• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views




    Results 1 to 11 of 11
    Like Tree4Likes
    • 1 Post By ShadowLilla
    • 2 Post By Skipper1100
    • 1 Post By ShadowLilla

    Thread: Is Life a Simulation?

    1. #1
      Member Achievements:
      1000 Hall Points Referrer Bronze Made lots of Friends on DV Veteran Second Class
      DanielLove's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 2014
      Gender
      Location
      London UK
      Posts
      221
      Likes
      578

      Is Life a Simulation?

      I've always found the idea of the simulation theory absolutely fascinating, especially how it connects so closely to our experiences as lucid dreamers.
      I'd be fascinated to hear what you guys think of it all. Is it plausible, or is it just a modern version of religious thinking?

      I've made this video to get the conversation started, hope you enjoy it...


    2. #2
      Member Achievements:
      1000 Hall Points Made Friends on DV Created Dream Journal Veteran Second Class

      Join Date
      Jun 2012
      LD Count
      86
      Gender
      Posts
      567
      Likes
      244
      DJ Entries
      1
      you could ask," Is our experience of life a simulation?", then the answer would clearly be yes, as any lucid dreamer should know.

    3. #3
      DebraJane Achievements:
      1000 Hall Points Tagger Second Class Vivid Dream Journal Referrer Bronze Populated Wall Made lots of Friends on DV Veteran First Class
      <span class='glow_9400D3'>EbbTide000</span>'s Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 2010
      LD Count
      000
      Gender
      Location
      Adelaide, South Australia
      Posts
      2,610
      Likes
      959
      DJ Entries
      135
      Hi David Love and friends

      1.⚘On Saturday 1-March-2008 a 50 year old woman woke from a dream. She typed it on her old Amstrad computer, copied it to a floppy, then went to an Internet Cafe to send it to a friend. And the rest is history. I will add the thread
      Thread:*DebraJane's Story at the bottom.
      The "opening post" explains what happened

      2.⚘In 2010 she and someone 12,000 miles away were doing a strange experiment. Things got excitingly, weirder and weirder till this happened


      It seemed to be evidence supporting the hypothesis that,

      ⚘Our waking world is another beings Lucid dream.⚘

      Now I will post the first mentioned thread called

      Thread:*DebraJane's Story
      Replies:*7
      Views: 1,430
      204 views per reply

      ↘️↘️↘️

      https://www.dreamviews.com/beyond-dr...nes-story.html

      ↗️↗️↗️

      And here is the 2nd thread mentioned
      Titled:

      Dream Synchronicity Game Reloaded

      By the way STILL no sharks have come right onto shore since then ⚘October 2010⚘ so Not just a coincidence ⚘

      ↘️↘️↘️

      https://www.dreamviews.com/beyond-dr...-reloaded.html

      ↗️↗️↗️

      Replies:*76
      Views: 7,635
      =100 views per reply

      1/40 this thread now
      EbbTide000's Signature.
      My original username was debraJane, later I became Havago. Click link below!
      What are Your Thoughts on This?
      ***
      http://www.dreamviews.com/beyond-dre...houghts-2.html

    4. #4
      Member Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal Tagger First Class 1 year registered

      Join Date
      Jun 2017
      LD Count
      140
      Gender
      Posts
      32
      Likes
      22
      DJ Entries
      11
      Nice video! I'm religious and believe that my life & this world is there for a reason and is the only real one. Even if our humanity did try to simulate life I don't think it would work and even if it supposedly did, I don't think the "people" created would truly have a consciousness or soul like we have. Overall I don't believe in this theory because I don't see a way in which it could fit with the rest of my worldview. However I love theories a lot so this is interesting to think about anyway!
      EbbTide000 likes this.

    5. #5
      Chillman Achievements:
      Made Friends on DV 1 year registered Created Dream Journal
      Skipper1100's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 2017
      LD Count
      Don't Count
      Gender
      Posts
      61
      Likes
      56
      DJ Entries
      2
      Truly. I believe that, this is another dream universe that I live in, just like the dreaming universe when I go to sleep, this is another dreaming universe. Who's the dreamer? Me. You are. We all are.

      When we go to sleep, we go into another dreaming universe, when you're asleep, this dreaming universe only exists if you want it to, when I'm "asleep" in the other dreaming universe, it only exists if I want it to.

      this is how persistent realms work (a 24/7 persistent dreaming world that goes on even after you awaken from it, based on intention)

      and really, this is what I do with what I call "Meta dreaming", with that I've basically found a way to affect this dreaming universe, from another one, I feel that I have woken up in parallel realities constantly with this part of lucid dreaming.

      So yeah that's what I believe. Both worlds are what you make it in my eyes
      EbbTide000 and Key like this.
      -----------------------------------------------------------------
      [COLOR="#"]私のMILDテクニック:[/COLOR]
      https://www.dreamviews.com/attaining...ml#post2231862
      -----------------------------------------------------------------

      [COLOR="#000000"]
      Wonderland/PR Dreams Since [1/25/2019]:

      Like..... 14??

    6. #6
      Member Achievements:
      1000 Hall Points Made Friends on DV Created Dream Journal Veteran Second Class

      Join Date
      Jun 2012
      LD Count
      86
      Gender
      Posts
      567
      Likes
      244
      DJ Entries
      1
      I'm slightly confused by some of these replies? Daniel was asking about whether life is a simulation, not about alternate dream universes (sorry). One point to note is that the simulation might only have to simulate just your existence, not every other person on the planet.....

    7. #7
      DebraJane Achievements:
      1000 Hall Points Tagger Second Class Vivid Dream Journal Referrer Bronze Populated Wall Made lots of Friends on DV Veteran First Class
      <span class='glow_9400D3'>EbbTide000</span>'s Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 2010
      LD Count
      000
      Gender
      Location
      Adelaide, South Australia
      Posts
      2,610
      Likes
      959
      DJ Entries
      135
      ⚘Goldenspark⚘ piercing statment

      Here it is in text

      (0:8)The universe is the most ancient of mysteries
      Where ever and whoever you are
      each of us has looked-up in the night sky and wondered
      What is life?
      Who am I?
      What is the meaning of it all?

      Each of us is profoundly lost in the riddle of existance.

      Throughout the ages our species has devised all manner of explanations to make sense of our place in the strangeness of the Cosmos. In our modern world many of the stories of our ancestors have evolved in tandem with our understanding. (0:44) Where once mystics questioned if life maybe no more than a dream today some of the greatests minds on Earth have reignighted this age old riddle in the language of our times.

      ⚘Asking instead "Is reality an elaborate simulation? ⚘

      (1:00) The next bit later.

      Quote Originally Posted by Goldenspark View Post
      I'm slightly confused by some of these replies? Daniel was asking about whether life is a simulation, not about alternate dream universes (sorry). One point to note is that the simulation might only have to simulate just your existence, not every other person on the planet.....
      EbbTide000's Signature.
      My original username was debraJane, later I became Havago. Click link below!
      What are Your Thoughts on This?
      ***
      http://www.dreamviews.com/beyond-dre...houghts-2.html

    8. #8
      Oneironaut Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal Made lots of Friends on DV Tagger Second Class Veteran Second Class 5000 Hall Points
      Nfri's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 2013
      LD Count
      243
      Location
      rabbit hole
      Posts
      568
      Likes
      696
      DJ Entries
      34
      brain generate world simuation. doesnt matter if you sleep or awake, all it's simulation constrained by sensory input in awake and constrained by past sensory input while asleep.

    9. #9
      Member Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal Made Friends on DV 1 year registered
      LighrkVader's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 2017
      Gender
      Posts
      270
      Likes
      298
      DJ Entries
      3
      Science religion is always fascinating. One reason is the unquestionable yet ridiculous unspoken assumption of it's dogma, namely that causality and science can be used to separate real from not real

      The simulation is just as much "base reality" as what you would see if you plug yourself out and return to the world were the first simulator arose. It's just a different story in the same medium.

      It would definitely make a cool story if someone figured out a way to move up to the previous level. But thats all... It would be a wicked cool story... It would not on it's own lead one closer to the truth. I disagree with the final statement that science and philosophy is the only way to bring us closer to understanding our place in reality. I'm not saying it isn't a worthwhile pursuit, science is great.

      Causality ultimately provides no answers, it only postpones the explanation indefinitely. Why was I born? Was it because of my parents actions at the time of my conception or was it because of the big bang? The big bang is a singularity, meaning that it's as far back as we can take causality. So my birth remains unexplained.

      The idea of an experience being "not real" only exist in conceptualization. Reality is beyond concepts. Concepts are just another thing that arise within reality. You will never understand it, because it can not be understood. But it can be known, and you can know it.

      "All truths are but half truths, all paradoxes may be reconciled"

      Edit: I'm crossfaded, if this makes 0 sense I blame it on that.
      Last edited by LighrkVader; 10-05-2018 at 03:10 AM.

    10. #10
      DebraJane Achievements:
      1000 Hall Points Tagger Second Class Vivid Dream Journal Referrer Bronze Populated Wall Made lots of Friends on DV Veteran First Class
      <span class='glow_9400D3'>EbbTide000</span>'s Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 2010
      LD Count
      000
      Gender
      Location
      Adelaide, South Australia
      Posts
      2,610
      Likes
      959
      DJ Entries
      135
      I like your post's ShadowLilla. All of them.

      What you said below is ... wise ... I want to open this thread so you can tell me more about your religion and what you believe (if and when you want to). No hurry, you are busy with school and things like most 14 year olds. But I am curious for you to share more of your deep, interesting thoughts

      You wrote:

      ⚘⚘⚘

      Nice video!
      I'm religious and believe that my life & this world
      is there for a reason
      and is the only real one.

      Even if our humanity did try to simulate life
      I don't think it would work
      and even if it supposedly did,
      I don't think the "people" created
      would truly have a consciousness or soul like we have.

      Overall I don't believe in this theory because I don't see a way in which it could fit with the rest of my worldview. However I love theories a lot so this is interesting to think about anyway!

      ⚘⚘⚘

      Quote Originally Posted by ShadowLilla View Post
      Nice video! I'm religious and believe that my life & this world is there for a reason and is the only real one. Even if our humanity did try to simulate life I don't think it would work and even if it supposedly did, I don't think the "people" created would truly have a consciousness or soul like we have. Overall I don't believe in this theory because I don't see a way in which it could fit with the rest of my worldview. However I love theories a lot so this is interesting to think about anyway!
      Last edited by spellbee2; 10-05-2018 at 06:03 AM.
      EbbTide000's Signature.
      My original username was debraJane, later I became Havago. Click link below!
      What are Your Thoughts on This?
      ***
      http://www.dreamviews.com/beyond-dre...houghts-2.html

    11. #11
      Member Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal Tagger First Class 1 year registered

      Join Date
      Jun 2017
      LD Count
      140
      Gender
      Posts
      32
      Likes
      22
      DJ Entries
      11
      Quote Originally Posted by EbbTide000 View Post
      I like your post's ShadowLilla. All of them.

      What you said below is ... wise ... I want to open this thread so you can tell me more about your religion and what you believe (if and when you want to). No hurry, you are busy with school and things like most 14 year olds. But I am curious for you to share more of your deep, interesting thoughts

      You wrote:

      ⚘⚘⚘

      Nice video!
      I'm religious and believe that my life & this world
      is there for a reason
      and is the only real one.

      Even if our humanity did try to simulate life
      I don't think it would work
      and even if it supposedly did,
      I don't think the "people" created
      would truly have a consciousness or soul like we have.

      Overall I don't believe in this theory because I don't see a way in which it could fit with the rest of my worldview. However I love theories a lot so this is interesting to think about anyway!

      ⚘⚘⚘
      I'm happy to hear someone thinks of my words as wise!

      What I meant by my religion was that I'm a christian. I feel like if I was part of a simulation I wouldn't be real and therefore have no soul and not go to heaven or hell. Basically what I've believed in would be a lie but as that goes against the nature of God it can't be like that. Also like I said I don't think that humans can create something with a consciousness or soul because that's something only God can do (giving birth is different). So because I feel like I have a consciousness I'm obviously not simulated.

      I hope that this answer satisfies you. I also hope that everyone here can respect that my thoughts are based more on faith than for example, science (though I think religion and science can go hand-in-hand). It's late where I live and these are really complex things to think about so sorry if I didn't understand something and came out as messy.

      Some of the replies here alone give great food for thought though. My views might change if I gave this more thought but I have more important things to think about so I'm not going to.
      EbbTide000 likes this.

    Similar Threads

    1. matrixism/the simulation theory
      By eviljin94 in forum Religion/Spirituality
      Replies: 5
      Last Post: 11-27-2013, 11:20 PM
    2. Physics Simulation
      By Kogami in forum Dream Control
      Replies: 4
      Last Post: 05-11-2012, 10:30 PM
    3. Real life simulation
      By musicman in forum Dream Control
      Replies: 2
      Last Post: 06-26-2007, 02:46 AM
    4. Replies: 6
      Last Post: 06-04-2007, 10:01 PM
    5. Disaster Simulation!
      By Snakecharmer1222 in forum Dream Interpretation
      Replies: 1
      Last Post: 08-03-2006, 10:33 PM

    Bookmarks

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •