• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views




    Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Results 26 to 50 of 61
    Like Tree28Likes

    Thread: Ask Me About Anything

    1. #26
      Banned
      Join Date
      Jul 2010
      Posts
      898
      Likes
      825
      Quote Originally Posted by slayer View Post
      Tell me what you like most about catgirls.

      The ears or the tail?
      The tail, as long as its going out the back. Cats usually dont sit on their tails



      Quote Originally Posted by Universal Mind
      What percentage of space does Earth take up?

      With that in mind...

      What is 1 minus 0.9999...(infinitely repeating)?
      Space is relative. There is a certain percentage of the solar system is fills. This is a very small percentage as well. So, a dot on a dot on a dot, you get my drift...

      1 - .99 repeating = .11 repeating

    2. #27
      Consciousness in the Void Universal Mind's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2004
      Gender
      Location
      The Eternal Paradox
      Posts
      12,853
      Likes
      1031
      Quote Originally Posted by Chimpertainment View Post
      Space is relative. There is a certain percentage of the solar system is fills. This is a very small percentage as well. So, a dot on a dot on a dot, you get my drift...

      1 - .99 repeating = .11 repeating
      Wouldn't the second answer be .000(repeating)1? 1 - .9 = .1, 1- .99 = .01, 1 - .999 = .001, etc. However, there are proofs that prove the answer is 0. That suggests infinite smallness and 0 are the same. It seems to me that Earth takes up an infinintely small percentage, .000(repeating)1%, of space. That would mean Earth takes up 0% of space, which would mean Earth does not exist as an object. Perhaps this proves that Earth exists only in the mind? You are dreaming. Float out of your chair.
      tommo likes this.
      Quote Originally Posted by really View Post
      God cannot destroy himself because He is Omnipotent.


    3. #28
      Banned
      Join Date
      Jul 2010
      Posts
      898
      Likes
      825
      Quote Originally Posted by Universal Mind View Post
      Wouldn't the second answer be .000(repeating)1? 1 - .9 = .1, 1- .99 = .01, 1 - .999 = .001, etc. However, there are proofs that prove the answer is 0. That suggests infinite smallness and 0 are the same. It seems to me that Earth takes up an infinintely small percentage, .000(repeating)1%, of space. That would mean Earth takes up 0% of space, which would mean Earth does not exist as an object. Perhaps this proves that Earth exists only in the mind? You are dreaming. Float out of your chair.
      ya got me....I suppose it would depend on when it stopped repeating...space is relative...
      Last edited by Chimpertainment; 08-21-2012 at 11:10 AM.

    4. #29
      LD's this year: ~7 tommo's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 2007
      Gender
      Location
      Melbourne
      Posts
      9,202
      Likes
      4986
      DJ Entries
      7
      That was obviously tongue in cheek, but just coz it's smaller on the Universal scale doesn't mean anything.
      Unless you (or your measuring tools) can't observe Earth if you're bigger than space, but you can if you're not. Likewise maybe we can't observe things smaller than whatever the smallest sub-atomic particle we've discovered is unless we built smaller machines somehow.
      But, math is also not reality.

      Oh and chimpertainment your explanation of Quantum physics was laughable.

    5. #30
      Member
      Join Date
      Jun 2012
      LD Count
      9
      Posts
      62
      Likes
      48
      DJ Entries
      16
      Where are the toilets?

    6. #31
      Consciousness in the Void Universal Mind's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2004
      Gender
      Location
      The Eternal Paradox
      Posts
      12,853
      Likes
      1031
      Quote Originally Posted by tommo View Post
      But, math is also not reality.
      Why did you quadruple post?
      Quote Originally Posted by really View Post
      God cannot destroy himself because He is Omnipotent.


    7. #32
      LD's this year: ~7 tommo's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 2007
      Gender
      Location
      Melbourne
      Posts
      9,202
      Likes
      4986
      DJ Entries
      7
      Quote Originally Posted by Universal Mind View Post
      Why did you quadruple post?
      ?

    8. #33
      Consciousness in the Void Universal Mind's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2004
      Gender
      Location
      The Eternal Paradox
      Posts
      12,853
      Likes
      1031
      You posted in this thread 4 times in a row. Didn't you?
      Quote Originally Posted by really View Post
      God cannot destroy himself because He is Omnipotent.


    9. #34
      LD's this year: ~7 tommo's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 2007
      Gender
      Location
      Melbourne
      Posts
      9,202
      Likes
      4986
      DJ Entries
      7
      I did not. At least not on my end.

    10. #35
      Consciousness in the Void Universal Mind's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2004
      Gender
      Location
      The Eternal Paradox
      Posts
      12,853
      Likes
      1031
      Quote Originally Posted by tommo View Post
      I did not. At least not on my end.
      How many in a row showed up on your computer?
      Quote Originally Posted by really View Post
      God cannot destroy himself because He is Omnipotent.


    11. #36
      LD's this year: ~7 tommo's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 2007
      Gender
      Location
      Melbourne
      Posts
      9,202
      Likes
      4986
      DJ Entries
      7
      One. One in a row.

    12. #37
      Consciousness in the Void Universal Mind's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2004
      Gender
      Location
      The Eternal Paradox
      Posts
      12,853
      Likes
      1031
      Quote Originally Posted by tommo View Post
      One. One in a row.
      This shows that you believe there is a difference between one and four and one realistically applied to a real situation while four did not. Doesn't that show that you believe math is reality?
      Quote Originally Posted by really View Post
      God cannot destroy himself because He is Omnipotent.


    13. #38
      Member
      Join Date
      Aug 2012
      Posts
      73
      Likes
      9
      how will you know you already found your soulmate????

    14. #39
      LD's this year: ~7 tommo's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 2007
      Gender
      Location
      Melbourne
      Posts
      9,202
      Likes
      4986
      DJ Entries
      7
      Quote Originally Posted by Universal Mind View Post
      This shows that you believe there is a difference between one and four and one realistically applied to a real situation while four did not. Doesn't that show that you believe math is reality?
      I know you were going to say this.
      It's still not math.
      Math is symbols used to describe reality. Not reality itself.

    15. #40
      Consciousness in the Void Universal Mind's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2004
      Gender
      Location
      The Eternal Paradox
      Posts
      12,853
      Likes
      1031
      Quote Originally Posted by tommo View Post
      I know you were going to say this.
      It's still not math.
      Math is symbols used to describe reality. Not reality itself.
      There is a big debate on that. What do ou call the reality?
      Quote Originally Posted by really View Post
      God cannot destroy himself because He is Omnipotent.


    16. #41
      LD's this year: ~7 tommo's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 2007
      Gender
      Location
      Melbourne
      Posts
      9,202
      Likes
      4986
      DJ Entries
      7
      Debate? It's not up for debate, it's a fact. Show me these numbers floating around.

      I don't call reality anything except reality. It's just.... this. Chemicals. Atoms. Energy.

    17. #42
      Prone to AWOL Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal Tagger First Class Made lots of Friends on DV Referrer Bronze Veteran First Class 5000 Hall Points
      Burke's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2010
      LD Count
      ~A lot
      Gender
      Location
      Buffalo
      Posts
      1,301
      Likes
      797
      DJ Entries
      68
      What do you think of tommo and UM arguing in your thread?
      Universal Mind likes this.
      Have a question? Send me a pm.

      ...We are all connected...

      Multiple Induction Technique (MIT) - Consistently have several lucids each night!

      2016 TotY: Dragon [ ] Fairy [ ] Unicorn [ ] Gnome [ ] Leprechaun [ ] Phoenix [ ] Chimera [ ]

    18. #43
      Consciousness in the Void Universal Mind's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2004
      Gender
      Location
      The Eternal Paradox
      Posts
      12,853
      Likes
      1031
      Quote Originally Posted by tommo View Post
      Debate? It's not up for debate, it's a fact. Show me these numbers floating around.

      I don't call reality anything except reality. It's just.... this. Chemicals. Atoms. Energy.
      There is a debate on it. There are even terms for the different positions on the topic. I'll try to hunt down a good video on it. What do you think is the appropriate word for what the symbols represent? You just illustrated that you think that whatever you call them are real. Otherwise, you might as well have said that you quadruple posted instead of saying you posted once in a row.
      Quote Originally Posted by really View Post
      God cannot destroy himself because He is Omnipotent.


    19. #44
      Banned
      Join Date
      Jul 2010
      Posts
      898
      Likes
      825
      Quote Originally Posted by tommo
      Oh and chimpertainment your explanation of Quantum physics was laughable.
      glad I could put a smile on your face...


      Quote Originally Posted by Nivv
      Where are the toilets?
      Exit, Stage Left....

      Quote Originally Posted by jetta86s
      how will you know you already found your soulmate????
      Because you already found them...

      Quote Originally Posted by Burke
      What do you think of tommo and UM arguing in your thread?
      Meh

      Quote Originally Posted by tommo
      It's just.... this. Chemicals. Atoms. Energy.
      There is a lot more to the world than what you can sense...you are talking about less than 5% of the known universe...

