• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views




    Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Results 1 to 25 of 103
    1. #1
      Ex Tech Admin Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal Tagger First Class Veteran First Class 10000 Hall Points Populated Wall Referrer Gold Made lots of Friends on DV
      slash112's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 2008
      Gender
      Location
      Sunny Scotland
      Posts
      5,113
      Likes
      1531
      DJ Entries
      29

      does anyone else think this?

      i wasnt entirely sure wether to put this here or not but anyway...

      im not really a religious person but i have a few beliefs, i like to think that we all go to heaven, and the reason being is that where we are is hell, you cant get any worse than this, although i do think we should all make the most of life, but does anyone else believe we are in hell now so we all go to heaven?

    2. #2
      Emotionally unsatisfied. Sandform's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2007
      Gender
      Location
      Texas
      Posts
      4,299
      Likes
      23
      No I believe I am on Earth and unless I get in a space craft I will remain on Earth until I die. There is nothing further after death.

    3. #3
      Member Achievements:
      1 year registered 1000 Hall Points Referrer Bronze Veteran First Class

      Join Date
      Jul 2006
      Gender
      Posts
      1,122
      Likes
      19
      I agree with Sandform insofar as proof is concerned; all my decisions are based on proof, otherwise I don't really make any assumptions when it comes to "knowing" anything for sure.

      If you mean Heaven vis-a-vis Christianity, then hell no I don't think it is real. If you mean heaven in a subjective way, that is different. I would say oblivion is heaven compared to life.

    4. #4
      Ex Tech Admin Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal Tagger First Class Veteran First Class 10000 Hall Points Populated Wall Referrer Gold Made lots of Friends on DV
      slash112's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 2008
      Gender
      Location
      Sunny Scotland
      Posts
      5,113
      Likes
      1531
      DJ Entries
      29
      to make it fully clear i fully believe we are on a planet created by the big bang. when i say this is hell, a better way of putting it is that there isnt really a hell because u cant get worse than this.

      and how can u believe there is nothing after death, i think that is a pretty miserable way to live. do u not even believe in ghosts at least?

      and by the way never, i dont mean heaven in a christian way, i just mean my mind/spirit or sumthing will carry on for eternity in happyness
      Last edited by slash112; 11-21-2008 at 01:41 AM. Reason: forgot

    5. #5
      Emotionally unsatisfied. Sandform's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2007
      Gender
      Location
      Texas
      Posts
      4,299
      Likes
      23
      Quote Originally Posted by slash112 View Post
      to make it fully clear i fully believe we are on a planet created by the big bang. when i say this is hell, a better way of putting it is that there isnt really a hell because u cant get worse than this.

      and how can u believe there is nothing after death, i think that is a pretty miserable way to live. do u not even believe in ghosts at least?
      No I am quite positive ghosts do not exist, aside from symbolic ghosts such as people who might as well be dead because they have given up on life or had horrible things happen to them.

    6. #6
      Ex Tech Admin Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal Tagger First Class Veteran First Class 10000 Hall Points Populated Wall Referrer Gold Made lots of Friends on DV
      slash112's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 2008
      Gender
      Location
      Sunny Scotland
      Posts
      5,113
      Likes
      1531
      DJ Entries
      29
      sandform its quite naive to think that, are you not even open to the posibility?

    7. #7
      Member Achievements:
      1 year registered 1000 Hall Points Referrer Bronze Veteran First Class

      Join Date
      Jul 2006
      Gender
      Posts
      1,122
      Likes
      19
      Quote Originally Posted by slash112 View Post
      and how can u believe there is nothing after death, i think that is a pretty miserable way to live.
      Think about that. Your implied premise is that if it is miserable, it must not be real.

      Of course that is not what you were saying, but inwardly you are rationalizing this way. I do not personally say "there is nothing after death", but I do not say there is either. Belief is an enemy of truth; a very dangerous one. Entertain ideas all you want, just don't make anything concrete.

    8. #8
      Ex Tech Admin Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal Tagger First Class Veteran First Class 10000 Hall Points Populated Wall Referrer Gold Made lots of Friends on DV
      slash112's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 2008
      Gender
      Location
      Sunny Scotland
      Posts
      5,113
      Likes
      1531
      DJ Entries
      29
      i like the way u think never, i supose ure rite but i just want something to live for

    9. #9
      Emotionally unsatisfied. Sandform's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2007
      Gender
      Location
      Texas
      Posts
      4,299
      Likes
      23
      Quote Originally Posted by slash112 View Post
      sandform its quite naive to think that, are you not even open to the posibility?
      Bring me evidence of ghosts that is reproducible (as by the very nature of ghosts it should be) and I will gladly reevaluate my position. However, as with all supernatural claims, there has been no proof in all of recorded history, which has spanned a very long time period, that event points towards supernatural things existing.

