any move would take your focus. If you need to move and are getting a feel for it, you may be able to gently and gradually move to scratch or turn or shift and not break SP.
      My whole point here is you have probaly reached SP and not known it, because you are looking for a true rigid paralysis, and as soon as you try to test it, you break the SP.
      Last edited by Sivason; 03-18-2012 at 05:55 AM.