    20. #45
      LD's this year: ~7 tommo's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 2007
      Gender
      Location
      Melbourne
      Posts
      9,202
      Likes
      4986
      DJ Entries
      7
      Quote Originally Posted by Chimpertainment View Post
      There is a lot more to the world than what you can sense...you are talking about less than 5% of the known universe...
      Do you want me to explain everything in existence? The great minds of our species have been accumulating that data and knowledge for a long time.

      UM - The problem is you're talking in symbols, we're talking in symbols. So when you say I quadruple posted, I can only say that I posted once.
      We can't talk in non-symbols.
      Say I did post four times. Why are those events connected? They're not in reality. Only in our minds they are. What makes it quadruple?
      In reality some particles collided in a small section of existence.

    21. #46
      Consciousness in the Void Universal Mind's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2004
      Gender
      Location
      The Eternal Paradox
      Posts
      12,853
      Likes
      1031
      Quote Originally Posted by tommo View Post
      Do you want me to explain everything in existence? The great minds of our species have been accumulating that data and knowledge for a long time.

      UM - The problem is you're talking in symbols, we're talking in symbols. So when you say I quadruple posted, I can only say that I posted once.
      We can't talk in non-symbols.
      Say I did post four times. Why are those events connected? They're not in reality. Only in our minds they are. What makes it quadruple?
      In reality some particles collided in a small section of existence.
      I don't really think you quadruple posted. I was just illustrating a point. You said you posted once, as opposed to four times. You obviously believe that there is reality involved in the situation of how many times in a row you posted. What do you call that reality? In other words, what do you call the reality the symbols represent, if not math? I am only talking about the reality of how many times you posted, not what the posts are made of. You believe in that reality.
      Last edited by Universal Mind; 08-23-2012 at 04:44 AM.
      Quote Originally Posted by really View Post
      God cannot destroy himself because He is Omnipotent.


    22. #47
      LD's this year: ~7 tommo's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 2007
      Gender
      Location
      Melbourne
      Posts
      9,202
      Likes
      4986
      DJ Entries
      7
      Quote Originally Posted by Universal Mind View Post
      I don't really think you quadruple posted. I was just illustrating a point. You said you posted once, as opposed to four times. You obviously believe that there is reality involved in the situation of how many times in a row you posted. What do you call that reality? In other words, what do you call the reality the symbols represent, if not math? I am only talking about the reality of how many times you posted, not what the posts are made of. You believe in that reality.
      I know you didn't think I actually posted 4 times. Read my posts or don't try to argue.

      That is not reality, that is a construct of your mind.

    23. #48
      Consciousness in the Void Universal Mind's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2004
      Gender
      Location
      The Eternal Paradox
      Posts
      12,853
      Likes
      1031
      Quote Originally Posted by tommo View Post
      I know you didn't think I actually posted 4 times. Read my posts or don't try to argue.

      That is not reality, that is a construct of your mind.
      I was just trying to be clear. You weren't. If it is just a construct of the mind, then why did you correct me when I said you quadruple posted? Could your mind have just as easily constructed that you posted 175 posts in a row?
      Last edited by Universal Mind; 08-23-2012 at 06:12 AM.
      Quote Originally Posted by really View Post
      God cannot destroy himself because He is Omnipotent.


    24. #49
      Member Achievements:
      1000 Hall Points Veteran Second Class
      nicromno's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2012
      LD Count
      a few ...
      Gender
      Posts
      95
      Likes
      61
      What is the relationship between quantum mechanics and classical chaos?
      Clarification: If quantum mechanics does not demonstrate an exponential sensitivity to initial conditions, how can exponential sensitivity to initial conditions arise in classical chaos, which must be the correspondence principle limit of quantum mechanics?

    25. #50
      Moderator Achievements:
      1 year registered Made lots of Friends on DV Vivid Dream Journal Referrer Bronze Veteran First Class 10000 Hall Points Stickie King
      sivason's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2007
      LD Count
      2,500ish
      Gender
      Location
      Idaho
      Posts
      4,098
      Likes
      4762
      DJ Entries
      356
      Quote Originally Posted by Universal Mind View Post
      What do you mean? African or European?

      Well, well, yes, of course that would make a difference, I once saw an african swallow carrying a coconut.
      Peace Be With You. Oh, and sure, The Force too, why not.



      "Instruction in Dream Yoga"

    Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

    Bookmarks

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •