• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views

Like Tree5Likes
    • 1 Post By Yuusha
    • 1 Post By ThreeCat
    • 1 Post By ageofthunder
    • 1 Post By <span class='glow_008000'>LouaiB</span>
    • 1 Post By Yuusha

Thread: Dreaming about practicing stabilization techniques, then deciding to leave a dream scene

Banned
      LD Count

Dreaming about practicing stabilization techniques, then deciding to leave a dream scene

Last night I had a pretty interesting experience.
      I had a dream where I for some reason decided to test the hand rubbing stabilization technique, and since I assumed that I was awake I got the exactly same effect as I would get in waking life - in other words, absolutely nothing.
      But I was still very focused on the idea of lucid dreaming, and I think there was one point when I told myself to remember doing this stabilization technique "the next time I became lucid".
      Then a while later I had a pretty annoying dream where I had messed up something for some guy, and I could hear that he was starting to get upset, and at that point I told myself something like "bah, I will leave this scene now", because I didn't feel like arguing with a dream character - and when I was awake in bed I told myself "yay, I successfully escaped ♫".
      But I cannot say that my mind was very clear, it was more like I somehow knew that I could leave that dream and "get back to where I was in the beginning" or some similar vague logic like that.

What are your opinions on all this?
      Last edited by Yuusha; 09-21-2014 at 05:46 PM.
      LouaiB likes this.

Nine Lives in Theory Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal Made lots of Friends on DV Referrer Bronze Tagger First Class 1000 Hall Points 3 years registered
      DJ Entries
      The second was a semi-lucid: awareness of dream state, but not fully understanding the implications of this. First was you practicing something in a dream you've done in life.

Your practice is beginning to enter your dreams. This is a good sign.
      LouaiB likes this.

Lord of Outland Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal Tagger First Class 1000 Hall Points Veteran First Class
      LD Count
      here at the copa, copacabana
      DJ Entries
      I know how you feel. I remember an alligator chasing me and so I decided to bail out of the dream. Like ThreeCat said, you're definitely making progress. Good luck!
      LouaiB likes this.

Please, call me Louai <span class='glow_008000'>LouaiB</span>'s Avatar
      LD Count
      Mount Lebanon
      DJ Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by ThreeCat View Post
      The second was a semi-lucid: awareness of dream state, but not fully understanding the implications of this. First was you practicing something in a dream you've done in life.

Your practice is beginning to enter your dreams. This is a good sign.
      Same
      ThreeCat likes this.
      I fill my heart with fire, with passion, passion for what makes me nostalgic. A unique perspective fuels my fire, makes me discover new passions, more nostalgia. I love it.

"People tell dreamers to reality check and realize this is the real world and not one of fantasies, but little do they know that for us Lucid Dreamers, it all starts when the RC fails"
      Add me as a friend!!!

Banned
      LD Count
      Thanks for your answers.
      Yes, it's starting to feel kind of interesting - last night I had similar experiences, and I am almost sure that there were a couple occasions when I decided to affect the dream scenes in various ways - although this obviously counts more as Dream Control, but I have a strong feeling that I had moments of slight lucidity as well.
      Too bad I don't remember these dreams that well, kinda shows the importance in practicing your dream recall!
      LouaiB likes this.

Please, call me Louai <span class='glow_008000'>LouaiB</span>'s Avatar
      LD Count
      Mount Lebanon
      DJ Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by Yuusha View Post
      Thanks for your answers.
      Yes, it's starting to feel kind of interesting - last night I had similar experiences, and I am almost sure that there were a couple occasions when I decided to affect the dream scenes in various ways - although this obviously counts more as Dream Control, but I have a strong feeling that I had moments of slight lucidity as well.
      Too bad I don't remember these dreams that well, kinda shows the importance in practicing your dream recall!
      Yeah dream recall is very important for dream vividness, because when you wake up and the experience becomes just a memory, how clear the memory is effects how good and life like the experience was, instead of it being like a distant memory.
      I fill my heart with fire, with passion, passion for what makes me nostalgic. A unique perspective fuels my fire, makes me discover new passions, more nostalgia. I love it.

"People tell dreamers to reality check and realize this is the real world and not one of fantasies, but little do they know that for us Lucid Dreamers, it all starts when the RC fails"
      Add me as a friend!!!