• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Like Tree75Likes

Thread: My Lucid Dreaming Awareness Plan For 2013

Cambridge, UK
      DJ Entries

My Lucid Dreaming Awareness Plan For 2013

Hello wonderful dreamview member's,
      I may not have been a member of this forum for long but I certainly have loved and have felt passionate about lucid dreams for a long time. I feel that it is time for a change, a shift in the way that lucid dreaming is viewed by the world. I want to start a project that should, if successful, change the whole way lucid dreaming is concealed to a small section of the internet. My principle belief is that lucid dreaming is too great to be hidden from the average person. Everybody should have the right to know what a lucid dream is and can then decide from there if they are at all interested in learning the skill. My project is hopefully going to change it to how I believe it should be. And what is so great is that i am a online investor so I have a huge amount of money to put in this project, think of it has a thank you present for everybody that gets involved in lucid dreaming in any shape or form no matter how large. Please don't feel i'm spotlit or anything, I make my money not my parents and it is all taxed plus I will tell anybody how they can do it if you ask me in a PM.

The Plan
      Lucid dreaming is currently not globally excepted because of its close ties with unproven phenomenon. So i'm afraid that bond will have to broken in my project so please do not ask me to include OBE's and stuff in this project. So you want to know what the project is? Well basically it is a animated youtube video it is as simple as that. The reason why I have chosen YouTube is because it is the best way to get a impact out there, as has been shown through out this year and will be shown in 2013. It's simply the best way. So why is it animated? well its animated because I truly believe that it will be the best way to get the message out there professionally. And while real acting would be nice i'm afraid I do not know any actors so that can't be done, plus through this means I can ask for help from this community. I know I have not explained it detail exactly what will be happening and that is for 2 reasons mainly. If I told you everything when it is released you won't get the Wow factor from it, and secondly it's still only the initial idea at the moment. Also if anybody has a certain skill they would like to offer then that would be amazing because it shows that you care about how lucid dreaming needs to be widely accepted . Many will argue that lucid dreaming is something that must be discovered but i'm afraid it is not as simple as that. I believe that nobody it the world would turn down the ability to do everything you can do in a lucid dream when they relieve the correct scientific information, because we do live in this day and age now were it has got to have science to back it up otherwise only a small minority will even give it a try. There are people dying right now that have not had the experience that we all love so much on this forum because the lack of publicity that lucid dreaming gets. Please i'm asking everybody here as a community that something needs to be done and together we can achieve it.
      Thank you so much for reading this I hope that you decide to help the project in anyway you can even if that is just showing some respect by expressing your support through a comment or like. And this thread will remain the place to get the fortnightly update on this project. Currently I believe that it will be completed in February of the new year.

Member Achievements:
      Made lots of Friends on DV Created Dream Journal Tagger Second Class Populated Wall 1000 Hall Points Veteran Second Class
      LD Count
      0 since my last
      Tranquility
      DJ Entries
      I'm willing to help in any way I can, even though that's probably limited to advice and helping advertise this to my friends .

Waterbender Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal Tagger Second Class Populated Wall 10000 Hall Points Veteran First Class Made lots of Friends on DV
      LD Count
      Not enough
      Ba Sing Se
      DJ Entries
      I'd love to help out as well. I don't have any technical skills with animation and stuff though, but I support this project! :3

Maybe it's a dream and if I scream, it will burst at the seams.

sigpic by kraom

Cambridge, UK
      DJ Entries
      Good to see that a fair amount of people want this i'm currently working on finding a animator, there quite expensive tho so it would be good if I could hire someone here at a low cost. Some want 4 figures ($), So yeah it could take a while, anybody good at composing music btw
      -GangsterPanda

Member Achievements:
      Made lots of Friends on DV 5000 Hall Points Vivid Dream Journal Tagger First Class Populated Wall Veteran First Class Referrer Gold
      The Depths
      DJ Entries
      I have no special skills when it comes to this, but I support this. If there is anything I can do to help, just ask.

Cambridge, UK
      DJ Entries
      Well I am going to withdraw $4000 from my online investment account in January, bare in mind that this has got to be taxed. So it would be really helpful if people could look around for any of these on the Internet and post the links here:
      - Animator (Most important)
      - Music composer,
      - Voice actors (yeah that's actually quite important)
      - Logo Designer (this shouldn't cost much)
      I'm also going to donate 25% of the YouTube advertising profits to Dreamviews, because well I love you

Member Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal Made lots of Friends on DV Populated Wall Referrer Bronze Tagger Second Class 5000 Hall Points Veteran First Class
      Lost in the World
      DJ Entries
      I'd be up if you need someone to talk in the videos. I also have an extensive knowledge about lucid dreams, and can help with some ideas regarding the script or any information you need (as I do my own research and follow a very scientific path towards lucid dreaming). I know some other people who would be willing to help.

To be honest, I also had hopes to start a youtube channel towards lucid dreaming education, mainly explaining stuff in a scientific basis but I always lacked skills to make a nice animation. If you really plan to go ahead, you'll have a dedicated supporter right here, since I got loads of time in my hands. About the logo designer, I can talk to a arts student friend of my, that is currently living in germany. He also would support the project, and even though he's not a profissional animator, he could give a hand with the videos. Pm me if you want to have a talk in skype or anything like that
      dutchraptor and The Sandman like this.
      Quote Originally Posted by nito89 View Post
      Quote Originally Posted by zoth00 View Post
      You have to face lucid dreams as cooking:
      Stick it in the microwave and hope for the best?
      MMR (Mental Map Recall)- A whole new way of Recalling and Journaling your dreams
      Trying out MILD? This is how you become skilled at it.

Member Achievements:
      Made lots of Friends on DV 5000 Hall Points Vivid Dream Journal Tagger First Class Populated Wall Veteran First Class Referrer Gold
      The Depths
      DJ Entries
      Oh, I can voice act if you want. Obviously I am no pro but if you need a deep man voice, that would be me.

Cambridge, UK
      DJ Entries
      thanks everybody,
      Well first things first we are going to need to write a script and then BrandonBoss and zoth00 if you could do the speaking, I'm still 15 so it probably wouldn't sound as professional as I would like it to be. So guys tonight after school I will make a google doc and if you send me your email accounts we can all edit it at once. The script would have to be about 5 minutes long, yet impacts the viewer greatly enough to actually go and learn lucid dreaming afterwards. After we have made a good solid script that will probably have to be in American-English (So Brandon you may have to change a few words) we can record your voices and then we move on to stage 3 which would be hiring a animator (zoth00 I would use your guy that you know if you are able to get a little portfolio off of him) to visualise what you are speaking into a animation. Then we add in all the credits and start, we find some copyright free music to play in the background and then we sort out all the social media stuff. Finally we make a YouTube account and get the world going crazy, also I will spend a bit on YouTube advertising.
      -GangsterPanda
      I would have to start in January with the stuff that I have to pay for but everything else we can do now

Waterbender Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal Tagger Second Class Populated Wall 10000 Hall Points Veteran First Class Made lots of Friends on DV
      LD Count
      Not enough
      Ba Sing Se
      DJ Entries
      YOU'RE 15?!?!?

You're awesome, man.
      dutchraptor and areyoume like this.

Maybe it's a dream and if I scream, it will burst at the seams.

sigpic by kraom

Member Achievements:
      Made lots of Friends on DV Created Dream Journal Tagger Second Class Populated Wall 1000 Hall Points Veteran Second Class
      LD Count
      0 since my last
      Tranquility
      DJ Entries
      Gangster panda, you are a genius. If there was a way we could spread this on reddit and 9gag...hmmm

Member Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal Made lots of Friends on DV Populated Wall Referrer Bronze Tagger Second Class 5000 Hall Points Veteran First Class
      Lost in the World
      DJ Entries
      Will pm you me e-mail after this post

This video is a good example of the highlights that people are drawn to when they are introduced to lucid dreaming:

- The vividness of the experience;
      - The fact that anyone can achieve such state
      - The possibility of doing anything that FEELS exactly like real life

Other things that are left out are important in my opinion, because at the moment many people think lucid dreaming is a totally solo experience. DV is a example how lucid dreamers engage nowadays in communities not only to share experiences, but to gain insight about dreams, learning techniques, and even promoting competitions (like the tasks of the month/year). There are also studies being made as to lucid dreaming being proven effective to sports, music, health care, the possibilities are endless. Besides, the fact that lucid dreaming promote a good sleep hygiene and it has no negative effects on your sleep quality will make the more skeptical people more open to this phenomenon.
      I will contact the arts student guy but even though he can manage the logo, I've never seen any animation work from him other than this video, so I would suggest we really find a guy that knows how to to exactly what it's needed.