      Now follow me here. Other claims that, if true, were much harder than ghosts to prove, if ghosts were true, have been proven. That leads me to believe that there is no such thing as ghosts, and there is nothing wrong with me saying I am quite positive when the very lack of evidence over such a LONG period of time is actually evidence of lacking. If I were to say to you every five years a money pops up in front of every person says seven words of wisdom and then disappears, you would need only wait 5 years to prove me wrong. This is similar to claims about ghosts. If you were to say to me that ghosts exist somewhere on the planet Earth, then by their very nature they would be observable, otherwise you could not tell that they were there, and thus testable. Even if it is beyond explanation at some point in history you would be capable of proving that some ghost some where existed.

    10. #10
      Member Achievements:
      1 year registered 1000 Hall Points Referrer Bronze Veteran First Class

      Join Date
      Jul 2006
      Gender
      Posts
      1,122
      Likes
      19
      Quote Originally Posted by slash112 View Post
      i like the way u think never, i supose ure rite but i just want something to live for
      Yeah me too, lol. It is hard to be a seeker of truth and lack love of life at the same time.

    11. #11
      Ex Tech Admin Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal Tagger First Class Veteran First Class 10000 Hall Points Populated Wall Referrer Gold Made lots of Friends on DV
      slash112's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 2008
      Gender
      Location
      Sunny Scotland
      Posts
      5,113
      Likes
      1531
      DJ Entries
      29
      sandform: many people claim they have had some sort of encounter with ghosts, some will be liers, pshycos, and some may be telling the truth, many people have been very sceptical then had their minds changed because they thought they encountered a ghost, it would take one hell of an experience to change a strong sceptics mind.

      i also know many people who have had an experience, and i firmly believe them.

      and by the way, unexplained gaps in scientific theories have been explained relativily recently

    12. #12
      Ex Tech Admin Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal Tagger First Class Veteran First Class 10000 Hall Points Populated Wall Referrer Gold Made lots of Friends on DV
      slash112's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 2008
      Gender
      Location
      Sunny Scotland
      Posts
      5,113
      Likes
      1531
      DJ Entries
      29
      last reply cont...

      so this gap may be explained some day

    13. #13
      Emotionally unsatisfied. Sandform's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2007
      Gender
      Location
      Texas
      Posts
      4,299
      Likes
      23
      Quote Originally Posted by slash112 View Post
      sandform: many people claim they have had some sort of encounter with ghosts, some will be liers, pshycos, and some may be telling the truth, many people have been very sceptical then had their minds changed because they thought they encountered a ghost, it would take one hell of an experience to change a strong sceptics mind.
      Actually, as a patron of DV you should know, many "skeptics" are easily fooled and believe they have "near death experiences" which take them to the "afterlife" but they are pulled back. We know exactly what NDE's are and what astral projection and many other claims of paranormal really are.

      Quote Originally Posted by slash112 View Post
      i also know many people who have had an experience, and i firmly believe them.
      Often people misinterpret what they see. But that is very much beyond the point. I'm not talking about anecdotal evidence, I am talking about reproducible evidence, which by the very nature of the description of ghosts and many other paranormal claims should be easily possible.

      Quote Originally Posted by slash112 View Post
      and by the way, unexplained gaps in scientific theories have been explained relativily recently
      Like atoms?

      Yes, some "unexplained gaps" have been explained recently, but that is only because the gaps themselves are "relatively new" subjects to have gaps in. Unlike the supernatural, the claims you're probably speaking of have not been under scrutiny since the before recorded history.

    14. #14
      Ex Tech Admin Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal Tagger First Class Veteran First Class 10000 Hall Points Populated Wall Referrer Gold Made lots of Friends on DV
      slash112's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 2008
      Gender
      Location
      Sunny Scotland
      Posts
      5,113
      Likes
      1531
      DJ Entries
      29
      yes like atoms, how the electrons and stuff defy previous laws e.g. newtons laws of motion, these gaps were finaly filled by quantum theory.

      so my point is one day they will be able to find the answer to or unanswered question.

      by the way u cant prove that u are right either

    15. #15
      Emotionally unsatisfied. Sandform's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2007
      Gender
      Location
      Texas
      Posts
      4,299
      Likes
      23
      Quote Originally Posted by slash112 View Post
      yes like atoms, how the electrons and stuff defy previous laws e.g. newtons laws of motion, these gaps were finaly filled by quantum theory.

      so my point is one day they will be able to find the answer to or unanswered question.

      by the way u cant prove that u are right either

      When it comes to a claim about the existence of something "you can't prove it doesn't exist" isn't an argument, at all. I assume it is because the argument it is responding to is usually "you have given no proof for its existence." The problem is that the only proof of the non-existence of the claim is the nonexistence of evidence.

      But the problem here is that supernatural claims ARE NOT HARD to prove, or at least they would not be hard to prove if they were true. Your argument that "gaps can be filled" is no argument at all. A claim such as supernatural things exists would not be hard to prove, at all.

    16. #16
      Ex Tech Admin Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal Tagger First Class Veteran First Class 10000 Hall Points Populated Wall Referrer Gold Made lots of Friends on DV
      slash112's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 2008
      Gender
      Location
      Sunny Scotland
      Posts
      5,113
      Likes
      1531
      DJ Entries
      29
      how do u prove somethhng like that.

    17. #17
      Emotionally unsatisfied. Sandform's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2007
      Gender
      Location
      Texas
      Posts
      4,299
      Likes
      23
      Quote Originally Posted by slash112 View Post
      how do u prove somethhng like that.
      Are you serious?

      A list of claims that should be easy to prove.


      Telepathy,
      Telekinesis,
      Ghosts that inhabit houses, or grounds.
      Spirits,
      Shamans,
      wizards,
      Wicca witchcraft.

      Do I really need to go on?

    18. #18
      Ex Tech Admin Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal Tagger First Class Veteran First Class 10000 Hall Points Populated Wall Referrer Gold Made lots of Friends on DV
      slash112's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 2008
      Gender
      Location
      Sunny Scotland
      Posts
      5,113
      Likes
      1531
      DJ Entries
      29
      no im just talking about ghosts

    19. #19
      Emotionally unsatisfied. Sandform's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2007
      Gender
      Location
      Texas
      Posts
      4,299
      Likes
      23
      Quote Originally Posted by slash112 View Post
      no im just talking about ghosts
      Ghosts were in the list, ghosts should be easily proven. Ghosts are said to "haunt specific grounds," or "linger around certain people," etc. It would not be difficult to observe this if ghosts truly existed.

    20. #20
      Ex Tech Admin Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal Tagger First Class Veteran First Class 10000 Hall Points Populated Wall Referrer Gold Made lots of Friends on DV
      slash112's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 2008
      Gender
      Location
      Sunny Scotland
      Posts
      5,113
      Likes
      1531
      DJ Entries
      29
      yes people have shown this, but people who cant accept it, want a scientific explanation. people have infact shown what goes on in their houses to people and even shown on tv.
      but what im saying is that their will one day be calculations/theories involved

    21. #21
      Emotionally unsatisfied. Sandform's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2007
      Gender
      Location
      Texas
      Posts
      4,299
      Likes
      23
      Quote Originally Posted by slash112 View Post
      yes people have shown this, but people who cant accept it, want a scientific explanation. people have infact shown what goes on in their houses to people and even shown on tv.
      but what im saying is that their will one day be calculations/theories involved
      Or, people who have examined the evidence who aren't going into it believing that it had to have been ghosts can accurately give factual explanations for what happened.

      Nothing except for "recreations" have been made for ghost stories on television. Trust me, ghost hunters has never given any real evidence for ghosts.

    22. #22
      Ex Tech Admin Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal Tagger First Class Veteran First Class 10000 Hall Points Populated Wall Referrer Gold Made lots of Friends on DV
      slash112's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 2008
      Gender
      Location
      Sunny Scotland
      Posts
      5,113
      Likes
      1531
      DJ Entries
      29
      well i stand by the thought that if quantum physics is possible then there can just as easily be an explanation behind what people experience, supernatural or not

    23. #23
      Emotionally unsatisfied. Sandform's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2007
      Gender
      Location
      Texas
      Posts
      4,299
      Likes
      23
      Quote Originally Posted by slash112 View Post
      well i stand by the thought that if quantum physics is possible then there can just as easily be an explanation behind what people experience, supernatural or not
      I never thought this would actually come in handy.



    24. #24
      Member
      Join Date
      Mar 2008
      Location
      Where you live
      Posts
      275
      Likes
      4
      Congrats, you found a use for the most useless motivator on the internet.

    25. #25
      Ex Tech Admin Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal Tagger First Class Veteran First Class 10000 Hall Points Populated Wall Referrer Gold Made lots of Friends on DV
      slash112's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 2008
      Gender
      Location
      Sunny Scotland
      Posts
      5,113
      Likes
      1531
      DJ Entries
      29
      omg haha
      anyways, i think its time for me to try to LD

    Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

    Bookmarks

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •