by, 06-16-2011 at 07:59 PM (623 Views)
I was in the kitchen putting away groceries and I a large green snake. I told my Mom that I was going to go release it somewhere outside and she told me to be careful. When I picked it up, I realized it would have been safer to grab it by the head rather than the middle of it's body. As soon as I tried change the position of left hand, it lunged at my right and bit.
I felt a burning sensation in my hand that quickly spread up up my arm and through my body and then I went numb. I put the snake in a bag and then went over to the sink to wash the blood of my hand. I told my Mom that I was bit and she said something along the lines of "I told you so" and then she asked if it was poisonous. My vision soon went blurry and then I eventually went blind. I became disoriented for a few seconds and then I started having heat flashes. I also started cycling through emotions, one second I was furious and the next I felt terrified. After a few second of that, I was hit with the strongest high I've ever experienced and had to sit down to keep from passing out.
It felt like it had lasted hours but my Mom said it was a minute or two at most. My vision came back so I went to my computer to search up a bit of info on the snake to see if it was deadly. I read that the effects of it's poison were only temporary and that it wasn't lethal so I relaxed and went back to the kitchen, wondering what I should do with the snake.
I woke up soon after.