PS: In terms of social media on youtube, there's a huge trend of regular content coming out. I'm sure many people here in DV would help if it to were to create tutorials, promote experience sharing, which would give the channel a regular source of videos. It varies greatly on the approach, but in your first post you seemed determined to leave OBE and esoteric out of the page (which I think it's great), so if needed, we can directly go to the scientific sources.
      In terms of scientific community, the goal at the moment seems to find a reliable induction technique, since the results of such activity are positivy in many areas like mentioned above. I got my hands in a very precious study from 2012 that did a descriptive analysis about the most popular techniques about lucid dreaming, and which ones came on top, so, in short, there's loads of content.

Good to see such a young person to step on and take further, props
      paigeyemps likes this.
      Quote Originally Posted by nito89 View Post
      Quote Originally Posted by zoth00 View Post
      You have to face lucid dreams as cooking:
      Stick it in the microwave and hope for the best?
      MMR (Mental Map Recall)- A whole new way of Recalling and Journaling your dreams
      Trying out MILD? This is how you become skilled at it.

Member Achievements:
      The Depths
      DJ Entries
      I'll PM you my email. Very excited about this.

Cambridge, UK
      DJ Entries
      Thanks for all the replies guys,
      Well I have started making the script, it would be great to have many people working on it though. So if anybody here has a passion for lucid dreaming, or just feels that the world should be fairer and everybody deserves to know about it then please send me your gmail account by PM and I will add you to the Google doc editing users. May I just say that anybody who has offered to help in this project is simply amazing and I love that feel passionate about bringing lucid dreaming into mainstream.
      Thanks Again everyone,
      P.S. Brandon I think we need to arrange a time to edit the doc because well we always miss each other, btw do you like the first part of the script you can change it if you think I have missed something,

Bonehead Achievements:
      Referrer Bronze Tagger Second Class 1000 Hall Points Veteran First Class
      LD Count
      THE JUNGLE, BABY!
      DJ Entries
      I could produce music for this, but I'd definitely need more information on exactly what kind of thing you're looking for. PM me and we'll see if I'm the right man for the job.

Cambridge, UK
      DJ Entries
      The offical helpers list for Lucid Awareness 2013
      Each and everyone of you will feature in the credits
      - Paigeyemps (Special Thanks)
      - BrandonBoss
      - Zoth00
      - DutchRaptor
      - Radioshift (maybe ?)
      The list can change at anytime, I will add more as we go along.
      Again thanks I'm glad so many people want to see this reality,
      Last edited by GangsterPanda; 12-22-2012 at 05:48 PM.

LD Count
      about 3 a week
      The Twilight Zone
      Hey GangsterPanda I sent you a PM with a couple of ideas. Great that someone your age is trying to do something like this!!!
      I can't help directly myself as my life is crazy busy with too many responsibilities (family etc.) but i'll do my best to point you in the direction of people who can help.

Member Achievements:
      LD Count
      0 since my last
      Tranquility
      DJ Entries
      I'll help spread it around on other forums and sites like reddit and 9gag.

Edit: If we want this to go viral it has to be at the front page of youtube within two days, that would almost certainly guarantee success.
      You will need to send an email to every lucid dreaming blogger and youtuber.
      Obviously spreading it on facebook and twitter will help. If we could find a tweeter with a good number of follower we could get them to post it and spread the video. I guess you know all of this anyways though.
      Last edited by dutchraptor; 12-22-2012 at 03:59 PM.

Member Achievements:
      The Depths
      DJ Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by dutchraptor View Post
      I'll help spread it around on other forums and sites like reddit and 9gag.

Edit: If we want this to go viral it has to be at the front page of youtube within two days, that would almost certainly guarantee success.
      You will need to send an email to every lucid dreaming blogger and youtuber.
      Obviously spreading it on facebook and twitter will help. If we could find a tweeter with a good number of follower we could get them to post it and spread the video. I guess you know all of this anyways though.
      Giz Edwards should be able to help spread. Lucidology and Reece Jones have been dormant for a while, but there are a few other Youtubers that should be able to help.

Cambridge, UK
      DJ Entries
      Thanks everybody,
      these are all good and I promise I will use all of these methods to try and get this viral, so let's make a script and we can go from there
      - GangsterPanda

Cambridge, UK
      DJ Entries
      For the Team,
      Hello everybody,
      I believe that today went well I have made lots of connections to members so we can start really getting into it. I'm aware of the time zone issue so tommorow I will work out 5 times in the day that should be acceptable by everybody in the team, so we can all edit the main script when we are all there. I am pleased to announce Radioshift is officially now working on the music, a huge thanks to him because it is a extremely hard job. And I hope that we get two sections of the script down tommorow, incase you were wondering me and Paigeyemps have designed a structure for the script, which is modular and designed to keep the view intreasted through out the viewing.
      Cheers to day one guys, and also I think that tommorow is the last day we should work on this because we should all enjoy the Christmas holidays, but we should resume on the 28th unless you want to work over time
      Again I thank anybody that has chosen to get involved in this project I appreciate it and I'm sure DV appriciates it to, infact you are doing everybody that loves lucid dreaming a favour. And for that you are the best
      Happy Christmas, have a good one
      - GangsterPanda
      ( feel free to PM at any time for up to date info and if you would like to join the team because you feel that you have even the smallest thing to offer)
      paigeyemps and zoth00 like this.

Cambridge, UK
      DJ Entries
      Editing Times For Document
      Hey guys, I tried to make this fair on everybody but I understand that you probably won't be able to make everyone,
      - 14:00 GMT/ 8:00 CST/ 15:00 CET
      - 15:30 GMT/ 9:30 CST/ 16:30 CET
      - 17:30 GMT/ 11:30 CST/ 18:30 CET
      - 20:00 GMT/ 14:00 CST/ 21:00 CET
      - 21:00 GMT/ 15:00 CST/ 22:00 CET
      Remember that these times only are relavent in the school hoildays plus we will not be working on this from the 23rd-29th of December,
      - Happy Christmas

Hey I'm pretty good at animation(if were talking about 3d animation, not like cartoon) I've been using blender for a while now. I'll do whatever I can for free.
      paigeyemps likes this.

Cambridge, UK
      DJ Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by Scribblenaut View Post
      Hey I'm pretty good at animation(if were talking about 3d animation, not like cartoon) I've been using blender for a while now. I'll do whatever I can for free.
      Hey,
      That would be awesome, is there anyway that you could send me some of your work? Just so I can see the general feel for it. I have loved 3D animation, well for as long as I remember and I would love you to help. Thanks for making the offer if you want I can send you my email address? And we can go from there. Seriously I know that animation takes tons of time so I really do appreciate even making the request. And about not being paid... Afterwards everybody who worked on the project will be receiving a generous chunk of the YouTube advertising profits via Paypal. Again I'm so happy that we possibly have a animator now, which means we are on schedule. I'm going to make a logo now and post it here.
      Extra: Also I don't know if this sounds like too much but what do you guys think about t-shirts? It would spark curiosity off screen as well as on screen that's why I thought it would be a good idea.
      Thanks team, this is going to be reality sooner than you think

Okay I'll send you some of my animations but im just saying don't get your hopes up too much. I'm only 15 too and I generally do enviornments. I've never seriously done any character animation though I know the basics. I'll send you some of my animations but don't put that 4000 back yet lol I'm no professional. In the mean time heres a link to some of my 3d models.
      3d model Tropical plant package blen by scribblenaut
      You can email me at [email protected]

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast