• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views




    Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Results 1 to 25 of 66
    1. #1
      Lucidian Knight Jackson1610's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 2007
      Gender
      Location
      Campbell, New York, United States
      Posts
      15
      Likes
      11

      Everyone has Lucids...

      Everyone has lucid dreams throught there lives, they might not realize it but they do. I remember before I joined this site and really learned what Lucid Dreaming was, I had Lucid all the time, but I never knew thats what they were called untill after I joined. But untill you know what Lucid Dreaming is and you learn to control your dreams, its just not any fun.
      All men whilst they are awake are in one common world: but each of them, when he is asleep, is in a world of his own.

    2. #2
      Arctic fox dreamer. mustbe18's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 2008
      Gender
      Location
      some where in alaska
      Posts
      252
      Likes
      0
      That's how I was Before I joined here.
      I had something like 9 lucid dreams before I knew I could control them.
      If only I knew, I would have been trying to lucid for several years, but since I didn't know i could control the dream I didn't care about it at all.

      Total lucids: 22 DILD(20) DEILD(1) semi lucid (6) objectives: attain perfect clarity [X] Grow a controllable tail [3/5] Fly[X] waterbend[ ] meet my dream guide[ ] change dreamscape[ ] perform a perfect Kamehameha wave[1/2] become my fursona [ ]

    3. #3
      .. / .- / .- .-. guitarboy's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 2008
      LD Count
      Over 9000
      Gender
      Location
      Homeward Bound
      Posts
      1,571
      Likes
      49
      yah, everyone can realize they are dreaming.
      O SHIZ its a cat girl must be dreaming.! either that or im at slayers house...

    4. #4
      Mew Hunter Lucid Warrior's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 2007
      LD Count
      28
      Gender
      Location
      USA
      Posts
      151
      Likes
      2
      I really don't remember any instances of lucid dreams before I started trying.

    5. #5
      I WANT A LUCID DREAM!!!!! Rai Saix's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2008
      Gender
      Location
      Florida
      Posts
      379
      Likes
      1
      Quote Originally Posted by guitarboy View Post
      yah, everyone can realize they are dreaming.
      O SHIZ its a cat girl must be dreaming.! either that or im at slayers house...
      Or in his mind!

    6. #6
      Banned
      Join Date
      Mar 2008
      Posts
      4,904
      Likes
      64
      Actually not everyone just lucid dreams naturally throughout their lives, or at least they don't remember it when they wake up. I had my first one at 16 and I was like "WTF?!"

      I have read about a lot of naturals on here though who have great dream control and love having fun lucid dreams, even before they found out what it was and any techniques to induce/control them.

      Um... the whole point of having a lucid dream hinges on the fact that you realize it. So if you aren't realizing it... well, you aren't lucid dreaming...

    7. #7
      DILD: 05 / WILD: 00 Mercen_505's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 2008
      Gender
      Location
      Planet Urth
      Posts
      95
      Likes
      0
      I managed to have two very brief lucid dreams before I started my training. I had one in 1997, and another in... well, a decade later

      Hopefully I can start having them more frequently!

    8. #8
      Lucidian Knight Jackson1610's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 2007
      Gender
      Location
      Campbell, New York, United States
      Posts
      15
      Likes
      11
      im talking about being able to remember them and that kind of stuff.
      All men whilst they are awake are in one common world: but each of them, when he is asleep, is in a world of his own.

    9. #9
      Banned
      Join Date
      Mar 2008
      Posts
      4,904
      Likes
      64
      The number of noobs on here trying hard to have lucids without ever recalling one.... clearly, not everyone just naturally has and recalls lucid dreams, especially not throughout their lives. Try posting this in the noob section, and I wonder how much you will hear about it
      On the other hand, I have met about 5 people who have them and recall them, though they may not know the term or that they could be controlled. 2 of them were naturals and 2 of them only mentioned one ld, so it's not like it happened over their lives. All of them seemed to think that they couldn't be controlled, and see them in a negative light Pff. I wish I had those problems. Ignorance is easy to remedy, but lucidity can be hard to learn

    10. #10
      Banned
      Join Date
      Jun 2007
      Gender
      Posts
      1,044
      Likes
      4
      actually becoming lucid can be quite common

      it's the control part that gets people

    11. #11
      King Wizard <span class='glow_9400D3'>Chewnie91</span>'s Avatar
      Join Date
      May 2008
      LD Count
      Countless
      Gender
      Location
      The Astral Planes
      Posts
      396
      Likes
      119
      The only difficulty is training yourself to realize that you are dreaming o.O
      Dreams are today's answers to tomorrow's questions. ~ Edgar Cayce

    12. #12
      can haz dv Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal Tagger First Class Made lots of Friends on DV Populated Wall Referrer Bronze Veteran First Class 5000 Hall Points
      <span class='glow_FF1493'>Cacophony</span>'s Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2008
      LD Count
      [Statistic]
      Gender
      Location
      The cupboard under the stairs
      Posts
      902
      Likes
      150
      DJ Entries
      70
      I don't think you could say 'most' people...

      No one ever asked me if I had ever lucid dreamed before... I'm assuming most people in the world haven't taken a survey with the question 'do you lucid dream' on it.

      Some people are natural at dream recall, others aren't. I would imagine people have lucid dreams without recalling them, probably people who don't know what it is... I have met a token few lucky folk who had lucid dreams on a regular basis without knowing what it was.

      My best friend for example - I was talking to her about lucid dreaming and my dream journal, etc. etc... She looks at me and goes, "wait, I do that all the time - almost every night I know I'm dreaming and I control the dream however I want. I thought everyone could do that without trying..."

      "...and we want punks in the palace, 'cos punks got the loveliest dreams..." - A Silver Mt. Zion
      It was the best of times. It was the end of times.

    13. #13
      Fan of "That Guy" Lzen's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 2007
      Gender
      Location
      California, USA
      Posts
      1,105
      Likes
      29
      Quote Originally Posted by cacophony View Post
      My best friend for example - I was talking to her about lucid dreaming and my dream journal, etc. etc... She looks at me and goes, "wait, I do that all the time - almost every night I know I'm dreaming and I control the dream however I want. I thought everyone could do that without trying..."
      Same thing here with one of my friends. I have quite a difficult time believing that anyone can be "natural" at something as infuriatingly hit-or-miss (to me at least) as lucid dreaming, but...him? The sort of guy that you just have to know in order to appreciate how weird he really is?
      Final Fantasy VI Rules!

      Total LDs: 10 | WILDs: 4 | DILDs: 5 | DEILDs: 2
      "Take atheism, for example. Not a religion? Their pseudo-dogmatic will to convert others to their system of beliefs is eerily reminiscent of the very behavior they criticize in the religious."

    14. #14
      can haz dv Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal Tagger First Class Made lots of Friends on DV Populated Wall Referrer Bronze Veteran First Class 5000 Hall Points
      <span class='glow_FF1493'>Cacophony</span>'s Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2008
      LD Count
      [Statistic]
      Gender
      Location
      The cupboard under the stairs
      Posts
      902
      Likes
      150
      DJ Entries
      70
      I know what you mean....

      It doesn't feel fair, but then again - nothing is.

      "...and we want punks in the palace, 'cos punks got the loveliest dreams..." - A Silver Mt. Zion
      It was the best of times. It was the end of times.

    15. #15
      Member supreme's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2008
      Gender
      Location
      Ontario, Canada
      Posts
      473
      Likes
      1
      I believe everyone does or can, as well!
      Dream A Little Dream Of Me
      <a href=http://imageshack.us target=_blank rel=nofollow><img src=http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/6425/bugxf3.gif border=0 alt= /></a>

    16. #16
      Lucidian Knight Jackson1610's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 2007
      Gender
      Location
      Campbell, New York, United States
      Posts
      15
      Likes
      11
      no offence to people on this forum but you obviously dont understand what im saying...
      i admit no one has ld's all the time without trying but for example everyone remembers some dreams, its not like its a power granted to those who understand it, its a natural occurance and it can and WILL happen to anyone. granted it wont be everyday like some of the people on this site but they DO have a FORM of a Lucid Dream.

      Quote Originally Posted by Shift View Post
      Actually not everyone just lucid dreams naturally throughout their lives, or at least they don't remember it when they wake up. I had my first one at 16 and I was like "WTF?!"

      I have read about a lot of naturals on here though who have great dream control and love having fun lucid dreams, even before they found out what it was and any techniques to induce/control them.

      Um... the whole point of having a lucid dream hinges on the fact that you realize it. So if you aren't realizing it... well, you aren't lucid dreaming...
      good point. but still people remember bits and pieces of their dreams every once and a while, almost everyone i know has told me of a dream they had and i ask them if they know what its called when they remember it and they all say "no, what is it?" and i tell them, and a few of them have even joined this site because of it.
      Last edited by panta-rei; 03-19-2009 at 03:12 AM.
      All men whilst they are awake are in one common world: but each of them, when he is asleep, is in a world of his own.

    17. #17
      Banned
      Join Date
      Mar 2008
      Posts
      4,904
      Likes
      64
      Quote Originally Posted by Jackson1610 View Post
      good point. but still people remember bits and pieces of their dreams every once and a while, almost everyone i know has told me of a dream they had and i ask them if they know what its called when they remember it and they all say "no, what is it?" and i tell them, and a few of them have even joined this site because of it.
      I'm confused, are you talking about remembering regular dreams or remembering lucid dreams?

      But yea I agree and understand (I think) what you are saying, that people can randomly have lucids, but not control them, and not realize how much fun is openly accessible. I have met people who lucid dream pretty randomly or whatever, who don't know about it, and don't know that it can be induced or controlled. This seems to contrast with those 'naturals'. But I think the difference between people like that and myself, is that people like me went, "Oh my god that was the most incredible experience of my life" and looked it up, because of some inherent interest in dreams and realizing the possibilities, while others didn't or just flat out weren't really interested in dreams. And then I guess you could say that the only difference between naturals and myself is that they experience lucid dreams at a higher frequency, and learned to control them without consulting outside sources. I'm a child of my generation and I use the internet for everything, so even before I had my second 'natural' lucid dream I'd already read up on it and read about all the techniques to induce and control. Maybe I just got ahead of myself Maybe the only difference is that I experienced it at 16, and they all seem to have experienced it earlier in life? Had I had this knowledge that it was possible (I would have absolutely had the interest), I'd probably have grown up lucid dreaming, too.

      Some of course hear about it and don't recall ever having had such an experience, maybe they never did or maybe it was simply forgotten, and so they have to research their way into lucid dreaming.

      Everyone here realizes that lucid dreams are natural, I think.
      Last edited by Shift; 10-29-2008 at 04:30 PM.

    18. #18
      Bio-Turing Machine O'nus's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2003
      Gender
      Location
      - Canada -
      Posts
      4,167
      Likes
      115
      Quote Originally Posted by Jackson1610
      Everyone has lucid dreams throught there lives, they might not realize it but they do.

      im talking about being able to remember them and that kind of stuff.

      i admit no one has ld's all the time without trying but for example everyone remembers some dreams, its not like its a power granted to those who understand it, its a natural occurance and it can and WILL happen to anyone. granted it wont be everyday like some of the people on this site but they DO have a FORM of a Lucid Dream.
      You're fringing on tautology.

      Yes, everyone has the ability to recollect and have lucid dreams. Yes, the frequency of these skills is based on someones education and awareness of the topic.

      What exactly are you saying here..? Couldn't you say the same thing about mathematics..? Everyone will intuitively use mathematics to some degree before formally learning about it. So, what is your point..?

      ~

    19. #19
      Member shotbirds's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 2008
      Gender
      Posts
      460
      Likes
      0
      I don't remember having any lucids before my friend introduced me to them but I just had a dream where I was telling my friend about a dream I had with him in it :/.
      LD's: 18
      Listen to This Will Destroy You

    20. #20
      Lucidian Knight Jackson1610's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 2007
      Gender
      Location
      Campbell, New York, United States
      Posts
      15
      Likes
      11
      Quote Originally Posted by Shift View Post
      I'm confused, are you talking about remembering regular dreams or remembering lucid dreams?

      But yea I agree and understand (I think) what you are saying, that people can randomly have lucids, but not control them, and not realize how much fun is openly accessible. I have met people who lucid dream pretty randomly or whatever, who don't know about it, and don't know that it can be induced or controlled. This seems to contrast with those 'naturals'. But I think the difference between people like that and myself, is that people like me went, "Oh my god that was the most incredible experience of my life" and looked it up, because of some inherent interest in dreams and realizing the possibilities, while others didn't or just flat out weren't really interested in dreams. And then I guess you could say that the only difference between naturals and myself is that they experience lucid dreams at a higher frequency, and learned to control them without consulting outside sources. I'm a child of my generation and I use the internet for everything, so even before I had my second 'natural' lucid dream I'd already read up on it and read about all the techniques to induce and control. Maybe I just got ahead of myself Maybe the only difference is that I experienced it at 16, and they all seem to have experienced it earlier in life? Had I had this knowledge that it was possible (I would have absolutely had the interest), I'd probably have grown up lucid dreaming, too.

      Some of course hear about it and don't recall ever having had such an experience, maybe they never did or maybe it was simply forgotten, and so they have to research their way into lucid dreaming.

      Everyone here realizes that lucid dreams are natural, I think.
      Exactly, thats what im saying. dream recal can happen to anyone but dream control is only obtained through practice, and thats not possible without knowing how. so no, not everyone has lucids but in a way, everyone does.
      All men whilst they are awake are in one common world: but each of them, when he is asleep, is in a world of his own.

    21. #21
      bаnned yuriythebest's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 2008
      Gender
      Posts
      982
      Likes
      23
      I knew what lucids were but wasn't able to get any 'real' lucids so I stopped trying and gave up the whole dreaming thing until very recently when I accidentally had one so now I'm trying to induce em.
      TAKE DV members advice with caution! some have had zero or 1-2 LD's yet act like gurus
      TOTAL LD's (almost all DILD/MILD) =160!!
      new goals: have more LD's than Shift[X]
      10-15min LD [ X] Article: A day in the life of an LD-er
      the "Mind V.S. Body" Induction technique
      Everyman 2 LD's/ sleep schedule progress

    22. #22
      Banned
      Join Date
      Mar 2008
      Posts
      4,904
      Likes
      64
      Can you post a sentence clearly stating what it is that you're trying to say? Cause... I'm still confused.

    23. #23
      Member
      Join Date
      Feb 2007
      Posts
      389
      Likes
      0
      Quote Originally Posted by Jackson1610 View Post
      Everyone has lucid dreams throught there lives, they might not realize it but they do. I remember before I joined this site and really learned what Lucid Dreaming was, I had Lucid all the time, but I never knew thats what they were called untill after I joined. But untill you know what Lucid Dreaming is and you learn to control your dreams, its just not any fun.
      what a sweeping generalization...



      Tweek
      Last edited by Tweek; 12-03-2008 at 12:32 AM.

    24. #24
      Worst title ever Grod's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 2007
      LD Count
      breathe for me
      Gender
      Location
      gliding in the absolute
      Posts
      3,550
      Likes
      194
      Though it is certainly true everyone has the potential for lucid dreams, not everyone has had one before. Though I have talked to people about them and they didn't know the name of the occurrence, but they had had the experience.

    25. #25
      Lucidian Knight Jackson1610's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 2007
      Gender
      Location
      Campbell, New York, United States
      Posts
      15
      Likes
      11
      Quote Originally Posted by Grod View Post
      Though it is certainly true everyone has the potential for lucid dreams, not everyone has had one before. Though I have talked to people about them and they didn't know the name of the occurrence, but they had had the experience.
      thats what im talking about
      All men whilst they are awake are in one common world: but each of them, when he is asleep, is in a world of his own.

    Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

    Bookmarks

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •