• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Anyone dream of meeting their Higher Self?

Member Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal 1000 Hall Points Veteran Second Class

Florida
      DJ Entries

Anyone dream of meeting their Higher Self?

I've had maybe 3 or 4 lucid dreams. In one, once I realized I was dreaming, I decided I wanted to meet my higher self. What I got was totally unexpected.

I knew my higher self was behind this door and I was suddenly very afraid and had to force myself to go to the door and open it. My higher self was a witch. Not an ugly witch, but a pretty witch with shiny black hair, but gave me a very scared feeling. She was behind a large bubbling cauldron, stirring it and cackling. Then I woke up.

I really didn't expect to find that when requesting to meet my higher self. Anyone else ever try it?
      WakingNomad and Wrighty like this.

LD Count
      Tons
      Bay Area, California
      DJ Entries
      When you are awake, what do you imagine your higher self to be?

Member Achievements:

Florida
      DJ Entries
      That seems hard to put into words, but I think it would be more highly evolved or wise, kind and helpful to me in this life... a higher perspective. I wouldn't have imagined it to be scary. Kind of weird. I didn't try that again, but that was many years ago... if I become lucid soon, I might like to try it again.

DJ Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by Facepaintingfun View Post
      I've had maybe 3 or 4 lucid dreams. In one, once I realized I was dreaming, I decided I wanted to meet my higher self. What I got was totally unexpected.

I knew my higher self was behind this door and I was suddenly very afraid and had to force myself to go to the door and open it. My higher self was a witch. Not an ugly witch, but a pretty witch with shiny black hair, but gave me a very scared feeling. She was behind a large bubbling cauldron, stirring it and cackling. Then I woke up.

I really didn't expect to find that when requesting to meet my higher self. Anyone else ever try it?
      That sounds very interesting, however, I can see how scary that can be. I haven't been lucid enough times to try and find my higher self, etc.... but I might try it once I get a better handle on my LDs
      # of LDs so far: DILD-1, WILD-0, Awareness-5
      Max Dreams recalled in one night: 3
      Goals: Learn to fly [] - Find out more about myself [] - Explore the sea [] - Pray in an LD []
      Read my DJ: Whirlwind of Dreams
      Read my current research: CAT Research
      Read my meditation experiences: Meditation Experiences

Facepaintingfun -
      I have recently been focused on connecting with my "higher self' while lucid dreaming. I think it is very probable that the form that we see when we encounter our higher self is largely dependent on our thoughts and feelings about our "higher self" both consciously and unconsciously. To actually face your higher self in a lucid setting can be very intimidating and even scary for our egotistical mind if we have never tried such a thing before. I think that our ego consciousness is very used to believing that it represents the whole gamut of our consciousness, and even though some of us are becoming more open minded to the idea that the ego consciousness is not all that there is to us as identities, the actual "face to face" conscious encounter with our "higher self" can be a bit threatening the first time. That expectation/reaction on our part can and will shade the appearance of our higher self in that our own intimidation, and fears, or misgivings about such an encounter will be reflected back at us in the form that our higher self takes.
      The next time you try contacting your higher self in the dream state (and I definitely think it is a worthy endeavor), you can even ask her or "him" why they appear a certain way to you. You can ask them any question about their nature, or your nature, or about the relationship between the "two" of you.
      I think you are definitely on the right path, and you should go further with it, and not let fear or intimidation hinder you. Once you establish a more familiar and relaxed relationship with your higher self, I think you will find that the image it takes will not be so intimidating.
      I have been chronicling my lucid dreaming and related experiences lately in a blog. This is a link to the first consciously induced lucid experience I had with my 'higher self." If you get a chance to read it, let me know what you think!

My Higher Self Manifests In A lucid Dream « Larther's Journey

Journey lucid!
      ~ Larther
      Last edited by Larther; 11-06-2010 at 10:59 PM.
      juroara, Snowboy and pathydeca23 like this.
      Larther's Journey: Dawn Of The Dreamer

PLEASE DO NOT FEED THE HECKLERS!

Member Achievements:

Florida
      DJ Entries
      Thanks Larther for the reply. I'll go ahead and check out your experience. Sounds interesting!

Banned
      The answer may well have been completely correct in relation to your current psychological development. You may be able some day to see through the metaphor and see something good.

<span class='glow_9400D3'>saltyseedog</span>'s Avatar
      LD Count
      eternally
      land of the lost pets
      DJ Entries
      I think the dream self is the higher self
      juroara and Solar like this.
      Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake

San Antonio, TX
      DJ Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by saltyseedog View Post
      I think the dream self is the higher self
      If you believe the dream itself is/represents the higher self, how would you go about having a more conscious direct contact with the higher self?

