• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 LastLast
    Like Tree153Likes

Thread: Jeff777's Free-falling WILD technique!

Lucid Elder God Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal Made lots of Friends on DV Referrer Bronze Tagger First Class Veteran First Class 5000 Hall Points
      LD Count
      non-Euclidean
      DJ Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by xxdanxx View Post
      I don't understadn what he means about an 'illogical thought', is it just a thought or image that can't happen in reality? for example flying or something I don't quite understand. If someone can post what it actually is.
      Incoherent and dreamlike, to a certain degree everyone experiences some scrambled thoughts and images upon sleep onset whether they remember them or not. If you haven't experienced this then next time you fall asleep try to be more aware of the hypnagogic state.
      I find that imagining people I know saying random stuff for a few minutes brings on illogical thinking and the hypnagogic state quite nicely
      My Lucid Dreaming Articles/Tutorials:
      Mindfulness - An Alternative Approach to ADA
      Intent in Lucid Dreaming; Break that Dry-Spell, Escape the Technique Rut

Always, no sometimes think it's me,
      But you know I know when it's a dream
      I think I know I mean a yes
      But it's all wrong
      That is I think I disagree

-John Lennon

LD Count
      I too don't understand what an illogical thought is.

Is this one? :
      To go cat supermarket I chemistry.

Next-Level EpicOneironaut Achievements:
      Tagger Second Class Created Dream Journal 1000 Hall Points Made lots of Friends on DV Referrer Bronze Veteran First Class
      LD Count
      Epic
      DJ Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by Chevaughn View Post
      I too don't understand what an illogical thought is.

Is this one? :
      To go cat supermarket I chemistry.
      Yep, that's possible. It's a thought that makes no sense at all. When you recognize it you'll be like 'Wait...what? Why on earth did I think that?' Don't pay too much attention to your thoughts while listening for them, because that will keep you awake and prevent them for coming.

Member Achievements:
      Made lots of Friends on DV Populated Wall Tagger First Class Created Dream Journal Referrer Silver 1000 Hall Points Veteran First Class

DJ Entries
      I don't understadn what he means about an 'illogical thought'
      Something that doesn't make logical sense - such as phasing through walls etc. As you move closer and closer to the transition between consciousness and dreaming, the logic centre of your brain begins to shut down.

LD Count
      Quote Originally Posted by Spyguy View Post
      Yep, that's possible. It's a thought that makes no sense at all. When you recognize it you'll be like 'Wait...what? Why on earth did I think that?' Don't pay too much attention to your thoughts while listening for them, because that will keep you awake and prevent them for coming.
      Oh, but wouldn't it keep me awake if I try to come up with illogical thoughts on my own?

NullPointerException Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal Made lots of Friends on DV Tagger First Class Populated Wall Referrer Bronze 10000 Hall Points Veteran First Class
      LD Count
      avg: ≥2/w
      DJ Entries
      Not if you don't force them. Let it 'flow'.
      Spyguy likes this.

Any questions about lucid dreaming? Drop me a PM here!

Next-Level EpicOneironaut Achievements:
      Tagger Second Class Created Dream Journal 1000 Hall Points Made lots of Friends on DV Referrer Bronze Veteran First Class
      LD Count
      Epic
      DJ Entries
      BTW guys, just something worth mentioning, this free-falling is very useful for meditation as well. Don't do it while laying down, because that is a guaranteed falling asleep Unless you want to fall asleep ofcourse

LD Count
      If you wake up during the early morning, how long does it personally take for you to get illogical thoughts.

If you wake up during the early morning, how long does it personally take for you to get illogical thoughts.
      I'm certainly not an expert, but I do believe that when you are WILDing, you don't really have a sense of time, and if you do you will probably not be successful as you are too aware.

Whats an ideal time to wake up to try induce this.

Created Dream Journal Made lots of Friends on DV Tagger First Class Populated Wall Referrer Bronze 10000 Hall Points Veteran First Class
      LD Count
      DJ Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by Lucidnoob01 View Post
      Whats an ideal time to wake up to try induce this.
      before your REM cycles So you'll have to find your REM cycles. Usually when we wake up in the night, it's right after REM.
      Lucidnoob01 likes this.

LD Count
      Quote Originally Posted by fOrceez View Post
      before your REM cycles So you'll have to find your REM cycles. Usually when we wake up in the night, it's right after REM.
      So, if I try to WILD when I wake up (which is after REM) in the middle of the night, would I still be able to WILD (knowing that another REM period might occur)?

LD Count
      DJ Entries
      It depends which part of the night you wake up in and how many hours of sleep you got, i suppose.

LD Count
      Quote Originally Posted by fOrceez View Post
      It depends which part of the night you wake up in and how many hours of sleep you got, i suppose.
      k.
      thnx!

LD Count
      Pleven
      Last night i tried this when i was going to sleep even though i knew i would hardly succeed since i am just going to bed and not WBTB-ing, but it worked!I was in a forest saw a group of people pushed them away started flying grabbed a woman threw her on the ground and flew over the whole forest and 1 min later the dream fell apart.I think it works yeah going to try it this night too GREAT METHOD!

Lurker
      Hi Jeff, I have a question for you, I have tried using your free fall technique, everything works great but for one thing. When I get illogical thoughts and images, they seem to last for a few short seconds only, and I get snapped right out into controlled awake state, with logical thinking. Is there a way to elongate that for me? So that I can continue being in that state?

LD Count
      New Zealand
      DJ Entries
      Has anyone tried combining this tech with crazyinsanes CAN-WILD? seems like it would be a good idea, might make a thread on it but anyone? input, thanks

LD Count
      40-ish 1 WILD
      London
      I've made it! I couldn't sleep for about an hour. But i wanted to sleep further because i needed some more sleep.
      Then i decided to try the free-falling technique. I've done that before, but not knowing what it was.
      So i layed still for a while. Let my mind do what it wanted to think. I don't remember what random thoughts i had, because i gave them no attention!
      I didn't intend to WILD, but at some point I 'catched' my mind from falling deeper. It was the moment when sleep paralysis set in. Sensations were going through my whole body and i was lifted a bit. As i was set back into my bed, i knew i was now dreaming. Opened my eyes and voila!
      I haven't OBEd yet but I done this the other day. I was awake but kinda asleep (well i wasnt) my mind was just esle where and i wasn't paying attention. as soon as i noticed what was happening, SP started to kicked in but i started shitting myself so it stopped lol

LD Count
      Over 9,000
      :-)
      Dark_Merlin likes this.
      Things are not as they seem

Wondering
      Kent, UK
      wow i know little about lucid dreaming and have never read this post, but i always used to try make myself think illogical thoughts to help me sleep quicker.

LD Count
      Earth
      DJ Entries
      Wow can't WAIT to try this with all the positive feedback, get ready for my first WILD guys!
      Jeff777 likes this.
      I am awake
      Or so it seems
      Living a life
      Among my dreams...

Rejoin Date: May 16/2012

Member Achievements:
      1 year registered 5000 Hall Points Veteran First Class
      LD Count
      Sydney
      I tried this yesterday and I sense I was close but no dice. Interesting as I think I was intuitively doing this when I had my first lucid dreams aged 15-16. The trouble was I couldn't get myself to relax - common problem with WBTB. Also I think my wake cycle was not optimally timed - only sleep 5 hours and disturbed in between. Seemed like my super long dream periods occurred several hours later. Seemed like when I switched to breathing the imagery also ceased ( although I could feel a sensation in my body indicating the beginnings of sleep paralysis it never fully materialised ) Then I had to do the illogical weighted jacket thing and cycled between the two. Finally I got fed up and rolled over, went to sleep.

Next time I'm going to try without moving. Will have an auto-shutdown alarm and go from there. Also it seemed like using some of the dream imagery I was having at the time was helping with getting more illogical and dream like.
      Last edited by supernaut76; 07-15-2012 at 03:54 AM.

LD Count
      DJ Entries
      This may well be a good technique for me. I started focusing on LDing at the beginning of June, and I've become lucid around 10 times (with 6 proper LDs as a result). The majority of these were WILDs, but I've never intentionally gone into SP; I've just found myself in SP and been able to WILD from there. This is often because I spot how dreamlike and illogical my thoughts are as I'm right on the verge of sleeping (so a little later than this guide suggests), although it's certainly not consistent.

But anyways, I'm good at spotting illogical thoughts and good at moving from SP to an LD so this may be something worth trying. Many thanks!

LD Count
      Many.
      Deutschland
      DJ Entries
      This wouldn't work for me. In my experience I was never able to WILD at the beginning of the night. I absolutely have to do WBTB.

I can't see how it would be physically possible either, seeing how we don't enter REM at the beginning of the night. I don't understand how this is supposed to work.

I mean, if we were to somehow consciously enter Non-REM sleep at the beginning of the night, then we'd have to just lay there in some weird pre-dream state for at least 2 or 3 hours in order for the first REM cycle to begin? I don't get it.

ShiNiGaMi Achievements:
      Made lots of Friends on DV Referrer Bronze Created Dream Journal Veteran First Class 5000 Hall Points
      LD Count
      20ish
      M'sila
      DJ Entries
      nice,i think i can find a place for it in my program.
      Previously known as areyoume

"A winner has to speak not of the world as it is, but of the world as it should be!"

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 LastLast