Banned
      I remember a question put to the class in 9th grade about the higher self. There were a number of people who came before me, all wanting to be doctors, lawyers, astronauts, etc., when it came my turn, I said I wanted to be a wino--could not imagine getting any higher than that. Sides, I still have not overcome my distaste for alcohol, and maybe some day I will address that issue, but right now I am just plain too busy. I do, however, still ask people if they have seen me walking around anywhere. If I run into myself, I am sure to take a measure and see which one of us is higher.

Night Stalker <span class='glow_000000'>Baron Samedi</span>'s Avatar
      LD Count
      honolulu, Hawaii
      DJ Entries
      Yes, I did meet my higher self. It was a most epic and locquacious dream. I followed a Scout to a town on the Moon. Otherme came out of a house with a needle and thread on the wooden sign by the door.

He gave me a most amazing sword made of a thousand parakeets with which to vanquish my enemies.

Higher Self Dream CLICK
      Last edited by WakingNomad; 11-09-2010 at 02:54 AM.
      ya gwan fok wid de Baron? ye gotta nodda ting comin. (Formerly known as Baking Nomad.)

Singapore
      I had a dream long time ago where i was in a building looking like a castle of sort. I was looking around and found a secret room. I entered the room and found another me lying on the couch there staring at me. I dont remember if we spoke but i knew then that it was me and that the other me knew i was him.
      So i may have met my higher self but back then i didnt know such thing even existed.

<span class='glow_9400D3'>saltyseedog</span>'s Avatar
      LD Count
      eternally
      land of the lost pets
      DJ Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by juroara View Post
      If you believe the dream itself is/represents the higher self, how would you go about having a more conscious direct contact with the higher self?
      On second thought I take back what I said. When I heard higher self the first thing that came to my mind was this:

The self dreams the double. Once it has learned to dream the double, the self arrives at this weird crossroad and a moment comes when one realizes that it is the double who dreams the self. Your double is dreaming you. No one knows how it happens. We only know that it does happen. That's the mystery of us as luminous beings. You can awaken in either one.

soo I was thinking higher self as the dream body or "double"

But my theory is that there is a spirit. All of our hearts our connected to it. It is intuition. You just have to listen to it. Sooo now I'm thinking that could be interpreted as higher self.
      I really don't know....
      Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake

LD Count
      anywhere i like
      something like that happened to me. sometimes when i dream, i see a silver/metallic version of myself (kind of like T1000) with bright red eyes asking for a challenge.

Member Achievements:
      Referrer Bronze Veteran First Class Made lots of Friends on DV 5000 Hall Points
      Quote Originally Posted by Facepaintingfun View Post

Yes, I've had experiences similar to this in two ways.

A while ago I asked to know my past lives, assuming that any past lives such as I might be aware of are 'mine' in the conventional sense. In a dream was given some rectangular plates or film to paint my past lives on, with the idea that I'd be able to see them after they developed. When I was done, a laughing witch with bugs in her mouth took the plates away from me.

At other times, when moving my feeling of identity around with a 'who am I' kind of question, I've experienced myself as being a witch. I don't think this is the deepest part of my being, and its not the only part even at that level, but its deeper than my typical waking personality. I think its true what others say that my conscious and subconscious thoughts about who I am are going to affect my perceptions of who I am, and for that reason my perceptions are unlikely to be totally accurate. However, I think the witch image actually has a fair amount of truth to it, perceptions aside, and it makes more sense to me than an expectation to encounter a wise, benevolent higher self. That wise, benevolent self is in a sense real too, but the witch is in the way, and the witch doesn't just vanish because we overlay it with a thought about benevolence. The witch has to be acknowledged, engaged, and reintegrated with the rest of one's being, healing it that way. Otherwise its kind of like trying to deal with a naughty child by locking them in the closet forever. That mentality is part of how they got twisted to start with.

My witch is female, and I experience myself as female in that context, though I have a male body. I think this is probably because that gender is inherent in the nature of feeling, and also because I polarize that way in relation to my more male intellect.
      Facepaintingfun likes this.

Member Achievements:

Florida
      DJ Entries
      An interesting way to look at it and I think it makes a lot of sense. From things I'd read from others, I always expected my higher self image to come as more angelic or Godlike, so when I had to face the witch in that dream, what a surprise. And in the dream, pretty terrifying. I hope to get lucid more, so I can explore this further. Whenever I have a lucid dream, I always feel like this is my opportunity to learn more about myself and my purpose in life, etc. I feel like it kind of bridges this life and the other side.

Lurker
      LD Count
      over 50
      I have had years of lucid dreaming but for the first time I remembered to ask to be taken to my higher self just two nights ago. I was dreaming I was in bed dreaming(dream within a dream) and was floating higher. It felt nice and was aware I was ascending. It was very black, but peaceful. As I got higher I was aware I was near the top and asked to be taken to the eye of the storm! At this point, I realised I was lucid and said - no change that and take me to my higher self. I continued to rise higher in the blackness when suddenly, what appeared to be a strange creature, swam very quickly in front and above of me. So it was like I was in a pool. (I have dreamed of a pool of consciousness before) It frightened me, making me jump and I quickly awoke both back to the dream I was having and then in reality. I had thought I would pop out the other side of this pool expecting to meet my higher self instead it was quite frightening and I didnt get there. I feel a bit wary of repeating this again. Maybe next time I remember I will be in a different scenario altogether so it wont be so scary.

LD Count
      3!
      Quote Originally Posted by Philosopher8659 View Post
      I remember a question put to the class in 9th grade about the higher self. There were a number of people who came before me, all wanting to be doctors, lawyers, astronauts, etc., when it came my turn, I said I wanted to be a wino--could not imagine getting any higher than that. Sides, I still have not overcome my distaste for alcohol, and maybe some day I will address that issue, but right now I am just plain too busy. I do, however, still ask people if they have seen me walking around anywhere. If I run into myself, I am sure to take a measure and see which one of us is higher.
      That would have been funny except you cant get high off alcohol?
      Maybe if you rephrased it with marijuana?

Gratitude can be freedom Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal Tagger First Class Made Friends on DV 1000 Hall Points Veteran First Class
      Indianapolis, IN
      DJ Entries
      The extent of my fascination with this topic makes me unsure if I live in LaLa Land when I think about it, but here goes.

It is interesting that there seems to be a hint of a pattern in this thread, the potential pattern being that in these dreams the higher self is surrounded by fear or is something frightening.

If your higher self is aware of and is all aspects of what you are (the negatives, the positives, and the neutrals), but transcends those aspects as well, then to see your higher self, you might see your entirety, including what you have repressed into subconsciousness and have yet to include in consciousness and transcend.

Maybe what you are seeing is not your higher self, but a step on the path to seeing and becoming your higher self. Or maybe your higher self uses its crazy wisdom to appear as what is appropriate for you to face at this moment.

Regardless, processing the feelings that come up when you see or imagine you see your higher self might lead to interesting insights.

I have seen many dream characters that seemed to be of much higher awareness, but I haven't tried to see my higher self, now I want to try it!
      juroara and Facepaintingfun like this.

LD Count
      Natural LD.
      Brisbane
      How did you achieve meeting your higher self?
      What did you say while you were lucid to find that?

Banned
      I hate to brag, but if I ever met my higher self, they would have to be on a step ladder.

Member Achievements:

Florida
      DJ Entries
      @FallenAwake Ha! If you succeed, you'll have to share! I'm really interested in others experiences with this.

@Mellie... When I realized I was lucid, I just gave the thought that I wanted to meet my higher self and everything followed after that strong desire. You only have to think or say the desire while you're in the dream and it happens. That was my experience.
      Last edited by Facepaintingfun; 04-19-2011 at 07:26 PM.

Higher Consciousness Now Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal Made lots of Friends on DV 1000 Hall Points Tagger First Class Veteran First Class
      LD Count
      54 from 4/29/11
      MD
      DJ Entries
      That makes perfect sense if you were to meet your higher self it would be a total sum reflection of who u are as a being. I've never met with my higher self but nor do i really desire to, i tap in to that part of me for information purposes and its infinite im sure. Now I do have a desire to meet the source of all energy and had an opportunity to ask but chickened out, instead i got to know my spirit guide a little better.

Gratitude can be freedom Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal Tagger First Class Made Friends on DV 1000 Hall Points Veteran First Class
      Indianapolis, IN
      DJ Entries
      Well, I had a lucid dream last night and I asked to see my higher self. I'm all excited. I've been trying to update my dream journal so that I can get to entering last night's in the proper order, but gah, now I'm burnt out on writing and editing.

A superficial summary: the dream was interesting, dim, emotional, and inspiring. It also had some similarities with other experiences posted here in terms of darkness. I don't mean to tease but my mind is in writer-warped mode and I don't want to misrepresent my dream with crappy writing. I'm too excited about the dream to not at least post something. :p

LD Count
      Too many
      not sure if ive met a higher self, but i remember having a very pivital dream, i was fighting myself, struggling, a stronger me and a weaker me, in stature and personality, the weaker me stabbed the other with a long knife, as he of course was desperate being weaker and all i guess, then the stronger me looked up at me(now the weaker me) and said "So, thats how its gonna be eh?" I remember thinking the wound was not fatal, and that he would be back one day.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast